Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Disney Princess Challenge - Revised! (Updated for Cottage Living)

Comments

• suuuuskssuuuusks Posts: 1 New Member
    Can Mulan have the Miliatry career instead of detective?
  • MelinoeMelinoe Posts: 64 Member
    suuuusks wrote: »
    Can Mulan have the Miliatry career instead of detective?

Sure!
  • MagicalSimmer110MagicalSimmer110 Posts: 20 Member
    This version is really cool. I've already started the og version so I might do this after but it is really awesome!
  • MagicalSimmer110MagicalSimmer110 Posts: 20 Member
    > @AstridL01 said:
    > Hii, this is greaat! I was just going to try the og Disney Princess Challenge for the first time but while reading I realized after a bit it's not much off a challenge and I also found it a bit outdated considering some new EP. I'm gonna give it a try Rn and may post later how I did. Thanks!

yea i agree. I have tried to do the og 3 times but after snow it isn't challenging and is kinda boring. Im glad that this challenge is around.
  • Forestsky02Forestsky02 Posts: 5 New Member
    @Melinoe

Wow, this is so cool. I love how each generation has an actual challenge while still keeping with the Disney Princess theme. :wink:

Hi! I'm new to the forum and to Sims 4 overall. I first got into the Sims through Sims Mobile and since I'm a total Disney fan I created my own (desperately needs an update) version of the Disney Princess Challenge for Sims Mobile. I was actually planning to make revised version of the Sims 4's version of the Disney Princess Challenge for my gameplay (I'm probably still going to do that, but I don't know if I'll post it yet). But this version is awesome. :smiley: :smiley:

So I was wondering (this is just a suggestion), would you like some help brainstorming (in particular for the optional gens)?
    > @Melinoe said:
    This version is really cool. I've already started the og version so I might do this after but it is really awesome!

Thanks! :)
    @Melinoe

Wow, this is so cool. I love how each generation has an actual challenge while still keeping with the Disney Princess theme. :wink:

Hi! I'm new to the forum and to Sims 4 overall. I first got into the Sims through Sims Mobile and since I'm a total Disney fan I created my own (desperately needs an update) version of the Disney Princess Challenge for Sims Mobile. I was actually planning to make revised version of the Sims 4's version of the Disney Princess Challenge for my gameplay (I'm probably still going to do that, but I don't know if I'll post it yet). But this version is awesome. :smiley::smiley:

So I was wondering (this is just a suggestion), would you like some help brainstorming (in particular for the optional gens)?

Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry I'm only just now getting back to you! It's been kinda crazy busy the past few months for me. :s

Absolutely! Feel free to pitch in ideas!
  • WilliamJacksonWilliamJackson Posts: 1 New Member
    > @suuuusks said:
    > Can Mulan have the Miliatry career instead of detective?

Sure why not?
    @Melinoe

Yay! You responded! :)

Here are some of my ideas. Not sure how good they are but maybe they could serve as inspiration to help you make better ones. ;)

[spoiler]

Ideas for Jasmine (in addition to what you already have):

- must have mother die before reaching teen (I know having the mother die is repetitive but it's also kinda iconic for many of the Disney princesses)
    - during her teen years, is not supposed to leave the house, but sneaks out when her father isn't looking (only after becoming a young adult is she officially allowed to leave the house)
    - have only one friend, Raja (can choose to make Raja a cat).
    - after meeting the love interest, must go on a "Whole New World" tour with them. Go on vacation ad spend at least one whole day in each world (Jasmine can either hide these trips from her father and do them on the sly, or she can do this after she is officially allowed to leave the house).
    - optional* have father's closest friend attempts to marry Jasmine in order to get the family fortune.

Ideas for Mulan (in addition to what you already have):

- must max out the fitness skill
    - cut off all connections from family and have "Ping" identity (this idea is a little crazy, but Mulan's whole thing was her hiding her identity from her coworkers. The player can make up the reason why.)
    - can only have friendly interactions with the future spouse, up until the Ping identity is revealed.
    - can only reveal Ping identity after (at least) level 4 popularity is reached. After that Mulan reconciles her family and starts an official romance with "Shane."
    - optional* have a best friend (who knows the secret) named Moshi

Ideas for Merida (in addition to what you already have, except for the "Strangerville Mystery" aspiration)

- maybe instead have the Body Builder aspiration (I did this because 1. I don't have the strangerville pack and 2. from what I understand the Strangerville pack involves going on the whole strangerville quest and I have a crazy/different idea for an adventure for Merida to go on).
    - must have a bad relationship with her mother
    - Merida is always sneaking out to go to parties with friends
    - (be prepared for a crazy idea) what if...
    Merida makes it no secret that she wishes she didn't have to deal with her mom and annoying siblings. And on one fateful night, a hidden witch decides to grant her wish. Her siblings and mother die and are trapped in ghost form, her mission is to find out who at the party was the witch so she can bring her family back or find a way to bring them back herself before time runs out and her family's spirit needs to be released (cannot strengthen their connection to the physical world)
    (yes this idea is a bit outlandish and yes it's similar to what you did with sleeping beauty. Maybe Merida's family could become a plant sim instead, you do have to eat a bean (a cake) in order to become one. The point is I needed something that involved a ticking clock, it's Merida's fault, and a "who did it" mystery. It does involve a bit of roleplay or...well I do I have another outlandish idea for how to make the "who the witch is" secret from even the player. I can tell you it if you want. But again this whole idea is a just a bit out there.)
    - after adventure Merida and her mom reconcile
    - oh...and (maybe before or after the adventure) Merida accidently gets pregnant and produces the next heir (I only said the "accidently gets pregnant" just because I couldn't imagine the character Merida ever getting married)

Ideas for Megara (these ones aren't mine though, they're @Ardruna's, so credit goes to her but they're still ideas/suggestions)
    - fall in love with and be the girlfriend of a Sim who must die of something other than old age
    - Successfully save that Sim from death by pleading with the Grim Reaper
    - Maintain a relationship with the Grim Reaper, but break up with your significant other due to being cheated on with someone else
    - Marry a different Sim who is an Athlete on the Bodybuilder track
    - Have kids
    [EPS]: Get Famous - Husband must be a celebrity.

Idea for Vanellope (this one is mine)
    - did you know that a male Servo can become pregnant by being abducted by aliens? You could almost say it's a...glitch...in the system. Sorry, anyways, what if Vanellope were to be born this way (it fits in with the "Everyone says I'm just a mistake, that I'm not supposed to exist"). And no, this can't be done using cheats, but this can be encouraged using a satellite. And also no I have not playtested this (but I fully plan on doing so), I just know that it's possible from all the forum blog posts about it.

[/spoiler]
    Oh, maybe Merida could bring her family back to life using ambrosia (it's a cake). I don't know, I'm just spurting out random ideas.
    > @Melinoe said:
    Forestskye: I love your ideas! Those are really cool, especially the Vanellope and Merida ones!

Also, I'm going to be adding a bunch of stuff with Cottage Living. I'm really really excited for this expansion and I think it has some really cool potential for this challenge. :D
    edited July 2021
    Update 7/22/2021:
    Updated to add new things for Cottage Living! I would love to add befriend birds to several generations as it is a Disney staple, but I didn't want it to get repetitive. But if you want to do so, feel free!
  • ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    I feel like snow white especially befriends birds xD
  • craziest06craziest06 Posts: 2 New Member
    Have you thought of adding Raya to the challenge?
  • FemmeFataliaFemmeFatalia Posts: 2 New Member
    I am so happy that 'The Black Cauldron' gets a generation here! Such an overlooked piece.
  • BruNCC93BruNCC93 Posts: 209 Member
    Wow this looks freaking amazing! I love how you revised everything and made changes that for me make a lot of sense

Haven't touched TS4 in months but this made me pick the game up again, I'm so excited <3

Is anyone blogging this challenge? I'd love to see your games!
    [
  • Mztinka17Mztinka17 Posts: 1 New Member
    Love this version. I mean I like the OG too☺. Of F.Y.I the evil queen of snow white is actually her mom. That was the original storyline. I believed they changed it during the 1819 version.
  • benphoenix19benphoenix19 Posts: 92 Member
    I really like this, however, I wish there was a little more of a story for each other rather than just a summary... like a writing prompt.
  • Stylishgirl91Stylishgirl91 Posts: 4 New Member
    I don't his strangerville or vampires can i still play this without them. I want to try it but i dont like the vampire ir strangerville packs?
    I like this and I can't wait till I'm able to post my own discussions so that I can upload my own disney princess challenge version. it's a bit darker than the usual ones
  • sortalivingsortaliving Posts: 20 Member
    Love this version. Finally fully doing the challenge after many years and I have used this as inspiration for my gameplay.
  • Silvi89Silvi89 Posts: 2 New Member
    Just found this new disney legacy in 2023,, will you updated to growing together pack? I definitely love this stories. 😆😆
    edited June 2023
    My version of the Disney Princess Challenge.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/1009016/a-darker-disney-princess-challenge-revamp#latest

How I wrote it is that each generation builds to the next one. There are a couple that kinda could go otherwise but for the most part, it builds on each other.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top