Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So... interior design GP?

Comments

• bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    So... this looks underwhelming.

I can already redesign houses myself, in build/buy. I don't see what makes this really that interesting as a gameplay setup.

And surprise surprise, nothing happens without a tablet in your hand.
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    Ok.. so a lot of new furniture.. what else?

Seriously why is it again the tablet and not some drawing table? ..
  • MrsC1990MrsC1990 Posts: 44 Member
    I like it, the BB/CAS items I could see looked fab, the new career is something we don't have right now, it looks fun to me.
  • BookBearBookBear Posts: 488 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    Ok.. so a lot of new furniture.. what else?

Seriously why is it again the tablet and not some drawing table? ..

Tablet doesn't need new animations. :neutral: That's what, the 5th time?
    Offering free hugs for your time of need.
    8763f1fcdeee963323782673c8c95eee.gif
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    The new build and buy stuff looks really nice I have to say.
    But is this worthy of a game pack? You can already renovate houses.
  • ReedfishReedfish Posts: 222 Member
    So it's literally just the career then? I don't know enough about building to see if there was any new stuff in there that we can't already do, but in terms of building a dream home - that's literally what the Sims is, isn't it? I mean, way to double-down on the concept, but it doesn't seem like anything new.

I mean, a lot of the furniture looks nice, and I might get it. And it has always seemed weird in the past when I can pause the game, completely remodel a house, and the Sims in it act like nothing's happened and no time has passed at all, which isn't very immersive, so I guess making that an event is expanding on the gameplay a bit. I don't know if it's a whole gamepack though.

The tweet the trailer's embedded in says 'there is still much to reveal'. If so...they should reveal it. It's interesting that there seem to be favourites in the game now, like favourite colour and music genre, but I can't tell if that's a personality update or just something that comes up as part of interior design commissions, and that's all they matter for.
  • JinkxJinkx Posts: 62 Member
    can we stop defend EA from now on? This is a poor decision again.... whatthehell? furniture and a career for 20 dollars. It's such a weird choice again.
  • Nekomata19Nekomata19 Posts: 105 Member
    It's so ugly, yeesh. I wish they'd included some other styles as well because... oof. Like, some items were okay, I guess, but I can't see ever using 90% of what I saw. And the only other thing is the career. The clothes were nice, but I don't see myself spending $20 on some new clothes. I'm soooo hoping the update comes with sectional couches because that's the only thing I saw that I really wanted. :neutral:
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    edited May 2021
    This is really lame, especially after the criticism they received for JTB.

But hey, Lilsimsie and all of the other GCs love and hype this new pack because almost everything they do with the game is building, so it must be good right...

We need new GCs who actually play the game. This sucks.
    Post edited by SimKonfetti on
    Also, I'm going to be disappointed if there isn't a new world. I know not every game pack has had one, but what they've shown so far does not seem expansive or new enough to warrant not including a new world of some size.
  • greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    I absolutely love this pack! I already have a specific sim in mind for it and everything. Ahh I'm going to mess some poor sim's house UP. lol

I can't wait to see more! <3
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    Oh dear...
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    edited May 2021
    It looks nice !!

However :

- I see a lot of funky colors but there'd better be plain black and white swatches.
    - I see a standalone stove and oven, which is great, but do they both come within a counter or separately, because if they come within a counter it means they'll only be usable with one kitchen....the one they came with.
    - I see two styles but they're both very very similar, modern looking. It would have been nice and more versatile to have a modern one and a more classic one.
    - What is that weird dress Cassandra goth is wearing ?
    Post edited by Dianesims on
  • maribardellamaribardella Posts: 3 New Member
    I must confess I will probably buy this since I'm a builder, because of the highly requested objects, like sectional sofas, cooktop, more wardrobes... But it could definitely be a stuff pack, like Paranormal was. Just a new career and a few objects.
    It looks like the cooktop and oven come with a counter, so they won't be usable with other kitchen counters.
    I must confess I will probably buy this since I'm a builder, because of the highly requested objects, like sectional sofas, cooktop, more wardrobes... But it could definitely be a stuff pack, like Paranormal was. Just a new career and a few objects.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    edited May 2021
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member
    I can't stop comparing it with Paranormal (and in terms of new features it's loosing so far) :/ I can't see what's in it for Game Pack? As far as I understand main "system" feature will be likes/dislikes (color, music, style only or not I need to learn more?). Will it be patched into the base game? Probably 'cause of that mysterious slot. So what's left for the GP then? Object features will be sectional sofas, built-in appliances and modular shelves. And one freelance career... That's all?

I always liked interior designer career in TS3 and I want to have it in TS4. But so far definitely not for the full price.
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    It looks like the cooktop and oven come with a counter, so they won't be usable with other kitchen counters.

I think both, the oven and cooktop will be modular pieces which you can slot onto any counter and the oven into any counter the same way like the dishwasher.

Just making them compatible with only one counter will make it useless for other buildstyles.

Why wouldn't the stove top slot into any counter the way that sinks do?
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Thanks, I hate it.

Seriously, if what we've seen in the trailer is a good indication (which is always an open question), then this is an easy no for me. If it comes with a new world, then it might be an eventual 50% off purchase, but otherwise, I have no interest.

At double the price, it looks like it has less in it than the Paranormal Stuff Pack, and certainly way less that interests me. Big thumbs down.
  • MandyPandy111MandyPandy111 Posts: 22 Member
    Seeing as the mysterious sectional sofas and bunkbeds are featured in this pack I think they used some of their budget for this pack to develop the elements that they have/are giving to us as free updates anyways. I'm happy that we get this content regardless now but it makes what's exclusive to the pack pretty underwhelming. Nothing about this really seems worthy of a full gamepack.
    I hope you're right, I got confused because of this :

TKCGooc.png
    rudy8292 wrote: »

I think both, the oven and cooktop will be modular pieces which you can slot onto any counter and the oven into any counter the same way like the dishwasher.

Just making them compatible with only one counter will make it useless for other buildstyles.

• OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Two mediocre game packs in a row to skip. My bank balance is very happy!
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    edited May 2021
    They've been teasing babies and open schools forever (Knifty Knitting trailer, school Uniform in Snowy Escape, this one korean singer Sims music cooperation video). Some of the last items had hints for GENERATIONS in it.

This is what disappoints me the most. I was expecting something game expanding, some everyday life gameplay, some of the things they teasered last year. I'd even prefer this to be the werewolve or fairies pack the occult fans desired.

But THIS? A career we basically already have (come on, you can make-believe this career already, just visit houses of other Sims, type in bb.enablebuildmode or whatever the cheat is, renovate their home and give your Sim money via a cheat. Then talk a bit to the owner, done.)

Seriously. What are they doing at EA?!

Okay, there's preferences as a new system. But if they only come with this pack and aren't patched in, that means they won't be build on in future packs just as lifestyles will be a forever standalone with Snowy Escape. And besides, there are already personality mods around that give your Sims preferences. I don't think your Sim will hate their room when you don't use their favourite color except they perhaps get a "bad surroundings" buff which will be overly annoying because it will overpower everything. I already see the "good surrounding" one overpowering even sadness from when their Mom died.
  • MelisendreMelisendre Posts: 195 Member
    Nice furniture but no interesting gameplay. I didn't like the career in Sims 3. Maybe I will buy it in Sale, but it isn't worth 20€ for me.