Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Asian Eye Presets in Latest Patch

2...Next

Comments

• MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    There’s a tutorial here on how to post a picture, I use Imgur too.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/830602/tutorial-how-to-upload-pictures-to-this-forum/p1
    Well maybe show us which ones you mean ?
    Well these for instance are a bit odd :

cgyJcCj.png
    Ok I just made these two sims using the new eyes but I tweaked them a little bit.

TOREBaW.png
    x7pB00L.png

Nice job. But you picked the few new eye presets that are fine as it is. It's the majority of the new ones that came with the latest patch that would take a lot more tweaking and some you can't at all. Those are the ones I am referring to.

Nah, it's some way worst than these, lol! Like you can't even tweak them.

Unless you show me how, I don't know how to attach the picture here or I would have put it in my original post, lol. Maybe, you can find it. IDK, there's one that looks really bad if you scroll down under the new Asian preset "eyes". I think it's on the right side column, midway down and the entire eye is wavy and cartoonish looking. If you can't find it. That's ok. I think eventually you will and know exactly what I'm referring to, lol.

Thanks, I'll check it out!
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,590 Member
    I think most of the other presets look ugly too by default to me. But you just have to tweak them to your liking and they can look nice. To be honest, I tend to just use maybe 3-4 presets only and ignore the rest. 🤣
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited May 2021
    presets are cool but how about upgading the eyelashes to not be so blocky? they look ugly
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    And to be usable with every eyes rather than just a few.
    bella_goth wrote: »
    presets are cool but how about upgading the eyelashes to not be so blocky? they look ugly

• bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited May 2021
    And to be usable with every eyes rather than just a few.

right! if they get a visual change, we could be able to customize them. it's may be a detail but it would be nice if we could choose whether to put them on a certain preset or not, also customize the length and the position (straight or curled eyelashes for example). kijiko cc eyelashes are very well done, devs could get inspired by them. they also fit well with both alpha and maxis match.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member

Yes please! I've been using CC lashes in my game ever since I discovered they existed. The games default lashes don't even look like lashes and some of the eye presets don't seem to have any lashes at all which looks weird.
  • EA_LannaEA_Lanna Posts: 3,867 EA Community Manager
    Hey folks, we did a bit of a tidy up on the thread. Please keep in mind the rules when posting. It's always best to keep things polite and friendly and to try to be aware of how your posts can sometimes read. Thank you very much.
    • New Simmers, take a moment to read through this thread.
    • The Help Center is hosted on Answers HQ. Check out EA_Mage's thread on why.
    • Please post all Sims 4 Bug Reports, Technical and Gameplay issues in the AHQ Sims 4 Section.
    • Here is a quick link to The Sims forum rules
    oa2aib6yaucg.jpg

• greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    I think the eyes look wonderful and I can't wait to use them, but I'm waiting until the next patch with Likes and Dislikes and the hair colors before I make any new sims. :smile:
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
    @MsKatieRose , could you describe or post a picture of a few of the eyes that you don't like? I'd love to try and make a sim with them.
    • She/Her.
    greydonn wrote: »
    I think the eyes look wonderful and I can't wait to use them, but I'm waiting until the next patch with Likes and Dislikes and the hair colors before I make any new sims. :smile:

Just curious, where did you hear that new hair colors was on the way?
    greydonn wrote: »

Just curious, where did you hear that new hair colors was on the way?

I've read many forum posts that said that the hair colors are coming in the same patch as the one bringing likes and dislikes. It should be this Thursday.
    • She/Her.
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    I appreciate any new content. I liked the new eyes. I haven't used them yet (unless they were the eyes that appeared on the random sim I created over the weekend). But @CAPTAIN_NXR7 is 100% right, it's more than just the eyes, you have to work on the whole shape of the face to make it work. You can slam any bits of face together to create a cartoon. To shift those parts to make a particular beautiful/ugly/unusual sim can take patience and artistry. I love this aspect of creating a sim.

When I create new sims I go back and forth between making minor tweaks on whatever random sim appears, to taking hours to fiddle with the face shapes, eyes, cheekbones, chins, etc. When I click on a new face part some of the changes are subtle, some are almost startling. Once I find a look that seems likely I dive in and start tweaking. It's kind of like building, in a way, only instead of building a house, you are creating a sim. Hmm, maybe I should say it can be more like sculpting, when it's the face.

And don't get me started on the hair. The right hair for my sim is very important. I have changed some sims hair at least a dozen times.

I've recently realized a lot of my female sims look very similar, I think I instinctively click on one or two of the random face types and go from there. I've just started to choose other faces and am going to be working toward making my simmies more unique.
    Isharell wrote: »
    I appreciate any new content. I liked the new eyes. I haven't used them yet (unless they were the eyes that appeared on the random sim I created over the weekend). But @CAPTAIN_NXR7 is 100% right, it's more than just the eyes, you have to work on the whole shape of the face to make it work. You can slam any bits of face together to create a cartoon. To shift those parts to make a particular beautiful/ugly/unusual sim can take patience and artistry. I love this aspect of creating a sim.

When I create new sims I go back and forth between making minor tweaks on whatever random sim appears, to taking hours to fiddle with the face shapes, eyes, cheekbones, chins, etc. When I click on a new face part some of the changes are subtle, some are almost startling. Once I find a look that seems likely I dive in and start tweaking. It's kind of like building, in a way, only instead of building a house, you are creating a sim. Hmm, maybe I should say it can be more like sculpting, when it's the face.

And don't get me started on the hair. The right hair for my sim is very important. I have changed some sims hair at least a dozen times.

I've recently realized a lot of my female sims look very similar, I think I instinctively click on one or two of the random face types and go from there. I've just started to choose other faces and am going to be working toward making my simmies more unique.

I know exactly how to work with presets and rather enjoy all the sims I have created. But I have to 100% disagree with you and the other poster on that and stand by my critique of the new Asian presets. If you disagree, then have fun with figuring out how to work with them, lol. I will not be working with the ones I don't like. Accept it and move on. Cheers....
    Fair enough, I know I'm not going to try to make you like something you're obviously not fond of, but could you still tell us which eyes you have problems with?
    • She/Her.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top