Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Spa Day or Dine Out?

Comments

• Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Spa Day
    It's a really, really tough call for me, as I use both of these packs all the time. That being said, Spa Day just barely gets an edge, because (unlike Dine Out), none of its objects, features, or locations have ever been the slightest bit buggy for me.

Also, I use the wellness skill on almost all of my sims. Mind you, I also take most of my sims to both restaurants and spas all the time, but... for everyday use and play on the home lot, the wellness skill is a little more versatile.

Honestly, though, I would find it difficult to play without either at this point.
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    Dine Out
    Dine Out as I love placing restaurants and taking my Sims for a nice night out. Hopefully they’ve fixed the bugs. I might get Spa Day at some point but I think I’d only use it occasionally as a treat. I’d rather go eating! 😎
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • JyotaiJyotai Posts: 505 Member
    edited May 2021
    Dine Out
    The only reason I bought Spa Day was because it kept showing up in gallery content downloads and I got tired of builds with so many things I had to fix.

Now that I have it, that still seems to be the only value I got out of it. Most of the build items in it I don't even care for - so it's mostly just there so I don't get an error message on grabbing something from the gallery, can then go in, and see the bland stuff rather than an empty spot, and manually know what to replace.

If the game provided some kind of market for "we removed a chair from right here" I would not have bought Spa Day...

Dine out on the other hand added a lot of new play for me and I use the build and CAS items from it all the time.

Restaurants make sense for me as a place for Sims to go often. Spas seem about as 'normal' of a visit spot as having a Pack for the DMV. Except, at least everybody has to go to the DMV a few times now and then - Spas are just too obscure.

Still not sure what the Wellness skill even does for my sims.

I've been trying to add yoga mats and meditation things to various builds - but they're just not something I relate to so they always feel like oddball additions and the yoga mat and meditation seat "footprints" in build mode are both about 300x bigger than the actual object, so unless you turn on the bb.moveobjects cheat you can fit about 1 every 2 lots and that's it.
    I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:
  • inkyvioletinkyviolet Posts: 147 Member
    I have accepted Dine Out's shortcomings and use it frequently, especially if my Sims have 24 hours free.
    It's my go to romance setting to lock in that sim, romantically
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Dine Out
    I enjoy both. But if I had to choose, Dine Out for sure. I'm not sure what's buggy about it currently? I just played last night as owner and also going to a restaurant. Everyone received their meals in a timely manner. I do have to stop my sims from talking for them to eat up!
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
    Dine Out
    I enjoy both. But if I had to choose, Dine Out for sure. I'm not sure what's buggy about it currently? I just played last night as owner and also going to a restaurant. Everyone received their meals in a timely manner. I do have to stop my sims from talking for them to eat up!

They take a long time to eat meals when you go as a guest to a restaurant. It was annoying because I’d send my Sims on their day off from work so they had time to stay there. Had to stop going in the evening. They said they fixed it but I’m not ready to try.

• BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Dine Out

They take a long time to eat meals when you go as a guest to a restaurant. It was annoying because I’d send my Sims on their day off from work so they had time to stay there. Had to stop going in the evening. They said they fixed it but I’m not ready to try.

I see. I can't remember what happens going as guest but I do know that they won't really eat if they're talking. I have to stop their conversation for them to eat.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Dine Out
    Dine Out 100%, running restaurants is an essential imo. Spa Day is very take it or leave it
  • polishsimmepolishsimme Posts: 20 Member
    I don't own dine out, but I was surprised with how, well, RELAXING spa day is! Buuuuut I might be a bitbiased because I'm a sucker for spa, sauna,etc in irl too 😆
  • talongirl6talongirl6 Posts: 184 Member
    Dine Out
    I would definitely suggest Dine Out! It works a lot better now, I've noticed. And it allows your Sims to go on dates at restaurants, which is one of my favorite parts of the pack. However, just know that it is kind of difficult to get the talking about the food objectives done at these dates now that Sims eat faster. You have to make sure to talk about those things quickly so that your Sims don't eat all their food before that. Other than that, it's a great pack!
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Spa Day
    This was really hard to answer. I picked spa day but only just. I get use out of both packs equally and they are both very good. I love sending my sims to spas and as well as restaurants. With dine out I love how you can customise the restaurants to what you want them to be.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    I can't choose one over the other because both packs add so much to the game and give our Sims different activities. Spa Day adds the wellness skill with yoga and meditation, visiting a spa for a sauna or a massage. Dine Out offers the ability to build a variety of places for romantic dinners or taking the entire family out to eat. Both packs are very important to me.
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    I am one of the people who can't choose. DO is essential to me, because as someone already said, there are not many places that make sense for your Sims to dress fancy and while I have a number of restaurants in all my saves, there is one that is a staple: Stargazers (formerly the Stargazer Lounge in San Myshuno). For some reason I don't get tired of my Sims having romantic dates there, especially to ask to start a relationship or propose and then take a picture together with the skyline in the background ...
    But Spa Day is so good as well. Not only to have a Spa, but also for the functionality of just placing the instructor mat and a few yoga mats in any gym and the game start to schedule yoga classes there. Also, the BB is great, especially the tiles, I could not do without those. Oh, and it comes with a special wall and flooring that has a wonderful glow and looks great in pools! The only thing I am still upset about, is that there is no Wellness aspiration, but the Wellness skill itself comes with a couple of great recipes, the ability to influence other Sims' emotions and teleporting. So, my answer is: Wait for a sale and get both. :D
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 761 Member
    Dine Out
    DO is my favorite GP. I just go to restaurants a lot in my game . I also enjoy owning restaurants. But the most use I get out of it is going to restaurants. I have them scattered around a lot of worlds.

I think Spa Day is also a good pack. Yoga is just fun to watch. Best animation in the sims 4. New woohoo and death. I also like to have my sims visit spas and use them on vacation.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    i would go with both
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • wormofthebookwormofthebook Posts: 176 Member
    edited May 2021
    Spa Day
    Spa day for sure; the build/buy items are really good and versatile for most builds (and I like incorporating yoga and the meditation stools in home gyms and commercial gyms as well). Dine out still has some bugs which makes the otherwise enjoyable pack hard to play with (restaurant experience takes hours, sims getting up from their seats, waiters never delivering order).

If you do enjoy the running a business aspect of dine out, then you would like this pack (and the ownership part of the pack is less buggy imo). If you’re more into build/buy and like the wellness aspect (yoga/massage table/meditation), then spa day would be the better pack.
    ldauop39735.png
  • NightlyCoffeeNightlyCoffee Posts: 455 Member
    Dine Out
    This is one of the hardest polls for me, because I love both of these gamepacks.

Dine Out offers a great location for dates and family nights, plus I find owning restaurants to be extremely fun. I have over ten restaurants scattered throughout my world, all with different food types to "spice" things up.

I love Spa Day though, too. Wellness is one of my favorite skills, and I love treating my sims to a nice, relaxing spa day. Spa Day, imo, has a great build catalog. The kitchen is one of my favorite sets.
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    Spa Day
    You probably already made the choice, but I recommend 'Spa Day'... I would normally say 'Dine Out', but that pack currently has so many bugs and glitches that make it nearly unplayable.

Spa Day and Dine Out are my two favorite game packs (if you don't include bugs or glitches).
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    Spa Day
    I guess I'm biased because I don't have Dine Out. I just love Spa Day. I can't explain why, but something about seeing my sims do Yoga makes me smile every time. The Wellness skill is fun, and the BB is wonderful. Another thing I noticed is that when my sims get plump they seem to slim down quicker when doing Yoga. Of course, that may be just my perception. Also, they don't get such huge muscles from doing Yoga.

I like to combine my Gyms with Yoga equipment, it's fun seeing them go to the Yoga Class or get a massage.
  • silentcyborgsilentcyborg Posts: 210 Member
    Spa Day
    You may have made the decision already, but Spa day definitely. Sadly, dine out is buggy, and seems to break as often as it's fixed. I think a nice replacement for dine out is get together's cafes, if you really want somewhere for your sims to catch up and eat. There's also lounges and bars etc - not the same, but I feel I use those a lot more than dine out. If you really want dine out, I'd recommend waiting until it's half price.

I also feel spa day adds a lot of cas options that are useful too - while there is fitness stuff/discover uni, I still use a lot of Spa Day's outfits. Whereas with dine out, it's a little more dated now imo, including the build/buy. The BB for spa day is better designed I think, especially the kitchen counters. The wall/floor tiles are also something I struggle to build without, especially if I'm designing public bathrooms, and the wood swatches are lovely.

Gameplay in general is also a lot more solid in spa day. There's multiple items and also a few hidden surprises like the mood-modifying incense sticks and the drinks tray.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,504 Member
    Dine Out
    I have been out of the dating scene for 47 years, so please bear with me. How many people go out on a date to a spa? Maybe a ladies night out, perhaps, but how many couples chose a spa? I think going out to dine is more often than not what a couple will choose for a date. And while I do enjoy the Spa in my game, I have to confess I don't send Sims there very often.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    edited May 2021
    Dine Out
    I have been out of the dating scene for 47 years, so please bear with me. How many people go out on a date to a spa? Maybe a ladies night out, perhaps, but how many couples chose a spa? I think going out to dine is more often than not what a couple will choose for a date. And while I do enjoy the Spa in my game, I have to confess I don't send Sims there very often.
    I agree, a spa wouldn’t be my first choice for a date. A restaurant definitely which is why I like Dine Out.
    Spas for me are retreats. I’d go with a friend.

• telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    Dine Out

I agree. The spa is where you go with your bridesmaids or girlfriends to primp for a special occasion. Or maybe just to do a yoga class.
  • ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    edited May 2021
    Spa Day
    I find a lot of use for Wellness and Massage equipment. Even have separate room for it.
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
  • troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    Both are good. Dine out allows you to run a restaurant or just attend. Tip, add additional chef stations, food is served quicker. I also love spa day too, so get both
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱