Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do I remove the technology from the Sims 4?

I see a lot of debate threads flying around that don't have much to do with the Sims 4 right now, but the question I'm asking is legitimate. I am a little concerned by the forced "surrounded by technology" feel of the Sims 4. Yes we have huge advance in technology now-a-days that should be represented in the game, but it seems as if there is little option to not have it in game. Without gaining "fun" from the painting skill there are few options to raise a sim's "fun bar" without watching TV or playing on a computer or with the dreaded smartphone. Reading a book seems to take too long, and it would be nice to have a few different options at hand. I noticed they removed the "technophobe" trait, probably because a sim with that trait would keel over as soon as it was spawned in the game. It's great that our sims can enjoy the latest and greatest in modern technology, but they should also be allowed to enjoy all the comforts of life without technology as well!

Comments

• PixelatedPlumbobPixelatedPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    I agree. Cell phones should be optional, and newspapers should still be in the game.
  • lynnylynny Posts: 1,141 Member
    I agree with you on this. I hate the cell phones in Sims 3 and if I could sell those right off the bat I would. I would understand if computer whiz sims got the negative moodlet when they've not played with their phone for awhile, but every sim I play gets it at some point - even the technophobes, which I thought wasn't supposed to happen.
  • CrowRidgeStudioCrowRidgeStudio Posts: 233 Member
    edited August 2014
    I agree too. Cell phones should be optional only, IMO. What if we want to play a technophobe sim? An historical themed neighborhood? Or simply don't like or use cell phones ourselves?
  • enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    This is a legit concern. Dragon Valley, for example... 'Nuff said!
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • mulboromulboro Posts: 2,012 Member
    This was an annoyance in 3 as well. I never liked being in Dragon Valley and having elves on their phones all the time.
    What'd you just say??
    8d7.gif
  • lynnylynny Posts: 1,141 Member
    enkeli63 wrote: »
    This is a legit concern. Dragon Valley, for example... 'Nuff said!

Absolutely! I rarely play Dragon Valley because I hate the technology that's forced into it.
  • syg1523syg1523 Posts: 102 Member
    I always play historical/fantasy playthroughs in the Sims 4, and it drives me crazy that my sims keep using their phones, taking selfies and playing games on it. There are mods out there that forces your sims to stop using tech, but wish there was an option available in-game that allows you to opt out of your sims depending on tech.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,851 Member
    Agreed! It would be nice to turn it off-- and to have more of the computer "order" options available through the mailbox.

I like having my sims listen to music, dance, and play instruments for fun. If one sim is playing an instrument (and is skilled) other sims can listen and enjoy, without having to use stereos. If you have City Living they can practice singing too.
    The card game and chess are fun. A few more non-tech games come with Get Together and Outdoor Retreat: darts, Don't Wake the Llama, horseshoes.
    Soccer and basketball.
    Don't forget swimming, fishing, cloudgazing and stargazing :)
  • Anchor283Anchor283 Posts: 18 Member
    > @Aoralys said:
    > I see a lot of debate threads flying around that don't have much to do with the Sims 4 right now, but the question I'm asking is legitimate. I am a little concerned by the forced "surrounded by technology" feel of the Sims 4. Yes we have huge advance in technology now-a-days that should be represented in the game, but it seems as if there is little option to not have it in game. Without gaining "fun" from the painting skill there are few options to raise a sim's "fun bar" without watching TV or playing on a computer or with the dreaded smartphone. Reading a book seems to take too long, and it would be nice to have a few different options at hand. I noticed they removed the "technophobe" trait, probably because a sim with that trait would keel over as soon as it was spawned in the game. It's great that our sims can enjoy the latest and greatest in modern technology, but they should also be allowed to enjoy all the comforts of life without technology as well!

You can dance, sing, read, paint, guitar, work out (with the reward trait). Lots of ways to entertain.
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    Besides the forced cellphone, I find Sims 4 has plenty of options for technology free Sims. I mean off the grid is in the base game, and I find there's plenty of skills that don't require technology. But yes, I wish the smartphone was an optional purchase for 1000 simoleons or something.
  • EA_LannaEA_Lanna Posts: 3,867 EA Community Manager
    Hi folks, we're going to lock this as the threads 7 years old, quite the necro. However if you'd like to chat more on this, feel free to open a new thread. Thanks.
    • New Simmers, take a moment to read through this thread.
    • The Help Center is hosted on Answers HQ. Check out EA_Mage's thread on why.
    • Please post all Sims 4 Bug Reports, Technical and Gameplay issues in the AHQ Sims 4 Section.
    • Here is a quick link to The Sims forum rules
    oa2aib6yaucg.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top