Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What gender sim do you usually like to play?

Comments

• CiaoludicCiaoludic Posts: 1 New Member
    Female
    Female because I am really bad at creating "okay" looking male sims and also cc creators do a really good job on making beautiful cc that's targeted towards female sims.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    edited June 2020
    Other:
    I always make a married couple to start every new save. So, I always have one man and one woman.
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,823 Member
    Other:
    Both and 99% of the time, it's a single sim. I like the CAS options for both genders. I'm not very talented at sim making but I follow a few people who are.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    Other:
    I play both.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member
    Female
    I mostly do females because idk maybe because that’s the gender I am
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • Plankton027Plankton027 Posts: 51 Member
    Male
    Spend most of my time creating new females in cas but always end up playing a male
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    Male
    Male.
    I create females too, but I rarely play them.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    Other:
    It depends on the save, quite frankly. When playing Pinstar's Legacy Challenge, (which so far is the only challenge I ever play) I generally start with a male. I have, once, started with a female, but that didn't end well. I never completed it.

As for my regular saves, my Cantrell save, for instance, I focus primarily on Erik, who is my celebrity Rock Star Sim. I play his sister, too, so that one is fairly even. Same with my Ancestral game save. I play rotation style since I start with the eldest two kids in both households as teens. They ended up getting married, these two, when he was just sixteen and she, fifteen. They married in 1761. Once this young couple marries, I play their household almost exclusively.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Female
    Strictly by the numbers I have created and play(ed) approximately 65% female, 25% male, 10% other Sims. However, I like playing with all of them! I suspect the higher percentage of females correlates to the fact they have more total combined CAS assets available proportionate to their physique.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Other:
    I realized tonight that the last six or so Sims I played have all been male, and mostly single males.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    Male
    I realized tonight that the last six or so Sims I played have all been male, and mostly single males.

We could start a bachelor party. ;)
  • S3bSterS3bSter Posts: 32 Member
    Other:
    I have a mixed balance of created Sims.

I find creating the guys quicker though.
    Been able to mix items together in CAS is easier (perhaps due to lack of male content)

I spend more time on Female Sims in CAS. Perhaps thats me trying not to be stopped by the Fashion Police.

If your struggling for Male Sims, I have created the Buenos Bros who are a good challenge for any seasoned Sims player.
    😉
  • EliteGirlEliteGirl Posts: 537 Member
    edited May 2021
    Other:
    I play both female and male Sims. And some of my Sims I changed their genders.It’s good to have the option to change the gender of the Sims that I own. Being able to change the Sims gender is a major plus, in my opinion. Adds more diversity in the world.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Female
    Mostly hybrid women. Sometimes female & male couples. However, recently I've been playing my Cleopatra with two of her boyfriends, Julius Caesar & Mark Anthony. I even got her to have a child by each of them, so now she has a son & a daughter. It's a wild type of family. :D
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    edited May 2021
    Other:
    I like to create a family usually with grandparents, married children and their children, which gives me a lot of options. It's such a change from the previous iterations where it was more difficult to control a large family. Sometimes parents and 6 adult children who I can move out separately to various lots, saving me a lot of time in CAS.

So, I suppose the answer is both or all genders!
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    Male
    Males almost exclusively. The only female I've ever played for any significant length of time was a trans woman, and she's now a happily married mom. She's also now in NPC status, though.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    Other:
    I mix and match.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Female
    Onverser wrote: »
    Female. I like fashion and there's more options for female sims, dressing male sims is just boring. Currently I'm playing with just one female sim but honestly it varies, sometimes I play with a male sim and a female sim

Welp. Since I first commented on this thread last year I've played exclusively with male sims
  • manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,103 Member
    Female
    I always start off with a single female (sometimes with a pet). I guess I just identify with females more being one, lol. Males will always end up in the family in the end though.
  • PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    Male
    I don't really have a preference but if I start a new save, I usually start with a male.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,808 Member
    Other:
    Either/both. I haven't started that many games so far since most of my Sims 4 hours have been spent on the same legacy family. So far, when I do start a new game, I've been starting out with the idea for a character or a family, and the gender is just one of the characteristics I have in mind for the character(s).

gen3-banner.png
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    Other:
    I play hundreds of sims and they're both genders. I tend to favor any of my sims that I raised from infancy.
  • SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    Female
    Female, because I just find their clothes & hair to be more fun to put together, lol.
  • JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    Male
    Vast majority of the time I'm playing males, but when I have a more interesting idea for a sim they usually end up being female.

And being that before today the last post was back in June 2020 so this thread will probably get locked for being necro'd. It's a shame because it 's an interesting one.
    The cake is a lie
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    Female
    Probably because I grew up with two brothers and no sisters. And then I had two boys and no girls. I just love selecting clothing and hairstyles for my girls.