Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

May Patch out now!

Comments

• bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    CelSims wrote: »
    bixters wrote: »
    I'm happy with the patch. Likes/ Dislikes sound really cool, and I love that you can have up to 20 of them!

However, I do wish npcs and townies could have Likes/Dislikes. I have no desire to go into every household that I don't play, give them likes/ dislikes, and then move on to the next household. Maybe if there was a way to generate Likes/ Dislikes for the whole neighborhood?

I think it would add more depth to interactions with other sims if everyone had Likes/ Dislikes, then they could talk about their different hobbies together. I'm just not interesting in manually going into each household and giving them Likes/ Dislikes....

Unless I misunderstand what they said, I'm still a bit confused about it.

When I was playing around earlier in a vanilla save with no mods enabled, my sim asked Lilith some questions and found she dislikes the colour black and kids music. So they are being generated. They may not make sense though!

Good to know! I wonder if the game auto-generates them in every new save, or if they randomly generate when your sims asks about their likes/ dislikes?
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    Zimz4 wrote: »
    I find it funny though that everyone's talking all about the likes and dislikes, and the new hair colors, but no one has commented yet on the additional features for bunk beds that came with this update :D (like, bunk beds were so last March)

:V In typical sim fashion, once we get what we want it's time to move onto wanting something else.

I mean, I could kinda put certain things under it long as I didn't block the foot print with the bunk beds. Least now I don't have to worry about it.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    Good to know! I wonder if the game auto-generates them in every new save, or if they randomly generate when your sims asks about their likes/ dislikes?

I played around with it, and it seems when you introduce your sim to another, the game automatically generates a like or dislike in every category. If you haven't met them yet, they will have no likes/dislikes unless you add them.
  • Zimz4Zimz4 Posts: 354 Member
    I just had a pop-up asking me if I wanted to add a preference for a sim that wasn't part of the household I was playing, wasn't on the lot I was on and wasn't interacting with the one sim in that household I was playing. Seemed a little random.
    I'm happy with the patch. Likes/ Dislikes sound really cool, and I love that you can have up to 20 of them!

However, I do wish npcs and townies could have Likes/Dislikes. I have no desire to go into every household that I don't play, give them likes/ dislikes, and then move on to the next household. Maybe if there was a way to generate Likes/ Dislikes for the whole neighborhood?

I think it would add more depth to interactions with other sims if everyone had Likes/ Dislikes, then they could talk about their different hobbies together. I'm just not interesting in manually going into each household and giving them Likes/ Dislikes....

Unless I misunderstand what they said, I'm still a bit confused about it.

When I was playing around earlier in a vanilla save with no mods enabled, my sim asked Lilith some questions and found she dislikes the colour black and kids music. So they are being generated. They may not make sense though!

Maybe these likes & dislikes are programmed to randomly get generated for a non played sim if your active sim inquires about them?

I played around with it, and it seems when you introduce your sim to another, the game automatically generates a like or dislike in every category. If you haven't met them yet, they will have no likes/dislikes unless you add them.

Ah, sorry, hadn't seen this thread had generated another page so I missed your comment. It makes sense though, considering the upcoming new decorator profession where you're required to ask about a sim's preferences.
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    I'm basically happy with the patch, although I hope they'll add some more activities. I don't understand why they included skills from some packs and not others.

Anyway, it's great that vacuuming gives my Sims only a fine moodlet instead of a half-dozen inspired ones.

One thing I've discovered -- on the map screen, if you pull up a household, click on a Sim, and then click on the Likes/Dislikes button, you can find out their likes and dislikes.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    MVWdeZT wrote: »
    I'm basically happy with the patch, although I hope they'll add some more activities. I don't understand why they included skills from some packs and not others.

Anyway, it's great that vacuuming gives my Sims only a fine moodlet instead of a half-dozen inspired ones.

One thing I've discovered -- on the map screen, if you pull up a household, click on a Sim, and then click on the Likes/Dislikes button, you can find out their likes and dislikes.

Speaking of, vacuuming/cleaning should be a like or dislike too!

I'm very happy at the moment because my beloved Joaquin went and got a plate of mac and cheese from the cauldron autonomously. With the food bug fixed I can play again \o/
  • aelias24aelias24 Posts: 220 Member
    What's up with the babies' matching skintones?
    Real Life Is Never As Interesting As the SimswIiJK39.jpg
  • Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,420 Member
    Zimz4 wrote: »
    I just had a pop-up asking me if I wanted to add a preference for a sim that wasn't part of the household I was playing, wasn't on the lot I was on and wasn't interacting with the one sim in that household I was playing. Seemed a little random.

This happened to me. I had been playing the Pancakes. Switched to the Landgraabs. Then switched to the Bergsens. I got a popup about Eliza Pancake not enjoying getting sweaty and did I want to add that she disliked fitness. I did like that it gave me the option. But it was a little odd getting that notice when Eliza was no where near.
  • iliekponieziliekponiez Posts: 454 Member
    @Monet11 I wonder if it happens for played sims. I had it happen to a sim I played and then moved out. Has anyone had it happened with an unplayed sim?
  • Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,420 Member

@iliekponiez It would make sense if it happens just for the sims that you have played.

I'm getting popups asking if I want to add a like or dislike to random npc townies in Forgotten Hollow that I have never played. Didn't even create them, they're game generated.
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,018 Member
    edited May 2021
    I'm getting popups asking if I want to add a like or dislike to random npc townies in Forgotten Hollow that I have never played. Didn't even create them, they're game generated.
    Perhaps all Sims have to have likes/dislikes even unplayed.
    It might be that’s how the system needs to work, all Sims need to be involved? 🤔

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    It might be that’s how the system needs to work, all Sims need to be involved? 🤔

It’s probably a bug like how unplayed sims could/can(? I disabled the interaction with mccc) register as self employed which created annoying popups.

Probably, but why is it asking me about none played sims? Just assign them automatically! It's going to get annoying fast if it keeps happening. I don't care if Pearshaped McFashionista likes the jogging they just did or not lol
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Love the new blond & brown hair colors. I gave lots of my sims the dislike video gaming; I'm hoping they won't ever want to play with their phones.
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,018 Member
    edited May 2021

Probably, but why is it asking me about none played sims? Just assign them automatically! It's going to get annoying fast if it keeps happening. I don't care if Pearshaped McFashionista likes the jogging they just did or not lol
    I know when they make changes it’s universal and it might need to be adjusted. I’d rather only my played Sims had likes/dislikes.

Please can I use the name Pearshaped McFashionista 🥺?. I love it! 😂.
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • LaraNocturnalLaraNocturnal Posts: 74 Member
    Pearshaped McFashionista, lol
  • FraTacFraTac Posts: 854 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Love the new blond & brown hair colors. I gave lots of my sims the dislike video gaming; I'm hoping they won't ever want to play with their phones.

I did this with dancing. Every time I put a radio in the house my sims instantly get addicted to dancing and will do that for hours every day, it's so annoying.
    xWGF2yb.png
    Simmin' since 2000
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    @Amapola76 I like your ideas for assigning dislikes. Think I'll do it that way also.
    Me too, great idea @Amapola76

For likes, I'm not sure how to choose music.

Activity likes are easy enough, colours can be chosen from maybe current outfits or bedrooms etc, but how to decide about music?

I'm out of town and won't get my hands on the patch quite yet, but I think some music is fine for setting a sim's social level, style, horizons etc, sort of. I have some nobility, and I think some of them will like barok or classical simply because they were raised into that kind of "finer" culture elements. Not sayong that all who are forced to listen to violin concerts as a child will automatically like violin music, but it's a way to think. I will choose likes/dislikes just as much to form their preferred surroundings as to develop their character. It all blends anyway. A rebellian teen might like rock not necessarily for the taste iin music, but also could be for upsetting parents, especeially if they dislike rock music ;)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • grassharpgrassharp Posts: 70 Member
    DocPrivas wrote: »

I did this with dancing. Every time I put a radio in the house my sims instantly get addicted to dancing and will do that for hours every day, it's so annoying.

I will say that--so far, it does seem to have prevented the never-ending phone gaming (video games), toilet destroying (mischief), and dancing. If this is all that this function manages to do, I'm still happy with it.

I know when they make changes it’s universal and it might need to be adjusted. I’d rather only my played Sims had likes/dislikes.

Please can I use the name Pearshaped McFashionista 🥺?. I love it! 😂.

Lol go ahead and make sure you show us the beauty that is deserving of that name :D
    grassharp wrote: »
    DocPrivas wrote: »

I will say that--so far, it does seem to have prevented the never-ending phone gaming (video games), toilet destroying (mischief), and dancing. If this is all that this function manages to do, I'm still happy with it.

Yup, gave every sim I've logged in so far a dislike for video gaming. Most have been given hates dancing too. Working a treat so far.
  • simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Bit late to the party, I only just updated and had a quick peek to see new features and have a question.
    Just wondering if any of the current sofas work with the new auto sofa feature? I have tried a few and not sure if I am doing it right. I assume it works like the counters in that when you click a certain one you see the different options. I so far have not see any. I know there are modular sofas coming with the pack but I assumed some current ones would work as they added the feature to base game.
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder