Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Summer Line-Up Announced

Comments

• KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    Amen to that Outlaw woman. :)
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    Laruhell wrote: »

See? I knew it wasn't going to be bands. Too many kids complain about bands. I doubt they'll ever give them to us. Musicians used to be appreciated, but somehow music isn't important to kids anymore. I think it's because people can get attention too easily for nothing now. It used to be if you wanted attention, you had to have an actual reason to get said attention. Why bother learning music theory when you get more attention posting selfies and complaining on Twitter? Meh, oh well. :lol: I just wish there was better music CC. Besides that (non-functional, but nice-looking music studio set) we're in a desert when it comes to music, even CC.

okay boomer

Go on then, play us a tune.
    We’re all ears. 😜

• muzickmagemuzickmage Posts: 986 Member

See? I knew it wasn't going to be bands. Too many kids complain about bands. I doubt they'll ever give them to us. Musicians used to be appreciated, but somehow music isn't important to kids anymore. I think it's because people can get attention too easily for nothing now. It used to be if you wanted attention, you had to have an actual reason to get said attention. Why bother learning music theory when you get more attention posting selfies and complaining on Twitter? Meh, oh well. :lol: I just wish there was better music CC. Besides that (non-functional, but nice-looking music studio set) we're in a desert when it comes to music, even CC.

okay boomer

We’re all ears. 😜

(E - F - G) (E - G - A - G) (E - G - A) (A) (G)
    (E - F - G) (E - F - E - D) (C) (D) (E) (D) (C)

Now everybody sing lol.....
    Michael row the boat a shore...... la la.. la ....la ... la......
    muzickmage wrote: »

okay boomer

We’re all ears. 😜

I love sing-alongs! 😋
    I think we’re all doing great! Let’s try this one:

I’ll start:

“Well in the merry month of May.......”

https://youtu.be/p3nXku80y2Y
    That was fantastic!!! <3 You're all very talented. Do you take requests? I'd love the Raggle Taggle 🐸🐸🐸🐸 Girl. I'll play my imaginary Irish flute.
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    edited May 2021
    Kironide wrote: »
    If you look on Sims 4 VIP, which I believe has direct access to EA, they say it explicitly, but it hasn't been said by a Sim Guru.

Sims vip hasn't had direct access to EA in years. They bullied one of our community managers and got their readers to attack her as well.
    The article where they slander her is still up and the comments are disgusting.

They lost all access and connection to EA because they cut ties. Our forum members who were around at the time don't look fondly on Alexis or sims vip.

Those who have been around long enough also remember when she stole free sims points during the sims 3 era and raised a fit because her account got banned for it.

e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
    edited May 2021
    I stand corrected. Apologies. I've been a member of the forums since 2010, but I was lurker for a long time and I wasn't aware of that controversy. So again, apologies.
    Post edited by Kironide on
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member

okay boomer

Generation X. We're smack dab between you and the Boomers. We're used to not getting our way, and it's fine. :lol:

I think the term "OK Boomer" should be banned on here. I'm the "Silent Generation" and we never got our way in the first place. Start of the I had it worse than you jokes!
  • DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,939 Member

okay boomer

We’re all ears. 😜

I love sing-alongs! 😋
    I think we’re all doing great! Let’s try this one:

I’ll start:

“Well in the merry month of May.......”

https://youtu.be/p3nXku80y2Y

Wow! I never heard that one before. Thanks for posting it!
  • OutlawWomanOutlawWoman Posts: 156 Member
    Simburian wrote: »

okay boomer

Generation X. We're smack dab between you and the Boomers. We're used to not getting our way, and it's fine. :lol:

I think the term "OK Boomer" should be banned on here. I'm the "Silent Generation" and we never got our way in the first place. Start of the I had it worse than you jokes!

Oh, the Silent Generation is my favorite. Waylon Jennings, Frank Zappa, George Carlin, Johnny Cash, Bob Dylan, Hendrix, all The Beatles, etc. Yeah. SO MANY of my heroes (and my parents) were Silent Generation. You guys were the Outlaws and Trailblazers. And you're right. You guys had it even worse than us. :lol: I think a big thing our generations have in common is how important music was to us.

And "OK Boomer" is just a tired meme people repeat when they don't have anything original to contribute. Let them have it. It doesn't bother me. Don't let it bother you. I mean, especially since we're not Boomers anyway. :lol:
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    edited May 2021
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7 could you actually sing along to that video? It was SO fast I could barely follow the words :D
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member

okay boomer

seems everybody's singing and this conversation reminded me of this song

"Hey kid, take my advice, ya don't want to step into a big pile of [dog poo].
    The captain is drunk, your world is titanic.
    Floatin' on the funk, so get your groove on, and maybe I am just a little [fricked] up.
    Life's just a little [fricked] up.
    Generation x, generation strange. Sun don't even shine through the window pane"
    Ah, Limp Bizket.... who speak to the inner rebel.
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    I stand corrected. Apologies. I've been a member of the forums since 2010, but I was lurker for a long time and I wasn't aware of that controversy. So again, apologies.

No need to apologize! I was just trying to let you know what happened, even if you still like Simsvip that's totally your business!
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
    Thanks, but I apologise because I did not mean to offend anyone and it seems as if it was a unpleasant memory.
    Well fine then.... who needs a music GP? We can just start our own sims 4 band. We'll call ourselves the "Simmie Jammers".

Who's with me? lol

We'll use the designer GP to create our band pad for band practices.
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,175 Member
    Simburian wrote: »

okay boomer

I think all age labels should be to be honest. Ha ha My kids are GenX and they generally did get there own way more times than not. Even the "Wait till your father gets home" threat didn't work. At least on my daughter. The age gaps they use between these so called "labels" are way too wide and generations overlap. Somehow it always made more sense when it was older vs younger. Sorry OP off topic. 😇
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
    I'm in.
  • OutlawWomanOutlawWoman Posts: 156 Member
    Well fine then.... who needs a music GP? We can just start our own sims 4 band. We'll call ourselves the "Simmie Jammers".

Who's with me? lol

Count me in, brother!

The new pack doesn't SOUND interesting to me. I mean, I've never been tempted to download any of those remodeling app games that they advertise on Duolingo all the time. Remodeling is generally something I do to make houses in the game functional if I don't just bulldoze them completely. But who knows? It might be great. We'll see what else they're offering in it. I'm curious to learn more about it tomorrow. And hey, if I don't like it, I save another $20. That sounds win-win to me.
    edited May 2021

Who's with me? lol

Count me in, brother!

The new pack doesn't SOUND interesting to me. I mean, I've never been tempted to download any of those remodeling app games that they advertise on Duolingo all the time. Remodeling is generally something I do to make houses in the game functional if I don't just bulldoze them completely. But who knows? It might be great. We'll see what else they're offering in it. I'm curious to learn more about it tomorrow. And hey, if I don't like it, I save another $20. That sounds win-win to me.

If it were a stuff pack with some new floor tiles and wallpapers, lamps, etc plus the new career, i'd be more welcoming.

But for it to be a GP, I really want to see spiral stairs, curved walls, and open windows. Designer career sounds like its going to be heavily dependent on build/buy so expecting to see some upgrades to the BB section.... like the ability to create new ideas.... is what the pack needs IMO.

ETA: Didn't the courtyard oasis kit come with an open door? So open windows wouldn't be that much of a stretch to expect.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member

Who's with me? lol

Only if our mascot is Torch the dragon.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7 could you actually sing along to that video? It was SO fast I could barely follow the words :D

Oh sure but only after I’ve taken a drop of the pure meself. 😜

Who's with me? lol

MTV Gen over here! I think I can be a great asset to the Simmie Jammers. Just don’t give me any drumsticks. I’ve been kicked out of bands because I take drumming too seriously.

93-B730-EF-0365-4278-88-B4-5-BE6735-CB49-D.webp

That being said, this new GP might be of interest to me if my Sim can also become an Interior Destructor.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    edited May 2021

Oh sure but only after I’ve taken a drop of the pure meself. 😜

Who's with me? lol

MTV Gen over here! I think I can be a great asset to the Simmie Jammers. Just don’t give me any drumsticks. I’ve been kicked out of bands because I take drumming too seriously.

93-B730-EF-0365-4278-88-B4-5-BE6735-CB49-D.webp

That being said, this new GP might be of interest to me if my Sim can also become an Interior Destructor.

Generation not american just confused
    I wouldn't mind some music too
    in all genres

but oh well if its home redesign they want
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gPuI_pbCYOI
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,571 Member
    emere wrote: »

Bond with nature in this charming new Expansion Pack: werewolfs, fairies and gnomes! And a whimsical forest world! o:)

Bond with nature made me think Werewolves

• Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    If you look on Sims 4 VIP, which I believe has direct access to EA, they say it explicitly, but it hasn't been said by a Sim Guru.

Sims vip hasn't had direct access to EA in years. They bullied one of our community managers and got their readers to attack her as well.
    The article where they slander her is still up and the comments are disgusting.

They lost all access and connection to EA because they cut ties. Our forum members who were around at the time don't look fondly on Alexis or sims vip.

Those who have been around long enough also remember when she stole free sims points during the sims 3 era and raised a fit because her account got banned for it.

How do you steal simpoints?