The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today?

Comments

• Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    I'm building or fixing right now because my computer crashed and I had to put windows in again so I lost everything.. :'( so I'm starting from the very beginning. so far I made one family.. the Matthews.. I have been working on there garden and getting there skills up.. i have no cc's or mod..so I have been doing it the old fashion way taking my time..

You can make some preventive measures now and get an external drive or a USB to put save games/games on it, when you get your system on its feet. I know the pain of losing everything, heh happened to me 3 times. Don't get me started with hard drive failures and losing 500GB worth of files.
  • JyotaiJyotai Posts: 505 Member
    I spent yesterday starting a "new" game.

I went into my old save the saved every lot I could remember altering into my library, then made a new save and put them all into that - that took hours as I'd modded over half the game's lots. I saved this new map to a backup.

Then I went into my old save and saved every random townie I'd made mods to, minus a few that annoyed me, into my library, and those of my played households that I liked...

and that was somewhere over 100 households of townies and 4 played houses...

Then I went into my new save and deleted every single Maxis household except for Father Winter (wasn't sure what might happen if I deleted him). And then I used a blank lot to one by one import over 100 households and then evict them and remove the 'heart' mark on them. Then I loaded in my 4 played households and put them back on their lots - one of them I managed to 'reset' because I had saved her to my library right before starting to play here, but the others came in with skills and asperations already done as I couldn't figure out how to remove these...

I played for about an hour before I remembered to make a backup... So my 'unplayed' is more of a 'slightly played' - but the sim I played was the one I had an old library copy of so I have the ability to restart that one. I wish I knew how to 'reset' everything on a sim - my sim that had completed strangerviller came in with that listed as done, but in my new save it's of course not done. Little things like that bug me.

But this gives me a game free of 'baggage' of the goofs I made when I first started, and free of the Maxis sims. While I like a number of the Maxis sims, I felt this weird compulsion to not mess with them. It was kind of either - delete them or leave them in stasis. This way every sim in my game, played or townie, is mine, and I won't feel pressure to not mess with them. ;)

I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:
  • Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    @Becka28 @AlwaysAsking @sarabeth2984 @Daephene @Keidra and everyone else following the genetics discussion.

I don't have screenshots of Alexander, Dylan, and Zeph's sons yet. Alden is only a toddler now, and Dylan's Son is still a baby. So, I won't have pictures of them to share for a little bit. I did have Alden as a child before aging up. He had his father's hairstyle when he aged up, but he did not look like his father at all. Since I back tracked, I'll have to wait to see if he ages up the same way. Dylan and Zeph are fairly good looking, so it'll be interesting to see if two good looking sims will produce more good looking sims.
    edited May 2021
    @Jyotai I think there are cheats that can remove aspiration traits, but I don't think there is a cheat to reset aspiration progress. If you create an identical twin in CAS, you can hypothetically create a blank copy of any sims. That's how I created my own Kalamainu'u and Ukupanipo without the maxis physical features.

That being said, twins created by "playing with genetics" in CAS aren't true clones. Genetic traits do not transfer. For example, I can't create clones of Dylan and Zeph in CAS without losing their Sulani Mana trait. In fact, the Anti-Twins had to be uploaded from the Gallery to avoid losing the Sulani Mana trait, so they have all the traits the original twins have with the exception of whatever I changed.

The cheat I used to modify the twins was:

Traits.Equip_Trait Trait_[Insert Trait or Cheat Name for Trait]

Traits.Remove_Trait Trait_[Insert Trait or Cheat Name for Trait]

CAS.Fulleditmode

That helped with changing their core traits.

To be fair, I might give Dylan and Zeph the Good Trait by removing the Child of the Ocean Trait to emphasize their good nature. Sometimes characters are more interesting when you don't take half measures with their character traits. The only reason I didn't do that sooner was because I didn't want to create Mary Sues. I'll probably keep them as they are to avoid that.
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    HillyBeth wrote: »
    @mcrudd - A new baby owl has arrived!
    Caitlin Delaney Cole!
    63fbWSB.png

Being a Security Guard is tough work <3
    qSLm1eA.png

awwwww so cute <3 Glad you like your little owl outfits <3 Your little toddler curled up on the chair is cuteness overload :)
    I will be uploading the fox ones that @permanentrose requested for the fox nursery tonight when the last wild animal dungaree one publishes ;)
  • KeidraKeidra Posts: 460 Member
    So for reasons I'm unable to say, because I'm still fiddling, I replaced the house. We also got a new photographer Sim in another save, her name's Jackie lol Jacquelyn Nevarez. I used her for testing a potion bug once. Anyway, our new photographer was kind enough to take photos of all of the satellite Eisensterns (not that I gave her any choice), and now we have a full collection of portraits for all of our non-direct-line-but-still-an-Eisenstern-and-spare-kids Sims.

TS4-x64-2021-05-27-15-26-04.jpg
    TS4-x64-2021-05-27-15-25-43.jpg
    Left to right, top to bottom, M means married, C means child: Stella (M Cynemaer); Adriana (C Cyne & Stella); Kurtis (C Cyne & Stella); Orlando (M Bryn); Kaylie (M Freya); Svenja (theoretically... C Orlando & Bryn); Espen (C Orlando & Bryn); Ari (C Orlando & Bryn); Andor (C Freya & Kaylie); Tamika (C Freya & Kaylie, Adopted); Ellen (C Freya & Kaylie, Adopted); Akira Kibo (Ezio and Morgyn's dad); Kristyn (C Caleb & Morgyn); Caleb (M Morgyn); Morgyn; Lana (Ezio and Morgyn's mom).
    TS4-x64-2021-05-27-20-05-21.jpg
    This is a throwback house! I went back to a version of the generation 1 house, I... don't even know why specifically generation 1's house but I remember staring at the screen and thinking "Man I miss some of the older houses we've had," and went digging up old saves to find it, and ended up pulling specifically this one. This one's after I moved the boys downstairs, we used to have an upstairs, but it glitched out like mad re: staircase and I got tired of them having a ladder. -rolls eyes-

Anyway, I replaced the office with an extra bedroom for Avery and Cecily. I don't remember exactly how it goes, I think it's we lose Caleb-Drake-Morgyn all at once, then a few days later, Ezio, and then another few days later, Bryn, and *then*, Cynemaer and Cecily, and then Freya and Kaylie. Freya and Kaylie are active and have bonus days from fitness. So there's just going to be... like a week, maybe almost two, where a bunch of the older generations just die off in swathes, like we lose two generations in one go basically, it'll be so bad. >>

TS4-x64-2021-05-27-20-05-34.jpg
    Ezio built a studio/robotics room/magic room out back, and I expanded it a little bit, sold the robotics station and got another treadmill, and then built another room (hidden behind a bookshelf door!) that leads to a staircase.

TS4-x64-2021-05-27-20-05-44.jpg
    Staircase goes down here...

TS4-x64-2021-05-27-20-05-52.jpg
    Into... our new family crypt.

TS4-x64-2021-05-27-16-00-40.jpg
    Stella unfortunately passed away, so we now have three ghosts (four if you count Mayor Whiskers; not sure what to do with him after Ezio and Drake die because his urn doesn't really work anymore...)

TS4-x64-2021-05-27-20-06-25.jpg
    Anyway, I did redo some of the rooms to give it a bit of an updated look, make it feel a little fresh even if it's not. Made the kitchen all dark and blue.

TS4-x64-2021-05-27-20-06-39.jpg
    Obligatory armchair for the toddler.

Incidentally, replacing the house with this older version gave us back a Lot of family photos that we had lost between house 1 and house... idk what number I was on, like, 5? 6? Anyway. Idk, my issue is that I get tired of the same surroundings very quick, so maybe if I just update the house's interior here and there, that'll stave it off. We'll see.

I should be done with the experiment soon, in like a day or two, and be able to go back to updating on the Eisensterns again. Today was kind of a bust because it decided to storm half the day.
    白雪夏夜我不停歇
    我并不感到困扰

I am kind to everyone. But if you are unkind to me, kindness is not what you will remember me for.
    I am autistic. Wording isn't my strong suit.

Stop player on player violence.
    Continuing the journey I have set with Miranda..

I'll also give a proper introduction. She's the first daughter of Melony(Gen 6; daughter of Madison) and Tanvi(one of 4 generated vampires in my game) and the second vampire born in the family. She's a full vampire, not a hybrid. Her youngest brother is named Moses. Stanley is one of the sons of the Spensor-Kim-Lewis family though right now I don't know who his parents are until I get control of him. His role in her life was decided the moment they first met. I was just visiting random houses and I came to his house and he approached her and it went from there. I'm having a blast with this family.

Melony: "Catch me if you can!"
    Stanley: "I don't feel like running, besides you run way too fast."
    Melony: (silly humans)
    WuzSNOm.png
    "Take this key, now you can come over any time you like."
    "Wow, are you sure it's ok with your parents though??"
    "Yes, mom came by a few minutes ago and said it was alright."
    kmYFH6j.png
    (...meanwhile in the Spensor-Kim-Lewis residence..)
    Lena: ("GRRR THIS HOUSE REEKS. EVEN THE FOOD DISGUSTS ME HERE.")
    2sbSeC9.png
    Tanvi: ("Then get out.")
    TuQnPjK.png
    "Why you don't wont to be here anyway? This is a big family you got here, lots of nec... err love to go around."
    "You can't begin to imagine what its like to be cooped up in a house of 12 people and having your sleep disturbed EVERY NIGHT"
    "I don't need sleep and maybe you should think about moving out?"
    "What do you mean you don't need sleep!?"
    saNlRB2.png
    (Miranda dashes into view)
    "Are you suuuuuuure you want to know the answer to that?"
    sOVm5XN.png

For this last one, this is the last day they spent as children. She likes the rain and dragged poor Stanley all the way here to play.
    20mty69.png
    edited May 2021
    I was making some progress on my 100 baby challenge when Erik, Dylan's Son, got the hurt sentiment from Serene's poor potty training. I need to step away for the moment.

Edit: I just don't understand how the son of a sim that was angelic as a toddler without the angelic trait could be such a little devil with the same toddler trait.
  • Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    Quin and Rohan update
    previous update

All good honeymoons come to an end

When you have Beowoof with you there is no lazy mornings sleeping in.
    JcRVcA4.png
    Time to take him for a walk
    QNK0BYw.png
    Quin stopped paying attention for a few seconds and Beowoof managed to create a puddle and roll in it.
    XlpjjTy.png
    There seems to be a lot of sims out in their swimwear
    i2FmKMn.png
    qJKnn1R.png
    I discovered (on the day the honeymoon was ending) that there is a beach and lake right near the rental house. well now they have an excuse to come back to Mt komorebi - there is obviously lots left to explore!

Last day in the snow
    Poor Mt Komorebi postman! He needs to protest for a cold weather uniform.
    4w1qixL.png
    The woman who nearly crashed onto Quin with her broomstick in Brindletn Bay was back again.
    6CY9Nfq.png
    E0QKwMi.png
    After some successful climbing, the guys try to have some final romantic snow moments
    FWhnd4Z.png
    But Quin's fans won't let him be...
    sLnpa7Q.png
    They spent a nice evening at the house
    OyvB541.png
    and then it was time to head for home...
    I think they were still in the honeymoon mood
    DH4ZRu4.png

Every day life resumes
    Rohan is back at work and Quin uploads videos about his honeymoon then settles in to enjoying his kitchen again - baking a pie for Rohan and a gourmet pet meal for Beowoof too
    OTx6G68.png
    The pet meals look nicer than the gourmet meals!
    ruWhoyb.png
    Beowoof enthusiastically appreciates his meal
    ZI98aRT.png
    Welcoming Rohan home from work
    uhXzB1k.png
    Rohan also enthusiastically appreciates the meal
    s63nABq.png
    And even has seconds
    UyIaXWA.png

The honeymoon may be over but the romance isn't
    A romantic dinner out - they ignore the paparazzo and grab a private room
    s1a4uMO.png
    When they aren't being romantic they never stop talking
    RlVsPwQ.png
    qvErVf5.png
    Romantic welcome home from work for Rohan
    ImwAFEb.png
    Its lovely to have your own private pond to relax in
    4ThwyDt.png
    Or flirt in
    znntcoU.png
    or get romantic
    tZgHTF6.png
    Beowoof doesn't mind - he loves the water so much.
    Egf8C8o.png
    I just really enjoy how happy these two are
    99rYLyS.png
    jMMmgs9.png
    Final shot of Rohan LOL
    tOiAUKX.png
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,836 Member
    @SamDenny I love your Miranda and Stanley, they are such fun!

• DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    I spent some time today adding likes and dislikes to all my families. I decided on a system where I add 4 when they age to child, then see what they might develop through gameplay and add up to 4 more up to a total of no more than 10 when they age up to teen, then do the same and add up to 4 more up to a total of 15 when they age up to YA, and up to 4 more or a total of 20 when they become adults. For now I gave all the children 4, teens 8, YA 12 and Adults and Elders 16. Hopefully making them dislike dancing works so that I can have stereos in my houses now without all the sims choosing dance as their #1 autonomous activity, otherwise those music preferences won't mean much.

Also since I posted last I discovered that when I created Rackham the dog I actually forgot to choose the gender, and apparently it had defaulted to female. So her name is Bonny now, as in Ann.

I'm going to catch up on some comments but I'm way behind so sorry about the old news.

@Lucy_Henley For example, I had something else I wanted to tell you about character values but your sims have already aged up now. Anyway, I discovered that if you have trouble raising conflict resolution, you can have your teens shout forbidden words at their parents when they're in a bad mood, and then apologize for it. It lowers manners, but that's the easiest one to build back up. If they parent then encourages apologizing they'll get a good boost to conflict resolution each time. And generally the apology will mend the relationship damage.

@DeafSimmer I enjoyed how you changed up the story and made the childhood good girl into the mean girl later. Made a nice twist.

@Smellincoffee Zombies plus Strangerville infection sounds like a hilarious combination.

@Metior_Ice I enjoyed Helios's story! I loved the evil doppleganger idea too and they look cool. I do like the good guys better but the evil ones also look cool. It was also fun to see the premades as mermen. Apart from the ears I think Alexander was my favorite.
    My only noncommittal sim so far has been Brytani Cho, and as I didn't want that one to last anyway it was ok. I used the social for talk about fear of commitment or however it's worded to start the breakup fight. With my born in game sims I only give that trait to sims I don't want to marry anyway. But I think you got a lot of good advice from AlwaysAsking so I don't feel too bad about not being able to also help.

@Lady_Earth Lately you've been giving me a lot of nostalgia for my first ever Sims 2 playthrough, which was in Veronaville. And for a few old tv shows too. Stan Lee was a nice surprise too!

@mightysprite Thank you for posting your university experiment and the results! I think there are cases where I'll send sims for a regular degree anyway (lazy sims, for example, or those who treat uni more as a time to meet their future spouses and friends rather than as a career boost). I haven't really played with DU much yet as the sims I want to send are just now aging to children, so it's nice to know what to expect!

@sarabeth2984 I love the idea of the "So My Dad's a Vampire" club. It was fun to see all of your different sim channels!

@HillyBeth I enjoy seeing the pictures of your lovely family! I love some of the poses you get from whatever mod you are using.

@Daravi Have fun with Mass Effect! I've been seeing so much from fans that it is very tempting but I am going to try to wait. My husband likes it when I leave some things I want for him to buy me for Christmas. I am sorry to hear the political issues are making it hard to enjoy your sims. It makes no sense at all to attack random people of a specific ethnicity or religion because you don't like what other people of that group are doing in a completely different country. But it keeps happening over here too.

@sunblond Samyr and Lacie had a lovely wedding!

@Keidra Logan is beautiful! And Nathalie turned out much nicer than Wolfgang's kids in my game. Ivander is super cute.
    What's going on with in-game camera updates? Love the family portrait wall.

@texxx78 Love the vampire lady!

@SimsLady2000 Your mint sim moved fast! Lovely wedding. Does his wife have the hates children trait?

@karibird I haven't played the Pancakes yet either! I am gradually pulling the premades into my families but I haven't gotten to them yet. I've just gotten to the Spencer-Kim-Lewis household too.

@JustMeAlb Sounds like Zack was off to a good start by the end of your post!

@Becka28 Sunbathing with cat is one of my favorite screenshots! I loved it. Bruce and Walker not only enjoyed the waterfall, they had my game's second ever autonomous woohoo at the rental house.
    I loved Rohan and Quin's honeymoon! So many pretty shots.
    I think your problem with Mirabelle is one of the reasons I don't play challenges, but make up my own rules instead. I had to play the serial romantic on my own terms to enjoy it. Athena won my heart in the end, which I don't think she could have if I'd played her according to someone else's rules. But it is fun to read about your experience with the challenge and how you make it work.
    So sad that Shari didn't live to see the wedding. Love Slate's look in the cake photo. Tiger's a cutie!

@SwanSong93 Is the erotic novel something you have to have a mod to write? The toddler playdate was pretty adorable. I love that the dads all wore costumes.

@Firande Nice use of color and light! Looks really good!

@AlwaysAsking I put a rental house on the lot in between the one you marked and the beach. That's where both my vampire family and Bruce and Walker's family vacationed in the past couple of months. So you were close! Max and Millie actually live on what used to be the other beach lot in the bottom right neighborhood, but I didn't visit them there this time. My public beach with the fire pit is by the waterfall, on that little island lot.
    I haven't played with Christie Sigworth yet but man she's going to need a makeover when I get to her.
    Stay tuned for Rinaldo and family in my next post.

@bookish_sammy Good luck to Brynn and Bob! I haven't played with the Pancakes but from what I hear they might be happier separated.

@Thrior Axel's life continues to be anything but boring!

@SamDenny Miranda is fun! This is my Olivia. They don't look terribly different, once you get past the hairstyles and facial expressions.
    bJAtavQ.png

Ok, I'm going to put my own gameplay update in a separate post because this one is getting long.
    Finally caught back up with the 100 baby challenge, and now, Serene is pregnant with Rohan's child! 3 more children to go for Serene, but first, I'll finally make a proper update.

Also, I'll save this challenge for when I'm ready for the torment that is toddlers.
    So I did a few things this week. For one, I finished the Bateman household. Brandon aged up to child.
    CAS:
    VVm7i3r.png

Out in the world his cheekbones are a bit sharper.
    n0b9OFA.png
    MVTBANr.png

For reference, this is what his parent Bo looked like as a child:
    HCtnGSo.png

And then I went back and got portraits for the two families I didn't cover a couple of months ago. I've cropped them to something approaching the in-game portraits. Both of these families were in my holiday update a few weeks back but I went back to get official portraits this week.
    First the Fyres family. Finnian was raised by his father Gerardo, now deceased, an alien in the acting profession. When Finnian was young Gerardo moved in a young girlfriend, Siobhan Fyres. As a teen, Finnian fell in love with Siobhan's sister, Morgan, whom he later married. Siobhan, Finnian and Morgan are all Adults now.
    qYJbfZl.png?1
    CMskclk.png?1

Finnian is a comedian who shot to the top of his career with a fame chance card early on, but is still working on finishing the Joke Star aspiration. His fame star has been fading. Morgan is a musician, who spent her young adult stage focusing more on skill than career or fame, so she's very good at the guitar and singing but not very famous yet. She has started mixing music as well as writing and selling songs. Siobhan has been making a name for herself as an internet personality, with heavy use of the streaming drone and video editing station, and currently has 3.5 fame stars.
    Finnian and Morgan have a teen daughter, Farrah. She wants to be an actress, but for now she's a high school drama club member.
    Ya8gfu9.png?1

I played around with the new hair colors a bit and am trying out a lighter, more reddish brown on her. What do you think?
    ZgCGpHD.png

Siobhan and Gerardo had a son later in life named Forrest Fyres. Unlike his big brother, Forrest inherited his father's alien skin tone. He aged up to child last rotation.
    c9vFcUG.png?1
    u0MUXzn.png?1

I'm still working on what to do with Siobhan and Forrest, and how long they will continue to live with Morgan now that Gerardo isn't binding them together.

Meanwhile in Willow Creek we have the Andreas-Munch household.
    Lucas and Holly eventually married after a courtship slowed down by Lucas's unflirty trait. They have been very happy now for several years.
    muT6Tcy.png?1

They are both nature lovers. Lucas is working on the Outdoor Enthusiast aspiration. Holly is in the gardener career and spends a lot of her time tending her garden, her bees, and arranging flowers.
    They have two daughters. Harper aged to teen last rotation.
    miZpBwN.png?1
    She kind of has Lucas's eyes but with a darker color and not quite as... disturbing.
    jrkLBJK.png?1

Maybelle aged to child last rotation. She took the dog lover trait, so they got a dog I haven't taken pictures of yet.
    aTikfkP.png?1
    alxJNXO.png?1

And then I moved to Oasis Springs to my half-Batuu household.
    Rogue aged up!
    DSAGcIL.png
    AHTZ2Yv.png

And then the family took a vacation to Batuu so Valad could show her daughter where she came from.
    kR3hiJH.png
    Valad:
    9Q6HxU1.png
    XYcyzcC.png

I still have the bug where the aliens don't have their masks, because the fix doesn't always work for existing saves, but at least Valad kept hers when she travelled.
    wtYIXAS.png

Rogue:
    0KnAgbm.png

She seems skeptical about the porg.
    tz4wwCB.png

She had fun watching Rinaldo play sabacc.
    cxYxH76.png
    uAPq8dE.png
    09V8WWo.png

And she was very friendly to the local authorities.
    fEjIlys.png

She even politely kept them occupied while her father was... busy.
    5sln77k.png

But they didn't stay long, as they wanted to be back to earth (or whatever planet sims live on) in time to ring in the New Year!
    1nl6oZM.png
    6W757W5.png

Rogue brought home a few new toys.
    kFgyPYU.png

So that's what I've been doing this week, besides speculating about genetics with you all. I'll let you know if I have time to do some experimenting this weekend.
    Happy Simming!
    Well, I started my post only to accidentally close the tab. Fortunately, I won't have to go back and edit the pictures. On the down side, this will delay the update. I didn't click the save draft option, so It's my bad.
    Happy yall like Miranda. I'm having a ton of fun with that family too. I'll continue with that story arc later. Right now I'm excited because I found a screenshots folder I didn't know I had. Turns out the game was saving these whenever I used the camera or did a painting via Paint from Reference.

Gen 1-4 were the most played/thought out generations in my game. I had a particular theme for each of them. The color of their clothes are their favorite colors and the color of their house(interior as well) is also the same color. Names that are italicized are no longer living.

Laitha, my first sim. GOD I MISS HER.
    aiu81K4.png
    Brandi I, jamming and loving it.
    GdHcYyw.png
    Brandi: "Laitha, it's time to get up. Breakfast is ready."
    Laitha: "...ooohh....just a few more minutes..."
    MrrYzrn.png
    Nanesha(pronounced: Nah knee sha), sleeping after a long day from skiing.
    7gmg3BV.png
    Brandi III(left) and Brandi II.
    lx5onvW.png
    Samantha.
    5D813ht.png
    Candi Behr(married to Samantha).
    gxHDKCy.png
    A very young Sam(full name is Samuel), who my account is named after.
    GsbO0TC.png
    Sam and his daughter Shannon. Miranda was at their house earlier - Shannon and Lakshmi are his children.
    2nCb85d.png
    Jason, Sam's first son. I let the age up process handle his clothing I admit. He's letting his grandmother paint his picture(I lazily built the family art museum).
    Ce5HPve.png

• TikaaniaTikaania Posts: 65 Member
    Hi, I am looking for modern minimalist houses/mansions. Who is the best builders? Thank you.
    The 100 Merbabies Challenge

Matriarch Serene Zalia

My modifications to the challenge rules:
    Auto-Aging is turned off.

The 7th child of the current matriarch will be the next Matriarch. I will be influencing the gender for the Matriarch. Gender will not be influenced for all other children.

For experimentation purposes, Alexander, Dylan, and Zeph's sons had their gender influenced.

Babies age up once their relationship with the Matriarch is maxed.

Toddlers age up once all their toddler skills are maxed.

Children age up once they complete their childhood aspiration and get an A in grade school

Teens age up once they get an A in high school and max out a skill.

Traits will be randomized by the in-game mechanics.

Aspirations will be rotated through childhood aspirations. Adult and Teen Aspirations will be decided based on the childhood Aspiration. For example, a creative childhood aspiration will result in a rotated creative adult aspiration.

The Starter Home:
    51210855005_2b95b99ae8_k.jpg

51210854995_5bd6724a31_k.jpg

51209990768_0f2cbb3884_k.jpg

The Fixed Lot Traits: Micro Home, Oceanic Paradise, Volcanic Activity, and Off the Grid.

The Current Family:

Alden wasn't naturally born a merman because I deleted Alexander while he was a baby. It's possible that Alden won't have his father's genetics influence him as he ages up. We shall see if that is the case. Anyways, I was happy to see children with their Merform when saving a household again. Their merform is incomplete and unusable in game, but it gives me hope that occult children might get a much needed update.
    51209990163_b56285b305_c.jpg

51209077112_e8d3344932_b.jpg

Alden Blackfin (Alexander Goth's Son)
    51210553039_41cc21b45e_c.jpg

Erik Zalio (Dylan Zalrian's Son)
    51210553034_437021198c_c.jpg

Leon Luchio (Zephyr Zalrian's Son)
    51210854230_1c031033d3_z.jpg

Extras:

Alden Aging Up:
    51210554679_b0cd90b42f_c.jpg

Erik gets the Hurt Sentiment:
    51210553684_015ce3ea69_b.jpg

51209991728_2162fbe916_b.jpg
  • Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    @AlwaysAsking I love how your Orange ages up, he is so handsome. Olivia is definitely one of the more goodlooking female premades and Thorne isn't bad either (lol - just teasing, I know you like him). Orange is such a monstrosity in the game if you have the pack. I think yours is probably how they riginally intended him to look before the weird genetics problems took over. You should put your Orange on the gallery. :)
    I can't think who I would match Anton with who isn't Quin. My brain doesn't work too well there. But I think most sims would like him - he has nice traits (beacause I didn't try and cheat and make someone really nice or anything, so Quin couldn't help but like them. ;) ) Please keephim away from Luna though LOL. Anton has just turned adult and is prematurely grey - Quin was 3 days off being an adult so he is a more mature sim but can match with young adults who are about half way through their life span.
    J., despite being non-commital is the most obsessive sim in any of my saves. Poor Don - he has a stalker for life!
    And I laughed at your statement about creating co-dependent sims. My Quin and Rohan definetely are. Anton and Quin seemed more balanced and less needy but Rohan and Quin can hardly operate if the other isn't around.

@Metior_Ice I went and looked at the screenshot you mentioned. He is a good looking townie. I save some interesting townies from every generation and I think I have his son or grandson (judging by the looks) but didn't save him. :(
    I am glad Helios got asked on a date but I agree I hate the date location - it is actually where Anton asked Quin which s why they walked down near the river instead.
    hY13CB7.png
    I try and fill up Magnolia Crescent with date locations as they seem to default there for dates.

@Keidra Your little monster is definetely a cute toddler! I feel for you over the toddler eating. Thats why I had a locked toddler room in my 100 babies - people tlking to them, seats too far away - I tried to avoid all of those headaches! Basically toddlers in the game seem determined to starve. I like your portraits. I always intend to do something like that but forget or get distracted and its incomplete. However, i have a full family tree in the Plumtree App, with screenshots from CAS, for my entire lot of descendants in the NSB save (which I am at gen 9 so I am proud of my concentration there).

@Thrior I love all the accidentally starting relationships - I have done that more than once but not so luckily with Caleb. Axl could have a worse family infatuated with him LOL I loved your Mary Poppins screenshots in the glitches thread.

@sarabeth2984 congrats on the speedbuilds on youtube. I have watched the last weeks one for Rosemow's thread. I like the sound of what else you are planning. I hope it goes well.As for Quin and Rohan's future - Quin is going to explode if I don't let him have another child - he is the most baby / family obsessed sim I have ever, ever had. But I will leave it to risky woohoo and autonomous try for a baby so I am not making the decision myself. I put Anton on the gallery as he is a very nice personality and deserves to go to other games.
    TPKQWt2.png
    Quin gives Anton a 5 heart recommendation as a sim.
    Mirabelle is supposed to be non - commital but she got way beyond it and seemed out of my control - but the main reason I dislike her is the way she treats Larry - you will see. I liked all of my NSBs except for her. Rose (Lincoln) had his issues but I still liked his basic personality and he truly loved Lucas even if he had to do the serial romantic aspiration. I enjoyed his redemption storyline. I never follow any rule in a challenge I really hate (Green is supposed to have 5 enemies - it is too much work in the game mechanic to keep people at enemy level and it doesn't make sense storywise so I won't do that part). But I agree with you Quin and Rohan are way more my preferred playstyle - I work as a pscyhologist in schools and daily hear horrible toxic stuff so don't need to play it in my ganes - Mirabelle comes too cose to reality I suppose. Whereas, criminal sims and lots of other dark stuff in the game are not really like reality so is more fun and fictional and escapist.

I like the changing channels analogy. I change saves as channels. I am way too obsessive about my sims and can't play in a save and see them wlaking around out of control. WOW! I didn't recognise the apartment that Parvarti is in. You really did go all out. Its so nice to catch up with Rocky again. i have my fingers crossed for that couple. Trey doing the is it cute interaction made me laugh. Lots of my NSB sims do it because too much alien in that bloodline so far. I am up to the green sim and he has potential romance with a purple alien and I am like NO! no more aliens in the family. The Untamed treachery piece looks awesome. I am sure all my sims would go and see it at the cinema and read Diego's interviews. Like you I can't wait to get my hands on the new decorator pack - may have to create a new sim for it. (its not fairies or werewolves but it actually seems totally replayable).

@Jyotai congratulations on making a save for yourself. I always intend to do something like this and get distracted half way through. I would like a save with all buildings replaced by my builds and yes my townies. I use some premades but others like the Goths I don't want to mess wiith so I understand what you mean there.

@Daephene I really like Harper (and I get what you mean about less disturbing eyes.Rogue is lovely - does she have cc hair? (or is it ECo lifestyle/ batuu/paranormal insert packs I dont own here etc hair)

@Tikaania I like aljay2000, JoJomomster, luckyheather among others. Youtubers Deligracy and James turner do lots of modern stuff and put it on the gallery too. Check out some of the threads in the builder save like Blueprint builds and you can get links to slideshows of houses so you can check ut if they suit you. I am beckablitz on the gallery and I am by no means a great builder, but they are used in game and built to be played so here are some of my modern builds:
    eNoQQ7S.png
    Wrqxpw3.png
    d8WQheM.png?1
    ckyTlW5.png

Not so Berry: Plum update (Mirabelle's Story)
    previous update

There was one room in Mirabelle's house that was fully decorated - Tiger's room.
    Mirabelle tried to be a good mother
    6ZaeNmy.png
    But Larry did most of the work...
    YE5Rlv9.png
    He got up in the middle of the night and soothed nightmares
    twNfy1u.png
    HNunSu7.png
    He also tried to make the marriage work
    bI5nl1d.png
    But it was obvious (even to him) that he was doing more than his fair share..
    QwjteoK.png

Married life cont. .....
    Mirabelle and Larry went through the motions but conversation was a struggle
    iLxzYuW.png
    They would sit for hours just staring into space not having anything to say
    PNRCTOQ.png
    Tiger was a bright spot of noise and laughter in the quiet house...
    UNgs0SX.png
    He temporarily revitalised the mood whenever he was awake
    KxrvwGm.png
    But then he'd go to bed and they would go back to staring into space and sighing... (I have never been so sad playing sims in my life including all the pet deaths. It was very awkward and uncomfortable especially when I see how flirty and chatty Mirabelle is with ANYONE else but Larry
    iZyvNfM.png
    Mirabelle really only interacted with Larry if she was in the flirty mood.
    k5j5qUl.png

Mirabelle feels trapped..
    Mirabelle felt trapped in her marriage so she was glad she had work to go to - and the distractions it provided.
    FU97eIi.png
    Uzbbd6k.png
    (yes the NPC came in and washed his hands and then stared at the mirror for the whole woohoo. Sims are a creepy bunch.)
    She kept on getting ahead in her career very quickly (thanks to MCC it didn't take long for the pregnant sims to turn up rather than my non-modded games where it takes 4 or 5 days to happen).
    F6dQeuA.png
    Camden kept on wanting to know why she wasn't seeing him so often
    5jSN3CQ.png
    But she worked her charms on him and kept him under her spell
    KkVFwfM.png
    As did Xzavier
    xxmDzkP.png
    ANother lover cheered up..
    ourhZ4H.png
    The romance festival came around and Mirabelle wanted to go
    However Larry had to go to work
    7lF4e9L.png
    So Mirabelle went by herself - she thought she saw her Dr friend there but actually it was his identical twin brother. Mirabelle decided that she didn't mind dating twins (see poor Mathias Doyle - in cream jacket in the background thinking - please date me Mirabelle - NO she won't) I also loved the excited face on the black haired NPC.
    5JU0av5.png
    EFmCIey.png
    She was getting bolder and brought him home.
    V94eW3A.png

A new guy in town
    One day a new neighbour knocked on the door - for once I was in total agreement with Mirabelle when she found him extremely attractive and wanted to flirt with him. (He was born in game and - yes - went straight to my library of saved sims). His name is Efrain Dreamer (Dirk is in his grandfather or great grandfather).
    BMwp1Pm.png
    Mirabelle set to work winning him over with her charms
    vGtSR8O.png
    And she was successful because for whatever reason - male sims just feel she has that special something
    hJ526pZ.png
    Poor exhausted Larry returned from work and noticed the new neighbour but thankfully not his wife being overly flirty.
    h6bXs4Y.png
    Mirabelle sent Efrain home and set about distracting Larry
    W2TZLdb.png
    Larry was just happy his wife seemed to be interested in him and didn't question why
    TmG06sm.png

A special day
    Mirabelle occasionally caught up with her family on Sunday evenings but not as often as Slate would like.
    le5A34p.png
    He tried to maintain a relationship with his daughter catching up with her at dance club but Mirabelle felt bored and trapped by the attention.
    Slate the most awesome elder ever!!
    gAN2i96.png
    A secial day arrived - Tiger's birthday - thanks to Larry and the well run Oasis SPrings day care Tiger had good toddler skills (no thanks to Mirabelle who barely noticed her son ever)
    N255T9b.png
    I gave Larry the priveledge of aging Tiger as he deserved it.
    SYPaRQk.png
    And now we have a cute child (who is self assured as his first trait).
    Kc5DBBx.png?1
    He tried to get attention from his mother or his grandfather but Slate was busy trying to get Mirabelle's attention and she was busy trying not to be bored by how much her Dad loves her (those non-commital sims are harsh)
    885WHxw.png
    Thankfully, family is important to Slate and he listened to everything Tiger had to say.
    LEPG64E.png
    @Becka28 Rogue's hair is from Batuu. The game picked it when she aged up and I decided it was appropriate given her heritage. Harper is a frustrating sim because due to her father's genes from some angles and with some expressions she can look really awkward and then from other angles with other expressions she's one of the prettiest teens I've had in this save. But I guess that's probably a pretty good approximation of puberty, and it's really only frustrating when I'm trying to photograph the pretty side. I love that whole family personality-wise.
    Tiger continues to be adorable after aging up! I love Slate, and I can see why Mirabelle is hard to like with how she's treating her husband and father. I didn't realize non-committal affected non-romantic relationships. I'm a little worried about Esau now.
  • KeidraKeidra Posts: 460 Member
    Okay mentionnnns really quick bc I have a backlog of them (sorry! I'm trying to get through this experiment really fast and it's going way slower than I'd like and aaahhh drowning in mentions).

@sarabeth2984
    I KNOW RIGHT!? I paused it in the middle of the proposal to just "AAAHHHHHHHH" at my screen xD
    I also am quite fond of Logan c: She came out way better than I expected her to honestly.

@Daephene
    Believe it or not, Nathalie wasn't that pretty until I got to her with makeup xD She and Ari just had a baby boy (Ragnar, not related to Ragnarok), and I'm really interested to see what he turns out like. Ari is basically a clone of Orlando, but at least Orlando's a looker. I keep catching Ari jogging down the street and be like "Orlando? No wait he's grey now-"
    Part of the new GP coming out, the camera controls will be expanded on, so you can take photos of something across the house without moving your Sim, apparently this was momentarily touched on in the livestream but it's the thing I'm most excited about idk. Looks like it'll function more like tab mode. I'm so freakin excited. Like, I think that alone is reason enough for me to get the pack, but also the furniture and CAS stuff are also reasons. Honestly the new GP is not really my play style, I hate jobs that require interaction (would you believe me if I said I've owned GTW since it came out and have never actually gone to an active career? Lol) buuut the rest of this is screaming my name. I'll be interested to see if the camera updates are a career unlock or if it'll be global with the pack.

@Becka28
    Yeah, he's definitely cute. (Freakin devil child though.)
    I love family portraits so much I don't forget.
    ALSO, I have a wall in the entryway of the legacy house coated in direct-line portraits, so we've got the heirs and their spouses on one row and then the spare children on the bottom row, and I'm OCD so it reminds me every so often 'this isn't done, do it'. lol But that's great because at least the one set of portraits never gets neglected. And I have a separate save just for photos (they still work, it just removes the taken by line). The extended family portraits happened because Stella died and I was like and then we're going to have even more deaths and I wanted to put the urns somewhere special and then was like and now I want portraits so we know who is who... so, that happened.
    Poses tho. Best way to get photos. Platforms also levelled (haha) the playing field with taking photos because if you raise the photographer one or two, you'll align perfectly. Also useful for boosting up toddlers to get on eye-level with them.

Also I got the effect player and have been enjoying the fireplace creation freedom. You know minus someone lighting the darn thing in summer and overheating someone.
    And hopefully this weird twist in the Eisensterns doesn't throw anyone off too bad xD
    白雪夏夜我不停歇
    我并不感到困扰

I am kind to everyone. But if you are unkind to me, kindness is not what you will remember me for.
    I am autistic. Wording isn't my strong suit.

Stop player on player violence.
    @Daephene I appreciate any advice from anyone. The more opinions and insights the better.

@Becka28 I might make Alden, Erik, and Leon 3 of the 8 townie mermen in my main save that I'll save. This first generation is turning out fairly good looking.

I did create some human Townie families that I moved into Sulani. I'll be aging them into retirement after playing them.

Yeah, the date with Kalamainu'u ended poorly, but I think it ended so badly because of all the townies that tried to interrupt the date. I really really hate that tendency to try and interrupt dating couples. Like, townies don't have boundaries.
    edited May 2021
    "Alright, I've just about had enough of you, Lena."
    SQLdhbZ.png
    "CHOW TIME!"
    N0wsxad.png
    "For a high strung-never-happy-debby-downer-buzz-killer-extraordinare, you sure have some sweeeeeeeeeeeeet plasma. Sweet Dreams."
    RXPjTJW.png
    Tanvi and Miranda having telepathic conversation.
    ("Mommy, do I tell him that I now walk the halls which bare the cowl of the night..?")
    ("I think now might be best, lest you wait til later, and in anger he uproots you from his flower bed just so.")
    UBse9jJ.png

Other stuff.. Got her singing to level 5. Stanley has moved in.

Side note: Pleased with how she turned out after aging up. I didn't have to make any changes aside from making her outfits.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top