Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

May 25 - #DreamHomeDecorator Livestream

Comments

• calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    HopeyStarr wrote: »
    Okay, but why do males always get the short end of the stick in cas? Has this been explained?

Because The Sims is a girls' game, apparently.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited May 2021
    I'm a bit conflicted. It doesn't really feel like it has enough gamelay for a gamepack. Sadly, the kid's tent is just recycled animations and it really bothers me that they didn't put a toddler bed that matches the furniture of the pack in it. More importantly, one that matches the bunk beds of the pack. I'm also bothered by the fact that the walkin closets aren't animated. I was hoping sims quickly browsed through their clothes before changing. The NPC client fading out of existence also really bothered me, why didn't they code him to go to the edge of the lot? The mini reveal trailer is phenomenal though, I loved that.

Favorites looks amazing though it's not really part of the pack. It really reminds me of the "Interests" of TS2 and I'm all for it. I'm not sure I like how easily it is to change them though, because it makes them not feel as impactful and meaningful which is a problem TS4 has as a whole, with things not mattering. But they are well done overall and I'm really exited for them.

EDIT: The CAS for males was really disappointing, maybe a side from one top asset and the slightly baggy cargo pants. The short hairstyle is almost exactly the same as a City Living hair.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    It looks a bit better than I expected, but I still don't foresee ever using the career. But, there were just a few things from BB and CAS that I liked, so it moved from a "hell no" to a "maybe someday on sale" for me.

On the other hand, the likes/dislikes system is amazing, and the new hair is great, so I can't complain too much when I will have such good free updates to entertain me a bit until the EP.
  • OutlawWomanOutlawWoman Posts: 156 Member
    Well, after seeing more, I don't hate it, but I don't like it enough to buy it either. The most important thing to me is that the likes and dislikes are Base Game.

If I ever do buy this, it will have to be during a sale and part of a bundle while getting another EP and SP. I'm running low on optional GPs anyway, because a lot of them don't appeal to me. Of the ten GPs (including this one), there are four I own and four I would not consider buying. This and one other I would consider adding to a bundle. So that's not too bad.

I'm glad others are enthusiastic about this pack though.
    edited May 2021
    I honestly don't know why some people on the stream were saying the pack has "a lot of content". It's literally one career, one favorites tab that you'll often only use for the career since it relates to decor styles, and modular furniture that it'll likely get patched or put into a kit but with a different style.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    After watching the livestream, the pack does seem better than I intially expected. Like it's not a hard "absolutely not, why does this exist" anymore, like it was when it was first announced.

The sectional sofas look great, as do the closests and clutter, but for me at least, there's still not enough for me to go out and buy it. I might consider getting it on a 50% off sale or entering some giveaways for it, but it's defintely not worth more than $10 to me. And that's a consideration I might make only after I wait it out until enough people have bought, played and reviewed it.

Overall, it's still on my "not likely to buy" scale.

The likes and dislikes system however seems amazing and I can't wait for the patch. I'm very much looking forward to that.
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    As I expected, the BB is beautiful. The idea behind the career is amazing, but it doesn't really made me want to get it at a full price.

I look forward to the patch!
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    For me, it is probably a pack to buy on sale. I wouldn't use the career in my rotation save, so I would have to start an entirely new one.

I think lots of players will have fun with this though.

And I will eventually want the stuff.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Okay, but why do males always get the short end of the stick in cas? Has this been explained?

According to the sims team everyone who plays the game is a 12 year old girl
  • GoseGose Posts: 40 Member
    This is the first time I have watched the live stream, and I was still in conflict with myself "do I really want to reveal everything..." Usually, browsing through CAS and buy and figuring out everything new is usually one of my favorite parts of a new pack. But I was way too curious for this one, and also I figured it saved me some time used exploring, and I can move directly into the game.

I am going to overplay this career, I love decorating and redecorating. Even better with a challenge. And the modular EVERYTHING. The designs of objects is also right up my alley, mostly building modern houses with a Scandinavian vibe to it.

I have one big hope though, that the "like" system will add gaining fun to activities they like. For example with painting. I hate my creative Sims not gaining fun from painting.
    Sign.jpg
    I build things.
    Gallery ID: skustadmoe
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    It'll be interesting to see the additions to likes and dislikes when you have all the past packs as well. Remember this is just the pack and new game pack they showed.

I kept thinking "where are all the objects?" when SimGuruJill made a choice but these days one picture of an object like a kitchen overhead cabinet or a painting has several choices to pick from and all the objects from other packs were missing.
  • PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    edited May 2021
    Honestly, I'm still conflicted about the career. The livestream didn't really sell it for me.

Also, I'm not sure if I missed it, or whether it was mentioned at all (I tabbed out on occasion) but when you complete a renovation gig, does the lot stay that way until you either get another gig at the same lot or just edit the lot from the manage world tab? Because I'd rather it didn't save after each one. Will there be a toggle in the settings for this?

A lot of players have already rebuilt and renovated different lots in our game. I know it was mentioned that we can avoid certain lots if we wanted, but I'd also like to give the career a decent go without messing up all of the lots that I've already renovated.

I still plan to pick up the pack because I still love the build/buy and CAS content, but I'm not so sure I'm feeling this career.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
    Honestly, I'm still conflicted about the career. The livestream didn't really sell it for me.

Also, I'm not sure if I missed it, or whether it was mentioned at all (I tabbed out on occasion) but when you complete a renovation gig, does the lot stay that way until you either get another gig at the same lot or just edit the lot from the manage world tab? Because I'd rather it didn't save after each one. Will there be a toggle in the settings for this?

A lot of players have already rebuilt and renovated different lots in our game. I know it was mentioned that we can avoid certain lots if we wanted, but I'd also like to give the career a decent go without messing up all of the lots that I've already renovated.

I still plan to pick up the pack because I still love the build/buy and CAS content, but I'm not so sure I'm feeling this career.

They said something about being able to avoid houses you don't want to touch, so I got the idea that it DOES save.
  • PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    They said something about being able to avoid houses you don't want to touch, so I got the idea that it DOES save.

I was under that impression, I just hope it's not the case otherwise it's going to be pretty restrictive for those of us who have already spent a lot of time renovating our worlds, and don't want to change certain lots.

Fingers crossed we get a toggle!
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
    Yes, found it. It's at about 26:09 in the video.

"Real quick on the gig picker, it is going to show you the household that is offering the gig, so you can choose what household you're going to. And it's pulling from everyone in the world. So if you have a household that you really care about and you're like, "No, I don't want to touch that house. I really love it." You can ignore that household completely from the gig picker."

That totally gives me the impression that it will save.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member

I was under that impression, I just hope it's not the case otherwise it's going to be pretty restrictive for those of us who have already spent a lot of time renovating our worlds, and don't want to change certain lots.

Fingers crossed we get a toggle!

Might be a good idea to do a "Save" on the lot before the Decorator gets to redesign it if so! Then you could put the original back after.
  • keFUNKNEY101keFUNKNEY101 Posts: 658 Member
    It's sad the developers have to cheat and work circles around the broken game systems to show them off. That girl was dancing and feeling playful to the music she didn't like, and Jill cheated the playful moodlets away so she'd be stressed instead. Or when they showed off the renovation and the sim routed outside instead. How embarassing.
    It's sad the developers have to cheat and work circles around the broken game systems to show them off. That girl was dancing and feeling playful to the music she didn't like, and Jill cheated the playful moodlets away so she'd be stressed instead. Or when they showed off the renovation and the sim routed outside instead. How embarassing.

Yes, tbh that left a really bad taste in my mouth. Obviously that has nothing to do with this pack, but then you have to ask yourself if you're going to enjoy the pack when the BG is so finicky and broken.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • edgy_princessa_edgy_princessa_ Posts: 26 Member
    > @EA_Leeloo said:
    > Sul sul Simmers!
    >
    > Today is the day - join us for the #DreamHomeDecorator Livestream at 11 AM PT / 6 PM UTC! 😃🎉
    >
    > http://twitch.tv/thesims

I'm so excited for this pack! I watched the livestream from start to finish after it officially ended so I could pause & look at certain parts better. I absolutely love the Likes/Dislikes feature & am even more OBSESSED with the new items in this pack since I build so much😍 Now I'm just wondering when the update scheduled for late May is coming because I initially thought it dropped today😂
    I'm so excited for this pack! I watched the livestream from start to finish after it officially ended so I could pause & look at certain parts better. I absolutely love the Likes/Dislikes feature & am even more OBSESSED with the new items in this pack since I build so much😍 Now I'm just wondering when the update scheduled for late May is coming because I initially thought it dropped today😂
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,703 Member
    @edgy_princessa_ the patch will be out on Thursday, 5/27.
    @simgirl1010 thank you so much❤
  • NoTalentNoTalent Posts: 384 Member
    edited May 2021

Just go into your local clothing store. Men will have a single wall and females will have the rest of the store. But, yeah, there is a reason why male Sims are fewer in number than female. Men have nothing and get nothing. Same hairstyle repeated over and over, same clothes, same everything.

Edit: Just watched the Stream, likes/dislikes limited to 20. Of course. Back to using a mod that does not have this stupid limitation.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited May 2021
    I'm surprised they didn't give much of a mention of the new hair swatches considering that's coming in 2 days. I would've thought they'd give more attention to that since it's such a highly requested feature but we haven't even seen the swatches properly yet
    @Onverser I thought they would have spent a bit more time on that too. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy with the pack exploration, but I really would have liked to have seen more on those swatches.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top