Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Courtyard Oasis is gorgeous!

Anyone else wish we had more Moroccan build/buy items? I'd love matching furniture for the whole house! Such a gorgeous kit. <3

Comments

• texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I think i'll get this one when the home decorator gp is out. I'll buy both.
  • WerescytheWerescythe Posts: 157 Member
    I will confess that I have... considered buying the Oasis pack since I am currently playing an Egyptian themed vampire character, however I'm not too sure.
    I'm probably one of the rare few here, but I love using the occult aspects in my Sims 4 games. xD
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    It's really one of the most beautiful and detailed sets ever. Brings TS4 to a new graphic level.
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    edited May 2021
    Werescythe wrote: »
    I will confess that I have... considered buying the Oasis pack since I am currently playing an Egyptian themed vampire character, however I'm not too sure.

I did that in sims3! My vampire guy would travel to Al Simhara to find and claim all his ancestor's treasures in the tombs. ahhh good times.

Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    It is actually a stunning pack. If it weren't for my general reservations concerning kit packs, I would certainly have bought it.

Actually, it isn't even that niche, it works great for not only a Moroccan Palace, but also for spas, restaurants, pools or just revamping all of the Oasis Springs lots. The new tiles that come with it are also really well done and super versatile for kitchens and bathrooms.

In my opinion, it's the best kit they offered so far.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    I wasn't sure about this pack initially, despite the fact that it looked very good. It is beautiful, now we just need a new world to go with it.
  • SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    I like this kit too. The colors are beautiful. The builds that I've seen using it have been nice.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    There are quite a few Moorish-styled items scattered throughout base game and DLC, including Journey to Baatu (since that is based on the Galaxy's Edge attraction, and the Imagineers incorporated Moorish design influences, particularly in lighting) and City Living especially.

The lot which demonstrates the kit, and which Maxis placed on the Gallery, is splendid and VAST - five bedrooms? That's a lot! - and while I notice an error with one segment of wall missing between a stairwell and a study on the second story, that's easily mended.

The build itself is gorgeous, and easily one of the most opulent high-end residential lots they've ever put in the game. I agree, the art team knocked it out of the park with Courtyard Oasis - best $5 I ever spent.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    Sindocat wrote: »
    There are quite a few Moorish-styled items scattered throughout base game and DLC, including Journey to Baatu (since that is based on the Galaxy's Edge attraction, and the Imagineers incorporated Moorish design influences, particularly in lighting) and City Living especially.

The lot which demonstrates the kit, and which Maxis placed on the Gallery, is splendid and VAST - five bedrooms? That's a lot! - and while I notice an error with one segment of wall missing between a stairwell and a study on the second story, that's easily mended.

The build itself is gorgeous, and easily one of the most opulent high-end residential lots they've ever put in the game. I agree, the art team knocked it out of the park with Courtyard Oasis - best $5 I ever spent.

I believe it's time for EA to add a custom collections feature to Build/Buy.
    That way we could build our own collections around a theme. You could take all the items from this pack and add anything else that fits from other packs and custom content.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited May 2021
    CK213 wrote: »

That way we could build our own collections around a theme. You could take all the items from this pack and add anything else that fits from other packs and custom content.

I agree. The new home decorator pack is a great opportunity to add custom collections.
  • KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    I think this would be a great idea! I'm forever hunting around for what I'm looking for in the game to create a certain look.

texxx78 wrote: »

I agree. The new home decorator pack is a great opportunity to add custom collections.

• ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I recently added this kit and yes, I think the items are very beautiful. I mixed some of the objects into the Pleasants' house to give it a funkier and more cosmopolitan style. I also think the tiles are great for bathrooms or spas. Someone can obviously convert Oasis Springs but yes, I'd be open to a world for it.

I'm just adding the items here and there in some houses for whom it makes sense or for those that are well-traveled. In the case of the Pleasants, I'm basically saying that the parents picked up the items while traveling.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • SnowBnuuySnowBnuuy Posts: 1,770 Member
    I don't think the items in the kit are something I'd use personally but I definitely think the items in it are gorgeous.
    they/them or she/her
  • WerescytheWerescythe Posts: 157 Member
    Werescythe wrote: »

I did that in sims3! My vampire guy would travel to Al Simhara to find and claim all his ancestor's treasures in the tombs. ahhh good times.

Yes... but does that mean that this pack is worth buying? O_O

Does it provide/enhance that feeling?
    I'm probably one of the rare few here, but I love using the occult aspects in my Sims 4 games. xD
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    Agree that we need custom collections or some other way to tag catalog items. I spend way too long looking for certain items. I could blame it on my generous amount of CC, but those items I can at least group by adjusting the price tag, so I normally find them rather easily.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • iliekponieziliekponiez Posts: 455 Member

That would be fantastic!

• ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited May 2021
    Anyone else wish we had more Moroccan build/buy items? I'd love matching furniture for the whole house! Such a gorgeous kit. <3

It’s the best kit and I would love more items as well.

Post edited by ncisGibbs02 on
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Anchor283Anchor283 Posts: 18 Member
    I'm so excited about it. I'm combining it with stuff from the Island pack! Chill vibes for days!