Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are you going to buy the upcoming Courtyard Oasis Kit?

12346...Next

Comments

• sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    Nopedy nope nope.
    And here, I thought that you only post in Offtopic DeKay. :)
  • SimSpockSimSpock Posts: 273 Member
    No
    APotts wrote: »
    I want to say NO, but apparently I am a little touched in the head, because I keep buying more content I don't need for a game that I enjoy much less than I should.

Bought the dust pack this weekend, and tried playing, found it really troubling that my sims no longer change into seasonal attire when they should. Stopped playing, wish they would stop breaking my game.

LoL!

I think you may have a little bit of Bilbo Baggins in you. "I know less than half of you as well as I should, and I like less than half of you as much as you probably deserve."
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    Yes, at release.
    I must admit I haven't bought it yet. Too lazy to get my credit card out for this.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    edited May 2021
    Yes, at release.
    Never heard of it until now. It's not in the news notes as I checked them before coming here. My knowledge of the place is confined to the Allied invasion in 1942 and the movie Casablanca.

Unfortunately there is news about migrants from Morocco swimming over to Spain for a better life in the last few days. No jobs. Unfortunate that it should come out at the same time as the pack.

I hope, though, that tourists will come back there after the Pandemic. It's a very beautiful place and they dearly need them. I think it's quite cheap to holiday there and lots of sun!
  • Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,899 Member
    I'm still in doubt
    I bought the Bust the Dust kit and regretted it when it started taking over my game play so I'm kind of iffy about the kits, to be honest. But this Kit does look pretty interesting.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    No
    Have gotten more info and it looks too niche, not enough for the $, and something I'll not use. Still like the movie though. Those unfortunate migrants must be hardy souls! That's a long swim.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    No
    I feel like they‘re preparing is for microtransactions in TS5 with kits and alone for that I‘m boycotting it.

I feel Sims 4 was an test bed for how transactions will be handled in other Sims games so I agree with you.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • GrimlyFiendishGrimlyFiendish Posts: 718 Member
    No
    No. I cannot see anything in it that I find of interest, or that I think would contribute to my gameplay in any sense of the word.
    Occult Simmer (All Occult All The Time)

Female Simmer from Australia (she/her)

I had one of my Sims marry the Grim Reaper & now they have a lot of kids.

• DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    No
    Beautiful stuff in it, but I decided when they released kits that I probably wouldn't be spending money on them. At least not full price, but I'd be surprised if they ever went on sale.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    edited May 2021
    apparently the answer is yes sooner than i expected

also btw
    you don't need to build courtyard oasis to have use for this kit >:)
    MEpQFs9.png
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
    edited May 2021
    Yes, at release.
    Simmingal wrote: »
    apparently the answer is yes

also btw
    MEpQFs9.png

Love that but wouldn't it be nice to have had circular walls given with the pack too!
    Simburian wrote: »
    Simmingal wrote: »
    apparently the answer is yes

also btw
    MEpQFs9.png

Love that but wouldn't it be nice to have had circular walls given with the pack too!

yeah would love me some round round walls

I would have also loved more colors for the trims and spandrels stuff too like black or something so i could use them gothic
    but well this stuff is pretty though maybe I'll make some fairy houses too :blush:
  • karibirdkaribird Posts: 36 Member
    I told myself I wouldn't be buying kits and giving yet more of my money to ea, yet here I am, buying kits and giving yet more of my money to ea. Courtyard oasis does have some pretty objects though.
  • GamecubeLover26GamecubeLover26 Posts: 34 Member
    No
    Nope! I think I'm a little more...eccentric in my buying habits than other people on this forum. I barely, BARELY tolerate expansion packs and I absolutely DESPISE game packs and stuff packs, so another microtransaction with even less value than the others? No thanks. 😅
  • erixaaerixaa Posts: 17 Member
    Yes, but later
    I bought it just yesterday but haven't tried it out yet!
  • chuckjaymoorechuckjaymoore Posts: 60 Member
    Yes, at release.
    The original plan was to buy Courtyard Oasis on release day, but my OS became corrupted. I have to pay a lot of money to get my laptop replaced and upgraded so The Sims 4 will run faster. Since my budget will be a little tighter, I'm waiting for the kit to be available on Amazon. I will use my Amazon gift card balance to purchase it. I may decide to buy the on Origin, but I'm kinda wishy washy about doing so.
    Gallery ID: 1mooresimmer
    YouTube channel: youtube.com/@1mooresimmer/
    TikTok: tiktok.com/@1mooresimmer
  • Charolette_MagdaCharolette_Magda Posts: 16 Member
    Yes, but later
    This is the first kit that has grabbed my attention; however, it is not something I feel like I need right away.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Yes, at release.
    @Simmingal, I love your Castle. I wish I could build like that. For some reason, I just can't seem to figure out how to build a proper Castle. I've build many thing from Cave homes, Domes, Underground Bunkers, Spaceships, Pyramids, Mansions,
    Desert Palaces, Tree House, even an actual Under the Sea home in Sulani. But, Castle builds just seems impossible for me. Oh well, I do have lots of households with my Timeline Game Saves to play with anyways.
    Yes, at release.
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    @Simmingal, I love your Castle. I wish I could build like that. For some reason, I just can't seem to figure out how to build a proper Castle. I've build many thing from Cave homes, Domes, Underground Bunkers, Spaceships, Pyramids, Mansions,
    Desert Palaces, Tree House, even an actual Under the Sea home in Sulani. But, Castle builds just seems impossible for me. Oh well, I do have lots of households with my Timeline Game Saves to play with anyways.

Yes, proper castles have round turrets and circular stairs usually, at least in the uk and so do many minarets in the Eastern countries. We've got the half walls but also need the half width bricks to make the lookout posts at the top and the tiny slot windows for shooting the arrows from.

I hope we might get something like this if we got a magical, fairyland type world sometime with a possible medieval theme.

One can but hope!
    edited May 2021
    Simburian wrote: »
    SERVERFRA wrote: »

Yes, proper castles have round turrets and circular stairs usually, at least in the uk and so do many minarets in the Eastern countries. We've got the half walls but also need the half width bricks to make the lookout posts at the top and the tiny slot windows for shooting the arrows from.

I hope we might get something like this if we got a magical, fairyland type world sometime with a possible medieval theme.

One can but hope!

yeah we don't really have much build buy that works for castles and castle(ish) mansions

the biggest struggle is limiting yourself from placing thousand security hazard windows though

cause i mean realistically even that castle shouldn't be having so many windows but but but it looks nicer in the game to have something on the wall soo... lets just say they are magical windows :innocent:

also i really wish i had some actual traps to place cause as it is eliza pancakes can just march in with her fruitcakes