Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS5 should be annouced soon since TS4 get buggier and glitchier by the day

Bunchu8Bunchu8 Posts: 79 Member
edited March 2022 in Off Topic Chat
Is it me or there is a pattern that is starting to develop it self here? Not that long ago I never ever had a problem with the TS4 game but now there is a new bug, loading issue, crashing problems that adds it self to the game with every update or new pack. The same happened to me with TS2 when TS3 was close to release and TS3 going into TS4.

It feels like EA wants gamers to be fed up with their previous version by any means necessary to ensure that the fans will crossover to the next game. This feels even worse knowing that people are really unhappy about what is being said about the next game (yes I'm part of the majority that wants my solo offline game to stay solo and offline).

Am I the only one that gets this weird feeling at the end of a TS era?
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Probably not, though I never noticed such a thing with TS2 and still regularly play it long after its official end. Can't speak for 3 as am not often there. My primary TS4 is on an isolated from Origin system and has been since DU, so it's immune to all the mess since. I have noticed that the forum unhappiness level has been on a steady rise. How much of the problem is deliberate and how much is more and more sloppy coding being added to an already overloaded with sloppy coding swamp I can't say.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Mine is normal. I was playing yesterday for a few hours. No lag no crashes no glitches apart from the already known bugs. I had fun and added tons more cc lol 🤷‍♀️
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Mine is normal. I was playing yesterday for a few hours. No lag no crashes no glitches apart from the already known bugs. I had fun and added tons more cc lol 🤷‍♀️

@Babykittyjade Well the exception confirms the rule. But if you go over to AnswersHQ and take a look at the bug reports oh lord. Bugs like the simulation lag, the musical chairs, the fps bug are so prominent that they are in many Gamechanger videos and even in Sims livestreams by the team.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    While I would love an announcement of TS5 (just to confirm our worst fears ..... online only, forced multiplayer, some form of competition by pitting players against each other for nothing more than popularity purposes, microtransactions, CC/Mods needing to be purchased thru some type of Marketplace that EA gets a cut of, and the list goes on and on)

But, since they have specifically stated that TS4 has many, many years left ... I sadly don't see them announcing TS5 any time in the future.
    edited May 2021
    Just a thought. Could they be keeping TS4 alive for those 'many, many years' to provide the off line single player game that would run concurrently with an online only multi-player TS5?
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Just a thought. Could they be keeping TS4 alive for those 'many, many years' to provide the off line single player game that would run concurrently with an online only multi-player TS5?

It's possible... if 5 is doomed to be multiplayer i'm ok to stick with 4 and 3.
  • Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    idk I have had no loading or crash issues in my version of the game so *shrug*

My biggest problems is packs that introduced poorly integrated features that have their own annoying perks like Bust the Dust's smelling clean floor despite covered in urine stuff.
    A1hnP0t.png
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    Bunchu8 wrote: »
    Is it me or there is a pattern that is starting to develop it self here? Not that long ago I never ever had a problem with the TS4 game but now there is a new bug, loading issue, crashing problems that adds it self to the game with every update or new pack. The same happened to me with TS2 when TS3 was close to release and TS3 going into TS4.

It feels like EA wants gamers to be fed up with their previous version by any means necessary to ensure that the fans will crossover to the next game. This feels even worse knowing that people are really unhappy about what is being said about the next game (yes I'm part of the majority that wants my solo offline game to stay solo and offline).

I haven't had this happen in my game yet. Have you got a lot of CC or a mod that needs updating? At the end of Sims 3 the last expansion "Into the Future" completely fried my hard disk making the whole laptop unusable. It started well able to play when Sims 3 started but overwhelmed it at the end.
  • ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    Crazy bugs always pop up when they are working on patching updates/new features into base game.. it’s probably just babies and cars being worked on, something the team have always warned us would be difficult to do...
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited May 2021
    Bunchu8 wrote: »

It might not actually be the game itself (though I would think it is) but MS released an update a few months ago (depending on your Windows 10 version) that is crashing games and or making some games minimize to the taskbar. Also, MS releases those previews and updates of Netframework and some of my games have problems with those type updates. (Older games).

Also, Windows 10 goes ahead and installs drivers for your video card even if you turn that feature off....yeah, that can also cause your game to crash or any game because most of the time the drivers Windows 10 installs (without you knowing it unless you look) are older than the one you already might have had installed.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Jaline33Jaline33 Posts: 1,167 Member

Horrors! (Unfortunately, the chances are very good that you are right.)
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Jaline33 wrote: »

Horrors! (Unfortunately, the chances are very good that you are right.)

I think it's very possible. They may even announce Sims 5 Online this year, but still have Sims 4 as the single player option for a few more years.
    edited June 2021
    Microsoft have a big event coming on June 24, 2021 which might mean a Windows 11 coming in the Autumn or next year. They have cancelled all updates and betas apparently until then so I expect any Sims 5 will have to come out after it. It might also be the beginning of the end of Sims 4?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/event

All the new iterations have come around the dates that Microsoft got new OS in the past. Sims 4 was one of the first games that was worked on with Microsoft to be compatible with Windows 10 I remember.
    Post edited by Simburian on
  • TrimothTrimoth Posts: 418 Member
    Beyond the first year of the sims 4 I never had bugs, crashes or glitches and with everypack my game still runs smooth as can be
    tumblr_np609wKvSy1ssn1m9o2_540.jpg

Origin id: trimoth

Simburian wrote: »
    Microsoft have a big event coming on June 24, 2021 which might mean a Windows 11 coming in the Autumn or next year. They have cancelled all updates and betas apparently until then so I expect any Sims 5 will have to come out after it. It might also be the beginning of the end of Sims 4?

All the new iterations have come around the dates that Microsoft got new OS in the past. Sims 4 was one of the first games that was worked on with Microsoft to be compatible with Windows 10 I remember.

That would mean a major shift. One of the things stressed when I went to a WIN 10 class at Microsoft was that 10 is the last version and it will be kept current via updates. I had one 2 nights ago, so updates are hardly cancelled.
  • dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    TS5 sounds awful though. Some online, multiplayer, whale oriented MMO mess. I‘m not a big fan of TS4 but at least it‘s offline and single player.
  • KatAnubisKatAnubis Posts: 3,241 Member
    TS5 sounds awful though. Some online, multiplayer, whale oriented MMO mess. I‘m not a big fan of TS4 but at least it‘s offline and single player.

Interesting. That's not my take on how they plan to do it at all. Definitely not MMO type. I suspect from every description they've given and all the "hirings" that we think are related to TS5 that it will be handled more like Minecraft where you can play the game single from just buying the basegame and any DLCs, but if you want to play multiplayer online you have to pay a monthly subscription like they do with Minecraft Realms.

However, I hope that TS4 continues. In spite of what I see at AHQ, I also see a lot of things being fixed from there. And the problems that are taking longer are ones that usually don't show up in testing (and I've done game testing, including on TS2.) That makes them harder to track down, especially if people don't send their saves to AHQ when they're requested or if the person with the problem hasn't removed all their CC/Mods before they played.
  • SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    edited June 2021
    I'm speculating that working from home might be the cause. It's a lot more difficult to test everything and trade code when you have to wait on emails, etc. vs. being in the same office and just walking over to your coworker and telling them what you need. My husband works in web design and that's been his experience this whole time, everyone he works with takes ages to respond, and he's returning to office in July.

I'm hoping whenever the Sims team is able to work in office again, they'll be able to make sure things are less broken upon release. I don't expect packs to be perfect on day one, this is still EA, but if it could just be a few minor pack-related glitches like was the case with Realm of Magic, rather than the big game-breaking expansions like Eco Lifestyle, then I'll be more satisfied.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Sheepiling wrote: »
    I'm speculating that working from home might be the cause. It's a lot more difficult to test everything and trade code when you have to wait on emails, etc. vs. being in the same office and just walking over to your coworker and telling them what you need. My husband works in web design and that's been his experience this whole time, everyone he works with takes ages to respond, and he's returning to office in July.

I'm hoping whenever the Sims team is able to work in office again, they'll be able to make sure things are less broken upon release. I don't expect packs to be perfect on day one, this is still EA, but if it could just be a few minor pack-related glitches like was the case with Realm of Magic, rather than the big game-breaking expansions like Eco Lifestyle, then I'll be more satisfied.

I'm pretty sure Maxis had zoom meetings and deadlines and then call ins to report the progress and such. Work hours were work hours.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I hope they continue to service TS4 and that they address the recent bugs. I've seen some improvements in the game.

When I came back recently, I thought that TS4 looks a little bit dated now just due to the passage of time and that I could see shifting a bit to a new, brighter or lighter visual format. As I got back into it, I generally enjoyed my game. I'm open to some transition though as I've mentioned, I'd be more interested in a rebranding.

What I'm reading about the shift to an emphasis on multiplayer really doesn't interest me. I decided that since I already have a pretty developed game, I'm going to keep playing it for a while.

Would I like open neighborhood or a game that crosses the great rotational features of TS4 with open world? Sure. I would like livelier worlds with active neighbors in lawns. I think TS3 did that better. Does that mean that TS4 isn't fun? No, it's really fun when you get into it. I play on a computer that keeps the loading screens short. In TS4, I tend to either send the whole household to a lot or I pause time if I want to just focus on one character going off alone. There are ways that it works well but you do need to get comfortable with playing with the settings.

The type of game that is being proposed with such an emphasis on a multiplayer community isn't really a fit for me. I'll still look at it at face value but I have no plans to move on in the near future. I waited several years before switching to TS4. This time, I don't know but if it's mainly a multiplayer game, I'm very likely to be out. I'm not interested in monthly subscriptions.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    It feels like they are catching up with the bugs, we are going to get open stairs fixed this month.

But man, game performance is not great. The game lags so much now.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    will wait and see and the eaplay event
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • IVXXXVIIVXXXVI Posts: 140 Member
    I really hope we get a teaser this year, like a 10 sec video or even a single screenshot at this point lol. I also believe that the game will be out soon meaning in 1 or 2 years but they will keep releasing content for Sims 4 until the 10th anniversary, not necessarily packs but updates and bugfixes. But I don't understand how everyone get the same idea of what they mean by multiplayer in 5. I've seen some people saying that it will be multiplayer ONLY? Am I the only one who thinks they meant multiplayer and ''competitive'' as a side-option like the concept of Sparkd?
    Hp85Jmm.gif

That would mean a major shift. One of the things stressed when I went to a WIN 10 class at Microsoft was that 10 is the last version and it will be kept current via updates. I had one 2 nights ago, so updates are hardly cancelled.

They say currently that they will be supporting Win10 until 2025 but 11 doesn't seem much different from 10 to me. This from Windows Central and they should know. https://twitter.com/Daniel_Rubino

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/other/what-is-the-release-date-for-windows-11/ar-AAL4Vin?ocid=uxbndlbing
  • SimSpockSimSpock Posts: 273 Member

They say currently that they will be supporting Win10 until 2025 but 11 doesn't seem much different from 10 to me. This from Windows Central and they should know. https://twitter.com/Daniel_Rubino

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/other/what-is-the-release-date-for-windows-11/ar-AAL4Vin?ocid=uxbndlbing

Windows 11? So much for the constantly evolving Windows-as-service model. Apparently that only lasted until they decided they needed a new cash infusion.