March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today?

Comments

• KeidraKeidra Posts: 460 Member
    TS4-x64-2021-05-17-23-00-04.jpg
    I don't know what Ezio said, but apparently it freaked Morgyn out.
    白雪夏夜我不停歇
    我并不感到困扰

I am kind to everyone. But if you are unkind to me, kindness is not what you will remember me for.
    I am autistic. Wording isn't my strong suit.

Stop player on player violence.
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Not much, and nothing to write home about. I only played around with the stuff that came in Courtyard Oasis today.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    "Finally! I did it!"

gq9x0RX.png
    A day with a celebrity...

qDdQZDw.png

LEbxAvK.png

jEZ71dk.png
    A day with a vampire...

BTUXk2o.png

6LWUpBM.png

wNFfLlN.png

niWsNq3.png
  • Lady_EarthLady_Earth Posts: 187 Member
    Robert Small: You might know him as one of the dads from the game, Dream Daddy. The weird thing is that a lot of people liked to streak across his house. (That's Marty Roth.)
    05-19-21-1-18-33-PM.png

For some reason, people can't help flirting with him. Rose Greenman blew him a kiss during a date with someone else and even Mr. Landgraab came and smooched him out of the blue (and he's not even on a "share the love" property.
    05-19-21-1-27-59-PM.png

And here's a cute picture of Robert with his dog.
    05-19-21-2-59-07-PM.png

Monty: Antonio has two suitors, Katrina Caliente and Claire Ursine (sims 3) and I ended up going with Katrina since it would be the most fun and it gets her away from Don.
    05-19-21-9-12-43-PM.png

Also, the son has really gotten into karaoke.
    05-19-21-11-36-23-PM.png

Katrina is now married to and having Antonio's child so I'll keep you up to date one that.
  • Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,094 Member
    edited May 2021
    @AlwaysAsking and other simmers, how do noncommittal sim relationships usually work out for you guys?

Helios is in a relationship with Iona, a premade mermaid. My story for her is that one of the Darkfins broke her heart and did something unthinkable to make her feel like she could never commit to a relationship. It made her mean and a loner. It darkened her personality. It was this act that got one of the Darkfin Brothers banished from Sulani.

So, I'm thinking Helios could help mend those wounds and brighten her personality. However, the next part of the story involves a romance I am unfamiliar with. Romance isn't my strong point, but my biggest concern is how Helios Eon and Kalamainu'u Iona will end up interacting. Before I write part 2, I did want to hear everyone's thoughts. Romancing a Noncommittal Sim seems like a real challenge. I mean Helios is mischievous in his own right, but he's not a mean sim. They appear to be opposites.

Edit: @AlwaysAsking I think your input would be very valuable given your extensive experience with Don Lothario. P.S. The Don in my game is still a merman swimming in one of the worlds with a mission to avoid committing to any relationships.
  • SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    edited May 2021
    So I started a multi-generational challenge, the Not-So-Berry Challenge, and it's proving to be somewhat challenging and a lot of fun!

Here is my Generation 1 Sim, Mint. His name is Fern Verde. He's a scientist. His traits are Mischievous, Jealous, and Materialistic. He has the King of Mischief aspiration going on right now. He has almost completed his element collection.

05-04-21-8-51-46-PM.png

He had a little fling with Becca Clarke when he was on level one of his career, but he acquired a certain uncomfortable condition from that romp and needed medication!

05-06-21-8-49-39-PM.png

Moving up as a scientist and collecting all kinds of goodies as well as practicing his mischief whenever the mood strikes, he fell in love with his neighbor, Gretchen, someone not likely to give him....issues.

05-16-21-5-51-26-PM.png

On a particularly hot date, Gretchen ended up staying the night and ended up preggers. She was NOT happy. But, since their relationship and romance were at their peak, Fern proposed and the wedding was set for the following Saturday. No big event just the simplest of affairs.

05-19-21-10-54-08-PM.png

Instead of doing a whole wedding, Fern arranged a party at the Ruins where coincidentally a wedding arch had been erected. On the Saturday of the big day, in the middle of the night, Gretchen came down with the flu, so off to the clinic, she went with Fern in tow. While she was at the clinic to get treated, she went into Labor, in the x-ray machine no less. So she quickly finished up the appointment and headed off to the hospital with Fern in tow again. They had the baby, a boy who is called Roosevelt (he is slated to be my second generation sim (rose) if they don't have a daughter. (I was hoping to have every other generation be male/female.)

05-20-21-3-33-34-PM.png

Right after the baby was born and Gretchen got home, the party that was arranged for the Ruins was starting. So they go to the wedding arch and get married.

05-20-21-3-29-55-PM.png

Immediately after the ceremony, they woohoo in the closest bush, and bam, she ends up pregnant again!

05-20-21-3-31-22-PM.png

What the.....She is inconsolable at this point. They went to counseling, Fern has been trying to console her and make her feel better about it but she just keeps snapping at him. It is hilarious :D:D

05-20-21-5-07-03-PM.png
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • notasmokealarm09notasmokealarm09 Posts: 240 Member
    bCOK14A.png

This is not how one sits on a barstool, Diego.
  • KeidraKeidra Posts: 460 Member
    Been doing a string of updates on the Eisenstern legacy. Trying to get to where we are in generation 3 sometime this century, so that I can just post what happens after I play rather than having to do catch up with myself constantly. I was having a consistent problem where I don't really remember what happened lol so it was making updates hard to do. So unfortunately, I haven't gotten to play in two days and I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow.

Kind of nervous because I have to go in alone. Not good for autistic person with social anxiety...

I am also somewhat debating taking the immortality potion trait out of Ezio and Drake. And probably Morgyn. Unfortunately that means eventually Caleb would outlive Morgyn unless I also made him human, and I might. Hmm. Dunno. This presents a number of complexities and is probably why I ended up freezing Ezio and Drake in the first place. Tbf about it, autonomous flirting is off so it's not like future generations *will* flirt with their great great granddad, even if they can, but I'm paranoid or something.

Anyway, uhh, also last time I played the family save, Ezio and Morgyn had capped all their skills (Morgyn did so two days after Ezio), and now we're just waiting for them to age into children, and then I'll switch to the Lees. c: Woots.

I also was debating recreating the Of Frost and Fire save, but honestly, it'll just be a lot of work and probably disappoint me in the end so I'm not really thrilled at the prospect. But I also really miss that save. Debates. The family save is supposed to eventually replace the Corazon save (EzioxCaleb and MorgynxLiberty), so that's a thing, but it'll be a long time before we get there.
    白雪夏夜我不停歇
    我并不感到困扰

I am kind to everyone. But if you are unkind to me, kindness is not what you will remember me for.
    I am autistic. Wording isn't my strong suit.

Stop player on player violence.
    Not much happened in my game today. I only worked a little bit on building my new riad is all. For those whom don't know what riad means. It's Moroccan, and it means a stately home.:)
    Monty: As I promised, here's the rest.

Thanks to a mod, I can have my Sims dance on a counter.
    05-20-21-10-20-37-PM.png

Geez, does the Landgraab family know what clothes are?
    05-20-21-10-24-35-PM.png

I present to you, Ophelia Monty. (Named after Hamlet's girlfriend.) I fixed the hair later on.
    05-20-21-10-46-37-PM.png
    Lady_Earth wrote: »

05-20-21-10-20-37-PM.png

05-20-21-10-24-35-PM.png

I present to you, Ophelia Monty. (Named after Hamlet's girlfriend.) I fixed the hair later on.
    05-20-21-10-46-37-PM.png
    Is that Nancy Landgrabb going for a jog while fully nude in the middle pic?
    sunman502 wrote: »

05-20-21-10-20-37-PM.png

05-20-21-10-24-35-PM.png

05-20-21-10-46-37-PM.png

Yep, that's Nancy.
  • karibirdkaribird Posts: 36 Member
    I've been playing ts4 literally since it got released and embarassingly today was the first time I played the Pancakes household. Gave them a makeover, too :)
  • erixaaerixaa Posts: 17 Member
    Nothing in the actual gameplay, but in CAS I had found that atleast 30% of my CC deleted itself. Don't understand how that works.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I rebuild my Treehouse & had to remake my Tarzan & Jane. Some how l accidently lost them from last year. Hopefully, I won't lose their Treehouse again. The build is very hard because I have to place the tree just so, that way my sims still can walk into their Treehouse.
  • AlwaysAskingAlwaysAsking Posts: 1,403 Member
    edited May 2021
    @Metior_Ice
    Metior_Ice wrote: »
    @AlwaysAsking and other simmers, how do noncommittal sim relationships usually work out for you guys?

Helios is in a relationship with Iona, a premade mermaid. My story for her is that one of the Darkfins broke her heart and did something unthinkable to make her feel like she could never commit to a relationship. It made her mean and a loner. It darkened her personality. It was this act that got one of the Darkfin Brothers banished from Sulani.

So, I'm thinking Helios could help mend those wounds and brighten her personality. However, the next part of the story involves a romance I am unfamiliar with. Romance isn't my strong point, but my biggest concern is how Helios Eon and Kalamainu'u Iona will end up interacting. Before I write part 2, I did want to hear everyone's thoughts. Romancing a Noncommittal Sim seems like a real challenge. I mean Helios is mischievous in his own right, but he's not a mean sim. They appear to be opposites.

Edit: @AlwaysAsking I think your input would be very valuable given your extensive experience with Don Lothario. P.S. The Don in my game is still a merman swimming in one of the worlds with a mission to avoid committing to any relationships.

Lol! Thank you for asking for my opinion

I really had to laugh at your Merman Don’s mission in life 😂 Sounds like Don.

But ok, if you want my opinion her other traits will make her much harder to romance than non committal. Non committal Sims are pretty much as easy to romance as other Sims, as long as they have other decent traits. The premade non committal Sims just whine a Lot about being stuck with your Sim after they form an actual relationship; such as boyfriend/girlfriend boyfriend/boyfriend girlfriend/girlfriend etc etc. or fiancés, or spouses.

Don is Active, romantic, and non committal. He is famously known as just about the fastest romancer in the game. He can go from friendly introduction, to woohoo, in as little as 7 interactions, I’ve seen him do it.

J is active, bro, and non committal. He’s also more stand-offish and just generally weird. He’s harder to romance, but not much harder than, say Thorne, who is active, self assured, and music lover. As long as they have other positive traits it makes it easier to get together.

Iona is a mean, dastardly, non committal loner. She is tough. But I got through to her with Uku without too much trouble. They have 3 kids together. She’s not a good mother, but he’s an excellent father, just sayin’ lol.

Now, the thing to remember about Maxis premades is that they are programmed so Over the Top it’s just crazy. I have a Sim that I created who is non committal, in the 3 real life years that I’ve played her, she has complained about being stuck in a relationship 3 times total. Don will do it 3 times on one date. Iona may be programmed as over the top non committal too. But in my experience she isn’t. She is over programmed as mean, as far as I see.

Non committal used to be a joke in the game, for the most part. Just cute interactions where the non committal Sim whines about being stuck with you, then looks scared that you’ll yell at them. Your Sim will make an angry face, put their hands on their hips, say something snotty, and seconds later they will smile and blow kisses. As far as I see, it's still like that with relationships. The problem with it now, after their "improvements" is that the job aspect of it is stupidly frustrating. I have an aged down J Huntington III who is constantly tense, because he can’t quit his job as a high school student 🙄

If you want to see the very watery normal interaction in action, here is a 12 second video of my spare set of Don and Thorne as Don discusses his fear of commitment. These two are basically stunt doubles, and I don't use them often.

https://streamable.com/v07k3b

A couple of pics from it:

evDhTaN.png

A2z4LWt.png

wgOWYN9.png

Here is a 17 second video of Don doing it to J, J doing it to Thorne, and J doing it to Don

https://streamable.com/3f9pmm

Now, as a contrast, my real Don and Thorne, from their story where Thorne has basically beaten Don into submission is very different:

(This is Non committal in it's worse state)

Don tells Thorne:
    30YzhHJ.png

Thorne is furious
    JJ5W2g1.png

Don is shocked at how furious he gets
    KJOVoPz.png

Don tries to save himself
    KzJiXww.png

But Thorne is now too mad to care, and Don is rejected
    lJNbckE.png

In this much more violent series you can see that Don has said it to Thorne again, Thorne has gotten furious again, and Don is again shocked at how furious he is. Thorne threatens to slap him, Don cowers, and then we see that Thorne was terribly hurt by what Don said. At the end, as they jog away, it looks as if Don did the whole thing on purpose, just to see if Thorne still loves him. You have to remember they are in a severe co-dependent relationship. This is all them, autonomously. They are truly this dysfunctional in the game.
    R4rqJDY.png

Hn2rg5z.png

8KsQweV.png

fNdhfQr.png

iXgcMXp.png

LcR0WBB.png

zKeQ6YV.png

ptSS8u0.png

KYgLWbi.png

Which brings me to an important point. If you are planning on changing Iona’s traits as she heals, non committal is one of the traits that remains in their under programming, and won’t actually disappear if you remove it in CAs or with mccc. The only way to completely successfully remove it is with the trait removing potion in the reward store.

And, you don’t have to wait until she has enough reward points to buy it herself. Any sim that you have with lots of reward points can buy it, take it from their inventory and place it in the world, then the Sim you are changing can drink it and change traits. I have removed non committal from most of my J Huntington IIIs, because he has a job that he whines about constantly. My Dons seldom have jobs, so it’s not as much of an issue with him/them.

I have my guys from my siggy, Ian and Lawrence, in my library. Between the 2 of them they have 30,000 reward points available. Lol, so if I need points to buy a potion for someone I download them into the household, spend their reward points, and then delete them. 😂

So, I'm not sure if I helped or not. :sweat_smile: Bottom line, non committal is not the most difficult Sim to romance. Unflirty and Loner are nightmares.

Post edited by AlwaysAsking on
    SqxdF0m.png

Gallery ID is ARIANNANEAL
  • Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,094 Member
    @AlwaysAsking Thanks for the info. Helios seems able to get through to Iona, so I feel like a relationship is possible. Helios is also very compassionate, so he's more forgiving of Iona's mean outbursts. I did notice her actively trying to be mean more frequently, but Helios was still able to build a strong friendship with her.

I may avoid completely removing Iona's noncommittal trait. I think it would be good story telling if remnants of her past remained in some shape or form. Although, I may need to consider how much the noncommittal trait will lead to a dysfunctional relationship. I don't want that.
  • JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    Doing yet another Rags to Riches and seeing what kind of story I can make out of this one.
    ===============

Zackary France looked over the small plot of land and tiny house and tried hard to think on the positive side. Life misfortunes had taken nearly everything else and a thief at the bus stop had left him with only what he had on his person. Unable to do anything but continue on he made his way to his little plot of land and home on an island near Windenburg only to find the house had long ago been stripped of anything of value including the front door. It had never been much of a house, little more than a converted shed with an interior space of three by four meters it had contained the basic amenities for living. Now with just trash and junk inside Zack was reluctant to even sleep on its floor. His mood soured even more as he spotted what appeared to be a neighborhood welcoming committee coming his way, even in the best of times he wasn’t good with strangers and this definitely wasn’t the best of times. Then he saw that they had with them a fruitcake, and being he was desperate enough to consider fruitcake to be food he wrestled down his social anxieties and went to greet them.

All four of the neighbors appeared to be young adults, about the same age as Zack. Bjorn and Clara Bjergsen impressed Zack as a couple who would soon decide to have kids, Sergio seemed to be a lot like Bjorn but had not yet found his Clara, and Joaquin Le Chien looked like someone not quite ready to give up on DJing as an occupation. Thankfully they didn’t stay long, probably due to the total absence of chairs and tables, and weren’t too insistent with offers to have Zack stay with them. The thought of staying in someone else’s house and having just met that person bumped up his usual anxiety. The fruitcake definitely wasn’t any better than he had remembered, his stomach would complain about it for a while, but still it was better than his stomach complaining about having nothing.

It was now dark and Zack explored the island for things he could possibly eat, places that may not be too uncomfortable to sleep, and other things that could help with his survival. He spotted land features that tweaked his knowledge of geology and after some digging discovered some colored crystals he thought the right person would want to spend money on and fossils that also could be valuable. Also randomly he uncovered home repair parts that appeared to be new and little figurines that could be considered collectable though their original packaging hadn’t held up well to untold years in the ground. Feeling more optimistic with a bag full of potential income he tried napping on a section of old ruins wall that appeared smoother than the rest before making the trek into town to try to sell his newly found stuff.

On his way to Windenburg he stopped in at a rustic looking bar called The Shrieking Llama. It proved unnecessary for him to try to sneak in, they didn’t at all mind him using their restroom to clean up or filling himself up on the chips as he listened to the music. It did cost him a fair amount of stress as he had to contend with a crowd of strangers intent on chatting with anyone and everyone. Zack thought he was going to lose his temper when he settled down on a bench outside for more naps and one of the townies plopped down right next to him and started chatting, thankfully they seemed to take a hint from his expression and moved on and Zack napped as best he could with the noises coming from the bar.

It wasn’t much more of a journey from The Shrieking Llama into the town itself and Zack didn’t have much difficulty finding shops willing to buy his stuff. He got enough to buy a fridge, overhead light, and a sink. Though far from making his house complete they would make life easier and Zack was certain he’d find more things on the island he could sell. On the way back he stopped in at The Shrieking Llama again to refill his needs, the crowd was much smaller this time, then finished his journey back home. He was surprised to see the items he had ordered already delivered and waiting for him and as he was wrestling the new fridge into place his order of groceries arrived. After another exploration of the island recovering crystals and fossils and such he enjoyed a more fulfilling meal from his fridge and a cleanup in his own sink in his now lit house.

Over the next several days Zack recovered a considerable amount of stuff to sell back in town and was looking forward to the trip. Napping on the stone wall and bathing out of a sink had gotten old and he looked forward to a diet less limited than what he got out of a fridge. On this trip he skipped The Shrieking Llama hoping he didn’t smell too bad as he visited the shops to sell his stuff and ordered new things for his house. He may have spent more than necessary but couldn’t resist splurging and as he stopped in at a nightclub in the older part of town to clean up and freshen up he splurged again by ordering a drink at the bar. Even as he felt his tension for crowds of strangers ticking upwards he enjoyed watching the crowd dance to the loud music as the DJ performed behind an impressive stack of equipment. But soon he felt a need to get out of there and as he settled down at a table outside he confirmed his suspicion that the music could be heard clearly quite a ways away.

For a while he sat at the table across the square from the nightclub letting the late night air calm his tensions, then just as he thought about finding a bench suitable for napping he was attacked. The hits totally surprised him but he managed to fend off his attacker then was stunned to find a slim attractive woman with long black hair, short red dress, and an abundance of black eye shadow that made her unmistakably a member of the goth subculture. She ranted something about being furious with him, then in the next breath introduced herself as Bella Goth. “What?”, he was taken aback by a goth that also used Goth as their last name, then shook that from his head and stated in no uncertain terms he wasn’t going to give her his name or wanted anything to do with her. He found himself fending off another attack then watched in disbelief as she sauntered off. After that he dismissed the idea of catching a nap in town and pushed on to The Shrieking Llama, there he found out that brawls around town weren’t uncommon. Everyone knew Bella and though they didn’t deny she had attacked him they swore she was nice to know as well as her husband and kids. Zack decided to keep his comments, most particularly a snide one about her reproducing, to himself.

Not long after arriving home his newest purchases arrived. Finally he had an actual bed to sleep in, an oven and counter that with the fridge he was certain he’d make himself better meals, and a shower and toilet to finish out the bathroom. A bathroom and kitchen and bedroom all crammed into a single small room would certainly make people go ‘ew’, but he was thrilled to no longer be sleeping on a stone wall or trying to bathe out of a sink. And to complete his little house he installed a front door.

During the next couple of days Zack enjoyed having his needs much more fulfilled as he found and dug up more items from around the island, he even started doing some fishing. Then tax and utility bills arrived and his account was way short of being able to pay it. After the strange encounter by the nightclub he found himself reluctant to return to town, but in his life previous to Windenburg he had been financially wiped out by aggressive collection agencies after failing to pay his bills. So he spent just enough time gathering stuff to sell and left for another trip into town.

On this trip into town he tried sneaking into the gym to freshen up, except there was no real sneaking involved as everyone seemed to be as accepting of him there as the other places he had visited. Just don’t sit outside alone at night, he guessed. After selling his bag full of recovered stuff and paying off his bills he had plenty left over, enough that he indulged his creative side by trying painting on one of several easels he had seen around town. A nearby shop sold the supplies and claimed to make fair offers for any paintings that were sold back to them. Zack was not at all surprised that his first painting got him less than what he had paid for the canvas, but he was excited enough to be doing something creative that he bought another canvas. The next painting actually earned him more than the cost of the canvas and the paintings after that earned him more and more. It was well after the time he had wanted to leave for the return trek home when he realized just how involved he had gotten in his painting, and he was feeling too tired and hungry to start the trip.

The gym proved great for fulfilling most of his needs, except for sleep. The crowds that normally bothered him tended to concentrate around the exercise equipment and he was able to use the locker room mostly unbothered, and upstairs he found a self service bar with a fridge where he could get his meals from. Problem was trying to nap on the benches with the noises from the gym going on, the attack he had experienced outside the nightclub made him reluctant to try sleeping on a bench away from the gym, and he missed the comfort of his bed back home. Luckily the shop owner said he’d be willing to visit Zack at his home to buy his paintings and with that he ordered an easel and on impulse a violin too, then he made the trip back home.

Over the next several days Zack mostly painted and occasionally fished. He noticed an improvement in his ability to learn and improve skills. True to his word when Zack called the art shop owner he was happy to come out and make offers for Zack’s paintings.
    The cake is a lie

05-20-21-10-20-37-PM.png

05-20-21-10-24-35-PM.png

05-20-21-10-46-37-PM.png

Yep, that's Nancy.
    I thought so. Nancy is one the most recognizable NPC sims in the game.
    Was it you who convinced her to do that? Or did she just do that on her own? I'm not at all a fan Nancy. I sometimes will make my sim be mean to to her. Nancy use to annoy me quite a bit in the game. But she hardly does anymore, mainly because I don't she her out and about in the game as much these days. Like so many of the base game NPC's these days. I'm even beginning to see less and less of the living statue in my game these days. Like the last time that I had played, I had played close to 2 sim weeks in the game. And I had Paula out and about San Myshuno basically every day. And I did not see the living statue once in all that time.

05-20-21-10-20-37-PM.png

05-20-21-10-24-35-PM.png

05-20-21-10-46-37-PM.png

Yep, that's Nancy.
    Was it you who convinced her to do that? Or did she just do that on her own? I'm not at all a fan Nancy. I sometimes will make my sim be mean to to her. Nancy use to annoy me quite a bit in the game. But she hardly does anymore, mainly because I don't she her out and about in the game as much these days. Like so many of the base game NPC's these days. I'm even beginning to see less and less of the living statue in my game these days. Like the last time that I had played, I had played close to 2 sim weeks in the game. And I had Paula out and about San Myshuno basically every day. And I did not see the living statue once in all that time.

She did it out of her own free will.
    edited May 2021

05-20-21-10-20-37-PM.png

05-20-21-10-24-35-PM.png

05-20-21-10-46-37-PM.png

Yep, that's Nancy.

She did it out of her own free will.
    Strange because she's never acted that way in my game before that I know of. I did make her wet herself after having making her pass out. And I have frozen her a few times before. Plus made her flirt with another sim that she wasn't married to. And made her get into a few fights with other sims. Yeah, you can say that I wasn't very nice to Nancy in my game in the past. >:)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top