The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The grand sequel to: "The first one to page 100 wins!"

Comments

• sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    Today's Q Q is:
    How do you make decisions?

I usually try to weight the pros and cons or try to figure out/predict any possible consequences or outcomes that could occur and pick the one with the least risk.
    I make decisions based on the situation. Like just last weekend my nephew and his live-in girlfriend called me up in a state of panic, wanting me to drive them and their cat to a vet that's over an hour and half away by car. All because their cat was sneezing, breathing through it's mouth and running a temperature of 104. The cat had allergies, in which there's no cure for. They did manage to get their cat to the vet that was much closers the following morning. And the cat did get medication to knock down some of those symptoms. But it's still dealing with allergies.
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member

For important ones, by researching, analyzing, and sometimes getting decision fatigue to the point of paralysis.
    For things that actually don't matter (like what color of golf ball I want at mini golf), it can be hard to decide because there is no difference between one choice and another, functionally, so I'd rather roll dice or have it be random otherwise.

Either way, I overthink things in life, and can wind up with decision paralysis.

Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Zara_StacyZara_Stacy Posts: 167 Member
    Guys, my cat has a tumour :( found out today and it's been pretty tough. Sorry if its a depressing thing to share, but I just wanted to share it since I talk to you every day. She's 20 so at least she's had a full life. We're gonna do an xray next friday and depending on the results, we're either going to remove it (if its only in that one area) or have to put her to sleep (if it has spread across her body) I'm on pretty strong antidepressants atm so when the news hit me, I kinda felt like my head was in a fish tank - all the emotions were numbed and distorted, it was weird. Better than emotional agony I guess.
    Anyway, I feel ok right now. The concept of death always messes me up, but I know I'm just gonna have to learn to deal with it as life goes on.
    Thank you for listening lol

Im so sorry! It's hard to find the words to say in these situations, so i'm honestly sorry. I would say spend time with your cat as much as you can. No matter the outcome. And sorry for the late response. I had relatives over.
    sunman502 wrote: »
    Today's Q Q is:
    Who is your fav author?

Don't have one cuz I don't like to read.
    I don't read much either. I know that it sounds a bit strange coming from someone who writes.
    But my fav authors are Tolkien, Robert E Howard, Margret Weis and Tracy Hickman, R.A. Salvatore, and James Patterson.

Philip Reeve. I like distopia books, and he writes lots of them. So yes.
    0GnCyNY.gif
  • Zara_StacyZara_Stacy Posts: 167 Member
    Today's Q Q is:

I usually try to weight the pros and cons or try to figure out/predict any possible consequences or outcomes that could occur and pick the one with the least risk.

I make decisions based off outcomes. I think of all the possible outcomes of a situation. Then make my decision.
    0GnCyNY.gif
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    Today's Q Q is:

Ugh! I hate making decisions!

I've already planned to get a "Magic 8 Ball" to do ALL of the decision making for me next year! Perfect system? Maybe not, but it is a system.
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • MousellineMouselline Posts: 4,845 Member
    Today's Q Q is:

Think it over for a long period of time, ask for advice, complain about the advice, pray I choose the right answer right before I make the decision, think it over for a slightly shorter period of time, repeat step 4, make the decision
  • magic_cat_treemagic_cat_tree Posts: 292 Member
    edited May 2021
    Zara_Stacy wrote: »
    Im so sorry! It's hard to find the words to say in these situations, so i'm honestly sorry. I would say spend time with your cat as much as you can. No matter the outcome. And sorry for the late response. I had relatives over.

Thank you, Zara <3 that's good advice, I'm trying to do that now, while coming to terms with it. I feel a lot calmer now that the news has had time to sink in (and antidepressants really help! :# )

@DeKay Cleo is gorgeous!! I love calico cats! My girl who passed away almost 2 years ago was a calico too; they are the most beautiful colouring in my eyes.

it's hard to explain exactly, but I guess to put it simply I just weight up the pros and cons of each situation with reference to other considerations, such as my morals, the feelings of others etc
    Drummer in Seize The Day
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,565 Member
    Zara_Stacy wrote: »

Thank you, Zara <3 that's good advice, I'm trying to do that now, while coming to terms with it. I feel a lot calmer now that the news has had time to sink in (and antidepressants really help! :# )

DeKay Cleo is gorgeous!! I love calico cats! My girl who passed away almost 2 years ago was a calico too; they are the most beautiful colouring in my eyes.

it's hard to explain exactly, but I guess to put it simply I just weight up the pros and cons of each situation with reference to other considerations, such as my morals, the feelings of others etc

Yeah, Calicos are the coolest! My other fav colors are the silver tabby or the Russian blue!
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif

Yeah, Calicos are the coolest! My other fav colors are the silver tabby or the Russian blue!

I love silver/grey cats too! I want one, but I am set on only ever adopting, so whether or not I'll get a silver cat in the future is down to luck, I guess.
    The good thing is, you are guaranteed to fall in love with any cat you get. Example -- we got my boy after my calico passed away and he was the only kitten left at the shelter, so we didn't choose his colouring. He is a tuxedo cat and I used to not really like black and white cats, but after falling in love with him, I now think tuxedo cats are really beautiful <3
    Drummer in Seize The Day
    Today's Q Q is the most legit question that I never thought I'd think about until I saw it on a Tumblr post:
    Do you read
    :D

as an open-mouthed smile or a smile with teeth/big grin?

Open mouthed smile.
    832XG3D.gif
    I can't decide. Sorry but both seem equally plausible.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • MousellineMouselline Posts: 4,845 Member
    Today's Q Q is the most legit question that I never thought I'd think about until I saw it on a Tumblr post:
    Do you read

Open mouthed smile.

Open mouthed smile
    edited May 2021
    I can't decide. Sorry but both seem equally plausible.

Hehe, I never really see it as a big grin unless the app or website changes it to an emoji of that and I'm like... "huh..." And this forum is even weirder by making it a laughing face. 😂
    832XG3D.gif
  • TheStarrSimmerTheStarrSimmer Posts: 206 Member
    edited May 2021
    > @DeKay said:
    > Today's Q Q is the most legit question that I never thought I'd think about until I saw it on a Tumblr post:
    > Do you read :D
    >
    >
    > as an open-mouthed smile or a smile with teeth/big grin?
    > Open mouthed smile.

I've always read it as an open mouthed smile as well, lol.
    Post edited by TheStarrSimmer on
    Snap_5bFm8Er5qd514231703.png
    > @DeKay said:
    > Today's Q Q is the most legit question that I never thought I'd think about until I saw it on a Tumblr post:
    > Do you read :D
    >
    >
    > as an open-mouthed smile or a smile with teeth/big grin?
    > Open mouthed smile.

I've always read it as an open mouthed smile as well, lol.

Nice! XD
    832XG3D.gif
  • TheStarrSimmerTheStarrSimmer Posts: 206 Member
    lmao Thanks
    Snap_5bFm8Er5qd514231703.png
    Painting feat. my fav bird. Can you guess what it is?

d7c4677f766c107735176ebdc69b3b7eb002051a.jpg
    832XG3D.gif
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    Do you read

Open mouthed smile.

Teeth style smile
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
    edited May 2021
    https://www.instagram.com/reel/CPRWqWLqRVQ/?utm_medium=copy_link

Gaah, why is it not embedding the vid... 😂

For anyone who's curious of what it is but too hesitant/lazy to click it, it's a video of two fish dumping sand on each other cuz they're petty. 😂
    832XG3D.gif

is that Timothy Chalamet? the guy, not the bird lol the bird is a bluejay, I think ?

also love the petty fish! :D
    Drummer in Seize The Day
    edited May 2021

is that Timothy Chalamet? the guy, not the bird lol the bird is a bluejay, I think ?

I can't make out an actual bird there. It looks like a hair comb maybe decorated with stripes. I do have some weird issue with not seeing what others see in that some things look like abstractions to me, that other people see as an image. Can anyone outline this bird? The stripes aren't in the right direction or arrangement to possibly be part of a bluejay feather, but then it's a Singaporean bird so it wouldn't be a bluejay. But I still can't see a bird..

xicwqMCm.jpg
    I can't make out an actual bird there. It looks like a hair comb maybe decorated with stripes. I do have some weird issue with not seeing what others see in that some things look like abstractions to me, that other people see as an image. Can anyone outline this bird? The stripes aren't in the right direction or arrangement to possibly be part of a bluejay feather, but then it's a Singaporean bird so it wouldn't be a bluejay. But I still can't see a bird..

oh ok, yeah, I'm not at all an expert on birds, I just saw the stripy blue feather and that's the first thing that popped into my head.
    That's interesting what you say about seeing abstractions. I wonder if there's a word for that. I feel like I'm kind of the opposite; a lot of the time I see images in random patterns, like faces in a tree, stuff like that
    Drummer in Seize The Day
    edited May 2021

No, it's not Timothy.

It is a bluejay. 🙂😉
    il_570xN.2504196210_ewwc.jpg
    There's no literal bird in there but only the feather. Also, I colored the whole image in a way there's lots of blue and the hair of the guy is more to the "black" side and I made his skin pale to match the white parts of the bluejay feather.
    QDCvgZ0.png
    832XG3D.gif

oh ok, yeah, I'm not at all an expert on birds, I just saw the stripy blue feather and that's the first thing that popped into my head.
    That's interesting what you say about seeing abstractions. I wonder if there's a word for that. I feel like I'm kind of the opposite; a lot of the time I see images in random patterns, like faces in a tree, stuff like that

You had it right, you're awesome! I was flummoxed trying to see a bird in there XD. Congrats!

xicwqMCm.jpg
    So Dekay, they have bluejays in Singapore? Here I was expecting some exotic bird, like a bird of paradise or something. What makes it your favorite? They are pretty, but here a lot of people think they're kind of obnoxious because they'll chase songbirds from birdfeeders, and they have an abrasive call. I like them too, because they're pretty, and I have sympathy for them somehow. Like, they weren't trying to be abrasive, they're just...assertive. lol

We suffered awful sudden heat here today, about 34 C, after it being so cold 2 nights ago we had to shut the windows or we'd be shivering all night. Luckily there's a cool breeze now, got the screen door propped open and all the windows open so the house can cool down, and we're supposed to get lightning and thunderstorms.

How is it for everyone else?

xicwqMCm.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top