Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 5: Story and Narrative Features Planned?

13...Next

Comments

• OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Very sad indeed! Innovation should always mean more than mere transactions. Bold, immersive gaming would set this apart from the herd, get attention, and ultimately increase sales. A 'You've played the rest, now try the best' kind of thing. If they do stories again, like Strangerville, they need to be properly thought out before coding. Some examples of missing it: Why do the agents appear only once when you first move in? They should be a presence, especially once you start snooping. A secret lab they want you to stay out of with no security to evade in some way? No trace in the lab of the reported explosion? The elements themselves should take you through the layers, not a check list from the 'aspiration'.
  • Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    The die hard Sims 2 and Sims 3 population is getting older and I think EA might be looking to change up things in order to stay relevant. Maybe even hoping to draw in some of the MMO crowd.

How old do you think the MMO crowd is?? :lol:

If EA wanted to hook in the younger generation in more, they'd create a game just like TS3. Open-ended simulation gameplay, a full open-world, complete customization, RPG inspired features, lots of skill gameplay, and actual fun themes to play with instead of a $40 pack to clean a dump.

Throw in things like crime, actual danger for our Sims, and more challenging/risky gameplay, and that's how they'd do it.

All of that coupled with TS2-like attention to detail and a true focus on actually improving the life sim genre and I'd think EA would have a great successor.

I am 61 years old and I would be totally down for the type of game play you mentioned. Actual danger and crime? Bring it on!! Plus TS 2 attention to detail? Yes, please!!