Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Marriage Question

Hi Fellow Simmers, question, can one of my Sims marry a profession and not break the game? She told him she is single.

Also, there was another marriage but when his brother looks at his profile it does not show Marty married but they had a wedding, but it was like it didn't finish and I had to send them home. Do they need to tie the knot again?

Thanks and Hey

Comments

• GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    Hey!
    [quote="simplyzoe;d-989118"]can one of my Sims marry a profession and not break the game?
    [/quote]
    Sorry, what do you mean by profession? Do you mean a sim with a none-playable career (such as librarian or professor)? Or maybe you mean something else completely in which case I apologise for misunderstanding.
    If you are wanting to marry a sim with a none-playable career, it won't break your game but as far as I know adding them to your household and making them a playable sim means they won't be able to keep their none-playable job. I've only ever done this with a librarian though, so if someone knows more please correct me.

As for the other marriage, do the Sims you wanted to marry have the option to elope as a social interaction between them? (If they do it probably means they aren't married). If so, and you don't want to do another wedding, eloping could be a nice and quick way to make sure they tie the knot!

I hope this helped in some way.
  • SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    I believe if a sim marries a professor they will no longer be a professor. If you use mods, specifically MCCC, there is a setting that allows your Service Sims (professors, mailman, etc.) to marry autonomously but then the role gets filled by another sim.

As for the second question, I would just have them elope if you don't want to do the wedding again.
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • simplyzoesimplyzoe Posts: 428 Member
    Hey!
    simplyzoe wrote: »
    can one of my Sims marry a profession and not break the game?
    Sorry, what do you mean by profession? Do you mean a sim with a none-playable career (such as librarian or professor)? Or maybe you mean something else completely in which case I apologise for misunderstanding.
    If you are wanting to marry a sim with a none-playable career, it won't break your game but as far as I know adding them to your household and making them a playable sim means they won't be able to keep their none-playable job. I've only ever done this with a librarian though, so if someone knows more please correct me.

As for the other marriage, do the Sims you wanted to marry have the option to elope as a social interaction between them? (If they do it probably means they aren't married). If so, and you don't want to do another wedding, eloping could be a nice and quick way to make sure they tie the knot!

I hope this helped in some way.

Thanks for answering! I just saw this, I'm trying to learn how to see if people answer posts I ask about. I highlighted what I wrote because it should have said "professor" my bad. She is dating the professor and I want them to marry. But I've also befriended someone who woks in the jungle vacation.

And for the answer about eloping. This may explain it? It happened last night while i was playing, the family is 2 grandparents, I was playing them and it showed her as "lover" I had not seen that before and thought well that's cute, but in CAS they are listed as roommates, then I went to the dashboard and they are listed as married. Is this perhaps a glitch? I was trying to get them married again, for a while before I realized that "propose" was never going to show up (but they did make a few townie friends on the way).
    could this have been caused by my starting a big family 2 parents and their adult children, some with partners then put them in the game and moved out the married ones then let the single sims date etc. They almost have grown grandchildren now.

About eloping, it is my go to now because planning a wedding was a total failure, they ended up going to their own homes and I had to put them together.

I'm trying to diversify my game and not be such a control freak lol. One of the things I miss about TS1 is the shock and awe when sims would do stuff I wouldn't do and making me laugh out loud.

Thanks again!
  • simplyzoesimplyzoe Posts: 428 Member
    I believe if a sim marries a professor they will no longer be a professor. If you use mods, specifically MCCC, there is a setting that allows your Service Sims (professors, mailman, etc.) to marry autonomously but then the role gets filled by another sim.

As for the second question, I would just have them elope if you don't want to do the wedding again.

Thanks I was wondering about that, I will see what happens. And thanks!