Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA should release the sims 2 ultimate collection to buy!

2...Next

Comments

• LogicallyironicLogicallyironic Posts: 137 Member
    I have been holding onto my disk copies DEARLY.

The Sims 2 is not NEARLY as buggy and glitch-ridden as the Sims 3, yet which one is on Origin? My copy of The Sims 3 for mac has a plethora of graphical issues that there aren't any known fixes for. Yes, the Sims 2 crashes. So does Sims 3, and Ik the Sims 4 does for many users too. And even though it's an old game, I think it's extremely valuable in terms of gameplay and content. I would be willing to pay a lot of money for the UC if need be, and I know others who feel the same; EA is missing out on a lot of money?

These facts alone make their excuse that they can't support the game complete nonsense.

• OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    I can't help but wonder if part of it is that if TS2 was readily available in a form that's compatible with new computers, a lot of people who have yet to experience it would see TS4 for the hash it really is. Which is better, a 1972 Chevy (or whatever) that run like fresh from the showroom or a brand-new Klunkmobile that spends more time at 'Ernie's Garage' than you driving it?

Better yet, a new game that uses TS2 as the solid central core and then add the things from TS3 & 4 that are genuine improvements due to the advances in gaming technology over the years.
  • simplyzoesimplyzoe Posts: 428 Member
    YES! With store content! Yes I bought it all before but if they added store content and made it run on 10, I'm in.

• SimSpockSimSpock Posts: 273 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    They don't offer it anymore because they don't want to support it anymore in case it breaks or bugs out or whatever. They need the space on servers to offer answers how to fix your games on more current games like TS3 and TS4. If TS2 was still selling as much as TS3, they might want more server space and dedicated person to fixing problems in the games (I mean crashes, tech stuff etc.) but since TS3 still sells as much as TS4 packs, sometimes, then I guess they need to have customer support work on any tech crashes and the canned responses of how to fix those things in TS3 rather than waste money on telling people how to do those canned responses for TS2.

Which makes it a perfect fit for something like GOG. They "could" sell it through media that are designed for old games that people love. They simply don't want people purchasing it -- I'll leave it to each individual to decide why that might be.
  • simlandersimlander Posts: 196 Member
    edited May 2021
    I wish they'd offer it somehow. I get that the tech support side of it can complicate things, but how much support are they "required" to provide if a game is free?
  • fantuanssfantuanss Posts: 48 Member
    I will really want it provide too... Its sad I really want to play the game legal,no matter I would need to pay or not. Wish they can release again on the sims 2 20 anniversary... Fixes or not isn't that important,I just want to own game legal. I don't want to store so many discs at home.
  • simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,370 Member
    I agree but unfortunately, it's not going to happen. There are ways to get the game, however.
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • knuckledusterknuckleduster Posts: 1,268 Member
    They could package all 4 versions of the sims games like they used to do, as a compilation, with sim island, sim ant, sim earth, sim golf, etc.

Sims 1, 2, 3, 4 and let people experience them all for themselves, in their own way.
  • canitbemancanitbeman Posts: 396 Member
    It doesn't make sense why EA won't sell UC. You'd think they'd be open to making some Simoleons.
    in7xjb5WX7PIyv2bAPK9om-UpQ6lu50OmTOOMedFkabQlJ6WAblttI-YkjpbwbaMsZYP99rvrxYZYvusuoiZY9kgoOukGZu8miL-x4i5Vjt_4VS982WP32Goc22ldJNMZMCL6b2pKA=w2400
  • Destin2016Destin2016 Posts: 568 Member
    EA will never do this. Once everyone finds out how unbelievably fantastic The Sims 2 is, no one will want to play TS4.
    You like me because I'm a scoundrel. There aren't enough scoundrels in your life.
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    They don't offer it anymore because they don't want to support it anymore in case it breaks or bugs out or whatever. They need the space on servers to offer answers how to fix your games on more current games like TS3 and TS4. If TS2 was still selling as much as TS3, they might want more server space and dedicated person to fixing problems in the games (I mean crashes, tech stuff etc.) but since TS3 still sells as much as TS4 packs, sometimes, then I guess they need to have customer support work on any tech crashes and the canned responses of how to fix those things in TS3 rather than waste money on telling people how to do those canned responses for TS2.

I have a hard time accepting that as a logical reason for them not to offer it, considering what a mess Sims4 was and still remains, and the groundswell of new interest that Sims2 is attracting from people who either really miss core gameplay that made the franchise famous in the first place, or else have never experienced it but are hearing about it now from youtubers who are turning onto it now and liking it better than Sims4.
    It wouldn't take that much effort to make the game an easy turnaround of money for little effort since most of the game development was done a long time ago by other people, yet they could still sell it for $49 and have people lining up to buy, if by buying we don't have to research and seek out solutions to PC compatibility and graphics issues.

Affording server space is a no brainer when you can make money from something you didn't actually have to spend money in the first place, to develop. The initial investment was already paid for and then some, and any continuing profits from it are almost pure gravy.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    SimSpock wrote: »

Which makes it a perfect fit for something like GOG. They "could" sell it through media that are designed for old games that people love. They simply don't want people purchasing it -- I'll leave it to each individual to decide why that might be.

I agree. And if that is the case (that they are deliberately hoping people will forget about Sims2 because it makes Sims4 look all the more awful by comparison, then they are burning their own bridges, because Paralives is coming and people are watching and waiting. But I think EA doesn't really care about the Sims franchise that much, these days, because they are content to leave it to be just a pretty dollhouse for dollhouse players who don't want surprises or depthy gameplay, and everyone else can go play other games. I think that's the reasoning there.

But the gameplay fanbase is an enthusiastic market, just waiting for whoever comes along to fill the gap they've been left in.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Alida_Maria100Alida_Maria100 Posts: 1 New Member
    I'd adore for the origin ultimate edition to return, especially with some support for modern systems!

I keep running into issues on windows 10 and would gladly pay EA 100 euros or even a monthly subscription in order to be able to play the game properly...