Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims are dumb.....

Okay, so I take my dog, Elvis and cat Misa to the vet, to get snipped. I sign Misa in first and wait.....and wait, and wait, and wait, looking back and forth between the game and Pretty Little Liars that's playing on my TV. I finally see that the vet is over there SNOOZING away on the couch, at the clinic while 3 Sims are waiting for her!

I just got back into playing Sims recently and forgot how dumb they could be, especially the NPCs. I've missed it. XD

Comments

• aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,096 Member
    yep same. I took my pets in a few times for sickness and one of the vets is always sleeping without fail
  • Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,901 Member
    For some reason, there was only one vet in my clinic. I don't know where the other one went. Probably went out into the blizzard, who knows. Sims aren't smart. XD
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,116 Member
    edited May 2021
    They certainly aren't bright. I have a detective that as soon as he teleports to work, his first thought every time is to browse the internet. Not for work-related things either, just in general....
    Post edited by Nate_Whiplash1 on
  • SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    LOL Yes they are and that's why they make me laugh so darn much!
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Agreed. TS4 sims the dubest yet, despite the EA claim of 'smarter sims'. TS2 ones are much better though they have their moments.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,496 Member
    For some reason, there was only one vet in my clinic. I don't know where the other one went. Probably went out into the blizzard, who knows. Sims aren't smart. XD

No, but, sadly all too true of Humans, in general.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,901 Member
    They certainly aren't bright. I have a detective that as soon as he teleports to work, his first thought every time is to browse the internet. Not for work-related things either, just in general....

His priorities aren't straight lol
    LOL Yes they are and that's why they make me laugh so darn much!

I agree, it is pretty hilarious.
    Agreed. TS4 sims the dubest yet, despite the EA claim of 'smarter sims'. TS2 ones are much better though they have their moments.

Yeah, they sim to be more dumbed down than before. One of my other sims was starving and about to pee herself. But what does she do? Runs outside to make a snowangel. And she was on full autonomy so she was in full control of herself but choose to just not lol

No, but, sadly all too true of Humans, in general.

Got that right.
  • TheStarrSimmerTheStarrSimmer Posts: 206 Member
    You'd think by the 3rd game they would have gotten smarter lol...They still like to walk around the house and enter the back door to get to a room instead of just going through the door that they are standing by inside the house.
    Snap_5bFm8Er5qd514231703.png
  • TheStarrSimmerTheStarrSimmer Posts: 206 Member
    4th game*
    Snap_5bFm8Er5qd514231703.png
  • greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    You'd think by the 3rd game they would have gotten smarter lol...They still like to walk around the house and enter the back door to get to a room instead of just going through the door that they are standing by inside the house.

You'd think! Dumb sims are about as constant as llamas, at least in my experience. :D
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • BitterBubblyBitterBubbly Posts: 70 Member
    I have a couple of sims in my active household who really are impressively bright.

I also have one in that same household who I told to get leftovers from the fridge and then go for a jog...so he jogged around the neighborhood while carrying a plate of bacon and eggs.

#TheFamilyDerp :D
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,851 Member
    @BitterBubbly Oh yes. I had one sim who always started her day by jogging with her coffee :)

• BitterBubblyBitterBubbly Posts: 70 Member
    @mightysprite Haha! NICE! See, I'm actually impressed by that. I can't do ANYTHING until I've had ALL the coffee. :D
  • Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    edited May 2021
    I've made a huge lot with a lot of paths, stairs, and ladders, and my Sims just LOVE taking like, the longest possible route to get to like a bathroom or a bed; they love unnecessarily climbing ladders and stairs, sometimes they go through a different floor of my lot even though the bed is on the same floor as them.
    A1hnP0t.png
  • ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    My young sim took Olive Tinker on a little puppy-love date to catch fish in Oasis Springs. The weather turned chilly on a winter's day, and my sim, at my direction, sensibly put on a winter coat and caught another fish.

Olive, meanwhile, nearly froze to death before the game finally decided to instruct her to put the fishing rod down and make a run for the nearest building.

It was somewhat disappointing to find the most endearing child NPC in the game to be just as irretrievably thick as every other NPC.
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    I saw Melony running for her dear life inside her home during a thunderstorm..
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    SamDenny wrote: »
    I saw Melony running for her dear life inside her home during a thunderstorm..
    She was probably running to someone to freak out on them. If she lives alone, that's weird.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    Are sims still washing dishes in the bathroom sink all the way upstairs rather than the kitchen sink? Or is that not a thing anymore , lol.
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    Astro wrote: »
    Are sims still washing dishes in the bathroom sink all the way upstairs rather than the kitchen sink? Or is that not a thing anymore , lol.

Mine still do sometimes. Mostly if I forget a kitchen sink or they're too lazy to go to the kitchen.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member

It's better than it used to be, but my sims do tend to choose the closest available sink if they, for example, hauled their plate of food from the kitchen to a seat somewhere and the bathroom is closer to their location than the kitchen was.
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member

Still a thing, unfortunately!
    Kironide wrote: »

What a shame.
    Kind of wondering (technical wise) what makes a sim place a certain sink that's farther away on a higher priority than one closer.
    @BitterBubbly Oh yes. I had one sim who always started her day by jogging with her coffee :)
    This reminds me of my sim that would eat while on the toilet!
    An endless cycle of multitasking! :)
    edited May 2021
    Kironide wrote: »

What a shame.
    Kind of wondering (technical wise) what makes a sim place a certain sink that's farther away on a higher priority than one closer.

I don't know, but I think it might be deliberate. I often have Sims standing next to the un-used kitchen sink, that will walk two floors away to wash up. Maybe its meant to be quirky. I just find it incredibly annoying, particularly in a large house!
    This reminds me of my sim that would eat while on the toilet!
    An endless cycle of multitasking! :)

:) Arghhh! Some activities should not be combined dear little sims!