Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seeking Creatives? GP 10 Dream Home Decorator

Comments

• SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Yeah, I'm not buying an active career for 20$ sorry. I don't see how they couldn't have added more main features. But yeah typical Sims 4.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    I think it looks interesting, I would like to see how this will translate into gameplay though, I'm going to end up destroying my existing lots if the lots are randomized and it saves every renovation.
  • FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 846 Member
    Surely there MUST be more than what we saw. :disappointed:
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Not hating it, but not wowed by it either. I'll pay for this with Amazon giftcards.
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    Really want more info on those preferences.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,836 Member
    For goodness sake. It's a 2 minute trailer. πŸ˜„ At least wait for the Livestream before you say it's not worth $20.
  • kaanvardar99kaanvardar99 Posts: 134 Member
    Wait, is that all? A new career, what else? I don't want to be negative but even Dine Out (launched 2016) has a new system makes us able to run restaurants and also brings restaurant experience with lots of recipes & stuff. If it's about only, "Look we have brand new dining room setwith new career!" they could fit this into a stuffpack. (Remember paranormal stuff has haunted houses, a new career, new npcs and also really cool Buy mode stuff.)

I hope there are more in this pack otherwise i will be really dissapointed. Hopefully it's just a marketing issue like the announcements of get together and eco lifestyle.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    Looking at the reactions on YT I believe this is the kind of pack a lot of folks are interested in!
    I'm happy for you!

Me...not so much.
    I'm going to need a lot more convincing before I'm getting this one. It looks like work and a heap of stuff I'm not so sure about yet...
    Where's the HERO object? At least gives us a sewing machine!
    Is it the Toddler Tent, perhaps? I sure hope it's some kind of time machine. The Toddler Time Machine. I need more. So much more.
  • BookBearBookBear Posts: 488 Member
    I think this pack will be fun. I think it might seem a bit empty because they used the budget on bunkbeds and sectionals maybe?
    Offering free hugs for your time of need.
    8763f1fcdeee963323782673c8c95eee.gif
  • RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    For goodness sake. It's a 2 minute trailer. πŸ˜„ At least wait for the Livestream before you say it's not worth $20.

Exactly, there is so much new stuff in this pack - did you see all the new bunkbed styles?! I'm very excited for this!
  • AmeliaToddAmeliaTodd Posts: 226 Member
    Not a fan of trailers using english instead of simlish, but other than that we are getting quite a bit of modern furniture, a whole new modern kitchen with a stove and dishwasher and something I'm not sure what, more bunk beds design (something that I wanted) and it looks like we can finally create a proper modern walk in closet, curtains, plus modular couches (that we also will get in base game update I guess). It seems like a lot of furniture, maybe more than usual? I was thinking that they might do this.

I do like the variety from what I'm seeing, there are many unique objects in shapes that were not in the game before. This is definitely a builder oriented pack.

@simgirl1010 Main features are shown in the trailer. If it's not in the trailer then it's not a main feature. This is how they always do it.
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    I really like the new items in this bathroom, especially the wall art and curtains.

ZkYYg98.jpg
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • CinnabunbunCinnabunbun Posts: 13 New Member
    > @nasch_katze said:
    > So we ARE getting preferences for Sims based on the official article: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/dream-home-decorator-reveal?utm_campaign=sims4_hd_ww_ic_soco_yt_dream-home-deco-yt&utm_source=youtube&utm_medium=social&cid=68494&ts=1621523452310&setLocale=en-us
    >
    > Other than that... it feels as meaty as Paranormal Stuff Pack, which was a... Stuff pack. I earn my own money so 20€ (i'm in France) isn't breaking my bank account but i do feel like we should be grateful for the amount of stuff Paranormal SP brought to the game at its price point :D

Seems to me that every "job" will have preferences that I'm going to guess will be randomized. Sims themselves won't have them outside of the career mode. I'll also guess no changes will stay after the job.
    RedShoe7 wrote: Β»

Exactly, there is so much new stuff in this pack - did you see all the new bunkbed styles?! I'm very excited for this!

@RedShoe7 Well I personally cannot get excited for build stuff if it's a gameplay pack.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,946 Member
    edited May 2021
    Looking at the reactions on YT I believe this is the kind of pack a lot of folks are interested in!
    I'm happy for you!

Me...not so much.
    I'm going to need a lot more convincing before I'm getting this one. It looks like work and a heap of stuff I'm not so sure about yet...
    Is it the Toddler Tent, perhaps? I sure hope it's some kind of time machine. The Toddler Time Machine. I need more. So much more.

toddler time machine takes you back to medieval era dragon land! the trailer just didn't show it!

(if only)
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion πŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate πŸ‰ Team Dragons
    🏑 Gallery πŸ“– Stories 🌍 World Project πŸ₯” MOD/CC Free
  • kaanvardar99kaanvardar99 Posts: 134 Member
    RedShoe7 wrote: Β»

I understand the excitement but for a gamepack, some people might expect more gameplay than cosmetics. Because we have stuff packs and kits for BB and CAS items.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,946 Member
    edited May 2021
    I really wish i don't have to get this pack for likes and dislikes
    and that likes and dislikes does not just apply to interior career thing cause well...
    i would like some likes and dislikes though...
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion πŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate πŸ‰ Team Dragons
    🏑 Gallery πŸ“– Stories 🌍 World Project πŸ₯” MOD/CC Free
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited May 2021

What exactly else would there be? Some other furniture items we haven't seen yet? Whoopee. I think if people are disappointed by yet another build pack with next to no gameplay they're probably not gonna be impressed by seeing the rest of the build items, there's not gonna be a hidden second career we won't see until the stream
  • LenaDietersLenaDieters Posts: 254 Member
    I was never gonna love it, cause I don’t like building. I was hopeful though because gps tend to be great and focussed on gameplay...however thus seems like a stuff pack
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    I'm happy for you!

Me...not so much.

toddler time machine takes you back to medieval era dragon land! the trailer just didn't show it!

(if only)

I knew it! Thanks for clearing that up! :D
    edited May 2021
    I would have actually been excited if this came with an additional Stylist active career or something that would use the same "gig" system they developed for the pack but in a different career path to keep it more interesting and give more content.

The only thing I'm hoping for is that this has some kind of new world.
  • AmeliaToddAmeliaTodd Posts: 226 Member
    So we ARE getting preferences for Sims based on the official article: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/dream-home-decorator-reveal?utm_campaign=sims4_hd_ww_ic_soco_yt_dream-home-deco-yt&utm_source=youtube&utm_medium=social&cid=68494&ts=1621523452310&setLocale=en-us

Other than that... it feels as meaty as Paranormal Stuff Pack, which was a... Stuff pack. I earn my own money so 20€ (i'm in France) isn't breaking my bank account but i do feel like we should be grateful for the amount of stuff Paranormal SP brought to the game at its price point :D

I think that the price point is going up by the amount of items included in this pack, which seems to be a lot more than Paranormal and if it's more than any other GP pack then it's even more justifiable, the kitchen alone is one of the most complex and expensive item to produce in the game (due all the counters, etc).

Personally I was expecting this more or less, but I can see why people might not want to buy it just for the items (even if there are a lot of them).
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    The blog mentions things simmers wanted like built-in appliances, sectional sofas (and modular shelving). I don't really know yet what to make of the mention of favourite colors etc - especially in light of the new slot in CAS - but I am interested in finding out.

iCy9HZX.png
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • chickenowchickenow Posts: 458 Member
    That was a strange trailer.....it felt like it wanted to tell me more about the woman's past over using all the time to talk about the pack....

Love the CAS/Build Buy stuff and the carrer sounds brill albeit I'm surprised it's just one career....

Looks like that CAS slot which will be revealed on Tuesday will be the return of Likes/Dislikes.