Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bond with nature in this charming expansion pack means...

Comments

• gamercatgamercat Posts: 208 Member
    Prince Charming and fairytale matchmaking
    bond with nature" and "charming ep makes me think fairytales or farming but it could be a "charming bad and breakfast right now all we now is we know nothing
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Fairies and garden-style pixie houses
    texxx78 wrote: »
    We saw in a livestream that the calendar will be base game. We already kind of know that it won't come with the new gp. So maybe the calendar will be needed for the new ep... how can the calendar relate to "bond with nature" and "charming ep"...? 🤔🤔

Well I'm stumped at the reason it would be base game, but if they did a farming pack, farmers harvest and plant at certain times of the year.

But, I'm still leaning more towards something with faries for the EP and not farming.
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    Maybe it is both farming and fairies.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Farming and werewolves? Farming and faeries? Werewolves and werecats and faeries? I need gameplay and any of these would be ok with me. Please occults though I need some new ones.
  • mannannamannanna Posts: 466 Member
    Other
    I wonder if they're playing with words and the bonding refers to U.S Wine tax bonds. It wasn't too long ago everyone thought we were getting a new world based on France. I have totally forgotten how that rumor started, maybe someone can fill me in.
    I take a French inspired vineyard any day! :p:)
  • Jewels20Jewels20 Posts: 79 Member
    edited May 2021
    either I am over analyzing now about what the next expansion could be or is this already in the game? Is this a new object?

Sorry, I am not sure how to post a direct image.

https://ibb.co/c63r9WJ
    Post edited by Jewels20 on
  • figgyfiggy Posts: 179 Member
    Other
    crocobaura wrote: »

That pampas grass so prominently displayed in SimGuruNinja's pictures, is it a hint of anything to come to the game? Maybe it's a reference to the bonding with nature pack? African safari or Australian bush maybe?

Hmm it looks more like the grass was in the corner of a room they build and then expanded for the screenshot?
    simming since 2000┃origin: daFigg ┃radiohead-head, potterhead, doodie-head
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,963 Member
    Other
    I mean...sims is never going to be a farming simulator and I really can’t think of a single game outside that genre and more cartooney like the sims that actually shows or lets you harvest meat from animals..
    Stardew, which is similar on charming level and is a farming simulator that people love: nope

In Minecraft you can harvest meat to heal, I think it would be great if you could exchange meat for an animal in the sims to use in cooking, like they do fish. Or you could sell it. I’m hoping the animals will be able to reproduce like frogs so they could be used for cooking or to sell, kind of similar as frogs being used tor bait.
  • KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 441 Member
    Jewels20 wrote: »
    either I am over analyzing now about what the next expansion could be or is this already in the game? Is this a new object?

The llama is a new object!
    I was looking at the grass picture and discovered that farmers don’t even use that grass? It’s mostly for decoration but it does look pretty.

But I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to post a picture without clicking a link? I was looking at the stylist game pack to see if I could find any clues for the up coming expansion and I saw a decoration of what looked like a bull. I don’t know if this is a new object or something that I missed that is already in the game..
    Other

That pampas grass so prominently displayed in SimGuruNinja's pictures, is it a hint of anything to come to the game? Maybe it's a reference to the bonding with nature pack? African safari or Australian bush maybe?

You're right! He's showing off that plant. It looks like farming...

Yes! It looks like wheat!
    SheriSim57 wrote: »

It does look like wheat but didn’t someone say it was pampas grass?

Other

Yes, a llama that is coming with the gamepack you can put on different pieces of furniture.

Yes, a llama that is coming with the gamepack you can put on different pieces of furniture.

I don’t want to get my hopes up, but I am thinking that could be a hint at farming?
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,376 Member

It does look like wheat but didn’t someone say it was pampas grass?

It is pampas grass. Wheat is a short plant, about knee high and the seed part is about the length and width of a finger.
    They sure are giving mixed signals on this expansion....
  • Isa_MenezesIsa_Menezes Posts: 101 Member
    Other
    I think it's about farms and new animals (horses back!). :)
  • ChatonChaton Posts: 144 Member
    Talking to wildlife (squirrels, raccoons, deer, skunks)
    Pampas grass is native to South America (but you basically find it everywhere now, in Europe this grass grows in every country). What if the next EP was a south American world, with llamas ? That would be "charming".
  • dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    Just wait for it to be a garden decorating pack with zero gameplay.
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    Other
    Chaton wrote: »
    Pampas grass is native to South America (but you basically find it everywhere now, in Europe this grass grows in every country). What if the next EP was a south American world, with llamas ? That would be "charming".

I'd prefer it to have traditional farming animals like cows, sheep, chicken and horses... They do keep these too in South America.
  • ChatonChaton Posts: 144 Member
    Talking to wildlife (squirrels, raccoons, deer, skunks)
    Dakota88 wrote: »

I'd prefer it to have traditional farming animals like cows, sheep, chicken and horses... They do keep these too in South America.

As long as we get new types of animals that we can take care of and bond with, I don't really care what they are. The Sims 4 team seems to be giving us unexpected themes all the time, so I wouldn't be surprised if their "farming pack" came with a twist, like an unexpected world or unexpected animals. And the llama is emblematic to the Sims, after all. That would be nice to have real llamas in-game. They could come with wild horses as well, which are pretty emblematic to Patagonia. This is just a wild guess, I actually don't really think the next EP will contain these elements, unfortunately.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,376 Member
    Dakota88 wrote: »

As long as we get new types of animals that we can take care of and bond with, I don't really care what they are. The Sims 4 team seems to be giving us unexpected themes all the time, so I wouldn't be surprised if their "farming pack" came with a twist, like an unexpected world or unexpected animals. And the llama is emblematic to the Sims, after all. That would be nice to have real llamas in-game. They could come with wild horses as well, which are pretty emblematic to Patagonia. This is just a wild guess, I actually don't really think the next EP will contain these elements, unfortunately.

If they do a pack inspired by Patagonia they should add the Old Patagonian Express and it should be a working train, like they did with the ski lift in Mt Komorebi.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Vineyards... maybe it's vineyards. Bond with nature, charming...
  • polishsimmepolishsimme Posts: 20 Member
    Vineyards and wine (for bonding)
    [quote="Chaton;c-17890422"]Pampas grass is native to South America (but you basically find it everywhere now, in Europe this grass grows in every country). What if the next EP was a south American world, with llamas ? That would be "charming".[/quote]

I would love that!
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    Charming Llama-ing Farming! :heart: