Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Farming EP hint on the new GP?

Comments

• Options
    ReedfishReedfish Posts: 222 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    Reedfish wrote: »
    Omg, and there was a line in the blog post about a client unexpectedly asking for a 'child's tent', as if they're trying to drag our attention to it.

I'm pretty convinced the EP will be farming now. I don't know why people don't think it's bonding with nature - I mean, you have to understand nature and work with it to have any success at farming. Good luck harvesting any crops if they're in the wrong soil, or the rain doesn't come. I also think it's probably a hint at having to 'bond' with your farm animals to get good produce out of them, Stardew Valley style. I'm also hoping that there might be horses included in the pack, just because they go with farming so well - and maybe you have to bond with wild ones in order to adopt them - or 'bond with nature' a lot to find the secret, hidden unicorn.

I don't think of it as bonding with nature because all the Farmers I've known personally have had a more adversarial relationship with nature than a bonding one. Not with the land on their own farm, but with the trees surrounding it, wild animals, etc.

A bond doesn't have to be a completely good bond, though. Just a connection to it, more so than someone living in a suburb buying all their food from the supermarket. I think someone literally living on the land and working it is going to bond with nature more than someone who goes for a hike in a nature reserve once a year.
  • Options
    gamercatgamercat Posts: 208 Member
    also did you see the full moon on the goth styled room It's heard to guess because there are so many things that could be clues but I think the ep will be a fairy's and werewolf mix but farming would be so fun
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    I thought the new kids tent was a clue to Generations.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    if it is not farming then all these hints are just a personal attack at this point cos this totally screams “bond with nature” (farming!) to me 😩

That might just be one version of it. Other swatches might be a tower block, a Bedouin tent, a fairy house or a animal's lair for all we know!

My guesses have all been so off the mark that I think I will give up making any more I think. :'(
  • Options
    Hauk150Hauk150 Posts: 358 Member
    That tent is super cute. I cannot wait to see to what new pack belongs B)
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    That tent is super cute. Wonder if sims could sit and read or knit inside it.
  • Options
    NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    if it is not farming then all these hints are just a personal attack at this point cos this totally screams “bond with nature” (farming!) to me 😩

That might just be one version of it. Other swatches might be a tower block, a Bedouin tent, a fairy house or a animal's lair for all we know!

My guesses have all been so off the mark that I think I will give up making any more I think. :'(

One of the versions is a space/astronaut theme. You can see it in the trailer when they're at the Pancakes house.
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    I personally am not feeling like this is a hint, like NationalPokedex stated about the other swatch being a rocketship or space themed. There might be others like a castle or a beach scene, etc.
  • Options
    Jewels20Jewels20 Posts: 79 Member

One of the versions is a space/astronaut theme. You can see it in the trailer when they're at the Pancakes house.

Maybe the astronaut/space theme is in reference to the aliens we already have? I mean the farm animal theme for the tent is nothing like what we have in the game. There is barely enough animals as it is.

If the farm animal theme is not a hint and the pack has nothing to do with that...well that’s just evil
  • Options
    Jewels20 wrote: »

Maybe the astronaut/space theme is in reference to the aliens we already have? I mean the farm animal theme for the tent is nothing like what we have in the game. There is barely enough animals as it is.

If the farm animal theme is not a hint and the pack has nothing to do with that...well that’s just evil

It’s possible.

I just know that farm animals is a very common design theme for products aimed at small children, so it could just be trying to reflect that. It’s like how they have the wallpaper with dinosaurs and things too.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Jewels20 wrote: »

It’s possible.

I just know that farm animals is a very common design theme for products aimed at small children, so it could just be trying to reflect that. It’s like how they have the wallpaper with dinosaurs and things too.

That makes sense, but they could have used something that wasn’t so highly demanded so it wouldn’t make us speculate so much. Like cats and dogs and some other small animals that are already in the game.

It is cute though. I just don’t want to get my hopes up..
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    What will the tent be used for? Will it be like another dollhouse or can they sleep in? That's what I wonder.
  • Options
    ForgeronForgeron Posts: 272 Member
    There is a thin line between something like that being exciting and offensive, I hope its a hint, otherwise its mockery.
  • Options
    ForgeronForgeron Posts: 272 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    Bond with Nature doesn't really cry farming to me either, but maybe if they went more Cottage Core/self-sustaining/Live off the land vibes (as opposed to commercial farming)

I keep hoping farming will show up so we can move on to whatever the next demand is. :wink:

Its either generations or hobbies/freetime for the next demand. I just hope they don't keep mocking us for years till they finally give us those, and faires/werewolves too (maybe even an supernatural expansion pack reworking all the mistreated occults like aliens, mermaids and plantsims).
  • Options
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    What will the tent be used for? Will it be like another dollhouse or can they sleep in? That's what I wonder.

I wonder this too. Did they purposely put the tent there so we would look into it more? Maybe the tent could be for story time or an imaginative place for toddlers to play in. Either way the themes that go with the tent is really starting to toy with us now...

• Options

There! You see! I was right. That's one option I missed out but it could mean that they chose the farm on purpose to hint or intrigue.

Some Simmers might have liked Bond as in James Bond though, with a dangerous spy or detective theme but I can't see any tie up with him and Nature!
  • Options
    BB0990BB0990 Posts: 28 Member
    > @TheIntrovertSimmer said:
    > if it is not farming then all these hints are just a personal attack at this point cos this totally screams “bond with nature” (farming!) to me 😩
    >
    > https://twitter.com/RoxxySims/status/1395413189899309058?s=19

this is giving me Animal Crossing vibes!!!
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    Fairys also bond with nature. With hardly any new gameplay included in the Interior Design Gamepack, I would not be surprised if the EP was fairys in their own pretty fairy world and that's it.

The EP could also be fairys, unicorns and horses, but that would probably be beyond the scope of a TS4 Expansion Pack (though I do like the idea a lot).
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    That tent is sure cute, but is it pure decorative? How will my toddler gain fun from it?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    It's certainly a "charming" tent! I don't want to get to excited but I really, really hope it's a hint..
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    ReedfishReedfish Posts: 222 Member

The thing is, things like a castle or a rocket (a swatch seen in the trailer) make sense for a tent because they're like buildings, or vehicles you can get inside at least, like you can get inside a tent. But an open field, full of animals? That's a less obvious theme. I hear what you're saying though, and I just think this is likely to be a hint, and farming is likely to be the next pack. I certainly don't think it's for definite by any means - there's not much point thinking anything's definitely coming with this game.
  • Options
    Reedfish wrote: »

The thing is, things like a castle or a rocket (a swatch seen in the trailer) make sense for a tent because they're like buildings, or vehicles you can get inside at least, like you can get inside a tent. But an open field, full of animals? That's a less obvious theme. I hear what you're saying though, and I just think this is likely to be a hint, and farming is likely to be the next pack. I certainly don't think it's for definite by any means - there's not much point thinking anything's definitely coming with this game.

The way things are going it might be coming in a couple of years' time. Sigh! :/
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    That tent is sure cute, but is it pure decorative? How will my toddler gain fun from it?
    I imagine they can sleep in it, and maybe sit down and play with dolls or something. But honestly, toddlers IRL are happy just simply being in a tent in the first place.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options

In the trailer, Iggy was playing in it. So they probably gain fun from imagination play. I think Bob was also playing with him outside of the tent at one point.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    From the words 'bond with nature' about our next Expansion it is definitely something that can involve farming.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.