Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is in the 5th trait slot?

12346...Next

Comments

• Anchor283Anchor283 Posts: 18 Member
    > @Sthenastia said:
    > Maybe it will be a personality/temperament slot (Jung archetypes for example)

I doin't know if I replied correctly. This is my favorite idea. Although that could get messy. I can't name any personality traits off the top of my head but I definitely wish we had more options.
  • Anchor283Anchor283 Posts: 18 Member
    > @matheus_mar_1999 said:
    > This is not related to the new trait slot, it's from the "Story Mode"

The book is the story mode you can use to recreate your sim where their story is already started and their career and skills might be slightly developed based on the story
  • navyshadesnavyshades Posts: 15 Member
    > @Harukotyan said:
    > Looks like the person behind Likes/Dislikes is SimGuruConor! That explains a lot ))) And he mentioned they can come from gameplay. The only one thing I'm upset about - there's no creativity among children's likes/dislikes. How??? After all those drawing tables?

I feel like this surely must be an oversight that is going to be corrected before the patch. They had piano and keyboard but it makes no sense that drawing wouldn't be included.

I agree that it looks like we'll eventually gain more tabs for likes/dislikes. The fact that food wasn't included (which is such an obvious one and something that has been included in previous games) makes me wonder whether that will come with a future update. A farming pack with lots of fresh produce and new recipes passed down from grandma would be the perfect opportunity... just saying...!
  • somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    Peral wrote: »
    It can be good or very, very bad! Imagen you have two Sims who do not like the same things. Will they interact in a way that they keep changing channel on the TV or turn over to their favorite music on the juke box. Maybe fun at first but in the long run?!

This is why I would love there to be a grading of each like/dislike. Say your interest in a certain music style is from 0 (strong dislike) to 10 (strong like). If sim A likes POP = 8 he might turn the stereo to POP, but his partner B likes ROCK only 6, which would not be enough to bother switching the music style. You should not need to like something =10 for it to be a preference. If sim B dislikes POP =0 or =1, sim B might turn it off just because it was a strong dislike, and not because she wanted to listen to some specific style. I think it would make sense if such events happened in a home shared by a POP lover and a POP hater.

I think it's wrong if all has a strong music preference (strong like or strong dislike), because not all persons do care a lot. With only one household member having a strong music preference, it would not be a problem that sims fought over what music being played.

You can decide to not choose a music preference at all and spend all likes/dislikes on hobbies or colors, for example.

• texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    It's so good that we'll be getting this tomorrow!!