Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MCCC gardening bug

plauplau Posts: 183 Member
edited May 2021 in General Mods Discussion
Hi! :)

The issue is with MCCC and gardening. Whenever I choose "harvest all" with multiple plants to harvest from, the sim only harvest from one plant, and I get a notification that says "looks like that's all to harvest right now", so to harvest every plant I have to click on every plant and then "harvest". Another issue is that the sim autonomously wants to "inspect garden" way too often. Several times a day. They run to the garden and then I get a notification that says no plants need tending at the moment. But they still go.

All these issues only happen when I have MCCC installed. As soon as I play without it, it works fine. I have the latest version of the mod.
I didn't have this issue a month or so ago, maybe it's because of an update?

Is there something in the settings that can explain this maybe? Is someone else having the same issue?

(I tried to get help from Discord but we couldn't figure it out)
Post edited by plau on

Comments

• Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,773 Member
    Hi! I have put a link to your post in the MCCC Local Help Chat Thread: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/913483/mc-command-center-local-help-chat-thread/p154 Maybe they will have the answer.
  • BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,694 Member
    plau wrote: »
    Hi! I went over to Deaderpool's discord page to get help but I think it's down for now. So I hope someone can help me here instead. :)

The issue is with MCCC and gardening. Whenever I choose "harvest all" with multiple plants to harvest from, the sim only harvest from one plant, and I get a notification that says "looks like that's all to harvest right now", so to harvest every plant I have to click on every plant and then "harvest". Another issue is that the sim autonomously wants to "inspect garden" way too often. Several times a day. They run to the garden and then I get a notification that says no plants need tending at the moment. But they still go.

All these issues only happen when I have MCCC installed. As soon as I play without it, it works fine. I have the latest version of the mod.

Is there something in the settings that can explain this maybe? Is someone else having the same issue?

Hi! I'm from the MCCC team. We're looking into to that issue. Unfortunately we don't have any reports about such an behavior from other users. We have to do some testing to see whether we can reproduce the error. But I'm pretty sure that this is not caused by MCCC.

Discord is working fine - try this invitation: https://discord.gg/mccc
    Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
  • CherryBerryCloudCherryBerryCloud Posts: 689 Member
    I had the same issue, the harvesting. After looking through my mods, I removed LilMsSam's Auto Gardening mod, and the issue stopped. My sims were able to harvest everything within a decent distance of the starting point like normal.
    Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
    I have loved the stars too truly to be fearful of the night.

Ha'aheo, e hoʻomau i kō kāua aloha, kau a kau.
  • bandit5bandit5 Posts: 917 Member
    mc has that option in the tuner so some mods not needed as mc has it
  • plauplau Posts: 183 Member
    Bonxie wrote: »
    Hi! I went over to Deaderpool's discord page to get help but I think it's down for now. So I hope someone can help me here instead. :)

Hi! I'm from the MCCC team. We're looking into to that issue. Unfortunately we don't have any reports about such an behavior from other users. We have to do some testing to see whether we can reproduce the error. But I'm pretty sure that this is not caused by MCCC.

Discord is working fine - try this invitation: https://discord.gg/mccc

Thank you, yes, I eventually figured out how to navigate discord, and they tried to help me but we didn't figure it out.
    I've tested the game and the issue happens only when I have MCCC in the mods folder. I even started a new game, same thing happened.
    I don't understand how this suddenly started happening.. Oh well, I'll just live with it I guess, playing the sims without a garden :(
    I had the same issue, the harvesting. After looking through my mods, I removed LilMsSam's Auto Gardening mod, and the issue stopped. My sims were able to harvest everything within a decent distance of the starting point like normal.

I don't have that mod, and as I wrote, the bug happens when I only have MCCC installed.
    bandit5 wrote: »

What option are you talking about? Which mods are not needed?
  • BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,694 Member
    edited May 2021

You can stop a lot of autonomous actions with MC Tuner and the Automation Scanner. It's a bit tricky to use at first, but once you get it, you can get rid of actions you don't want to see in your game. But I'm pretty sure, that it has nothing to do with the issue you posted here.

There is an explanation of the Automation Scan on the MCCC website, in case you're interested:
    https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/doc/automation

New MCCC version release is close at hand.

Guess, I found you post on Discord, but you use another nickname there, right?
    Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
    Bonxie wrote: »

You can stop a lot of autonomous actions with MC Tuner and the Automation Scanner. It's a bit tricky to use at first, but once you get it, you can get rid of actions you don't want to see in your game. But I'm pretty sure, that it has nothing to do with the issue you posted here.

There is an explanation of the Automation Scan on the MCCC website, in case you're interested:
    https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/doc/automation

New MCCC version release is close at hand.

Guess, I found you post on Discord, but you use another nickname there, right?

Yes I do, I don't remember my username there tho.
    I'll try to download the new version of MCCC when it's released, and see if that helps. Thanks :)