Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's the last thing you ate?

Comments

• dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    Tacos
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    Treated myself to a breakfast burrito with plant-based sausage, peppers, onions, egg, chilpotles, and a slice of pepper jack, on an eggwhite wrap. With a huge mug of organic decaf...now I'm thinking I really want some caffeine because I have a lot of work to do and am not feeling it.

Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • magic_cat_treemagic_cat_tree Posts: 292 Member
    edited May 2021
    Nush, that sounds so yummy; are you vegan by any chance?

My husband made an awesome cauliflower and chickpea curry today, so we had that for dinner
    Drummer in Seize The Day
    Nush, that sounds so yummy; are you vegan by any chance?

My husband made an awesome cauliflower and chickpea curry today, so we had that for dinner

No, though I would have no problem with it if I weren't allergic to so many foods as to make it very impractical for me. I do love nearly-raw red meat, but have dramatically reduced consumption anyway.

I'm allergic to (among other things) coconut, corn, mushrooms, walnuts (and getting more reactive to other treenuts), and almost all members of the cabbage family (brassicas) including turnips, kale, bok choy, napa cabbage...very sad as I love those foods) plus most cooking herbs and seed spices like cumin, dill, basil, oregano, thyme, rosemary.

However, despite my not being allergic to egg, dairy, or grains (other than corn), I'm accustomed to cooking and baking grain-free vegan for others, such that if anyone needs to know how to make a grain-free vegan this-or-that, I could probably help.

Last thing I ate this morning was really a beverage and it's this (wonderful stuff!):

lR5RiY3m.jpg

xicwqMCm.jpg
    No, though I would have no problem with it if I weren't allergic to so many foods as to make it very impractical for me. I do love nearly-raw red meat, but have dramatically reduced consumption anyway.

I'm allergic to (among other things) coconut, corn, mushrooms, walnuts (and getting more reactive to other treenuts), and almost all members of the cabbage family (brassicas) including turnips, kale, bok choy, napa cabbage...very sad as I love those foods) plus most cooking herbs and seed spices like cumin, dill, basil, oregano, thyme, rosemary.

However, despite my not being allergic to egg, dairy, or grains (other than corn), I'm accustomed to cooking and baking grain-free vegan for others, such that if anyone needs to know how to make a grain-free vegan this-or-that, I could probably help.

Omg dude I'm sorry ;_; allergies suck!!
    But that's so cool that you like to cook vegan ^_^ I couldn't even boil water until I turned vegan lol :D it forced me to learn all sorts of interesting new recipes.

The last thing I ate was vegan tikka masala and watermelon for dessert YUM <3
    Drummer in Seize The Day
    Sushi and a Nanaimo bar
    @magic_cat_tree aw, thanks! And that veggie tikka marsala sounds scrumptious. I recently made some grain-free vegan brownies. The base of the batter was ground peanuts (health-food-store peanut butter, ground on site, no salt or other ingredients) and ripe bananas, and cacao. This time, I wanted them frosted, so I used chocolate hummus, believe it or not. I can't eat regular hummus because it contains cumin, but these brownies were really good.

They looked darker in real life than they do in the photo.

yu3M33Cl.jpg

..and, not being an actual vegan, I did indeed slow-smoke some meat today in the new smoker/grill we bought. It came out really well, very tender. But now I feel like maybe tomorrow, I should fast. Or at least, live on green smoothies and decaf coldbrew.

xicwqMCm.jpg
    @Nushnushganay they look amazzzing! You're making me want to make brownies!! ^_^ I'm trying to be on a diet though ;_;
    btw there's a really cool vegan cooking channel on YT called 'hot for food', I thought you might find it interesting. The woman who makes all the recipes is super talented and has segments where she just spontaneously makes something out of whatever leftovers she has in the fridge

and I just ate a vegan burger with peanut butter, banana and pineapple :p it was delicious!
    Drummer in Seize The Day
    Hubs and I enjoyed an outdoor-dining date, and I had a pint of local craft beer (yes, I've mostly quit drinking, but had the one, enjoyed it, and don't plan on having another any time soon), and I had calamari, and a green salad. It was wonderful, but most of all, because of the company. <3

@magic_cat_tree Glad you went for it and enjoyed that unusual combination on the burger! And thanks for the encouragement on the brownies. They're really easy to make if you have a food processor, and if you don't add sugar (or only add like 2 tsp. for an entire batch) then they are no worse for your diet than a serving of peanut butter, and a bit of banana and some dutched cocoa. But I sympathize. Have had so many treats lately I feel like I need to fast.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • PriestessDreadfulPriestessDreadful Posts: 284 Member
    y6WMgOQ.jpg

• rubyskywalkerrubyskywalker Posts: 1,174 Member
    edited May 2021
    Chocolate covered oats...
    Origin ID and TS3 Username: DollyGizzy
    Hoping to complete the Brunch at the Old Mill set for CYS. 16 items left.
    My Sims 3 Store Wishlist: https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=DollyGizzy
    My TS3 Blog: https://rubysasimslife.blogspot.com
    A little bit of this zabaglione / sabayon I was making in the double boiler, for an anniversary tiramisu:

w348panm.jpg

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • February11February11 Posts: 12,608 Member
    y6WMgOQ.jpg

I haven't had one of those for YEARS!

Thai take away tonight.
    MLgj4Vx.png
    Berry fruit by the foot.
  • rubyskywalkerrubyskywalker Posts: 1,174 Member
    edited May 2021
    Leftover shrimp scampi that was just penne pasta and broccoli leftover, sauteed mushrooms, pulled pork and some broccoli & carrots. I haven't had a snack after supper yet surprisingly.
    Also, @dreamerz13 it's been forever since I had one of those!
    Origin ID and TS3 Username: DollyGizzy
    Hoping to complete the Brunch at the Old Mill set for CYS. 16 items left.
    My Sims 3 Store Wishlist: https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=DollyGizzy
    My TS3 Blog: https://rubysasimslife.blogspot.com
  • Charolette_MagdaCharolette_Magda Posts: 16 Member
    Peach yogurt
    Well, it's not actually the last thing I ate, but I made a tiramisu, and did it by making a zabaglione in my double boiler, to mix the mascarpone with, but it was a bit drier than I wanted, so next time, I'll make it with raw egg yolks instead.

It wasn't exactly photogenic, but let's face it: ladyfingers dipped in a combination of espresso (I used ristretto) and spirits, layered with richer-than-cream-cheese mascarpone blend and shaved dark chocolate, isn't easy to cut and plate very neatly unless it were nearly frozen first.

zibyKqhm.jpg

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • TEXASKITTYKATTEXASKITTYKAT Posts: 5,909 Member
    Brussel sprouts, baked potato & fish steaks
    Dined out with hubs (outdoors too, really nice) and had grilled salmon on a spinach salad, a local craft IPA, and lemon water.

It was a nice time.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • inkyvioletinkyviolet Posts: 147 Member
    Egg and Lettuce sandwich from the Petrol Station.

OMG I'm so disgusting cause it was my dinner tonight
  • inkyvioletinkyviolet Posts: 147 Member
    Too fancy to not post a pic
  • GingerLlamaGingerLlama Posts: 51 Member
    Haribo Gummie! Yummm
  • MMA_Rebel10MMA_Rebel10 Posts: 52 Member
    Rice Krispy Treats
    I smoked some boneless beef ribs today, and had them for dinner:

0TwBcSDl.jpg

I also made a nice genoise, topped it with strawberry reduction and a bit of local raw Jersey cream:

VFzI1ZWl.jpg

Then I had to go get some exercise because that was almost too much rich food to handle.

xicwqMCm.jpg