Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 may be here for quite awhile.

124...Next

Comments

• TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    I don’t believe the sims 4 will last another 7 years. I don’t think that’s possible. I have an nvidia RTX 2030 and my sims 4 game has simulation lag and sometimes God Awful frame rate. That shouldn’t be the case when literally every other game I own runs great and most are way more demanding. I don’t have mods or cc. I have a friend with the same graphics card who has the same issue. I csn run all four sims game on my computer and by far the sims 4 has the worst performance.

I remember the former CM stating in now deleted tweets that unfortunately some bugs couldn’t be fixed. And you only have to look at how often the same bugs keep popping up time and time again. (Hello, musical chairs and obsessive water drinking!)

If RTX Graphics Card can't handle the games performance (which is one of the latest graphics card) then Performance wise I don't see a bright future ahead
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    logion wrote: »
    I don’t believe the sims 4 will last another 7 years. I don’t think that’s possible. I have an nvidia RTX 2030 and my sims 4 game has simulation lag and sometimes God Awful frame rate. That shouldn’t be the case when literally every other game I own runs great and most are way more demanding. I don’t have mods or cc. I have a friend with the same graphics card who has the same issue. I csn run all four sims game on my computer and by far the sims 4 has the worst performance.

I remember the former CM stating in now deleted tweets that unfortunately some bugs couldn’t be fixed. And you only have to look at how often the same bugs keep popping up time and time again. (Hello, musical chairs and obsessive water drinking!)

Do you remember which bugs that they mentioned?

They have said that they are looking into simulation lag for example but that's one bug that I think will probably never be fixed, the game has too much it needs to process so people with simpler cpus are going to suffer from simulation lag.

Sims4 finally runs okay for me but I have to turn off vsync and run it on my new RTX3080 and that's just ridiculous. On my old 1080 I could sometimes get framedrops as low as 40 fps.

That's why I hope that they will take elelunicy's question from sims411 into consideration and look into upgrading the game's graphics API. DirectX9 is too old now.

One thing that also worries me with them extending the sims4's lifespan for many more years are that modders are not going to want to keep making mods for this game.

She never mentioned who what specific bugs she was referring too. She deleted the tweets very quickly after backlash!
  • mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    Jyotai wrote: »
    Good news from my perspective.

After all, if Sims 5 ends up being 'Second Life with better graphics' (as in; Sims Online 2) I won't see any point to getting it.

People here keep complaining about the cost of the DLC, but I just compare it to the cost of an MMO subscription or the cost of all the massive amounts of microtransactions "free" games manage to convince users to buy, and it comes up being fairly cheap.

For me, it was pricey because I bought a lot of DLC all around the same time, but if you took that all and divided it out across 7 years - it's cheap.

Any long running MMO (World of Warcraft, Guild Wars 2, FFXIV, etc), they drop their previous expansion pack prices and either integrate that into the base game, or into the newest expansion, so the cost of joining an ongoing game will always be the cost of buying the base game and an expansion. Furthermore your time constraints are taken into account as the leveling gets sped up and story gets taken out and made optional content the longer the game lives in order to make it attractive for new players.

Subscription MMOs are also far and few in between now, most having alternative ways for you to pay (paying with gold in World of Warcraft anyone?)