Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there Still Hope For a Create-A-World?

2...Next

Comments

• GrimReaper1744GrimReaper1744 Posts: 32 Member
    how would it even work?
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    how would it even work?

Only they can know the answer. I mean we don't even know how Seasons will work until they released the Season expansion. It will work if they decided to work on it. Looks like at this moment they don't. If they are not working on Whims, how much more a CAW?
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited May 2021
    Before this thread gets shut down, No, I do not see an Create an World as the game is over seven years old and I have no faith them doing the job right and all I have to look at is what was done to Sims City 2013 and how well that went. as far features goes I believe Sims 4 has peaked and all they can do is throw in stuff and fluff.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Lady_EarthLady_Earth Posts: 187 Member
    edited May 2021
    It may not happen, but I hope that we may get it someday.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    I cannot see how it would work unfortunately. The previous games had terrains and the team would put objects on them but in this iteration, they basically build the world and then they just decide which places to put lots on.
    I cannot think of a system that could allow the player to create such worlds. There isn't even a map view. But you never know.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • SimChic1SimChic1 Posts: 3,449 Member
    edited May 2021
    No. The devs stripped the game so much so that they can turn the bare minimum into selling points. Releasing a world tool means the selling points a lot of EPs for simmers are gone.
  • QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    I don't think they're doing it, but I wouldn't mind if they gave us sort of world copies that we could at least add or remove segments from and having a choice of backdrops. It wouldn't be creating worlds ourselves but at least we could do some changes and manipulation.

This! Agree 100%.

BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    Nope.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    I wouldn't even attempt to build an entire world on my own. But I would love to have the ability to add more lots to the existing worlds we have, or even get rid of some of those awful empty, unusable fake buildings. And I agree there are too many odd lots strewn about with BBQs that get overrun with rotting food the NPCs leave everywhere. I haven't tried Twisted Mexi's T.O.O.L. mod but does it allow the player to add or delete objects from lots we can't play? Hmmm....I think I will have a closer look at that. I forgot it is available.
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    I cannot see how it would work unfortunately. The previous games had terrains and the team would put objects on them but in this iteration, they basically build the world and then they just decide which places to put lots on.
    I cannot think of a system that could allow the player to create such worlds. There isn't even a map view. But you never know.

It's still made the same way as before. The world just has a different interface than the previous games. Basically, all games are made the same, flat block on a black abyss that you mold and add assets.
  • ForgeronForgeron Posts: 272 Member
    How would that work tho? How would we place the backdrop or even design it? How would it make “neighborhoods” end? Highly doubt it’ll ever happen

@SelinaKyles don't underestimate cc creators, but we also have a lot of assets in-game to use. We don't need brand new exclusive stuff for every single world we create.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Forgeron wrote: »
    How would that work tho? How would we place the backdrop or even design it? How would it make “neighborhoods” end? Highly doubt it’ll ever happen

@SelinaKyles don't underestimate cc creators, but we also have a lot of assets in-game to use. We don't need brand new exclusive stuff for every single world we create.

Then it would be no different than the world save files people upload for others to download in place of Willow Creek or Newcrest.
    If they don’t include new things it would be “Create” a world.