Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Home Decorator Negativity thread

Comments

• CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Also the part with the giant 'TA DAA' and REVEAL in giant letters.. which lead into sims doing the same cry and happy emotes they're always done. I felt quite deflated at that point.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    This is a pack based on one career, and it seems to be based largely on stuff we can already do in-game. Paranormal Stuff also offered one active career, and that was a Stuff Pack with a lot of unique gameplay. It's also going to be adult-exclusive, and the last thing we need is content exclusive to them. I know we can't blame the pack for not being bands, but bands could easily include younger sims into its gameplay. The furniture also doesn't seem to be particularly interesting. I think a lot of it is beautiful, but we have a ton of mid-century furniture like this. Some of these items look like they came straight from other packs. X.

Like I don't care for the theme, but I felt like they could have done way more with it. I could have been wowed if they put more effort in. And I doubt they'll put more effort in, because it feels like these pack trailers have more gameplay in them than the packs they're advertising. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if key features come broken in the initial release.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    NGL, the BB looks interesting. However, I'm not really into the career, although I really like active careers. The career will affect my play style. I play rotational with multiple households. I started all the household from nothing until they have enough to renovate the house over multiple generation.To have this career, one is required to do a gig which could be on one of my played households. I'm not going to be happy if any of my household requested the designer to change their interior, which I can do it by going to the build mode too.

This pack might be great for those who enjoy building, decorating or playing the Sims with a fully furnished house, which is not my style. Though I build from time to time for challenges & of course, my own Sims, houses, it's not my main priority playing this game. I'll probably going to buy it only on sale.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    I am not going to turn down an Interior Designer career, but I do see the points here.
    If this pack does not offer anything to make the clients unique like likes/dislikes, more personality, or anything that makes sims more unique, it will be a very weak pack. It should at least come with a new world.

Gigs are an established game play feature that they just need to repurpose. The object art style is something we already have.
    I wish this was more than just decorating. It should have been about architecture too. How about bulldozing and rebuilding an entire house with an Architecture career as well?

If it's just what we have seen, than yeah, it could have been a stuff pack.
    Maybe kits are stuff packs now, stuff packs are game packs, and game packs are EPs.
    I hope not. There has to be more to this pack.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • BluelleBluelle Posts: 327 Member
    Empty. Bound to be repetitive. Clearly targeted towards the Young Adult lifestage, which is the absolute last lifestage that needs to be worked on. ONE career for an entire GAME pack.

I get that they're trying to go their own way, be "creative" (it's a cash grab), and do their "own thing", but the thing they should be doing is to listen to the community. What have we been asking for for 7 years? How can they please their fanbase? Give us something we've asked for since forever? Oh, honey, no.

Take this pack instead, you'll love it! - Said the Sims team every time they created a pack that eventually turned out to be rubbish

Like, it's great for the people who love this. I'm not complaining for you, I'm happy for you. It's just so uncalled for? I cannot remember the last time I got excited over a pack. I feel like I'm turning into a negative blob every time a new pack comes out because it's just so disappointing - and I don't wanna be a negative blob. But I can't lie and feed into their bull//// and be like 'yess omg yayy how fuuun..' when it's clear that it's gonna be repetetive and not do anything to help fix the game's core problems and lacking aspects
  • AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,026 Member
    edited May 2021
    It's me who decides what the interior of my sims houses is gonna look like, not some randomizer. Not interested.
    It's me who decides what the interior of my sims houses looks like, not some randomizer. Not interested.

Exactly my sentiment! ;)
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    x4m1r4 wrote: »
    It's me who decides what the interior of my sims houses looks like, not some randomizer. Not interested.

Exactly my sentiment! ;)

That's something that whispering at the back of my mind.
    I wouldn't like it if my designer sim has my other sim as a client and their tastes or wants have nothing to do with the personality that I have created/imagined for them.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    Well, I don't know if the GP will be good or not (not my thing), but that has to be their worst trailer yet. I have this suspicion that instead of a full time writer on their marketing staff, they just select random workers who have an account on a fanfic account somewhere.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    edited May 2021
    So why Panty Nah waste so much time yakking about her family? Unless we're buying and redecorating her family, I don't care. And honestly, I'm sick of all these generic "relatable" voicover trailers we keep getting.

Edit: Autocorrect, why did you do Patina dirty like that lol
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,335 Member
    I'm liking the looks of the new objects, but this new active career seems just like build mode but your sims get paid for it. I might be wrong, but I'm not sure if there will be much new gameplay added to the game in this game pack.
    CK213 wrote: »
    x4m1r4 wrote: »

Exactly my sentiment! ;)

That's something that whispering at the back of my mind.
    I wouldn't like it if my designer sim has my other sim as a client and their tastes or wants have nothing to do with the personality that I have created/imagined for them.

Exactly! Glad that I'm not alone.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    muzickmage wrote: »
    Next GP.... Modeling career. Complete with CAS gameplay.

Technically we have Cas game play with the stylist career which I swear they only invented so we could make over the ridiculous outfits sims turn up.
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    edited May 2021
    Harukotyan wrote: »
    I'm used to the fact that Game Packs stand for Gameplay, you know. And they were my favorite for the long time... But around ROM they become very watery. And this pack again feels so empty at least for now. Especially comparing to paranormal SP. Which shows that not only the budget matters but the team enthusiasm and other qualities. I hope that one day SimGuruConor will supervise Game Packs. They need it badly.

Also when 1/3 of the trailer main character is reminiscing about her family life while people begging for Generations... It's just like mockery :( It feels out of place in the trailer and very strange overall.

I think it's on purpose, they want people to think it's a hint and soften the blow.

As said on another thread:

This is not really gameplay expanding.

I am disappointed. It's not a bad idea and I might get it, the idea is nice. But there are so many highly requested features and this just isn't it. I know some people now and then wished for an interior design career like we had in TS3 (this seems to be it). But most people had other requests: hobbies, cars, Generations, active school, bands, better babies, daycare career, werewolves, fairies, update on aliens, romance pack, the list goes on and on.

I don't understand why they just won't give us what we ask for, and I mean all of us. This is - AGAIN - something (almost) nobody asked for. I'd be even happier if it was an occult GP I wouldn't buy anyway because I know many people would have been really hyped. But this?

Another YA/A centered gamepack featuring something which is considered cool right now? Nah. Thinking about not buying it tbh. This game has got to a point where I just don't like it anymore because it doesn't support my playstyle.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    This is a place to place all your grievance on the Home Decorator pack.

I wouldn't call it "grievance", I just don't see the point. I am not a builder, I only build out of necessity (the gallery is infested with CC / MOO and the original lots suck). I don't see why adding another UI to build mode would make it more fun for me.

This will be second game pack after Operation Moneygrab ("Batuu") I won't get.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member

They could have at least given us an Architect career with build mode. :)
  • HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    Dakota88 wrote: »
    Another YA/A centered gamepack featuring something which is considered cool right now? Nah. Thinking about not buying it tbh. This game has got to a point where I just don't like it anymore because it doesn't support my playstyle.

Their main demographic for this game is females aged 18-24, so I'm less and less surprised when we continue to get any sort of family gameplay ignored and constant gameplay targeted towards the Young Adult life stage, as these players will be able to play themselves through the game.
  • muzickmagemuzickmage Posts: 986 Member
    Kironide wrote: »

They could have at least given us an Architect career with build mode. :)

The architect career probably would have backed them into a corner. They would have had to given us new build mode features, like spiral stairs, open windows, or maybe curved walls. Something new... besides a few pieces of furniture that requires no new coding.
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    edited May 2021
    This is a place to place all your grievance on the Home Decorator pack.

I wouldn't call it "grievance", I just don't see the point. I am not a builder, I only build out of necessity (the gallery is infested with CC / MOO and the original lots suck). I don't see why adding another UI to build mode would make it more fun for me.

This will be second game pack after Operation Moneygrab ("Batuu") I won't get.

I don't know what kinds of builds you like, but you should look into speed builds on YouTube by Aveline, SimLicy, PlantSimGirl and FreezerBunny, they're the best, they build without any CC (most of the time) and you can download their builds from the gallery. I use theirs and redecorate them for my own purposes and liking.
  • muzickmagemuzickmage Posts: 986 Member
    Holiday wrote: »
    Dakota88 wrote: »

Their main demographic for this game is females aged 18-24, so I'm less and less surprised when we continue to get any sort of family gameplay ignored and constant gameplay targeted towards the Young Adult life stage, as these players will be able to play themselves through the game.

Well, these people need to freakin age lol.
  • AxelTaylor01AxelTaylor01 Posts: 389 Member
    edited May 2021
    Honestly, I'm not sure who this pack is for, and I say that as a builder. The items are great, don't get me wrong. But unless there's more to the pack then was shown, then this is nothing more than a glorified stuff pack.

I like building houses on my own terms, I have no desire to go into the game and play a career where I have to limit myself to a budget and other random restrictions (like making the room a specific color). If I want to build, I'll just go into build mode. I'm not going to bother with the mechanics of this career.

When I feel like actually playing the game, the last thing I want to do, is have to go back into build mode and redo all the homes I've just spent ages building. For me at least, this defeats the whole purpose of 'playing' the game.

I'll wait until it's 50% off, use the items and probably never play the career.
    Post edited by AxelTaylor01 on