Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is your current household/family?

Comments

• MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    Thanks @HillyBeth :)

There will soon be a new family member :) Poor Josh had to contend with both the door and nausea :D:D:D
    51182268399_b39d96d11c_o.jpg
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,404 Member
    edited May 2021
    Revamped my <3 Featherbelle <3 (my RL wife's) Sim. :mrgreen:
    Screenshot-9.jpg
    Using her and Haruo in Cloverdale (Lite) world in a save that I'm just playing for myself. :)<3
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • chonkiechonkie Posts: 67 Member
    Everyone's households are so interesting! :)
    I don't have good screenshots to share yet, so have a wall of text instead. :D
    TL;DR at the bottom!

Gwen Fontaine moved into her grandparents' old house in Riverview, after longing to go back to living in the countryside for years.
    She quickly became friends with Heather Crosby (though she hasn't met her husband Odin to this day. He's always busy, lol).
    At that time, I wasn't sure which career to pick for her, so I just had her get a part-time job at the supermarket and start a small garden.

A while later, she felt it was time to start working towards her LTW, Surrounded by Family. She made an online dating profile and met Scott Adams, and the two really hit it off on their first date.

This is when I noticed two things.

First, he's a Location Merchant. Since he works at the Concession Stand almost all day, it's hard to "properly" date him.
    Second, he's got a girlfriend. Oh well, must be awful, why else would he have an online dating profile? At least that's what I've been telling myself story-wise. :D

Fast forward a couple weeks, and the two finally become official and he moves in with her.
    Oh, he has a son with his ex-girlfriend. Oh dear. Well, he moved in with Gwen as well. No Sim left behind, save for Scott's ex.

Life was great. Gwen finally decided on the Medical Career (it does fit her goody-two-shoes personality :D), since she realized she has to have more money coming in now. The couple built a basement, which could be used for lots of rooms later on.

Also, on their first evening together in Gwen's house, I accidentally clicked on "Try for Baby"... ah well. I thought it was a bit early, as Scott's son Jack was still a toddler and was still learning basic skills, but I was sure they could manage.

Well.

The next day, Gwen came home from work and she immediately went down into the basement, where Scott was working on his LTW, Alchemy Artisan. Except she wasn't head over heels for him and getting mushy.
    She accused him of cheating.

What.

I didn't notice him cheating on her with anyone, but ah well, I rolled with it. Sent him and his son back to live on an eligible lot, and that was it.
    But as you might still remember, they tried for a baby the night before, and yep, Gwen's pregnant. Alright, the single mom story may be overdone by now, but what else could I do?

Fast forward a couple more days, and Gwen goes into labour.
    And of course, one baby wasn't enough, so she's got twin girls, Annette and Bryony. Ah well. I'm sure she can handle.

The backstory got quite lengthy, sorry! Or are there just too many paragraphs... ? Well, I guess it might be easier to read...

TL;DR: Gwen is ready to work on her Surrounded by Family LTW, gets pregnant and then discovers her boyfriend is cheating on her. She kicks him out, and now she's stuck with twin girls.
  • NitroglycolNitroglycol Posts: 121 Member
    edited May 2021
    Right now I'm playing a family of my own creation, the Morphy family - dad Boyd, mum Leola, son David, and daughter Caroline. The astute reader might note the resemblance to the Staunton family in Robertson Davies' Deptford trilogy, though they've diverged a lot from the family in the books (fortunately). Boyd has the Childish and Ambitious traits, which matches his literary counterpart, as does his LTW, which is to be Leader of the Free World. He's currently working his way up in the political system in that very fine Pleasantview port I discovered a while back. Since there's no "hopelessly depressed" trait I gave Leola the Neurotic and Grumpy traits, among others. She is a housewife David is also Neurotic and a Bookworm, which is in keeping with the novels. Caroline is not at all like her counterpart; she's currently a fun if rebellious teen, with the Artistic and Genius traits (and without the Snob trait) and a very tomboyish style (the game assigned her short hair when she aged up to a child and I ran with it).

When I started, Boyd and Leola were fresh young adults, David was a child, and Caroline was a toddler. For some reason I messed up assigning relationships in the creation of the family, so while Leola is the mother of both, David shows as Boyd's stepson. But I went with that too.

Now David and Caroline are teens, with Dave set to age up to young adult shortly. He and Caroline both now have romantic interests; in David's case it's his old childhood friend Cat Skinner, while Caroline has developed an interest in some dude she met at the prom, though I don't think that's gonna last (especially since Boyd has figured out that he has the Evil trait).

There's now a bit of drama brewing due to the fact that, purely through autonomous interactions, Leola and Cat have developed a strong dislike for each other, and just a few minutes ago Boyd spontaneously did a "berate ignorance" on Cat as well. I think as soon as David ages up he and Cat may have to move in together away from his parents.
    @chonkie Thanks for sharing :) I'm sure Scott isn't currently cheating but sims can be a bit odd about past relationships that don't have a proper breakup. I hope Gwen can cope with the kids!

@Nitroglycol Thanks for sharing :) Although I am an avid reader, I've not heard of the Deptford trilogy. I have "berate ignorance" tuned out (Nraas Retuner mod) along with many other autonomous behaviours that drive me insane because they don't seem to have any relevance to the situation and can be taken to extremes and don't necessarily reflect the personality of the offending sims. Don't get me started on spontaneous Prom relationships! I make sure my sims are in established relationships before sending them to Prom because the thought of my sims being hooked up with totally inappropriate partners makes me livid!
  • MorgaineWitchMorgaineWitch Posts: 42 Member
    KTESP4j.jpg
    Clara and Teddy Epping.
    Clara was to be a world famous surgeon and is a single mum.
    Theodora "Teddy" Epping vampire and is Clara's daughter with Beau Merrick. She loves the xylophone and eating her dolls.

bcrGYaz.jpg
    Rose and Cedrick Whitmore(plus unborn baby). My two very dramatic artists.
    My in progress Legacy family I guess.
    Rose is currently on the political career track while she builds up her name in the art world. She plans to quit when she becomes a little more famous. Cedrick is trying to get famous writing novels.
    Thanks for sharing @MorgaineWitch :) I always enjoy playing with Beau Merrick. As Clara is a single mother I wonder if you added Beau to her household or if she got pregnant with Beau as an inactive?
    Good luck with your Legacy family :) For me, playing for several generations is the most fun :)
  • MorgaineWitchMorgaineWitch Posts: 42 Member
    PlPGAOH.jpg
    @Mikezumi
    Clara got pregnant with Teddy when Beau was an inactive. I accidently pushed 'make a baby' instead of 'woohoo'.
    Beau has just joined the household today so he can help co-parent.
    I'm trying to get him and Clara married but they keep having relationship drama.
    @MorgaineWitch I hope you can sort out Beau and Clara's relationship for the sake of Teddy. I am sure he's happy to be able to help with the parenting. I have always found him to be a great dad although I do need to watch him a lot because I always feel bad for babies and toddlers when evil parents swipe their candy (not they should have any! :o;) ). :D
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    edited May 2021
    These guys are yet another iteration of my favorite couple. I play(ed) them in Sims 2, 3 and 4 and this time they assembled for the most random reason I ever had for starting a save: I read that Sims 3 cats can catch fish and that the results are totally random.

screenshot-35tnjdr.jpg

Gavin Reed is a detective in my Sims 4 rotational save, in this universe I made him a private investigator. He's very self-centered, career-focused and normally doesn't care whom he has to throw under the bus for his advancement. On the upside he's fun at partys and has never crossed the line into crime. Gavin's ingame traits are therefore Inappropriate, Good sense of humour, Ambitious, Snob and Cat person (Mean would be a good fit, too.).

Gavin is holding Minerva, his elderly cat. Her age doesn't stop her from bringing home many scaly delights to use in Gavin's favorite food: Sushi. Minerva started out Proud and acquired Clean, Adventurer and Hunter during gameplay (not sure about the english trait names). She looks a bit odd when zoomed in real close, definitely took some getting used to (and a change of eyes).

The horse is Plum, my first Sims 3 foal from a different save. She's Friendly, but also a total Pig who regularly eats the morning paper for breakfast before her humans can reach it. Also apples, I grew an apple tree on the lot just for this glutton.

Finally we have Daniel Phillips, Gavin's husband. He has already been a criminal, janitor and cop in other saves, also a Sith apprentice in the infamous Batuu expansion, so he has lots of experience from many walks of life to apply in his new position as... Appaloosa' Plains' new neighborhood school teacher. (This new career path came from very out of the left field when Daniel's Sims 4 workplace offered to cover a university education and when I looked up what degrees he was most qualified for, it was a tossup between teaching and cuisine.)
    Daniel can be the gentlest, kindest person, but unfortunately he has anger management issues. Gavin pales at Danny at his worst.
    Daniel's traits are Family-oriented, Hot-headed, Over-emotional, Neurotic and Daredevil.

They're probably not the neighbors one wanted irl, but very fun to play.
    Post edited by EnkiSchmidt on
    @EnkiSchmidt Cats is as good a reason as any to start a save :) Playing the same sims across different iterations of the game sounds like fun :)
  • PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    :)

Started a new game with a young adult named Madison Potter. Madison wants to master the photography and painter skill and been going to Sim Egypt. :)
    :) Smile!

Josh and Ian had their second child, a daugher (Merryn), today :) After uploading the pic I realized I had forgotten to give her shoes! :D
    51208575385_5a92e0a71f_o.jpg
    51206796657_bfbdfa777e_o.jpg
  • SleepstarSleepstar Posts: 814 Member
    Returned to my Lear and Branwen Save, and there's a baby on the horizon
    Currently aiming to get all harvestable produce in The Sims 3 (One EP left)Will complete a Legacy one dayhttps://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=katcalls2k907 (My Wishlist)
    @Mikezumi The baby has been born in the last play session, so the updated list for the Molyneux Family:

Father: Lear. Athletic Career.
    Mother: Branwen. Gardening Career
    Child: Taliesin. Toddler
    Currently aiming to get all harvestable produce in The Sims 3 (One EP left)Will complete a Legacy one dayhttps://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=katcalls2k907 (My Wishlist)
  • PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    After a long hiatus from simming I returned to a save from last year in which I'm playing Alec Trevelyan, an edited version of Alec Trebo from Barnacle Bay, and his wife Jess, a sim I made. Their first child Peter just aged up to toddler.

oUBJh7k.jpg

4UjBdUh.jpg

7a8lA3L.jpg

@Mikezumi , this particular save was inspired by your screenshots: I wanted to use some custom sliders and the Random genetics mod for the first time, and focus my gameplay on what the children will look like.
    Jory and Merryn are lovely! Merryn has this adorable angry toddler look in the screenshot.
    @PalmArrow Peter is as cute as a button! :) Do you like the random genetics mod? I love it and don't think I will play without in the future!
    Looking forward to seeing any new additions to your household :)
  • PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    @Mikezumi , it's too early to say if I like the mod because all the children born in game are still toddlers and I'm incapable of seeing toddlers' genetics, but I can't wait for them to grow up so that I can compare their features to their parents!
    @Mikezumi Thank you

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top