Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I feel bad for Vlad

ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
I was talking about Vlad on another post and I realised how much miss him pestering my Sims.

I know updates have made changes to the frequency of vampire visits but I now I see him about once a week trying to get inside one of my houses. I feel bad for Vlad.

Does anyone else miss Vlad coming round or are you glad he’s been ‘spoken to’.

😎
Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞

Comments

• Options
    KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    edited May 2021
    How often would you like to see him? I love Vampires, but I wouldn't want to have him visit every night. Sometimes I want to play without Vampires being a central focus. What is reasonable? I've thought about this since it was nerfed and I haven't come up with a definitive answer. What do other people think?
    Post edited by Kironide on
  • Options
    I think twice a Sim week would be okay. I didn’t like him coming every night, especially when there’s only one Sim in the house!
  • Options
    Yeah, your sims would be really miserable. Twice a week seems good.

You know, I would really love more vampire gameplay. It would be so interesting if your Sims could sometime resist the thrall and escape or freeze them with a Sim Ray or cast a spell for Spellcasters, especially if they had a high meditation skill and thus a strong will. I know it won't happen, but I dream... often.
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    I was talking about Vlad on another post and I realised how much miss him pestering my Sims.

I know updates have made changes to the frequency of vampire visits but I now I see him about once a week trying to get inside one of my houses. I feel bad for Vlad.

😎

Is he actually trying to get in, or does he show up, knock over the bin and leave? An actual break in slows you to speed 1, prevents you from leaving the lot, the vampire does the creepy walk etc. All I ever get is the zone in, use the grill, pool or anything else outside, then leave.
  • Options
    I've have had him break in twice in the last rl week and suck blood from my Sims. :)
  • Options
    Kironide wrote: »
    I've have had him break in twice in the last rl week and suck blood from my Sims. :)

Can you send him my way please D:
  • Options
    MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    I am so bummed out. I bought the vampires pack about a year ago and yet i did not even have one single break in. I was excited when vlad finally showed up outside one of my households, but the whole family was hanging on the front lawn at the time so he just walked up to the house, stared at it for a bit, and then left right away! Pffft. He needs to get his act together and get his timing right.
  • Options
    polishsimmepolishsimme Posts: 20 Member
    This happens SOOOO rarely these days:(
    I just got City Living pack and got sooo excited that Vlad finally came and fed on my sim 😂 first one in like a year or so
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    CelSims wrote: »

😎

Is he actually trying to get in, or does he show up, knock over the bin and leave? An actual break in slows you to speed 1, prevents you from leaving the lot, the vampire does the creepy walk etc. All I ever get is the zone in, use the grill, pool or anything else outside, then leave.

Most of the time it’s a break in. I put the grills away at night in the inventory but on lots with a pool he’ll sometimes pop along for a swim or if no pool he’ll kick the bin. Mostly he’s breaking in. Now it’s so infrequent.

The game does go to speed 1 during a break in which is how I got to know. I love the creepy walk. (I’d love to put in the burglar tune from Sims 3 when he comes)

• Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    I don't know what's wrong with my game, but my sims have never been visited by Vlad, not once, even though he's still around and I play with him sometimes. It's always Caleb Vatore (or Vasmer Balke, as he's called in my game) who comes knocking on the door, then politely waits there for a while and leaves eventually if I ignore him. Only one time did he enter a non-occult home uninvited and wake up one of the sims there to drink from her, but that happened years ago and never again.

I used to get texts from vampires complimenting my non-vampire sims on their beautiful necks, but that, too, hasn't happened in a while.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    I don't know what's wrong with my game, but my sims have never been visited by Vlad, not once, even though he's still around and I play with him sometimes. It's always Caleb Vatore (or Vasmer Balke, as he's called in my game) who comes knocking on the door, then politely waits there for a while and leaves eventually if I ignore him. Only one time did he enter a non-occult home uninvited and wake up one of the sims there to drink from her, but that happened years ago and never again.

I used to get texts from vampires complimenting my non-vampire sims on their beautiful necks, but that, too, hasn't happened in a while.

I never seen the Vatores break in. I’ve been playing the same save file for a couple of years. I can’t remember if they did before. Vlad always has.

Caleb and Lilith usually turn up in the welcome wagon. Caleb is a frequent walk by but it’s only been Vlad that turns up to pester. Maybe it’s random per new game?

• Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    I was quite surprised myself, given that Caleb is supposed to be the friendly vegetarian vampire who just wants to get along with his mortal neighbours, as opposed to Vlad who views them as prey. But then again, I did change a few things when I incorporated the premade vampires into my played world, such as their names and traits, so it's likely that Vlad is still the designated "main vampire" in every new save, but my changes unintentionally caused the game to view Caleb as such.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    I don't know if its relevant or just random co-incidence, but I've noticed in my game that Vlad appears more frequently to feed in Oasis Springs and San Myshuno.

Edited for typos
    Post edited by Kironide on
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Kironide wrote: »
    I don't know if its relevant or just random co-incidence, but I've noticed in my game that Paka'a Vlad appears more frequently to feed in Oasis Springs and San Myshuno.

He pops up in Willow Creek, Forgotten Hollow and StrangerVille for me. I don’t play Oasis Springs a lot.

I took out City Living to get Cats & Dogs and Get Together in. I can’t remember if Vlad turned up in the city, my Sims were always out. Plus can he get in apartments?

Since they changed I rarely see any of the vampires. Vlad used to know most people but he hasn’t come across many new Sims I have made. I got Cats & Dogs this year and regularly play the Hecking couple in Brindleton Bay. Vlad’s not been there once.

• Options
    I've never had a break in with the Vatores, though they do come calling for social reasons at night.
  • Options
    No I’ve never had the Vatores breaking in either. Caleb is more social than Lilith.
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    edited May 2021
    I have never had any of the premade vampires break in. I wonder if it is because I play them?

The only time it has happened it was an elderly woman vampire in a pink nightie. 😆
  • Options
    AmeliaToddAmeliaTodd Posts: 226 Member
    edited May 2021
    I was quite surprised myself, given that Caleb is supposed to be the friendly vegetarian vampire who just wants to get along with his mortal neighbours, as opposed to Vlad who views them as prey. But then again, I did change a few things when I incorporated the premade vampires into my played world, such as their names and traits, so it's likely that Vlad is still the designated "main vampire" in every new save, but my changes unintentionally caused the game to view Caleb as such.

I had Caleb come over without changing anything, Lilith too, several times in the past, on a fresh half an hour into the game saves. Lilith hasn't shown herself much lately, but Caleb has.

To me the most funny part is when they come and the household is not asleep, they chat, clean, help kids with homework too.
  • Options
    To me the most funny part is when they come and the household is not asleep, they chat, clean, help kids with homework too.

LOL :D I've had them wash dishes and take out the trash/rubbish before, but not help with the kids. That's just made my day!
  • Options
    verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    Your sims need to be asleep for a "break-in" and blood letting to occur
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • Options
    verlainem wrote: »
    Your sims need to be asleep for a "break-in" and blood letting to occur

Ye I make a point of having my sims be in bed 10pm-3am which is when they need to be for a break in. My current sim is the son of a vampire and socializes with them a lot. I'm still waiting for a break in or offer to turn.
  • Options
    Anchor283Anchor283 Posts: 18 Member
    I've had Vlad call twice asking me to come over because he has an "important question" to ask me.....
  • Options
    SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    I don’t miss him at all, lol. :D
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    edited May 2021
    He works as a barista in my game. :D
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I was playtesting a vet office I made last night and forgot to lock the doors to vampires. Vlad showed up smoked himself into the business and made himself at home on the computer while my sim was playing upgrade it (sinks and stuff) with the business closed. It wasn't a break in though because the lot didn't go on build/buy lock down. I guess he was just checking the place out because he could. No one else was wandering in and out though only the big baddie himself.
    egTcBMc.png