Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Home Decorator Negativity thread

This is a place to place all your grievance on the Home Decorator pack.

Comments

• Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    I’m not holding much hope for this GP.
    One career for $20. And that looks to be it.
    Any preference system will most likely be free with the patch.
    It’s sad to see how bad GPs have gotten; they used to be the best packs.
    I’ll eat my words if there’s more to this pack than is in the trailer, but I’m skeptical....
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    I agree with everyone it looks like a stuff pack not a GP I also hope I am wrong but..
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    It’s sad to see how bad GPs have gotten; they used to be the best packs.

I was just thinking the same thing this morning.. .GPs used to be my favorite packs by far. But the last year or so? Yikes.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,191 Member
    I'm trying to be positive, but the pack right now looks empty.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Well the blog confirms detailed preferences but doesn't say if these are permanent traits we can choose or a randomized thing for one gig.
  • Options
    CrazyNinjaCrazyNinja Posts: 24 Member
    edited May 2021
    I’ll admit that I am intrigued and eager to find out more about preferences, but as others said and knowing TS4 I don’t have much hope for them to affect anything other than the new career. I’m sure the players who primarily build are super excited, but I’m so confused as to where this pack came from because the community has been BEGGING for so many other things (generations, more occult life states, farming, baby update, personality update, and on and on and on...) and they seem to hear none of it. I’m just dying for some new gameplay, not a $20 career that’s basically build/buy mode with a fancy new name.

The furniture and CAS look nice, too, but tbh I can get CC for free if I want new items 🤷‍♀️

I’m holding off most of my criticism because just maybe it’ll be more than we think it is but I have to say I’m seriously bummed with this pack. At the very least, I’ll buy it when it’s 50% off or something :lol:
  • Options
    bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    if the pack is better than expected then the blame is on the marketing team
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    bella_goth wrote: »
    if the pack is better than expected then the blame is on the marketing team

Well said. Watching the recent trailers I always wonder if Americans really talk like this (JTB was the same).
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,918 Member
    I wonder why people do not mute trailers as default by now. I have sense that horrible UNI trailer.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    edited May 2021
    I am not impressed with the GP and muted the voiceover. I can get CC that looks better and more functional.
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    edited May 2021
    Harukotyan wrote: »
    I'm used to the fact that Game Packs stand for Gameplay, you know. And they were my favorite for the long time... But around ROM they become very watery. And this pack again feels so empty at least for now. Especially comparing to paranormal SP. Which shows that not only the budget matters but the team enthusiasm and other qualities. I hope that one day SimGuruConor will supervise Game Packs. They need it badly.

Also when 1/3 of the trailer main character is reminiscing about her family life while people begging for Generations... It's just like mockery :( It feels out of place in the trailer and very strange overall.

I agree, the whole family reminiscing section told us nothing about the pack and it seemed very odd to take up time in a short trailer to do that. Makes me worry when they can't fill a trailer with info actually about the pack :/
    We have had trailers that made poor choices on what to show in the past so I'll wait for the livestream before deciding whether I want this one.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I can't wait until the summer sale so I can snag it for the $10 it's worth. Anyone know if you can bundle with kits instead of stuff packs? I may wait until the EP comes out.
  • Options
    Nekomata19Nekomata19 Posts: 105 Member
    The furniture was so ugly. I think the couches and the toddler tent? thing? and a couple clutter objects were the only things that looked good. It feels like most of it was just a worse version of a lot of the modern furniture styles we already have. :\ I can't really say much on gameplay because it's hard to tell if it really is that lackluster, or if there will be more to it. But I'm not enthused.
  • Options
    AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    How boring - we get a career where we can go into build mode - can't see how this is a game pack -first one I will pass on.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    Just what we needed, more adult-exclusive content, based on recycling content we already have!
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    BastetBastet Posts: 56 Member
    Can't believe this thing is a *Game* Pack while Paranormal, which has much more gameplay, is a SP. I'd choose batuu over this GP in a heartbeat, that's all i have to say.
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Well this is a pack I will buy on sale. I love the look of the items but I’m not paying £20 for it. I build my own lots so would not use the career which is its main feature. It seems it’s only got the gamepack status due to the amount of bb items. I could hardly see much new cas stuff and pretty much no gameplay unless there is more to it then they are telling us.
  • Options
    skelebeeskelebee Posts: 101 Member
    Was mildly interested in the pack before the trailer, because I was foolishly holding it to TS3 standards. But I saw nothing in the trailer that even remotely intrigued me, in fact I was more annoyed than anything given the awful voiceover.
  • Options
    KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    Harukotyan wrote: »

Also when 1/3 of the trailer main character is reminiscing about her family life while people begging for Generations... It's just like mockery :( It feels out of place in the trailer and very strange overall.

I agree that section was really odd. I wondered if there was some hidden significance to it, something that we haven't really seen yet, but I'm probably just reaching.
  • Options
    NightlyCoffeeNightlyCoffee Posts: 455 Member
    I want to be excited for this new pack, but I just feel so disappointed. I really hope there is more in this gamepack than just "go into build mode and decorate".

I prefer to spend my time in live mode playing with my sims, not building and decorating. I have a personal save I use and all of the houses have already been decorated, so I'm not looking forward to having to go back and work on them again. I did all that work so that I would never have to touch them again!

Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised and it's more fun than expected, at least, that's what I'm hoping for. I'm still going to give it a chance.