Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hi just your mostly friendly neighborhood simmer here to just deliver my 2 cents about the new GP

MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
Yes.

God yes.

Oh my God yes.

This pack is the greatest redemption pack you could have ever made, Sims Team. From Batewwwww to this, I'm impressed.
This pack has the best designs out of any pack except for the Oasis Courtyard, but this is super close second.
This pack was sent by The Sims Gods
This pack has the best new features yet,
god bless toaster ovens and seperated stoves.
this is the best day of my life.
Yes.
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    So you're happy paying GP prices for what is essentially an SP?

For me personally? Absolutely! I love to decorate/renovate houses because TS4 live mode bores me quickly, so being able to decorate/renovate with specific criteria directing me, that marries both live mode and BB cohesively to my personal game play.

I've always looked more at BB when deciding on a pack because I know how I play the game, I know how quickly I get bored with the limitations of TS4's sims and gameplay and I know that inevitably I'm going to end up renovating some lot my sim visits just because I either need specific items in there for my story or it's f-ugly and I can't stand to have it visually in my face while playing.

So yeah, well worth the money to me! I have bought every pack with the exception of Jtb and I can say that I have probably only used 1/4 of the actual "game play" feature that came with it.
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,775 Member
    edited May 2021
    As a player, not a builder, who really loves every B/B from JtB (sorry , not sorry) , I really think this pack has way more "stuff" than any official "stuffpack" has.

And anyway, @Oldeseadogge , in the end, isn't it people's own choice where they put their money at?? If it is two burger meals, or a GP.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    This pack doesn't excite me like Island Living and Snowy Escape did but I do like the buy build items,cas items and cas stuff. If you don't play the career though there isn't much different however I'm hoping we can hire an NPC Decorator. If we can't then that is a missed opportunity but prehaps a modder can make it happen. I've already talked to one modder about the possibilty if we don't have it in game.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    So you're happy paying GP prices for what is essentially an SP?

This is very subjective. This gp has more to it than any stuff pack, except maybe paranormal. In terms of gameplay and in a very calculistic point of view it looks like it has less than the other gps. So i would say that it stays in between sp and gp.

Anyway this is even more subjective when we think that people is happy paying for what makes them happy. This career excites me. So i'm happy paying 20 for it and i don't need to compare the amount of animations or bb and cc items. It's something that will simply make me happy...

Let's talk for example about jtb. I don't have it but it looks that it has content enough to be seen as a gp. But It's a theme i'm not interested at all. It won't make me happy. So for that one i'm not ok paying 20.
    But should i question others for having bought that one? No, what doesn't makes me happy, makes others happy.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    MyriadSims wrote: »
    Yes.

God yes.

Oh my God yes.

This pack is the greatest redemption pack you could have ever made, Sims Team. From Batewwwww to this, I'm impressed.
    This pack has the best designs out of any pack except for the Oasis Courtyard, but this is super close second.
    This pack was sent by The Sims Gods
    This pack has the best new features yet,
    god bless toaster ovens and seperated stoves.
    this is the best day of my life.
    Yes.

Irony is never understood by readers.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    To7m wrote: »
    Don’t you find it funny that most of the people that say this is the “best game evah!!” sure do spend a majority of their time on here, telling anyone who doesn’t like it how to feel.

Why are you not playing your amazing game? I know when I’m really enjoying a game, I don’t spend much time on their forums, I’m too busy, you know, playing the game.

—T
    Most of the people? Probably a very small minority are telling others how to feel.

And some people do like to chat on the forums even if they have been spending time enjoying their game. It is somewhere to be sociable about the game one loves, which cannot always be done elsewhere because you may not know anyone irl who plays the sims.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Everyone has the right to express personal feelings about this game in a forum that has been created for that purpose. It is impossible for everyone to have the same opinion no matter what topic is being discussed. But trashing someone else simply because their opinion conflicts with yours is not right, and used to be a big no-no with the moderators of this forum. I find it shocking and sad a moderator hasn't removed that offensive post yet. It was rude and hurtful, and totally out of line.
  • MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    Okay.

I took a break from the negative side of the forums.

I'm sorry @Oldeseadogge if you cant accept that, it's fine, since I don;t like apologising either. I was just stressed out and i do sincerely disagree with you. That combined into words that i coud have toned down.

If my apology is not up to your standards, then I'm sorry for that.

I just do very much diagree, and we can agree ot disagree.

I'm sorry, and if you don't like it then let's just go ou seperate ways ig.

• BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    To7m wrote: »
    Don’t you find it funny that most of the people that say this is the “best game evah!!” sure do spend a majority of their time on here, telling anyone who doesn’t like it how to feel.

Why are you not playing your amazing game? I know when I’m really enjoying a game, I don’t spend much time on their forums, I’m too busy, you know, playing the game.

—T

It is fun reading a lot of the comments though, but it's funny knowing who's here majority of the time means your lurking or whatever a majority of the time to even know this when one can play "that other game" one is into. Also coming to the forums is enjoyable. Sharing pics of your sims, housing, venues, tips n tricks, and just plain ol discussing a game is why some of us come here. At times, I can speak for myself, when I'm at work or waiting somewhere I come here to read or view in game pics.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    edited May 2021
    @MyriadSims, I absolutely love your positivity. THANK YOU. I am really excited for this pack. It looks like a lot of fun. The new items look awesome but just the idea of having another get-to-work type profession is fabulous. I also can't wait to see how it meshes with other packs. For example, I wonder what university degree designers will want to acquire. Will your sim be able to redesign businesses? I can't wait to explore it! I also look forward to seeing everyone's designs!
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    I personally dont' want to support Game packs becoming smaller and more focused on BB and CAS so I won't buy this just to send the right message.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • APottsAPotts Posts: 2,448 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    If reporting these types of posts get no reaction from moderators then something is very, very wrong!

Agreed, and additionally, since all negative threads get hidden in feedback, this positive feedback thread should also be moved.

We shall see.

As for the new game pack, I am not interested at all. I might get it if it has enough items I want. But I disliked how this worked, or actually didn't work, in Sims 3, so not interested in doing that again. Unless it is a heck of alot better.

We have so much that we have been begging for and we get this instead??? I don't get it.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    I personally dont' want to support Game packs becoming smaller and more focused on BB and CAS so I won't buy this just to send the right message.

I really hope we see a return to Gamepacks that have a lot of new gameplay and aren't like Starwars or that Story Driven Gamepack. Now a Resorts Gamepack is what I want to see.
  • Anchor283Anchor283 Posts: 18 Member
    I feel like the pricing and pack/stuff/kit contents are all over the place. Cleaning kit came with 2 new aspirations but the other kits didn't..... I still like most of them but some seem a better deal than others.
  • Aquarius94Aquarius94 Posts: 505 Member
    edited May 2021
    Well the stream was what got me to ease up on skipping this pack altogether. The modular shelves and couches are what did me in. But I'm still not paying full price for this. There is no new gameplay in this game pack. The closest we got to new gameplay was them spending half the stream showing off something that's gonna come in a free update. So like I've been saying, this is a stuff pack. And I'll pay the stuff pack price for it, however long it may take for it to go down to that price. And I'm saying this is as a builder. Overall, I'm not impressed. But not so much that I'd skip over this like Batuu. I'm just not impressed enough to pay $20. That's how much I would have paid for Paranormal. A stuff pack that actually had real gameplay additions.

That's the camp I'm mostly in....but dang it, those shelves and sofas. Like, you're right but like....the builder in me kinda needs those things....just not right away. I can wait for the price to go down.
    It adds an element to the game that builders have probably been waiting for forever, a way to build while actually playing the game.

Literally all it added was a career that's the equivalent to playing around in a build/buy mode and typing "rosebud" into the cheat console when you're done. Bam. You got your interior design career and didn't have to pay a cent for it.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    @Oldeseadogge Yep! I 100% am because it has way more stuff than any stuff pack ever will/ever has. If your brain had as many cells as DHD has items, then you could complain. But until then, stop complaining.

The average human brain has several million cells so am quite set in that department, thanks. At present, the US of A is still a free country, so folks are at liberty to express opinions, either way with no prejudice, on whether a product or service is - to them - good value for their money. Some folks on the forum say 'yea', others 'nay', and both are equally valid.
  • MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    @Oldeseadogge Yep! I 100% am because it has way more stuff than any stuff pack ever will/ever has. If your brain had as many cells as DHD has items, then you could complain. But until then, stop complaining.

The average human brain has several million cells so am quite set in that department, thanks. At present, the US of A is still a free country, so folks are at liberty to express opinions, either way with no prejudice, on whether a product or service is - to them - good value for their money. Some folks on the forum say 'yea', others 'nay', and both are equally valid.

hi! I'm sorry about that message, as i was not in the best of headspaces (also that fact is interesting)

I'm sorry again, as i can respect people's opinions, but yours just didnt sit right with me and I tend to be very expressive.
    Okay.

I took a break from the negative side of the forums.

I'm sorry @Oldeseadogge if you cant accept that, it's fine, since I don;t like apologising either. I was just stressed out and i do sincerely disagree with you. That combined into words that i coud have toned down.

If my apology is not up to your standards, then I'm sorry for that.

I just do very much diagree, and we can agree ot disagree.

I'm sorry, and if you don't like it then let's just go ou seperate ways ig.

Apology readily accepted. Pax. :)

hi! I'm sorry about that message, as i was not in the best of headspaces (also that fact is interesting)

I'm sorry again, as i can respect people's opinions, but yours just didnt sit right with me and I tend to be very expressive.

And freely accepted again. As one who works in accounting, I view the pack from a cost-benefit perspective, and commented from that. To me, it is better to wait for a sale on a pack of that nature.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top