Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The McFluff Story

2...Next

Comments

• lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,013 Member
    edited January 2020
    @Karritz RE: McFluff Episode 6. Blossom Flower--evil fairy in the military! LOL ...Gene looks like a cool sim. I like his traits too. ...And Bunnie is lovely! ...Valmae is a great name. Unusual. ...I remember Annabel. Her pretty face design. ...Bess is a cutie! ...OMG! Blossom Flower started a fight! And Gene won. HA! ...I find that musicians tend to play their instruments way more than I like! Annoying to me. ...That evil fairy is running around pranking everyone with her tricks! ...I love to see the witch's broom with trainer wheels on it! So fun. ...Good luck with the badge work. ...My sims made good money consigning things as well. ...I like the Fresco market. It's pretty versatile for a community lot. ...Congrats on the new little plantsim baby boy! ...One of your babies is in a blanket; the other has legs. Do you have a mod that allows for variety? ...Another fun video!
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,920 Member
    @Lanlyn this reply is a bit late. Thank you for your comments. I enjoy them as usual. I did a bad thing with the baby skins. I had just started using custom skins and I seem to have put a few of them into my mods folder. Later on I realised they were all default skins. Or at least I think they are, so I wondered why I didn't seem to be having problems with them. Later on I thought that's probably why I get a lucky dip when it comes to the look each of the babies ends up with. So I left them alone.
    @Karritz Hi there! Thanks for the reply. Glad that a potential issue turned out to work to your advantage! ๐Ÿ‘

As for me, I backed off from playing sims for a while (played Skyrim instead), but I recently got curious and started playing Sims 4. I've been enjoying myself and have posted a few updates and comments on the S4 forums.

Not sure if I'll get back to Sims 3 or not. I started feeling a little overwhelmed with S3 game play. I think I might have made my saves too complex. :s I miss it sometimes, but right now I'm just playing straightforward S4 families. Still exploring basic game play, new packs and kits.

I'm trying to remember, did you ever get into Sims 4 at all, or are you still loyal to S3? :)
    edited May 2021
    lanlyn wrote: ยป
    @Karritz Hi there! Thanks for the reply. Glad that a potential issue turned out to work to your advantage! ๐Ÿ‘

As for me, I backed off from playing sims for a while (played Skyrim instead), but I recently got curious and started playing Sims 4. I've been enjoying myself and have posted a few updates and comments on the S4 forums.

Not sure if I'll get back to Sims 3 or not. I started feeling a little overwhelmed with S3 game play. I think I might have made my saves too complex. :s I miss it sometimes, but right now I'm just playing straightforward S4 families. Still exploring basic game play, new packs and kits.

I'm trying to remember, did you ever get into Sims 4 at all, or are you still loyal to S3? :)

Hi @lanlyn I often remember our chats when you were playing Sims 3. It's nice to know you've been happily doing other things.

I do have Sims 4 base game. I stopped loading it up when I found I always spent the load time waiting to shut it down and then shut it down as soon as it loaded. Something about that game just isn't me.

When I got this new computer back in 2017 I didn't put Origin on it so I no longer have access to Sims 4 or Sim City or all the other games I have connected to Origin. I thought I'd still play them on my laptop but I haven't turned it on since I started using this new computer.

My Sims 3 games are extraordinarily complicated and I seem to thrive on the complications. When the household gets too big and I can't cope with it I split it up and play rotationally. If I want to have complete control over them all I move the split off households to different worlds and play the smaller households that way. Using NRAAS Traveller mod I have it set up so the Sims left behind don't age or progress until I return to play them.

I am mostly enjoying making YouTube videos now. I rarely play just for the purpose of playing. I did start a new unrelated game a week or so ago but I probably won't do much with it.

I'm currently trying to get my 30 Grandchildren Badge Attempt series completed before I move on to another series of videos. I've got several stories sitting there waiting for me to get back to them.

My focus is gradually shifting back to my art. I'm attempting to conquer transparent watercolours at the moment. I have a second YT channel that focuses on my art. I also make short vlogs occasionally about places near where I live or places I visit around Australia. I don't have many videos up on it yet. That's why I'm trying to complete some of my video stories here. I don't plan to start any new series but do hope to get the ones I've already started to a point where they are finished.

I think this McFluff story will go on for quite a while as I initially planned for it to go for 5 generations, counting Old Gertie as generation 0 so that would mean 6 generations in all.

I hope I do still see you around occasionally. It's good to know you are still enjoying you game whatever it may be.

Happy Simming
    edited May 2021
    @Karritz I much prefer to play games on my desktop rather than a laptop. Bigger monitor, faster processor, etc. I should try to get my Sims 3 stories to places of closure, but I need to work up to resolve to do so! ... I remember that you are really good at managing complex games. I'll try to check out your latest McFluff videos. I remember that household. And I'll look for your other channel too. :)
    @lanlyn I prefer the PC to the laptop too but I mostly play Sims 3 and didn't want to have to battle with linking Origin to Sims 3 as it plays so well without Origin and I've read so many sad stories about people trying to play with it linked to Origin. Although my laptop is a gaming laptop I had built for me so it has a good processor and I think it has a 17" screen so the screen isn't too bad. The keyboard is broken though so I have to use another keyboard via USB.

I haven't made any new McFluff videos for ages. I'm working on the next 30 Grandchildren video today. I want to get that series finished so I can move back to some of the videos that will be ongoing for a long time. Such as McFluff, Oscar's Teen Years, Caroline and Friends at University (they are working on getting about 40 badges I still don't have from University Life plus a few other random badges). The Caroline and Friends game now has about 8 sims in the household and they are all sorts of different types of sims and personalities. There is an autonomous romance blossoming between a human and a plant sim. I'm not sure how that's going to end up. I saw it starting to happen so decided to go with it.

I completed the Isla Paradiso Bunch playlist 2 which has them doing all of the tombs in all three World Adventure Worlds. I have put them away for now. I will probably add them to the Big Game so anyone who watched that series and also watches McFluff story or Oscar's on going stories will see them around one or more of the worlds occasionally. I might continue with a Playlist 3 eventually. I've broken up the household and am moving each little family unit to a different world. I've got some of the toddlers aged up to teen or child now but have put them away for the time being.

@Karritz Yes, I checked out your videos to see what you've been doing and noticed the 30 Grandchildren you're working on. You're trying to get all the Sims 3 badges, right? I have several badges, but never got very far. I don't visit the Sims 3 site too often, but I went there today to see your list of badges and put in a friend's request. Not sure if you ever use that site or not.
    @lanlyn I managed it. It took a while but I finally got it to work. So we are now friends on Sims 3. Thanks for the request.

I am working towards badges for some of the video stories.

I started doing badges a few years ago when I lost interest in the game and discovered attempting to complete the badge challenges opened up new areas of the game that I'd never thought of. There are quite a few badges I'll probably never attempt to do but I have plenty of incomplete badges that could be fun to have a go at. Not all are able to be done beyond patch 1.55 but I think I did them when I was installing the games on this new PC. So I got those badges that I was aware of breaking after that patch. I'm not about to uninstall things and reinstall to go for any broken badges I missed though.

Thanks for the subscribe on my channel. I am gradually getting myself set up. I've got some video recorded on my phone that I should add to it. One is flying over the Great Barrier Reef last year. I recorded bits of it from the plane window. I always like looking down at the coral from up there. It gives a unique perspective.

I think I enjoy making the Sims 3 videos as it gives me a chance to do a bit of story telling. But I'm finding I'm only managing to do about 1 video a fortnight at the moment. It does take me about a week to make a video and I don't seem to be able to keep working at it solidly every day now. I'd love to be doing a video each week but it just isn't happening.

I better get to work on my video next now. I spent a few hours on it yesterday and have about 6 minutes of a 30 minute video edited and narrated so only about 24 minutes to go. Some days I do about 10 minutes but I got a bit creative with this one yesterday so it should be fun to watch. I hope so anyway.

Happy Simming
    @Karritz Your badges sound like what I do with reading. I have several types of reading challenges going. They help spark my reading interest and also expand genre selection--prompts me to go beyond my comfort zone. For example, I'm doing an "Around the World in 80 Books" challenge, reading books set in different countries. I've now read books set in 67 unique countries and several set in dependent territories.

I imagine videos are complicated to create. I've never tried, but I enjoy watching them. Kind of like movies with friends. :smile:
    @lanlyn it sounds like you have a plan with your reading. I used to read constantly then I went to uni and had to read boring stuff on finance and economics for years. I learned a lot but it stopped me from reading. I still do read occasionally but have difficulty sticking to it. I tend to have better luck if reading something historical - especially if it's ancient history. Really ancient history such as being set during a stone age or something like that. I studied some history at Uni too so can be interested for a while in something to do with renaissance art (including architecture) or art from later eras.

Each of my Sims 3 videos takes ages to make. I have to play the game. Try to identify a fun story line. Edit the video. Often needing to get 3 or more hours of recorded video down to about 30 minutes without leaving anything important or fun out of it. Then I need to narrate and cut big gaps out of the narration as I don't take the time to write any sort of a script. I just make it up as I go along. Sometimes I forget a name or have no clue what's going on in the video and have to do a bit of editing to fix the errors. But for some reason I have fun doing it. It now takes me about 2 weeks to make an episode. I'm wondering how much longer I'll want to keep it up though. That's one reason I'm sticking to this one series at the moment. The 30 grandchildren badge challenge will succeed or not. It has a definite ending point so if I can get it finished I can then go back to some of the others that are less well defined as to when they might be over. I'll probably add all of the characters from Cake Island and possibly most from The Great Southern Land to my Big Game in the end. That'll give Oscar and his friends a few more worlds to visit in their travels.

The McFluff story does have a objective in mind. But I don't know how long it'll take me to get it to that point. I might try to start hurrying it along a bit to give it a chance to end at the ending rather than just fade away into a distant memory.

I don't believe I'll get all of the University Life medals with Caroline and friends, but there are a few really fun developments happening there at the moment and I want to find out what happens next with them.

I did complete the Isla Paradiso Bunch playlist 2 but some people are keen to see the toddlers age up to young adults and that would mean I need to start a new playlist with them.

The Perfect Genetics Challenge has a few keen followers too and it is at the point where the second generation is about to start. When I go back to it little Cindy will get married and start her family. She aged up to Young Adult in the last episode I made of that series. That means there is only 9 generations to go. I have learned a few things along the way and the number episodes in each generation will probably be a lot less than there were for the first generation.
    @Karritz I enjoyed reading your household summaries and plans. Sim stories could go on forever, couldn't they? Generation after generation. I think that's why I never found a good "stopping point" for the families I played. I suppose I could just kill them all with a meteor attack, but I would never do something like that! :'( I prefer endings where they All Live Happily Ever After. Just leave the finale open--with the possibility of a sequel. :D
    This is likely to be the next video series I continue once I have completed Generation 2 of the Perfect Genetics Challenge. That generation is getting close to completion.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top