Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New world in the Dream Home Decorator game pack?

Comments

• Options
    LenaDietersLenaDieters Posts: 254 Member
    I am not convinced of the Gp, but if it comes with a grimy, construction site world...I would buy it!
  • Options
    ForgeronForgeron Posts: 272 Member
    skelebee wrote: »
    I think I'd really enjoy a nasty, grimy world to fix up, full of ramshackle houses and the like (I'm envisioning some of the houses in TS3 Twinbrook, like the swampy ones). Most every other world is so samey, so clean and perfect. It would be an interesting change at least

@skelebee thats what i'm envisioning when I think of a new world. A swamp area like Twinbrook, an abandoned place or maybe the site of a disaster that you would need to renovate kinda like those run down/destroyed houses people post on the gallery for us to renovate!
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Forgeron wrote: »
    skelebee wrote: »
    I think I'd really enjoy a nasty, grimy world to fix up, full of ramshackle houses and the like (I'm envisioning some of the houses in TS3 Twinbrook, like the swampy ones). Most every other world is so samey, so clean and perfect. It would be an interesting change at least

@skelebee thats what i'm envisioning when I think of a new world. A swamp area like Twinbrook, an abandoned place or maybe the site of a disaster that you would need to renovate kinda like those run down/destroyed houses people post on the gallery for us to renovate!

🥲🥲🥲🥲
    Deep down I'm still hoping for this💚
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    I just saw what looked like Willow Creek but I hope we get a new world. I need more space to put my commercial lots.
  • Options
    HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member
    If there were a new world it would be shown in trailer and already mentioned in release blog. That's not the type of feature no to be mentioned about. The parts of the surroundings in the trailer looked like Newcrest for me.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Doesn't sound like the sort of pack that would come with a new world. I have nagging concerns about Game Packs being shrunk anyway.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    Harukotyan wrote: »
    If there were a new world it would be shown in trailer and already mentioned in release blog. That's not the type of feature no to be mentioned about. The parts of the surroundings in the trailer looked like Newcrest for me.

I think you're right. I know that hoping for a new world is just very wishful thinking on my part. I think I saw Willow Creek, New Crest, and San Myshuno in the trailer. I think a new world would have been important in this pack, but maybe the budget was spent elsewhere.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member

I agree. But im waiting to see where are they spending the world's budget.

Looking back...
    Gps with world: JtB, RoM, Strangerville, JA, Vampires, OR.
    Gps without world: Parenthood, DO, Spa Day.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    If there was a new word it would have been shown in the trailer and mentioned in the blog post.

I think most of the budget went to Build/Buy, and it seems there is a lot, I think we’ve never had two kitchens before ?
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,232 Member
    edited May 2021
    No world.

When there is a world it's included as a main feature in description.
    Escape to Forgotten Hollow. The dark, mist-covered land of Forgotten Hollow is the perfect place for vampires to socialize and let loose. Visit the abandoned mansion to discover its secrets, collect ingredients for gruesome new recipes, or move in and build your own lair.
    Experience the culture and customs of Selvadorada, from devouring local eats to learning spicy new dance moves!

• Venture to Selvadorada
    This countryside town may look and feel like other neighborhoods, but once the secret portal is unlocked, ...

Discover the Neighborhood – An unreal world awaits your Sim, and when you stumble upon the secret portal, there are mystical discoveries at every turn. Interact with familiars, cast spells on Sims around you, and concoct potions for friends and enemies.
    Experience the Edge of the Galaxy — Your Sims are definitely not at home anymore. From the Millennium Falcon to the bustling cantina and unique attire of Batuu, Sims will be surrounded by the iconic sights and sounds of Star Wars™. Socialize with the alien locals to truly understand why Batuu is unlike any other planet. When your Sim returns home, bring back new decor and recipes inspired by your travels, play a game of sabacc, or host a playful lightsaber training session.
    Take your Sims camping and explore the all-new destination of Granite Falls in The Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat! Venture into the deep woods to discover new surprises, including dangerous and wondrous herbs, new species of fish, creepy insects, and… bears?

• Wander into Granite Falls
  • Options

I think you're right. I know that hoping for a new world is just very wishful thinking on my part. I think I saw Willow Creek, New Crest, and San Myshuno in the trailer. I think a new world would have been important in this pack, but maybe the budget was spent elsewhere.

@GirlFromIpanema I hope the career isn't broke and we have a lot of new objects to use that weren't shown in the trailer, cuz that wasn't enough objects for me to make up for the lack of a world.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    I think and hope we'll rather get a new world with the next EP, then they will probably make it bigger and better. And - I really need a nice countryside 64x64 lot in an old farming district ;)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I'd like a new world but I'm not really into gritty or industrial. Eco-Living brought that ability to make spaces dirty and industrial. I'd either want something global, a farming world or a clean-cut suburb that I can expand into. I'd either like this in the GP or EP. If they start making world kits, I'd probably be interested.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,971 Member
    Forgeron wrote: »
    Not sure if any of you remember the last [redacted] hints; Someone was asking players which world they would play if the could only choose one. Frost responded saying [redacted], implying a new world was coming. George than said You know that [redacted/new world] only works if you are playing with [redacted/decorator?] sims and the new [redacted/decorator career?]. Maybe that could be the hint?!
    Also, in the trailer we had a bunch of older families like the Goths and the Pancakes appear, but there was a bunch of new families and lots. I'm not sure if the surroundings around those houses are new or not, tho. (One of the houses seems to be an apartment, I don't think they would use previous pack worlds in a new packs trailer).
    Or maybe hte new world is only coming in the next expansion pack?
    I think they were referring to the weekend and world because they were coming out with weekend trials for expansions packs. But I certainly hope we do get a new world with the gamepack, I’m dying for more lots and worlds.
  • Options
    Simmer4000Simmer4000 Posts: 27 Member
    I still have hopes for a new world with the pack. As many have mentioned, the main feature being solely the career makes the pack look like a stuff pack. I’m hoping to be surprised later in the update.
  • Options
    MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    edited May 2021
    I know that worlds are a selling point for some simmers, a few mentioned that they bought a pack mainly for the world it came with. EA must have realized the same so i feel they would have mentioned it if this pack does come with a new world.
  • Options
    AlanSimsAlanSims Posts: 713 Member
    I think this game pack is more focused on the gameplay and having to go to all the worlds to do that job. I don't see the point of having a new world even though those are always welcome in my game.
  • Options
    No world confirmed
  • Options
    Anchor283Anchor283 Posts: 18 Member
    A new world would be nice. I'm bored of all my current worlds. I really miss ts3 layouts.
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Yep, no world. Cannot say I am surprised, though.
  • Options
    I was hoping for a world with lots of fixer uppers for all the people that don’t want to redecorate the builds we already have
  • Options
    @LenaDieters I guess they thought the game already had enough crap for us to fix hahahah XD
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    No new world was mentioned in the livestream so it can be assumed there won't be one.
  • Options
    itoldusoitolduso Posts: 60 Member
    I am not convinced of the Gp, but if it comes with a grimy, construction site world...I would buy it!

I would love this if that was the case.

This pack seems more geared to the builders. Lots of new build mode items.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    I was hoping for a world with lots of fixer uppers for all the people that don’t want to redecorate the builds we already have

The renovations happen in all worlds equally, they are not restricted to just one world. You can ignore redecoration requests for builds you wish to keep intact, or send your sim alone. Or you could play the career in a separate save filled with buildings you don't mind renovating.