Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What year did you start playing your first The Sims game?

Comments

• PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    2015-2017
    I wish I could erase my memory and start playing Sims again for the first time, the learning curve was so amazing! I remember for example moving in tree Sims in an apartment in San Myshino, this was Sims I put a lot of effort into creating, it took about tree minutes for one of my Sims to be killed by fire when grilling on the balcony. I was so 🐸🐸🐸🐸 off! I restrated my game and it took two minutes for another one of my Sims to burn to death in the simular fashion!
  • Chris_McSimsChris_McSims Posts: 120 Member
    2009-2011
    My really first sims games were The Sims 2 and The Sims 2 Pets for DSi. On 2013, when I got my IPad, I played with The Sims Freeplay and The Sims Medieval, and during that period I heard about the Sims 4 and on 2014 I asked it for Christmas to my parents; the first time I played it was on January 2015.
  • Sunflowergal227Sunflowergal227 Posts: 305 Member
    2007-2008
    2007-2008 i started playing and becoming a simmer! It was the sims 2 for PSP. My dad actually returned the game thinking simlish wasn't a made up language.. lol. But anyways i started playing it as it was fun, then i got the sims 2 for PC. i wasn't 18 but my dad let me play the game as it was fun! i loved playing the sims 2. years later, i got the sims 3 for pc and DS. Now i got the sims 4 and own some of its eps.
    Favorite EP/SP
    Sims 2 (All EPs/SPs)
    Sims 3 Showtime
    Sims 3 Generations
    My Sims 3 profile page: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Sunflowergal227
  • JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    2018-2020
    The $5 special was enough of a deal to get this tight wad to give it a try, and in the three months since I've purchased Get Together (mainly for the world of Windenberg) and Jungle Adventure, so I'm fairly certain I'm addicted.
    The cake is a lie
  • maxissims1maxissims1 Posts: 6 New Member
    Last year was my first time with The Sims 4.
  • LogicallyironicLogicallyironic Posts: 137 Member
    2009-2011
    my mom got the Sims 3 when it first came out, so I was 6 or 7 at the time. She had it on a potato laptop from like 2004, so it was borderline unplayable. I have many memories of crying when the game would crash and burn in front of me lmao. I still had a lot of fun with it though, and I used to play it everyday after school. My mom saw that I liked it so much that she dug out her old copy of TS1 + house party and livin large, and so I also played Sims 1 a lot around this time. When I was around 8, I got YouTube, and I became obsessed with Sims 2 videos, mostly machinimas and the producer walkthroughs, on top of World Adventures being released while I was going through an Egypt phase. So I begged my parents for a laptop of my own, and throughout the many holidays following that I ended up with basically all xpacs
    1,2, and 3 by the age of 10.
  • Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    2018-2020
    2020. Would've been sooner if not for SimCity 2000, 3000, 3000U, and Sim City 4 =P.
  • mlnov39mlnov39 Posts: 2,294 Member
    My name has a 39, my age when I started with Sims 2.
    I'm 53 now, and still playing.
  • LilynWolfLilynWolf Posts: 30 Member
    2009-2011
    I think it would have been sometime around 2009 or 2010. I had a playstation 2 and I'd never heard of the Sims, but I saw Sims 2 Pets for PS2 at gamestop and wanted it because it had animals in it. I also had regular Sims 2 on the PS2 but didn't play it that often. About a year or two later, I got Sims 3 on PC and have been playing that ever since.
  • readerbug2readerbug2 Posts: 31 Member
    2003-2004
    My first Sims game was The Sims Bustin' Out on the PS2! I played that game for years! I tried playing Sims 2 on console, when it came out, but it lacked all of the charm of BO, so I switched back. Didn't touch any other sims game until Sims 3 on PC around 2018.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    2005-2006
    I brought the Sims1 or some of it's packs in 2000 but did not load it up until 2005 and from there I played everyday and I brought Sims 2 in 2004 and did not play that until shortly after I played Sims 1 and seeing Sims 2 I dropped Sims 1. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • RemiSimmerRemiSimmer Posts: 3 New Member
    2003-2004
    It was around 2003-2004. I remember getting The Sims on the PS2 and then The Sims 2. I went back to get The Sims on PC because the base game all the packs were on sale.
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    2001-2002
    Colour me amazed that there's so many Sims 1 veterans in here!

My first Sims game was TS1+Hot Date, a few months prior to Vacation's release (which I got for my birthday that year, after already getting Livin' Large and House Party). I was obsessed with that game, though in hindsight it's not amazing, I don't know HOW I managed to craft these elaborate stories for my Sims when if you were distracted for *one second* they would all starve to death, lol

I got all the Sims 2 packs as well, but I don't think it ever really engaged me the way TS1 had. The TS2 base game was amazing, but the EPs were kind of one-and-done experiences for me.

Never really enjoyed TS3 at all.
    I've gone back to it recently as well, and I'm still not super enthused.

Somehow 4 manages to keep me entertained, even if I'm only in CAS or build mode 90% of the time. I think because those game modes are engaging enough on their own, I don't mind not always playing in live mode. They're almost games in and of themselves, especially build mode.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    2001-2002
    And after twenty years and after reading about Sims5, Sims4 will be the last iteration for me. I have spent thousands of hours playing this game and never thought I'd hear myself say I will not be moving forward with the franchise. Time to seek out another life simulation game I guess. Because The Sims franchise has morphed into something I no longer recognize, or want to invest in.
  • karibirdkaribird Posts: 36 Member
    I first played the Sims 1 in 2002 after seeing my cousin playing it at her house. I begged my dad to buy it for my 10th birthday and I was so excited about it. Remembering that day invokes some serious nostalgia and it makes me kind of sad that I haven't been that excited for a sims game since.
  • BB0990BB0990 Posts: 28 Member
    2001-2002
    I first played sims in 2001-2 time after seeing my older cousin play it, i was probably too young to play it but i was obsessed had the book and everything. I still have the big box sims one came in. I also have sims 2 sleeves and a couple 3. I bought Sims 4 on release and hated it so never played it again until last year thanks to lockdowns. Still love 3 the best but i love CAS / Building on 4!
  • Charolette_MagdaCharolette_Magda Posts: 16 Member
    2009-2011
    I can't remember which Sims game I played, but I would play it over at my friend's house all the time, and we would take turns playing. A few years later, I got my first sims game, Sims 3 for the Xbox, and that is when my obsession with the game really started.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    I find it interesting that as of today 63% of Sims players started 2004 and earlier. That's TS 1 & TS 2 territory, which says a lot about the perspectives of folks on the forums.

Brandontayor, interesting picture in your sig. They were grand ships in their day.
  • MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    2015-2017
    I started playing the Sims 4 in 2017 and haven't stopped since. The forums is different though, i kinda stopped using it after Snowy Escape released and i got hooked back on the forums when Paranormal was announced.
  • Simmer4000Simmer4000 Posts: 27 Member
    2003-2004
    A classmate introduced me to the original sims and I have been played the series ever since. Although the sims 4 lack some of the features of its predecessors, it is my favourite mainly due to the linked worlds. I always wanted all of my sims to be able to interact with each other.
  • GingerLlamaGingerLlama Posts: 51 Member
    2001-2002
    2001, I was 6 years old! growing up with this game
  • mlnov39mlnov39 Posts: 2,294 Member
    edited May 2021
    readerbug2 wrote: »
    My first Sims game was The Sims Bustin' Out on the PS2! I played that game for years! I tried playing Sims 2 on console, when it came out, but it lacked all of the charm of BO, so I switched back. Didn't touch any other sims game until Sims 3 on PC around 2018.

My first was Bustin' Out, also. So much fun, but very limited. I kept seeing pictures of other people's Sims and aging children
    and I wondered why that wasn't in my game. Then I found out that the PC game had so much more! I bought a laptop and the
    rest is history.
  • TheStarrSimmerTheStarrSimmer Posts: 206 Member
    I discovered it at a friend's house and have been hooked on it ever since.
    Snap_5bFm8Er5qd514231703.png
  • Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    2018-2020
    The same month and year that this thread was made.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    2003-2004
    I remember getting The Sims base game free with a computer way back in 2000 but I put it away for a few years. It was in 2003 when I got bored enough to try it (my hubby was on another tour of duty for 6 months).
    I believe I stayed up all night playing. :lol: