Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seeking Creatives? GP 10 Dream Home Decorator

Comments

• HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    Yeah this team just isn’t getting it anymore. They seem to be living in their own little Sims world of stuff nobody asked for. At this point I’m convinced they have stretched the base of the game to its limits and can no longer build upon it, so they have to keep recycling systems already in the game to come up with a new pack. Disappointing, very disappointing. The furniture looks nice but that’s all I’ve taken away from that car crash of a trailer.
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    I really like the new items in this bathroom, especially the wall art and curtains.

ZkYYg98.jpg

So is a werewolf gonna come bustin' through that huge window showing that huge moon, or what? :o
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    edited May 2021
    I would have actually been excited if this came with an additional Stylist active career or something that would use the same "gig" system they developed for the pack but in a different career path to keep it more interesting and give more content.

The only thing I'm hoping for is that this has some kind of new world.

the pack was killed the second i saw the ikea furniture
    hype is gone
    error hype not found

I'll just keep building my moroccan houses thanks
    nancy will not be getting her ikea fantasy

I'll watch the livestream just in case this is another time marketing forgets the good stuff but its looking grim
    (and not in good way)
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    I am happy for all the builders, but for me this will not be the thing. I don't like to play the same Sim all the time and I am not in to being in build mode all the time. Building stuff takes time for me and when I do, I build houses to house a specific Sim. Decorating rooms for unknown Sims with unknown needs is not for me.
  • AmeliaToddAmeliaTodd Posts: 226 Member
    The blog mentions things simmers wanted like built-in appliances, sectional sofas (and modular shelving). I don't really know yet what to make of the mention of favourite colors etc - especially in light of the new slot in CAS - but I am interested in finding out.

It seems that they have included a lot of things that people wanted for ages and included things that you could only get via CC so far, like shoes and walk in closet.
  • kaanvardar99kaanvardar99 Posts: 134 Member

One of the gameplay key feature is this for this pack.

THE BIG REVEAL

When you finish the project, show it off! Hopefully, your work inspires happy crying instead of tears of disappointment. Unveil the results to see how your clients react to their personalized home makeover, complete with Before and After comparisons. Transform lives by transforming spaces!

Your clients react! Wow.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    edited May 2021
    It looks nice !! They really imitated cc for the style.

I'm worried about a few things though.
    - I saw a lot of funky colors but there'd better be plain black and white swatches (especially with the kitchen counters) otherwise the items won't be very usable.
    - I saw a cooktop and built-in oven, which is great, but do they come on their own order they both come within a counter, which means they'll only be usable with one kitchen....the one they came with ?
    - It looks like there are two styles but they're both very very similar, modern looking. It would have been nice and more versatile to have a modern one and a more classic one.
    - What is that weird dress Cassandra goth is wearing ?

See what I mean about funky colors ?

uc8qoTK.png
    rUI6l40.png
  • RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    RedShoe7 wrote: »
    For goodness sake. It's a 2 minute trailer. 😄 At least wait for the Livestream before you say it's not worth $20.

Exactly, there is so much new stuff in this pack - did you see all the new bunkbed styles?! I'm very excited for this!

I understand the excitement but for a gamepack, some people might expect more gameplay than cosmetics. Because we have stuff packs and kits for BB and CAS items.

I know, but I love gameplay and stuff. Plus if you read this - https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/dream-home-decorator-reveal?utm_campaign=sims4_hd_ww_ic_soco_yt_dream-home-deco-yt&utm_source=youtube&utm_medium=social&cid=68494&ts=1621523452310&setLocale=en-us - it seems that we are getting favorites - colors, music, decor styles, maybe more.

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    I am interested to know more about this new appliance. Hope it can make pizza.

• greydonngreydonn Posts: 715 Member
    Holiday wrote: »
    Yeah this team just isn’t getting it anymore. They seem to be living in their own little Sims world of stuff nobody asked for. At this point I’m convinced they have stretched the base of the game to its limits and can no longer build upon it, so they have to keep recycling systems already in the game to come up with a new pack. Disappointing, very disappointing. The furniture looks nice but that’s all I’ve taken away from that car crash of a trailer.

I've been wanting this pack for a while now, actually, and I'm happy it's finally here. :smile:
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    It's interesting seeing the reactions, this one seems to be the most divisive yet. 50% seem to be really excited and think it's the best thing ever as they love building and the other 50% are mad about it as theyre just so sick of building packs and the game turning into a build simulator rather than a life simulator
  • Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    Hmm... From the trailer it literally looks like the same active job from Sims 3 Ambitions (which is only ONE out of the FIVE ones we got in that pack) without much added. From this trailer, I think it's just going like a Stuff Pack, having ONE new gameplay feature (the active career) but with much more new Build/Buy objects than usual to 'justify' it being a game pack.
  • greydonngreydonn Posts: 715 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    I am interested to know more about this new appliance. Hope it can make pizza.

Ya know, the girl's mom was making those brownies...
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • nasch_katzenasch_katze Posts: 193 Member
    While I feel like it seems light in content for a GP, I do have to mention that I LOVE the concept and how it ties Live mode and Build/Buy mode and gives B/B a goal and rewards.

I'm not much of a builder because I never have any goal in mind, but having restrictions and a well-defined goal to work toward sounds like a nice way to get me into building in ways I've never done before.
    > @nasch_katze said:
    > So we ARE getting preferences for Sims based on the official article: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/dream-home-decorator-reveal?utm_campaign=sims4_hd_ww_ic_soco_yt_dream-home-deco-yt&utm_source=youtube&utm_medium=social&cid=68494&ts=1621523452310&setLocale=en-us
    >
    > Other than that... it feels as meaty as Paranormal Stuff Pack, which was a... Stuff pack. I earn my own money so 20€ (i'm in France) isn't breaking my bank account but i do feel like we should be grateful for the amount of stuff Paranormal SP brought to the game at its price point :D

Seems to me that every "job" will have preferences that I'm going to guess will be randomized. Sims themselves won't have them outside of the career mode. I'll also guess no changes will stay after the job.

Hmmm it might be randomized for pre-existing sims, but they put such an emphasis on sims' diverse preferences that if it's not related to the mystery node in CAS I'm rioting :D
    I'm expecting it to be a base game feature but each future packs adds new preferences (and dislikes?), like clubs activities.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Iron Seagull is officially the only GC I trust.

• alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    I would have actually been excited if this came with an additional Stylist active career or something that would use the same "gig" system they developed for the pack but in a different career path to keep it more interesting and give more content.

The only thing I'm hoping for is that this has some kind of new world.

If there was a new world, they wouldn't show us the Pancakes and the Goths in their well-known houses all the time ...

If this pack is only about visiting (probably always the same 4) households and building new rooms with random outcome, I'm disappointed. If it brings an elaborate preference system that really has consequences, I like it.
    Hmm... there are many new NPC in the full trailer, so maybe we are getting a world too.
  • kaanvardar99kaanvardar99 Posts: 134 Member
    AmeliaTodd wrote: »
    Hmm... there are many new NPC in the full trailer, so maybe we are getting a world too.

If there would be a new world they would show us and it would probably be in the key features so i don't expect any world. I think they decided to add more BB stuff to cover lack of gameplay elements.
  • nasch_katzenasch_katze Posts: 193 Member
  • JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    So .... what happens when the client keeps tweaking with a "Poorly Decorated" moodlet because of a hidden default drywall texture?
    The cake is a lie
    AmeliaTodd wrote: »

If there would be a new world they would show us and it would probably be in the key features so i don't expect any world. I think they decided to add more BB stuff to cover lack of gameplay elements.

Hmm... maybe you are right and they would have shown it. I wonder where their house is located in the trailer then. New crest?

As for cover the lack of gameplay. I do get you wanting more gameplay especially if you are not into this particular career and don't care for build mode this is a complete pass. But on the other hand, I think I would be more annoyed if they had asked me to play this career with old items or not enough new decor items. Since the gameplay focus of this pack is decor, it's acceptable (for me) for them to focus on decor. I don't think that if this was a SP they would include all of the items they did now.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited May 2021
    As a none builder this is probably the worst pack theme so far for me. It looks like it has some kind of interesting preferences thing though for the Sims which sounds nice. I hope the new CAS items will be good.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    Definitely not my "style". (Haha, another funny!...Sorry. :s )

I'm curious about "Preferences" but they sound like they're going to be tied directly to this pack and career and the build environment. I hope I'm totally wrong about that because I personally wanted Preferences to be deeper and more about other Sims and maybe activities. I still don't even like the environment buffs and keep my Eco Lifestyle ones turned off. I wouldn't want to see my Sims going through more emotional ups and downs every time they enter or exit a room.

Buuuuut it's still early to declare it a bust so I'll see what the livestream has to say, but I may skip this one. I'm not a fan of modern furniture styles either and the CAS looks bland and too trendy to interest me and my weirdo tastes.

The good that I see in this pack though, is for builders. I think it will give them a really good connection to the gameplay and maybe encourage them to engage more in live mode play. Or... encourage Simmers who are bad at building to kind of learn through their Sim about placement and decor and colors and all that. So I can definitely see the pack having merit for the right people.
    #Team Occult
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    One thing I did like is that they included Iggy, but also showed that Bob and Eliza are still a horrible couple. The Gallery version of them implied that things were hunky-dory with Iggy around, but it's good to see that things aren't all better. But there seems to be progress; the couple aren't sharing a bed, but at least they're in the same room now.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    Buuuuut it's still early to declare it a bust so I'll see what the livestream has to say, but I may skip this one. I'm not a fan of modern furniture styles either and the CAS looks bland and too trendy to interest me and my weirdo tastes.

Yeah, I may skip it, too. I do like modern styles, but most of the ones I saw in the trailer seem a little too cookie-cutter for my taste. That's probably great for folks who love everything matching, but I'm not one of those.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)