Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Aspiration Challenge :)

Comments

• Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    @Llandros2012 do you have the robo vacuum in your house. I have one on each floor and although I have not been able to upgrade them yet they are keeping my floors clean, with your instant upgrade you now have you can upgrade them so they can clean every three hours and have to be empties less. They do get stuck the first time you use them, but its easily solved. Just wait until they are stuck then travel with your sim and come back then click on them and say return to dock and wolla they will work from then on ;) They truly work, have not had any dust yet
  • Options
    permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    edited May 2021
    I do my aspirations a lot more slowly than you guys which is why I'm posting progress as I go instead of just the final screenshot. Here was my progress today :)

I figured out that encouraging recent behaviors counts as disciplining kids, so Jules encouraged Ruby to do her homework :)
    ObzEgz9.png

And Ruby finished the second stage of the Social Butterfly aspiration by becoming BFFs with her friend, Kristine.
    TK3zuRt.png
    pMqdCIF.jpg
  • Options
    @permanentrose awesome screenies, and so good how you found out encouragement counts towards dicipline, I will remember that one for the future, great tip thank you :)
  • Options
    Llandros2012Llandros2012 Posts: 620 Member
    Aspiration 44 - Friend of the Animals - HATED this aspiration! I love pets and don't mind playing them in moderation but this aspiration was just WAY too over the top and time-consuming. It's definitely one that I won't do again anytime soon. I really think that some of the requirements are just too much but it's over - now time to relocate all the animals so that I don't spend all my time on dealing with them.

83UEJEA.png

If I had to pick one aspiration that I would be least likely to choose it would be this one - but I do love the animals just not the grind that this one requires. Oh well, rant over - time to move on...literally!
  • Options
    Aspiration 45 - Mansion Baron - Should have waited to post - this one was pretty quick. Had to buy a bunch of $12,000 campground mascots to get the total over 350K but nothing difficult here. Somehow, I lost the 15 pieces of art work along the way that I was holding for this one so I had to paint about 9 new pieces but still an easy one to knock out!

UkZw940.png
  • Options
    @Llandros2012 I agree with you 100 percent about the animal aspiration. I moved all the pets into a house with another sim. Its ridiculous how many you need to successfully do all the actions. With the mansion one I had it to early in my previous order so did not require a huge mansion by then. So I ended up building a standalone wall for all the stupid amount of windows and pillars and things. I left it for a bit later this time to see if I can build an actual house requiring those things for real this time round. So I have it just before I start my family life and marriage for my sim. Oooh only 7 to go :);) Happy simming <3
  • Options
    bronte124bronte124 Posts: 2 New Member
    I have started this challenge, its really fun, thanks for posting about it. So far I have finished the serial romance and the two mischief ones, which I am really glad to get out of the way as I dont really like the game play they evoke. The witness death part is really hard! I ended up having to teach my vegetarian to cook pufferfish, which meant she had to eat one, which she hated. I just need to get one more promotion in the criminal career to finish it. Then I can move on to the vampire ones. (I am using the revised order). I have been doing a couple of degree's (communications and culinary) while I do those aspirations and perfecting some plants to plan for the eco and chef aspirations in the future. I am thinking of doing the outdoors ones sooner than it is in the list so that I dont have any need to sleep after that and can get the neverweary trait. I love getting rid of needs too, it means more time on other stuff, I hate when you run late for work or something because eating or peeing disrupts your sim from leaving on time.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    @bronte124 That is AweSim, you should post some pics here we would love to see your gameplay. I am having to restart my revised order because of that silly never weary trait, I was busy with the beach life one and my sim could not doze of while relaxing. But its all good, because I wanted to restart a new sim and play a normal sim a bit, it was not much of a challenge with the spellcaster, this way I can take my time and not rush it too. Can't wait to hear how the rest of your adventures go :)
  • Options
    Aspiration 46 - Eco Innovator - Not hard to complete but just lengthy due to waiting to get to level 10 in the career - kind of senseless but Nathan earns a promotion after every shift.

v7Kxg1L.png

Aspiration 47 - Master Maker - Definitely good to do this second. It went pretty fast and I am glad - now on to the final five!

uFSugMl.png
  • Options
    Yay way to go @Llandros2012. Mine crashed and burned because of the never weary reward hahahaha. But its all goods cause I wanted to restart it with a normal sim and on the sideline I am going to try my own version of aging off 100 baby challenge. I will hop between the two, so if tired of one will do the other one :D
  • Options
    So Jules started the serial romantic aspiration back when she was at uni, since it made sense for her to kiss a lot of people at that point in her life. I also made a lot of those people her boyfriends/girlfriends just to get that part of the aspiration done. She still had the "earn gold on three dates" part left, so I decided to finally start tackling those since she has a boyfriend now. One down, two to go. This photo of them dancing on their date made me laugh :D

gJ9KE9p.jpg
  • Options
    @mcrudd yeah, been burned by that reward a couple of times! I try to make sure to remember to do Outdoor Retreat and Island Living before that reward since they both involve sleep as a requirement!

Aspiration 48 - Strangerville Mystery - I enjoyed this one more than I remembered but it was too easy since Nathan is pretty much over-powered with skills and traits at this point! The last few of these are going to be time consuming but I've been holding off until the end. Now to decide on the best route to take to complete them!

cTBOllC.png
  • Options
    @permanentrose Jules looks so pretty there, and her boyfriend's smirk says he is enjoying his date LOL
    @Llandros2012 I also enjoyed the Strangerville aspiration more than the first time I played the game. You are just about done now, gosh that is so good :)
  • Options
    There were some unexpected side effects from the ordeal in Strangerville - and now we wait for the newest addition to arrive.

uCBwn0S.png

I've been trying to play with just one sim so I needed Nathan to be a single dad - I was going to adopt or try for an alien baby but decided to just give him the ability to get pregnant. I couldn't see any way to make these three family aspirations go quicker since I'm not switching between them - but I think I will age the child up when they achieve all the things that they can.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Awe..., did the poor dude accidently get abducted by Alien Nymphs? :D
  • Options
    There were some unexpected side effects from the ordeal in Strangerville - and now we wait for the newest addition to arrive.

I've been trying to play with just one sim so I needed Nathan to be a single dad - I was going to adopt or try for an alien baby but decided to just give him the ability to get pregnant. I couldn't see any way to make these three family aspirations go quicker since I'm not switching between them - but I think I will age the child up when they achieve all the things that they can.

Oh my goodness :o For a moment I thought he was abducted by aliens. What a clever way to go about the last family aspirations though. Much easier if you want him to remain single ;)

• Options
    bronte124bronte124 Posts: 2 New Member
    Goodness that last pic with him pregnant caught me by surprise! :lol:
  • Options
    Yeah, I wanted him single and the only one making money in the family until he has to have someone else - I'm thinking that I will have to have a minimum of 3 kids to satisfy the requirements.

Here's our first - Delaney!

wuDaiph.png

She's not too thrilled with the thunderstorm going on outside!

gaLYzJd.png
  • Options
    bronte124 wrote: »
    Goodness that last pic with him pregnant caught me by surprise! :lol:

It caught us all LOL. How is your aspirations going @bronte124 :)

@Llandros2012 Delaney is the sweetest little angel, love her just by looking at her <3
  • Options
    DarkLady2788DarkLady2788 Posts: 345 Member
    @mcrudd How did you gift 3 knits to your sims friends I’m stuck on gifting 3 knits got two to go but struggling with the 3rd any help would be much appreciated 😊
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    @DarkLady2788 Hi, saw your comment. I did that aspiration too. Are you struggling with having your sim successfully gift the items, since sometimes the recipient doesn't like it? I just had to try several times with different people and eventually three of them were successful. I think it might help if the item you knit is higher quality too (not sure about that though, it might not have any effect)

---
    I'm aspiration hopping with Ruby a bit. Jumping between Social Butterfly and Whiz Kid.

4UBbOnM.png

Does anyone else enjoy aspiration hopping, or do you prefer just to get one all the way done before tackling the next? I guess it depends on how you're playing. Since I'm doing the aspiration challenge as part of a bigger year long challenge, it makes sense for me to jump around a bit since I'm playing slowly and telling a story. Just curious what other players like doing in regard to aspiration hopping - I like that the progress saves even if you do hop around!

@mcrudd A suggestion for your chart that I thought of since I'm starting with a kid instead of teen/YA - you could always all the 4 kid aspirations to the top of your chart. Then if people want to really do all aspirations, they can start with the kid ones too as a way to make this challenge even a bit more challenging!

• Options
    @permanentrose I have done that now lol! Know I’m struggling with legendary knittables 😂 think this is the final bit to this aspiration
  • Options
    @DarkLady2788 the knitting aspiration is tedious - it took me a few months to do since I kept coming back to it. The legendary knits just take a lot of time. I think being in an inspired mood when knitting can help the quality of the knitted items. There the creative visionary reward trait that helps with masterpieces and best sellers for painting and writing, not sure if it helps with knitting quality though
  • Options
    @permanentrose might just change my aspiration to the drama one again coz all I need is an award 😂 thanks for your help 😢
  • Options
    @permanentrose sorry was supposed to be 😊 not 😢 just getting over having vertigo so still a little fuzzy with typing

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top