Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A different 100 baby challenge

mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
So after doing my no aging on aspiration challenge I was thinking of doing something similar with a 100 baby challenge. It will take longer, might be easier but will still be a nice less frustrating challenge to do. I was thinking of something along these lines.

Start with a young adult female sim.
Her aspiration is Big happy family
Her traits are family orientated, creative and cheerful
No money cheats and aging off.

Baby can be aged up after a week since birth, so if born on Monday age up next Monday (click on crib)

Infants can be aged up once they complete the milestones in the screenshot below. (birthday cake help blow out candles)
s7oJkTv.png

Toddlers only get aged up once they completed all 5 skills. (birthday cake help blow out candles)

Kids can get aged up once they are A students and have completed their aspiration. (birthday cake blow out candles)

Teens can be aged up once they are A students and have completed their aspiration. (birthday cake blow out candles) A teen does not have to complete an aspiration if it requires them to become an adult midway through. As soon as they have to become an adult then they must move out.

Once teens are aged up they leave the home and live wherever.

No mods allowed.
No aspiration rewards
No cheats except for resetsim if something goes wrong.
No cc that helps, eg ridiculously cheap energy 10 beds and so on.
No service help allowed.

To make this interesting I will say that the first young adult/adult male sim your sim sees when you sent her to travel or that comes past her house must be the baby daddy. Even if he has been before that is ok, just so that you can't be picky and only pick one type of sim LOL

So basically its Aging off and only one sim that will have 100 babies ;)

What do you guys think about it? I will post my adventures here and if you give it a go then post some pics too <3 Happy simming all :)

Remember my rules are just guidelines, feel free to chop and change them as you please, your challenge should be fun <3

Post edited by mcrudd on

Comments

• mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    Introducing my sim to you all.

lqGVwiC.png
    2bxcTo5.png

I just finished her in CAS, she is a brand new sim with no skills. I am hopping into the game now to buy her a house and furnish it ;)
    edited May 2021
    Here is the house. Its super basic cause of no money cheating. I used all the cheapest things available so its pretty bland. It will just make it more special when it starts looking better as I go on. I did not buy a crib because one gets given to you. As I go on with the challenge I will build bigger and get more stuff. My sim will make money from gardening and painting. I also strategically placed her house near a fishing spot as well ;)

4ap0dwV.png
    KJrtv3g.png

Also adding this. I used these traits below for her house, her paintings are worth more and painting skill builds quicker and her plants will be easier to care for ;)

ORPgnso.png
    Post edited by mcrudd on
    So the first male that was not a teen or elder that went passed the house was Knox Greenberg. I used my strategy from the serial romantic aspiration. So did a few friendly interactions and then a romantic embrace, after the embrace asked to go on a date at my sim's home. Bought two of the flirty emotion lamps and got flirting.

7o9Lv9Q.png

then try for baby, she is pregnant with baby nr 1 :)
    MVwGYAl.png

Another reason I did the date at home is because its easy to get a gold and then you get a very expensive reward you can sell for money ;)

WOyBG4A.png
    Just to show how those house traits do help with money ;)
    pcj1dTH.png
    My sim was busy painting when Kado Akiyama came knocking on her door, so she befriended him and decided that as soon as her baby is born she will invite him over for a "date" at her home ;)

psnSevr.png
    edited May 2021
    Kristine went into Labor on the day she bought her lottery ticket
    hO76nKk.png

Lets welcome Alyssa and Adrian :open_mouth: TWINS !!!!!!!
    NDztLux.png
    aeNEmu0.png

Gosh did not expect that. :D
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,410 Member
    The challenge sounds interesting. I also prefer challenges which are a bit less frustrating. I never do challenges with scoring or time pressure.

I think the way you will raise the kids is very similar to what I have in mind to start your previous challenge. My sim who will complete all aspirations will start born in game and complete all toddler skills and childhood aspirations before growing up. Are you also going for the character values from parenthood (if you have that pack) ? I plan to do that, but only for one sim. ;)
    I don't know if I could do all of this 100 times though. I am curious to see how it goes for you.

The twins are a nice surprise. :grin:
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    The challenge sounds interesting. I also prefer challenges which are a bit less frustrating. I never do challenges with scoring or time pressure.

I think the way you will raise the kids is very similar to what I have in mind to start your previous challenge. My sim who will complete all aspirations will start born in game and complete all toddler skills and childhood aspirations before growing up. Are you also going for the character values from parenthood (if you have that pack) ? I plan to do that, but only for one sim. ;)
    I don't know if I could do all of this 100 times though. I am curious to see how it goes for you.

The twins are a nice surprise. :grin:

I do have the Parenthood pack, but gosh that will be super hard work, I guess I will skip those LOL. Kristine is all ready battling a bit with needs and crying babies, and I just got her pregnant again with Kado Akiyama's child. So if I work it out she will have three babies unless I have more twins, lets not hope so. Mortimer Goth won the lottery. I did find it strange that her needs were all full when she went home after the birth, must have been some good hospital care or a bug that I love. Will try it again and see what happens. For now its pregnancy hormones and crying babies for a bit :D

4FCaTIj.png

I might get rid of the garden, because her painting skills and painting values is more than enough to cover money at the moment. Its more time away from the babies too. And I will gain money if I sell that building. Then I can start working on the aspiration and buying toddler beds and toys.
    edited May 2021
    Kristine is doing well. She has now mastered painting and is level 5 parenting. The babies are quite demanding, but she is managing, will see how it goes once she has the third one. She is now 40 minutes away from her third trimester. Alyssa and Adrian will be aged up on Thursday and then I will get more toddler stuff, money seems to be good. No issues there (touch wood)

Dri28xs.png
    Introducing baby girl (just one thank goodness) Belinda

5s86sQO.png
    1KJ5KP5.png
    W0y95qO.png
    Adrian and Alyssa are now toddlers. Belinda will age up Monday. Only teens and elders walking past the house LOL, She might have to go into town if no one comes past the house soon.

oBWYr9v.png
  • haneulhaneul Posts: 1,952 Member
    Kristine already has a handful of kids, but she looks like she's doing well! I like how you've adopted this challenge to work for you and how you've set up her home. I've done something similar with my legacy (the founder is immortal and aims to have 100 children), but I'm playing very very slowly with aging on and let the kids age up naturally. My sims started out with similarly humble beginnings to yours, but now they're incredibly rich to the extent where it seems like I've been cheating the whole time even though I haven't.
    haneul wrote: »
    Kristine already has a handful of kids, but she looks like she's doing well! I like how you've adopted this challenge to work for you and how you've set up her home. I've done something similar with my legacy (the founder is immortal and aims to have 100 children), but I'm playing very very slowly with aging on and let the kids age up naturally. My sims started out with similarly humble beginnings to yours, but now they're incredibly rich to the extent where it seems like I've been cheating the whole time even though I haven't.

I will one by one as I have everything I need start fancying the place up and adding colours, but for now its basics to keep the bills low while she sets up to have all these kids. I am also going to be extending the house today to add a bigger toddler room and child room. I know what you mean about the money , I was suprised how mine went up just with paintings, I sold one for 7000 simoleons as I saved my game, she is painting masterpaintings now. But I promise not one cheat was used LOL
    cytnl wrote: »
    This seems a lot more chill than the traditional challenge, at least. I've tried it a couple of times but I'm really not good with large families, so I tend to get too stressed once there are four human sims, especially with only one adult. Plus I absolutely hate randomized traits, because this always results in me getting the most horrible ones stacked together so that I hate the sim they're attached to.

Like, right now I am playing the spellcaster legacy challenge. I don't marry my sims to anyone because romance isn't my playstyle, so I always have a single parent. Then Ivy had triplets for the final generation. I swear I am more stressed than she is. *laughs*

Yeah I pick my traits, and I don't like timed stressed games, you are supposed to enjoy yourself and the challenge, if its stressing you up and giving you migraines its not worth it ;) Oh my gosh triplets, I would die hahahaha. Kristine will go for a quick travel to town to see who she meets next unless someone does walk past the house when I load my game again. I just had to quickly load it to make sure all of my items were still working after the update and I am good to go :D
  • haneulhaneul Posts: 1,952 Member
    mcrudd wrote: »

I will one by one as I have everything I need start fancying the place up and adding colours, but for now its basics to keep the bills low while she sets up to have all these kids. I am also going to be extending the house today to add a bigger toddler room and child room. I know what you mean about the money , I was suprised how mine went up just with paintings, I sold one for 7000 simoleons as I saved my game, she is painting masterpaintings now. But I promise not one cheat was used LOL

If you use Plopsy, you can get more than 20,000 for one painting (needs to be a masterpiece though). :D It is absurd, but helps when bills are more than 50,000 a week.

If you use Plopsy, you can get more than 20,000 for one painting (needs to be a masterpiece though). :D It is absurd, but helps when bills are more than 50,000 a week.

Oh my gosh, I am so using plopsy with her next masterpiece, she does so many of them now. I managed to put some colours in the nursery and toddler room when I did the extensions, the rest of the house will follow especially if the plopsy thing works, thanks for that ;)

5rgb26j.png

cnGHUzz.png
    So we had Travis Scott walk past the house, so he is the next daddy ;)
    S14Ej22.png

Everyone asleep except for little Belinda, but the house is quiet for now with baby number 4 on the way <3
    7R86Zcn.png

I wish I could keep on playing but I need to pick my daughter up from school soon and be a mom taxi LOL Will play as soon as I get back home again ;)
  • Mizzila1297Mizzila1297 Posts: 620 Member
    Whoa I'm gonna try this! That's a really clever idea. It's like the 100 baby challenge, but like... Relaxed? Less stressful (in some ways), and kind of a game for the long-haul!
    Whoa I'm gonna try this! That's a really clever idea. It's like the 100 baby challenge, but like... Relaxed? Less stressful (in some ways), and kind of a game for the long-haul!

Yip more relaxed, time not an issue, I think I am probably gonna end up with 7 toddlers for a while to get all the skills up and then the children and then the teens, so it will get even easier when they are more self efficient, a nice rest before she has to have more babies and toddlers again ;)
    cytnl wrote: »

I love playing challenges, but there are definitely some where I really need to tweak the rules to keep them from becoming just stress instead of fun for me. If you don't mind, I may modify this one a bit if I ever get up the nerve to try 100 baby again since I like a lot of what you have done with it, which would allow me to take my time.

The triplets are children now, at least! The real miracle is that I am playing on normal lifespan and still got all of them with their skills maxed out before their birthday. I like the toddler stage, but three at once was a biiiiit rough. Twins are so much easier, but this is the second time since I started playing the Sims (last year) that I've had triplets.

Also, I second the Plopsy suggestion. You sometimes have to wait longer for the money, but you get a lot more of it.

I ususally use challenges as a backbone and then make my own rules to make it enjoyable but still a challenge. Modify away, I believe each simmer can play their game as they wish, it makes it fun for you not for others ;) Well done on your triplets, yeah she paints a masterpiece almost everytime especially since she got the new like option pop up asking her if she likes it, so she puts one on plopsy everyday. Gonna be rich soon with a better furnished house LOL
    Yay finally finished all my mom chores and good wife chores so simming time :D
    Lots of pics update <3

The house is a bit messy but so far everyone is being cared for ;)
    KWoIypm.png

Belinda's last day of being a baby, she will age up on Monday
    rlb2CiG.png

Alyssa is not doing to bad, I am working on one specific skill first which is imagination to take away those nightmares.
    Ak8BLxV.png

Adrian is doing a bit better cause he is a very chatty toddler so his communication is more than his sisters
    xQ0Oesv.png

And the day before Belinda ages to toddler, Kristine has gone into labor, so we are off to the hospital, will let you know soon :)
    6sb88Ef.png
    Introducing little Caleb <3
    Baby number 4

6o4Krgg.png

YAmOC5e.png
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Now that actually sounds like a 100 baby challenge I would enjoy. I don't like playing the Sims like it is some type of chore that has to be done fast. I like to relax with it.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
    Scobre wrote: »
    Now that actually sounds like a 100 baby challenge I would enjoy. I don't like playing the Sims like it is some type of chore that has to be done fast. I like to relax with it.

Same, that is why I made my own rules :D It needs to be fun <3

Belinda is now a little toddler
    XUjuFm3.png

Another room with colour now, well deserved too its Kristine's
    SmQlfOJ.png

Her last night sleeping without a pregnant belly, tomorrow we will search for someone walking past her house again ;)
    Marcus flex will be the next daddy. She is pregnant I just forgot to take a pic sorry ;)
    q4vK69v.png
    edited May 2021
    These plopsy sold paintings are really bringing in good money. More colour in the house, the bathroom redone, and I realized more potty's were needed hahaha, two was not enough.
    lQvFyLH.png

The house at its current stage. Kristine is doing well, just need to go and change Caleb's diaper then all is good again ;)
    tDQNtn2.png