Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 - Dream Home Decorator GP

Comments

• Loves2draw1812Loves2draw1812 Posts: 168 Member
    I don't understand... where's the gameplay? It's just building?

That's what I'd like to know. They put too much effort into creating these little stories than properly showing the features of the pack.
    Unless that's really all there is to the pack in which case....how is it a gamepack?
  • Aquarius94Aquarius94 Posts: 505 Member
    edited May 2021

That's what I'd like to know. They put too much effort into creating these little stories than properly showing the features of the pack.
    Unless that's really all there is to the pack in which case....how is it a gamepack?

That's how they pad out the lack of content. Distract players with the life story of a sim nobody cares about and will probably never actually see in their games. A story that, by the way, had zero to do with any of the pack's new "features" XD
  • BluelleBluelle Posts: 327 Member
    edited May 2021
    It's good... compared to the Sims 4 standard. Like, it feels wrong to be negative about this because I know people will be like 'lighten up' or 'stop trying to find faults in everything'. Like, it's an OK pack..?

My points
    • This is an entire pack clearly aimed at the young adult life stage. Sure you can play with an adult or elder, but it's clearly targeted towards the young adult stage. This is like the last stage we need to work on, seriously.
    • A WHOLE game pack for ONE career? You KNOW this is going to get old quickly. Repetetive is the word for every active career so far in this game and I'm basing my expectations off of what we've seen so far in previous packs. It gets repetetive.
    • I get that people like the sectional couches and more cabinets (which is kind of sad if you think about it, that the bar is THAT low), but this GAME pack seems so tiny. So... specialized. So focused on one single aspect.
    • Once againn, instead of listening to the community and searching the web and the forums to learn what people have been asking for for literally 7 years, they go in their own direction. They disregard the community entirely and make other things that the game DOES NOT NEED RIGHT NOW. Adding piles and piles of fuel on a fire standing on damp logs. It's just... it feels... so cash grabby. So ignorant.
    • This last point is literally just me being irritated by the trailer. Stop. Talking. The 'point of view' thing is super cringe, oh my gosh

Edit: Some spelling mistakes
  • Aquarius94Aquarius94 Posts: 505 Member
    edited May 2021
    I'd have been fine with a game pack that focuses on one career if the career wasn't something people have already been doing in the game since day 1. That's why the interior designer career was dumb in TS3, too. But at least that didn't come in a pack where it was the main selling point. I could look past it in that game. But this? The more I think about it, the more annoyed I am by this pack lol

$20 for "Build/Buy Mode: The Career"
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    I was hoping there would be more to this pack, but my instincts told me otherwise before I watched the reveal trailer. Heavy sigh. I miss the excitement of watching a reveal trailer and seeing something that makes me want new packs. And again that was the case this morning. The hype for a new pack has been lost somewhere along the line, and I doubt it will return any time soon. I called Sims4 a Barbie Dream House game in another post yesterday and I was right in believing that is exactly what has become of Sims4. What a shame. So much potential for new gameplay content and they create a pack with even more BB assets. There is no way I would pay twenty dollars for a pack like this. At least Nifty Knitting was different, introduced Plopsy, a ton of craftables and gave our Sims a way to connect with other Sims through teaching other Sims, even the kids, how to knit. I have CC that is so similar to what is in this GP there's no reason at all for me to purchase it. The new furniture in the pack looks nice, but I'm starving for new game play content. All the pretty stuff in this twenty dollar pack can't make up for that. :/
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I'd hate to think of the damage this pack could do to builds if it's super buggy.
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    edited May 2021
    Aquarius94 wrote: »

That's how they pad out the lack of content. Distract players with the life story of a sim nobody cares about and will probably never actually see in their games. A story that, by the way, had zero to do with any of the pack's new "features" XD

The voice over was SO cringy I can't rewatch the trailer. Seriously.
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    edited May 2021
    I think this is the most disappointed I have ever been with a revel.

You probably missed JTB- but to be fair, JTB has more gameplay than this even though it sucks. :D

• Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited May 2021

It's funny because it's true. The worst packs for TS4 always have dumb 🐸🐸🐸🐸 story trailers....with millennial baby talk voice overs, like Island Living, Snowy Escape and Journey to Your Butt.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,875 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

It's funny because it's true. The worst packs for TS4 always have dumb ❤️❤️❤️❤️ story trailers.... Island Living, Snowy Escape and Journey to Your Butt all had story trailers with millennial baby talk voice overs.

I have to disagree, UNI trailer was the worse in my opinion.

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    Does anyone know what university degree you think this would fall under? Wasn't sure if it could maybe be in Fine Arts or Art History.
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    What a concept! Stuff packs at game pack prices. And charging for what we can already do in build/buy mode on top of it. I may have been born at night, but it wasn't last night.
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    I'm not sure about this one...did anyone in the community ask for this? This all kind of seems like it could have been included in one of our free updates...I don't know, maybe there's more than meets the eye? I'll probably end up buying it, cause I buy everything - but I'm about as excited for this as I was Batauu. As in not at all. My First Pet had me more excited, mkay?
  • troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    TS4_GP10-Dream-Home-Decor_OWNED_YT_1080p-0170.jpg
    If everything in this image is in the new pack it may be worth the $5 or whatever they cost.

I really love the artwork, that door is really trendy, the whole vibe of this room is good. Especially like the curved sofa. (image from simscommunity.com).

What do y'all think
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
    There is a thread on this already - https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/989941/the-sims-4-dream-home-decorator-gp#latest - please merge them guru moderator
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    There’s some new bedroom and kitchen furniture in it, as well. The sofa is actually modular so you can make all sorts of shapes.
    Obviously there is the new career.
    And it’s $20 (just mentioning because that $5 is shooting way below the cost 😂).

I wonder if it will come with a new world.
    @NationalPokedex wasn't aware they were selling as a GP. when I read the article on simscommunity I thought it was one of those new packs that is smaller than a SP., forgot what they are called. As a GP, it seems overpriced
  • ForgeronForgeron Posts: 272 Member
    Two new kitchen appliances (or maybe they're the same appliance but just different designs). I don't think it's a microwave - at least not the first one, since there's a BG microwave to the right of the picture. They look like toaster ovens?
    jPPSnvU.pngzcKLKRb.png

It seemed to me like they put a lot of emphasis on families in the trailer. It could be a hint that family play will receive more attention, either through an update or a pack, but I'm not getting my hopes up. It's nice that we're getting something (kids tent) for the kids in this pack, at least.

Favourite colours were mentioned, but it's probably just a randomized colour scheme for requests. I'm not getting my hopes up for a favourites patch.
    Edit: from blog post
    Everyone has Preferences, you know? Likes and Dislikes matter when it comes to decorating. So ask questions! Find out their favorite color and music genre and decor style. Ask about the things that inspire them, if they have any hobbies, what their favorite pieces are.
    I am very pleasantly surprised.

I'm liking the sectional sofas. I hope we can do this with most sofas, since we saw a sectional sofa tool screenshot leak a while ago. The bunk bed updates are nice as well.

As for gameplay, unless they're not telling us something, this doesn't look GP-worthy to me. There was a city in the background in a window, but it's probably San Myshuno, and I HIGHLY doubt that a new world wouldn't be advertised in the reveal trailer. iBVrYpW.png

Update: from blog post
    Client referrals make a real difference, but I used to blog and promote myself on social media, too. Now, you can watch me on the home decorator channel!
    New TV channel. Creation of blogs, or it's just an interaction on the PC/cellphone as an advertising mechanism. I'm hoping we can make blogs about anything.

@Louise_G0325 they would never use a world from another pack in a new pack. Its a new world, or a lot in Newcrest/Willow Creek/Oasis Springs too close to the fake apartment buildings in the background.
  • GreenTurtleGreenTurtle Posts: 153 Member
    Well, maybe there will be some updates to build-mode?

It would be a let down if the sectional sofa's were the special feature, though. At the very least those should be a base game update so they can add different styles at a later date.
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Bluelle wrote: »
    It's good... compared to the Sims 4 standard. Like, it feels wrong to be negative about this because I know people will be like 'lighten up' or 'stop trying to find faults in everything'. Like, it's an OK pack..?

My points
    [*] A WHOLE game pack for ONE career? You KNOW this is going to get old quickly. Repetetive is the word for every active career so far in this game and I'm basing my expectations off of what we've seen so far in previous packs. It gets repetetive.

I mean everything in a Life Simulator is repetetive what matters most is you enjoy it? Retail is repetetive (even in TS2). Going to a Vacation and Camping is Repetetive. Exploring a Jungle is Repetetive. Creating Generations is a repitition of Adult Sims creating a family over and over.

Even every pack is Repetetive. University? That can get old quickly just doing academics and some creating friends that you can already do in the base game. Seasons? Holidays appear in every other day depending on the schedule you made. Rain Happens almost everyday depending on the season so it might get repetetive.

Every game feature is repetetive. It only changes if the player that plays that cycle enjoys it. So I do not get the complaint of a feature being repetetive when every feature in the game is repetetive. I mean Everyday sims cook for foods yet no one complain that it is so repetetive.
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Dakota88 wrote: »

The voice over was SO cringy I can't rewatch the trailer. Seriously.

If I heard a cringey voice in the first 5 sec of a Sims 4 Trailer, I immediatley mute it and turn on the subtitles. Much more Better hahahaha. But yeah, the way they talk to consumers is like Children. Why is there a need for cute type voice that we only use most of the time in real life for Babies and our pets?
  • Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Forgeron wrote: »
    Two new kitchen appliances (or maybe they're the same appliance but just different designs). I don't think it's a microwave - at least not the first one, since there's a BG microwave to the right of the picture. They look like toaster ovens?
    jPPSnvU.pngzcKLKRb.png

It seemed to me like they put a lot of emphasis on families in the trailer. It could be a hint that family play will receive more attention, either through an update or a pack, but I'm not getting my hopes up. It's nice that we're getting something (kids tent) for the kids in this pack, at least.

Favourite colours were mentioned, but it's probably just a randomized colour scheme for requests. I'm not getting my hopes up for a favourites patch.
    Edit: from blog post
    Everyone has Preferences, you know? Likes and Dislikes matter when it comes to decorating. So ask questions! Find out their favorite color and music genre and decor style. Ask about the things that inspire them, if they have any hobbies, what their favorite pieces are.
    I am very pleasantly surprised.

I'm liking the sectional sofas. I hope we can do this with most sofas, since we saw a sectional sofa tool screenshot leak a while ago. The bunk bed updates are nice as well.

As for gameplay, unless they're not telling us something, this doesn't look GP-worthy to me. There was a city in the background in a window, but it's probably San Myshuno, and I HIGHLY doubt that a new world wouldn't be advertised in the reveal trailer. iBVrYpW.png

Update: from blog post
    Client referrals make a real difference, but I used to blog and promote myself on social media, too. Now, you can watch me on the home decorator channel!
    New TV channel. Creation of blogs, or it's just an interaction on the PC/cellphone as an advertising mechanism. I'm hoping we can make blogs about anything.

@Louise_G0325 they would never use a world from another pack in a new pack. Its a new world, or a lot in Newcrest/Willow Creek/Oasis Springs too close to the fake apartment buildings in the background.

In the beginning of the trailer, they show this background
    ZoA2cIM.png

And after the makeover, the background is this
    38Hehfd.png

The first one looks like Oasis Springs, while the second looks like Forgotten hollow bc of the moon. I haven't really paid attention to how the moon looks in Oasis Springs, but the colouring of the world and the massive moon seems characteristic of FH to me. I could be wrong though.

While trailers mostly only contain content and worlds from the BG and the pack being showcased, there have been exceptions. Vlad was in a Seasons trailer as the "weird cousin" at a feast party - Vlad comes with Vampires.
    I wouldn't be surprised if they used a few other worlds in the backgrounds for the trailer to "spice it up" and add more atmosphere. Like I said, I can't imagine that they wouldn't at least mention if a new world came with the pack. If a new world is coming, they need to hire a new PR team bc that is an atrocious thing to leave out. It creates hate towards the pack for being empty as the initial reaction, and first impressions linger, especially in TS4 where we are so used to taking the trailers exactly for face value since the packs are usually empty and speculating that there's more to it is usually just setting ourselves up for disappointment.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    The Build and Buy for this pack looks great, I am definitely considering buying it at a 45% or more sale. I will never use the gameplay, so buying it at full price is out of the question.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
    Pretty, but just a glorified stuff pack. IF i got it, would need to be on a steep sale and loaded to the gills.
    Looks like more of their fake background artwork. Appropriate as this 'game' gets more phony with each new pack.