Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dream Home Decorator Positive Thoughts Thread

Comments

• Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Justin wrote: »
    I think I might cave and download some cc pillows if we don't get any. Those sofas are crying out for pillows.

Would be nice if they added standalone pillows as objects or something. We can then use MOO to place the pillows on the sofa. I know many, including myself don’t use CC so that would be a nice addition. Idk, just a thought :)

That would be nice.

I bet they didn't add cushions to any of the modular sofas because of the different ways of putting them together and different shapes.

Fair enough. Also I see folks "voice" how they wish there were no pillows. I like the idea of being able to to add pillows to chairs and couches if we want. <3
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Fair enough. Also I see folks "voice" how they wish there were no pillows. I like the idea of being able to to add pillows to chairs and couches if we want. <3
    Yes, and maybe on beds too :)

They gave us those cushions as a seat on the floor (toddler stuff pack maybe?) So maybe if they knew we wanted deco cushions they'd make some.
  • Options
    edited May 2021

Dream Home Decorator.....Sounds like a job for Barbie! I could add Barbie #4 (yes i have 3 barbie dolls in my game) to decorate all the homes and businesses! But...she may not listen and make everything pink! mwahahaha >:)

But for real, I'll have Barbie #4 be a home decorator. <3
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    Yes, and maybe on beds too :)

They gave us those cushions as a seat on the floor (toddler stuff pack maybe?) So maybe if they knew we wanted deco cushions they'd make some.

ah yes! I recently played a house from the gallery where they MOO those pillows to the foot of a single bed. Looked great and sims were able to sleep in the bed just fine.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    lori171957lori171957 Posts: 233 Member
    edited May 2021
    I hope the Pampas grass being grown by swingers is wrong, my Mum had a big clump in the front yard in the 60's. :D

I would like to thank Maxis/EA (I mean the workers) for making the game and continuing to bring out more packs. They might not always get it right, but it is a wonderful game. I have been playing since Sims 1 and apart from my family it is the best thing in my life. I am older player and was a stay at home parent. I love building, and I am doing more game play lately. I am super excited for this pack, I love modern furniture.

I sometimes wish they would just release it without the fanfare, because I am finding the wait very hard.

I have already remodled a retail outlet for furniture with a studio for design work. I am thinking a couple, one sells from the store while the other is the designer. And here I sit wishing my life away, hurry up 1st of June (2nd of June for us in Australia).
  • Options
    HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    lori171957 wrote: »
    I hope the Pampas grass being grown by swingers is wrong, my Mum had a big clump in the front yard in the 60's. :D .

Used to be a ton of it out on the edges of this old golf course we had here in town near my house. The climate here is very close to the climate of its native habitat and whoever owned the golf course had a heap ton planted along the margin of the course. Then the course was sold, was bought by a land trust in connection with our local university and they did a whole wetland restoration by digging up most of the course (which had been part of an old slough that was filled in) so the slough now comes up nearly to my house, and there's walking paths and really cute bridges all over it. Part of the restoration included bringing back native plants so I think almost all the pampas grass was rooted out as I haven't seen any since.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,924 Member
    @Karababy52 , thank you :smiley: Yeah the pool was not so practical , but I did kept the blue color at least :D
    ofrfHEM.png
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    @Ellupelluellu

May I make a suggestion? Try changinging the counter to something that suits the fridge/stove. If not that, change the stove/fridge to something suiting the ocunters, like the stove/fridge from Cool Kitchrn, just like the counters.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,924 Member
    MyriadSims wrote: »
    @Ellupelluellu

May I make a suggestion? Try changinging the counter to something that suits the fridge/stove. If not that, change the stove/fridge to something suiting the ocunters, like the stove/fridge from Cool Kitchrn, just like the counters.

Oh I am not keeping those :) That was just something blue I managed to find fast :) I'll use the new stove from the new pack :) And about the fridge, I did looked the Cool Kitchen one first, but if I remember right, there was no that bright blue version, why I took the JA fridge :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    MyriadSims wrote: »
    @Ellupelluellu

Oh I am not keeping those :) That was just something blue I managed to find fast :) I'll use the new stove from the new pack :) And about the fridge, I did looked the Cool Kitchen one first, but if I remember right, there was no that bright blue version, why I took the JA fridge :)

@Ellupelluellu oh yeah somehow i forgot about the fact that this pack has the best kitchen stuff in the game. I used the Harbinger counters as a placeholder until i get the pack.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    New types of couches are cool. New dresses & jewels are pretty. New hairstyles are very nice. And the new full moon portrait is amazing.
  • Options
    GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    I don't usually watch the Live Streams, so I'm a bit uneducated (with technology as a whole, actually :lol: ). Is there a way I can watch it afterwards as I probably won't be able to watch it live?

I'm sure there will be lots of posts on the forum about it so I'll be up to date, but I'd like to watch this I've myself because I'm excited about this pack. :smile:
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    I don't usually watch the Live Streams, so I'm a bit uneducated (with technology as a whole, actually :lol: ). Is there a way I can watch it afterwards as I probably won't be able to watch it live?

I'm sure there will be lots of posts on the forum about it so I'll be up to date, but I'd like to watch this I've myself because I'm excited about this pack. :smile:

Yes, you can watch later the recording on the sims channels on Twitch and Youtube.
  • Options
    GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »

Yes, you can watch later the recording on the sims channels on Twitch and Youtube.

Thank you @crocobaura :smile:
  • Options
    PurpleHeatherPurpleHeather Posts: 83 Member
    Very excited for the new build & buy items! I love the new patterns on the walls, curtains and bunk beds. I hope they will be shown during the livestream.
  • Options
    YunaYuna Posts: 231 Member
    edited May 2021
    I wonder if the fact that S5 is in progress there are some possibilities to convert or copy over these functions to S4 so its becoming more and more detailed and fresh because they somehow can use their programmed features in both games(which kinda speeds up the process of making S4 better?).
    Hope the whole snap object to object-thing will become more a thing in the Sims series. There would be so many possibilities :)
    Have to say the pack looks aesthetically very pleasing <3
  • Options
    crocobaura wrote: »

Is it on in 3.5 hrs?
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,871 Member
    2pm eastern time for me 4.5 hrs. Can't wait!
  • Options
    2pm eastern time for me 4.5 hrs. Can't wait!

Darn it! That means 7pm here. I was expecting it to be 6pm. A whole extra hour to wait lol.

I may have to go and buy Courtyard Oasis to get that new purchase buzz in the meantime haha.
  • Options
    I'm super excited!!!! Only 4.5 hours left!
  • Options
    SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    I already posted my thoughts on this pack in another thread. I am really really looking forward to this one. Not only is the build mode stuff fabulous but the career is a little different from most of the others. For those who get bored playing the game and really like building, this will give them the best of both worlds!
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • Options
    EA_LannaEA_Lanna Posts: 3,867 EA Community Manager
    edited May 2021
    Wow such a positive vibes thread . Love the energy <3

We've cleaned up and removed some posts that were a bit off-topic i.e. not on the positivity train or moderating peers. Keep in mind there is a thread to air your grievances in too if that's more your vibe. Threads for all moods!! :D Do report any posts that are off-topic vs responding and correcting others; we're reasonable people us moderators and will help it find it's rightful home. ;)

Ok, let's do our best to keep things on topic :smile:

Happy Simming o/
    • New Simmers, take a moment to read through this thread.
    • The Help Center is hosted on Answers HQ. Check out EA_Mage's thread on why.
    • Please post all Sims 4 Bug Reports, Technical and Gameplay issues in the AHQ Sims 4 Section.
    • Here is a quick link to The Sims forum rules
    oa2aib6yaucg.jpg

• Options
    HanneeHannee Posts: 36 Member
    I'm going to be at work during the stream :cry: so will be lurking the threads sneakily until I finish. I'm looking forward to seeing what they have planned!
  • Options
    Less than 2 hours! *squeals like a little girl*
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,871 Member
    edited May 2021
    Lol almost 1000 people already waiting for the Livestream to start. In 90 minutes. 😄

1600. 45 minutes.
    Post edited by simgirl1010 on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top