Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I need help making my neighbours houses look better!

KkffooKkffoo Posts: 51 Member
It is a long time since I played sims 2, but recently I have been reminded of all the great gameplay and worked out how to get it working again on windows 10.
I am pleasantly surprised how good the sims look, and adding a new default skin and eyes has made things even better.
I've followed many of Pleasant sims suggestion for replacing assets, added a landscape surround, have the water looking nice etc etc.

However, I am struggling with the look of the neighbouring lots. The heavy pixelation is driving me nuts. Is there any way round this without fogging it out?
I even tried playing a sim house in the middle of nowhere with no neighbours, but that wasn't really working for me.
Are there any design or layout tips which would help? Or can I switch that pixelation off?

Comments

• Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Sorry. The game was released in 2004. When it was released we couldn't even see the neighborhood. I don't believe you can see "Built" houses better then what it has.
    What you can look for are neighborhood object houses which would look better. There are some out there which are not houses but objects and they look nice from within the lot.
    I don't use them so I don't have any links but I've seen some pictures... I think. :)
  • Options
    @Rflong7 thank you, that is something I could try. I think I may have seen some of these available on tumblr.
  • Options
    @Rflong7 I downloaded some of those object houses and decor and it has really made a difference! I've also put my occupied houses in a straight row which means I only see the neighbours in a restricted side view, and this works better too.
    I think as I progress and add more lots I'll try to split them up with decor plots, so I don't have an unrestricted view of pixilation from windows and gardens of my active sims.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Yay! I know how important the appearance of the neighborhood can mean when we play. :smiley: