Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Coutyard Oasis Kit Opinion

2...Next

Comments

• OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited May 2021
    It looks cool but I'm giving it a pass for the moment. I don't think I'd have my sims living in a Moroccan home unless we had a world for it so I have no use for any of it beside from building
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I got it and pulled everything out. It's gorgeous. The doors for some reason made me do a double take the detail is really good.
    That said I'm not a great builder here and it won't fit many of my sims style but I really want some spas, restaurants and rentals now so I can see these items in my game. I was worried about matching with it over a full lot, but I've found many beds that seem to work just great, and so many other things will flesh it out (mostly for me plainer and not competing wood furniture items).
    I'll be browsing the gallery to make sure I see this stuff in my game in a few days, give the creative folks a chance to work with it.
    I can see it in the upper part of Strangerville and in some parts of Oasis Springs definitely. Maybe even on some beach lots and the ritzy section of Del Sol Valley.
    egTcBMc.png
  • lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,013 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    I can see it in the upper part of Strangerville and in some parts of Oasis Springs definitely. Maybe even on some beach lots and the ritzy section of Del Sol Valley.
    @Hermitgirl I also think the style could work in Sulani and in Selvadorada. Maybe Glimmerbrook?
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    It is much more vibrant and beautiful in game than I had first thought. Can't wait to see builds with it :)
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Not a builder, so I really don't have any inclination to buy it.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I plan to use those sofas and tables in a couple of paranormal-based builds.

Lovely as this stuff is, it's in such small packs. Obviously the point is that it's niche and you don't have to get it if you don't want it, but just because somebody's a niche audience doesn't mean they deserve to be ripped off.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Over priced for what little is actually there, very niche, another for my ever growing ignore list

Well you do have a similar set in Sims 2 so you should be good to go. :)

Indeed I do and indeed I am. That sort of thing was actually very popular in the Victorian era, particularly in the less formal rooms. I find it works best in Italianate homes, Queen Anne and Gothic Revival not so much.
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    I'm very much on the same wavelength as FakeGamerGirl on this kit (who is Arabic and says she even grew up around extremely similar architectural styles).
    It's pretty, but................... where can I even put it? There's no matching world, and there's not even enough for a full house.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXqPJ0OQ9BA
    wJbomAo.png
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Like I said in another post, the style is definitely not for me. My neighborhoods lean more towards either America style small bungalows, cape cod cottages or mid century modern homes. I like all of my community lots to fit in with the same theme so I have almost no exotic/unique community builds.

I also do not like overly bright colors, they're not calming to me. I much prefer a more Minimalist/Scandinavian type vibe for my houses and decor.

The only thing I saw I knew I would use was the plant, but that's not worth $5.

This is another pass for me ....... so far no kits have piqued my interest so that's $20 I've saved.

But I'm glad that others are happy with it and I do look forward to seeing what kinds of builds people come up with.
  • DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,942 Member
    kwanzaabot wrote: »
    I'm very much on the same wavelength as FakeGamerGirl on this kit (who is Arabic and says she even grew up around extremely similar architectural styles).
    It's pretty, but................... where can I even put it? There's no matching world, and there's not even enough for a full house.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXqPJ0OQ9BA

I wasn't going to get this until I saw that video and she used the blue door. It's so pretty.
  • AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    I downloaded the maxis' courtyard house from the gallery and spent most of last night revamping it more to my liking and I'm pleased to say that this kit goes beautifully with just about every item from Paranormal, Movie Hangout, City Living, and the Jungle Adventures packs... plus a whole slew of base game objects/windows/doors/lighting/etc too.

So for anyone who might be interested.... with this kit, Paranormal, Jungle Adventures, Movie Hangout, City Living, and a bunch of stuff from the base game (or any combination of those), you can literally renovate and rebuild an entire world/neighbourhood in this particular style and have everything you need to do so.
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • LenaDietersLenaDieters Posts: 254 Member
    Kits are basically sims 3 store content. Glad we don’t have to buy that pseudo currency anymore. That’s the thing about kits, that they can offer more niche stuff, which I think is nice!
    I am not a builder, but I do think this pack is great!
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Sthenastia wrote: »
    KITs are overpriced maybe (especially in Europe), but honestly KITs are cheaper or have the same price as a coffee in Starbucks, meal in McDonalds ect. I enjoy that content longer than I drink a coffee so I would like to focus on content. I was happy when they did a kitchen set last time because I dramatically miss counters and cabinets, but this time I'm impressed. I love that artstyle and the details. I love the fact that this time we have some different swatches just for pillows instead of whole furnitures. I'm ok with the fact that this KIT is more focus on build mode instead of buy mode but I miss some jucy details as hanging lamp ect. In my opinion it would be better if bb kits had around 30 meshes instead of 25. That 5 mashes can make a huge change. For example in country kithen I miss tables, chairs and ligthings.

This is always the point I'm trying to make. Even if one thinks it's over priced how much do we humans spend on pizzas, takeout, coffees, drinks, movies, restaurants,wine, beer, or whatever it is the person maybe into?
    And it only lasts a few min at most before it's gone. While I've been literally playing with sims content for years. And it's mine until I die🤣🤣🤣
    But that's just my thought process🤓 this kit looks so amazing I'm glad people are enjoying it.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I think it looks cool and I'll probably get it. I don't think I'll remake any worlds but I have a few households that could use it.

I do like the idea of adding more cultures through the kits. I've been out for a few months so I haven't gotten any kits yet, but this and the French country kitchen are interesting to me. My attitude now is less about collecting and more about just adding specific interests. I play with a lot of different cultures. I could also see mixing some of the objects in with others.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    I don't have the pack yet but it does look nice. Is there a picture thread I can look at? I haven't found one. Not sure if I'm going to get this one just yet and wanted to see more of it.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • JyotaiJyotai Posts: 505 Member
    So for anyone who might be interested.... with this kit, Paranormal, Jungle Adventures, Movie Hangout, City Living, and a bunch of stuff from the base game (or any combination of those), you can literally renovate and rebuild an entire world/neighbourhood in this particular style and have everything you need to do so.

I also goes amazingly well with the stuff in Realm of Magic.

Some of it just kinda goes well with anything. I've been renovating random houses in different places in my game with a piece here or there from this kit.

I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    They started making kits just when Stuff Packs were getting good.

I'm saying it now - just wait a few months and they'll say that they're stopping making Stuff Packs because everybody thinks Kit Packs are so great. And I've predicted all kinds of things, including the price rise of all packs and all things coming through from the votes we had for community Stuff Packs.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Not surprising. They're already making Game Packs like Stuff Packs.