Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lets ask for Sims 4 CAW

I noticed in today's livestream that they took questions from players. I'm not sure where I can send questions, but how about us builders and sims 3 caw users join to ask things about CAW? I really need to know if that tool is out of question, I'm still hopefull its possible, but I'm not sure. I really need that in my life.

Comments

• Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    How would that work tho? Their worlds ends with a backdrop and have certain areas locked off to divide neighborhoods. How would that work with CAW? How would you create the backdrop? Or tell it where the neighborhoods ends and when to hit a loadi screen? Or how many lots are in each neighborhood? I doubt they know fully about their own CAW program if they keep giving small worlds and have only once given us a big world.
    CAW has been asked in the past, but how would they implement it.
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    We'd use it the same way the devs do. Add spawn points to the edges, use one of the several available backdrops, build a neighborhood like normal. The hardest part would probably be the neighborhood view image. I don't know if it generates or they have to draw it. I'm still sure this community will figure it out.

I want CAW.
  • Options
    Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    edited May 2021
    Don't they have that "don't ask us wishlist-esque stuff" though?

I need more free lots, so I wanna build more worlds.
  • Options
    chickenowchickenow Posts: 458 Member
    I agree with this so much. I get that it's probably impossible the way the game was designed but I would love to edit existing or add additional neighbourhoods to worlds like Evergreen Harbour or Del Sol Valley!
  • Options
    bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    The cynical part of me says we'll never get it - not after this long. It feels like the interest in that went out the window with SimGuruGrant (who is on another part of the franchise I think?), who afaik was the only one talking about it as a possibility a couple of years ago.

I do desperately want it, though. How do we get the twitter brigade to care enough to make this a thing?
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    Yes yes yes! I’m for this 100% OP
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Forgeron wrote: »
    I noticed in today's livestream that they took questions from players. I'm not sure where I can send questions, but how about us builders and sims 3 caw users join to ask things about CAW? I really need to know if that tool is out of question, I'm still hopefull its possible, but I'm not sure. I really need that in my life.

Honestly, anything that would allow the end user to create their own worlds, edit lot sizes may not be possible at all in Sims 4. EA/Maxis may not want to give up the money that they make on selling neighborhoods behind an paywall. I just can't get excited about this game because it lost so much, but I hope EA/Maxis tell you why they can't do it.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    eternalrainneternalrainn Posts: 373 Member
    If they don't add in some sort of CAW, at least give us more empty worlds. I'd buy a pack if it had a bunch of just empty worlds - fantasy or realism.
  • Options
    ForgeronForgeron Posts: 272 Member
    How would that work tho? Their worlds ends with a backdrop and have certain areas locked off to divide neighborhoods. How would that work with CAW? How would you create the backdrop? Or tell it where the neighborhoods ends and when to hit a loadi screen? Or how many lots are in each neighborhood? I doubt they know fully about their own CAW program if they keep giving small worlds and have only once given us a big world.

Sims 2 neighborhoods didn't even had backdrops and simmers went out of their way just to add this. Everyone keeps bashing the cardboard cut outs on the horizon, but that's what makes the maps more realistic. They just need to give us the decorations to add to the horizon ourselves. Also, teh same way our lots have bouldaries we can see, the world can have a line showing where we can palce stuff, a ui showing the amount of lots our device can handle (instead of limiting it for everyone in the same amount of 3/5 lots), etc...
    I said it before... I wouldn't bother if it was a payed game pack. CAW was great in SIms 3, but it was far from being user friendly, and Sims 2 required you to own another game to build your maps. I'm ok to pay. They could also add a bunch of new deco instead of the free ones from Oasis Sprins and Willow Creek to be reused over and over again.
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    We'd use it the same way the devs do. Add spawn points to the edges, use one of the several available backdrops, build a neighborhood like normal. The hardest part would probably be the neighborhood view image. I don't know if it generates or they have to draw it. I'm still sure this community will figure it out.

I want CAW.

Exactly. The only problem I could see is the map, but even that we can figure out. Maybe they could do another ui were we have 2d stuff like trees to add like stickers, and roads and rivers to draw, or even import a drawing from outside the game.
    SamDenny wrote: »

Really? What I'm supposed to ask for them? hahaha lol The Sims team doesn't even want to hear us then. But in the latest livestream they answered "wishlist-esque" thigns about pronouns and better whims, didn't they? Or it doesn't count as a wish list? Cuz those are in my wishlist for sure.
    bizuktag wrote: »
    The cynical part of me says we'll never get it - not after this long. It feels like the interest in that went out the window with SimGuruGrant (who is on another part of the franchise I think?), who afaik was the only one talking about it as a possibility a couple of years ago.

I do desperately want it, though. How do we get the twitter brigade to care enough to make this a thing?

mayeb a hashtag? #BringBackCAWinSims4 or #WheresSims4CAW
    Goldmoldar wrote: »

Honestly, anything that would allow the end user to create their own worlds, edit lot sizes may not be possible at all in Sims 4. EA/Maxis may not want to give up the money that they make on selling neighborhoods behind an paywall. I just can't get excited about this game because it lost so much, but I hope EA/Maxis tell you why they can't do it.

We had CAW in SIms 3, and simmers still bought overpriced worlds from the store, so...

If they don't add in some sort of CAW, at least give us more empty worlds. I'd buy a pack if it had a bunch of just empty worlds - fantasy or realism.

Yes, a new ui where we can add/remove worlds from our save files (like in SIms 2 where we could add universities and bluewater village and remove htem if we wanted) so we can manage our save files size in sims 4. Then a set of all the current maps empty/bulldozed, inhabited or not, etc... And a alternate version of each existing world with a new set of empty lots/etc. Maybe they could even add a pre-build newcrest to the list, cuz its annoying to rebuild it every single file.
  • Options
    ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member

I've said it before. I'll say it again. They could release another Newcrest-esque world full of 15 empty lots as a kit and I'd drop five bucks on it even if that's all that was in it.
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    This is what I did to work around the no CAW: I've made Futuristic (Foxfury Statue), Tree Landscapes, Snow Hills, Stone/Rock Landscapes & Apocalypse Lots in all my different Game Saves Timelines. I so wish I could save my beautiful worlds onto the Gallery to share with my fellow simmers. I see on YouTube the modders with their worlds & think some of my worlds looks better & I don't even use mods just vanilla with all my packs & my Sims 4 BB.ShowHiddenObjects BB.ShowLiveEditObjects
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited May 2021

Sims 2 neighborhoods didn't even had backdrops and simmers went out of their way just to add this. Everyone keeps bashing the cardboard cut outs on the horizon, but that's what makes the maps more realistic. They just need to give us the decorations to add to the horizon ourselves. Also, teh same way our lots have bouldaries we can see, the world can have a line showing where we can palce stuff, a ui showing the amount of lots our device can handle (instead of limiting it for everyone in the same amount of 3/5 lots), etc...
    I said it before... I wouldn't bother if it was a payed game pack. CAW was great in SIms 3, but it was far from being user friendly, and Sims 2 required you to own another game to build your maps. I'm ok to pay. They could also add a bunch of new deco instead of the free ones from Oasis Sprins and Willow Creek to be reused over and over again.
    Mstybl95 wrote: »

I want CAW.

Exactly. The only problem I could see is the map, but even that we can figure out. Maybe they could do another ui were we have 2d stuff like trees to add like stickers, and roads and rivers to draw, or even import a drawing from outside the game.
    SamDenny wrote: »

Really? What I'm supposed to ask for them? hahaha lol The Sims team doesn't even want to hear us then. But in the latest livestream they answered "wishlist-esque" thigns about pronouns and better whims, didn't they? Or it doesn't count as a wish list? Cuz those are in my wishlist for sure.
    bizuktag wrote: »

mayeb a hashtag? #BringBackCAWinSims4 or #WheresSims4CAW
    Goldmoldar wrote: »

We had CAW in SIms 3, and simmers still bought overpriced worlds from the store, so...

Yes, a new ui where we can add/remove worlds from our save files (like in SIms 2 where we could add universities and bluewater village and remove htem if we wanted) so we can manage our save files size in sims 4. Then a set of all the current maps empty/bulldozed, inhabited or not, etc... And a alternate version of each existing world with a new set of empty lots/etc. Maybe they could even add a pre-build newcrest to the list, cuz its annoying to rebuild it every single file.

Hmmm, when you buy an EP you pay $39.99 for EA/Maxis to provide you an neighborhood that you can't alter on your own with some fluff and stuff. Now, not everyone purchased worlds from the store also that was an option and even if they did at least the end user can make their own worlds if they wished, now can you do that in Sims 4? So all in all it cost you more to buy an neighborhood that is static, another thing there were many players that made beautiful worlds and you can't do that in Sims 4, So. ;)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    CAW is such a gamechanging feature, ea should use their resources to try and get at least a version of it on ts4 instead of using devs's time and budget in making so many shallow and effortless packs to get ez money
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    If we could create our own worlds, EA wouldn't even have to do it anymore. They could save money and focus on gameplay or anything else. I think the community has proven that they're willing to put in the man hours to make cc, mods, fix bugs, and worlds (if they let us) with more detail and creativity than maxis can dream up.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    edited May 2021
    I don’t think Maxis wants too many lots, or too large of worlds in the sims 4. They could have made a bundle off of me by selling new world packs. I play a vanilla game, but am dying for more worlds and lots. So many of the packs come with 15 or less lots, it’s terrible. I want to see some more worlds like Windenburg. I like having a lot of community venue lots.