Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 411 Recap - Inside Maxis 18th May, 2021

EA_LeelooEA_Leeloo Posts: 2,019 EA Staff (retired)
Hot Topics

Thanks to all that participated in our feedback session on the forums! We’ve received loads of great comments and constructive feedback - thank you for adhering to the golden rule!

We’re starting with this first batch of questions and rest assured we saved many more to address in future Inside Maxis livestreams.

With no further ado…

When will you add pronouns?

When it comes to representation, it's not a destination, it's a journey that we are continuously working towards across the board. We've seen and read your comments regarding Non-Binary Pronouns and their availability in-game. At this time, we can't confirm anything in regards to timing, but what we can say is that for a long time our team has been evaluating ways to add gender-neutral language while considering how complex it would be to do so. Currently, we've been investigating the changes needed considering not only the size of our game, but the possibilities for all of our 18 supported languages to make sure that we do this work the best way possible. This is super important to all of us, which means we want to make sure we do it right.

Thank you all for the continued support of a truly representative environment in-game. We are hopeful for the future and look forward to sharing progress when we are able to as well as our future plans for this aspect and others across the game.

Speaking of sharing progress - here is some concept art of one current work-in-progress design we are looking to add into the game at a later patch. As you can see, we’re pretty inspired by Morocco and while we do not have a date of release for this item, we are super excited to support further representation in the base game, this year and beyond.

5xbi20f2hkwv.png
Disclaimer: Apparel designs are subject to change at time of release.

Are there any plans to make new whims to add depth to Sim personality?

Although we are not currently working on whims, it is a system that we would like to revisit in the future. We’re now committing more time in our schedules to free updates than ever before, and we’re starting to see the impact of our commitment with our skin tone updates, trait improvements and bunk beds to name but a few.

What factors does the team look at when differentiating a GP from an EP?

We want to create the best new Sims experiences first and foremost. Then we determine the best size pack to deliver that experience in its best form. There’re many factors when choosing pack size. For example, if the theme is better served with a grand scope and vision, it takes a bigger, broader Expansion Pack approach. Other times a great theme and experience can be made available to players at a more affordable price point through a more focused Game Pack. And yet other times a hyper-specific, nuanced Stuff Pack or kit could be the perfect fit. It’s all about tailoring and pairing the right sized experience to the right sized offering.

When will you fix the "Hates Children" issue?

Consent isn’t something to play with, so we’re updating the trait with the upcoming patch.

Is there potential for story progression in Townies/NPCs?

For those who may not know, Story Progression is the concept of Sims beyond my active household having life moments without me initiating them. There absolutely is potential for this at some point in the future. While we can't confirm any details at this time, we are excited for the possibilities.

Summer of Sims

For anyone who missed our tweet earlier this week or just wants to re-heat the joyful anticipation for the Hot Sims Summer that’s ahead of us all: Take a look at what to expect from May to July of this year!

k1crn5wyf11k.png

Next Patch sneak peek

What’s coming

Bunkbed update

We released our first iteration of bunk beds a while ago. But we didn’t stop there - we’ve got updates for you :) In our upcoming patch, you’ll be able to place several objects below the top bunk, including loveseats, living chairs, dressers, desks, and even double beds! Objects can also be placed perpendicular to the top bunk.

Black Hair Color update

We've heard your feedback on the black hair color we teased in our last Inside Maxis and you’ll see it updated in the upcoming patch! Take a sneak peek at what it will look like below.

fjg7rxzfhzvq.png
Before/After

Oh and...

Some of you may have noticed this extra molecule on our CAS UI in our last stream…

w9kuzaas6keg.png

We’re really excited about what this is and we’ll share more with you in our next livestream on May 25th!

Comments

• TwitchPinkTvTwitchPinkTv Posts: 1 New Member
    Hair still isn’t black enough but it’s a start and I’m ready for this gp ugh
  • EliteGirlEliteGirl Posts: 537 Member
    edited May 2021
    EA/Maxis, can you create a superhero/supervillain expansion pack for “The Sims 4” with JUST the avengers and Loki as well as Spider-Man and both Norman and Harry Osbourn from Marvel? And add Batman, Robin, Mr. Freeze, Harley Quinn, the Joker from DC as well as Poison Ivy, the DC villain Deadshot, Blackguard and Two-Face in the “The Sims 4” superhero/supervillain too please? And have the city Gotham in the superhero/supervillain game, please. Thanks for reading this post.
  • EliteGirlEliteGirl Posts: 537 Member
    edited May 2021
    And to spice things up, have an evil Superman/Kal-El and an evil Lex Luthor to battle in the “The Sims 4” superhero/supervillain expansion pack. I understand if you can’t make King Shark. And it would be neat to have the DC villain Polka Dot Man and the Riddler. Two Face would be interesting to have in the superhero/supervillain expansion pack for “The Sims 4”.
  • ShaniceWilsonShaniceWilson Posts: 2 New Member
    I wish there were more curly hair options!
  • WerescytheWerescythe Posts: 157 Member
    edited May 2021
    I think it's funny that people are complaining about the Hating Children sims getting pregnant about being dazed, despite the fact that this kind of happens in real life. I don't mean to be a jerk, I agree that 🐸🐸🐸🐸 is bad and that consent is important, however you "realists" can't complain about the supernatural being not real for your content and then turn around and ask for something like this (which is real) to be taken away. It's just being two faced.

Please take this as me saying that I want supernatural stuff, okay.
    I'm probably one of the rare few here, but I love using the occult aspects in my Sims 4 games. xD
  • morganlefayemorganlefaye Posts: 178 Member
    What are you gonna change the graphics back to 2040? It's getting on my nerves. I can't stand it anymore. It's so bad. At some point it down to 1040? Or something I don't remember, but it was like changed in January or something. I can't stand it anymore. PLEASE do it.
  • morganlefayemorganlefaye Posts: 178 Member
    @Werescythe what are you talking about? I'm confused and curious everyone complaining about the supernatural?
  • BessBess Posts: 1 New Member
    Would love if they brought horses back..as we had in Sims 3...maybe a farm expansion pack with different animals! That would be awesome!
  • WerescytheWerescythe Posts: 157 Member
    @Werescythe what are you talking about? I'm confused and curious everyone complaining about the supernatural?

There's apparently a glitch where if a character who hates children is dazed, you can try for baby with them. As a result many people are saying this is an issue of consent, which I don't think exactly applies here. Assuming that a character can get dazed due to being drunk (or on some sort of drug) then in theory it makes sense that someone might forget to use... well... protective measures, while woohooing someone. After all this happens every once in a while in real life. so why shouldn't it happen in a video game that simulates real life (and potentially opens up some interesting stories for these characters).

Just saying... :)

I'm probably one of the rare few here, but I love using the occult aspects in my Sims 4 games. xD
  • ZaraSimsss_1ZaraSimsss_1 Posts: 2 New Member
    can someone help me identify the problem with my mc command center last exception? new simmer here

<?xml version="1.0" ?><root>
    <report><version>2</version><sessionid>d05b59aa357b43df60b7e8d0</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2021-06-02 22:51:17</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.75.125.1030-1.200.000.507.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>asm.py:1064</categoryid><desyncid>d05b59aa357b43df60b7e8d0</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>Exception in Sim Timeline: Exception resuming Element (RuntimeError: ASM :: LayDownOnObject_Posture (HANDLE :: 7266)>: Attempt to traverse between two states (entry -> exit) where no valid path exists! Actors {}
    source_interaction = running generic_Cat_layDownOnObject:3649 on object_sitSofaFC3x1_01:0x0d720d3a7d8e01f5[7] (guaranteed)
    running interaction = running si_GetComfortable_CatSitDown:3648 on None (guaranteed))
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\scheduling.py", line 217, in simulate
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\elements.py", line 385, in _resume
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\postures\transition.py", line 423, in do_transition_animation
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\postures\posture.py", line 2378, in append_exit_to_arb
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\animation\asm.py", line 1064, in request
    RuntimeError: ASM :: LayDownOnObject_Posture (HANDLE :: 7266)>: Attempt to traverse between two states (entry -> exit) where no valid path exists! Actors {}
    source_interaction = running generic_Cat_layDownOnObject:3649 on object_sitSofaFC3x1_01:0x0d720d3a7d8e01f5[7] (guaranteed)running interaction = running si_GetComfortable_CatSitDown:3648 on None (guaranteed)rtim=0
    Client Session Time: 192.10

Num Save Errors: 0

Num Load Errors: 0

Current Game State: 0x96d01090

Origin Version: 10,5,100,48178

Modded: True

SystemInfo: Windows 10 10.0.19042 GPU: Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000 igdumd64.dll 9.17.10.4459, GUID: D7B78E66-4256-11CF-9662-81B0B7C2C435

</desyncdata></report>
    </root>
  • Simmer889Simmer889 Posts: 21 Member
    Could the sims team add back the original base game kids braided ponytail back in the game? The updated hairstyle is different to the original one, both adds diversity. The hairstyle is the first one in the link which Billie Jang is wearing. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/The-New-Versions-of-Children-s-Braided-Ponytail-Were-Added-the/td-p/9866751.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    Simmer889 wrote: »
    Could the sims team add back the original base game kids braided ponytail back in the game? The updated hairstyle is different to the original one, both adds diversity. The hairstyle is the first one in the link which Billie Jang is wearing. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/The-New-Versions-of-Children-s-Braided-Ponytail-Were-Added-the/td-p/9866751.

Leeloo's gone. Maybe put your question in Ideas or Feedback somewhere? Nobody has been introduced or introduced themselves in her place yet.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top