Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hello! Come and introduce yourself!

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    aspern wrote: »
    Hi! (:
    I just joined the forums despite being a long-time simmer. I started playing shortly after TS3 was released, then tried TS2 out of curiosity, then took a rather long break and jumped into Sims 4 about 2 years ago.

I love building in this game. I think build mode is fantastic here once you get used to its tools. Probably the main reason I will never return to previous game versions, even though I miss some gameplay features they had. Although not really. I genuinely like the way the current game is more lightsome and funny. Few things make me smile nowadays, The Sims being one of them.

I am a college student, a beginner piano player, a classical introvert and an absolute caffeine addict. English is not my native language, but I find this forum much more enjoyable.

Hello @aspern :) It is nice to meet you.Welcome to the forums!
    It is very nice that you started simming when Sims 3 was released, and it is great that after a break you are back simming again and playing Sims 4. It is very nice that simming makes you smile :)
    Building is a very enjoyable part of simming! It is a great way of expressing our creativity through the game and have fun at the same time! It is very nice seeing our sims living in homes we have built or visiting venues we have created.
    I hope your college studies are going well. You would enjoy simming as a restful break from the stresses of your studies.
    Happy simming! :)
  • raenysimraenysim Posts: 2 New Member
    Even though I've been playing the Sims for a few years, I still feel like a newbie because I have not played TS1, or TS2. I love playing TS4, and I am not as disillusioned by it as some of the more seasoned players. I love to create and this game is honestly fun. I like that if I don't feel like doing gameplay, I can build, or vise-versa.
    raenysim wrote: »
    Even though I've been playing the Sims for a few years, I still feel like a newbie because I have not played TS1, or TS2. I love playing TS4, and I am not as disillusioned by it as some of the more seasoned players. I love to create and this game is honestly fun. I like that if I don't feel like doing gameplay, I can build, or vise-versa.

Hello @raenysim :) It is nice to meet you.Welcome to the forums!
    It is great that there are many enjoyable parts of simming! We can enjoy creating sims, or express our creativity through building homes or venues, or can enjoy seeing how the lives of our sims are going in gameplay! We can also write the stories of our sims!
    Simming is fun!
  • trineloetrineloe Posts: 37 Member
    Hi! I just joined recently due to the 24 hour-thread. I've been playing Sims through much of my childhood: 1, 2 and 3. I did buy the Sims 4, but I then had a break from the Sims games, until I went to lawschool and figured I needed something nice and relaxing to do. The last years I've been playing Sims 4, and the build/buy catalogue etc. has now clearly made me a builder. I love clutter everywhere (the more realistic the better), and I like sharing my builds in the gallery. :D
    Gallery ID: trineloe
    ~~ building life ~~
    trineloe wrote: »
    Hi! I just joined recently due to the 24 hour-thread. I've been playing Sims through much of my childhood: 1, 2 and 3. I did buy the Sims 4, but I then had a break from the Sims games, until I went to lawschool and figured I needed something nice and relaxing to do. The last years I've been playing Sims 4, and the build/buy catalogue etc. has now clearly made me a builder. I love clutter everywhere (the more realistic the better), and I like sharing my builds in the gallery. :D

Hello @trineloe :) It is nice to meet you.Welcome to the forums!
    It is very nice that you started simming when a child by playing the original Sims 1, then each version has been a part of your life as you were growing up. It is great that playing Sims 4 has been helping you take a break from the stresses of your studies .
    Simmmg is enjoyable and building is a great part of simming! It is great that we can enjoy creating builds in a variety of styles, and express our creativity through our builds. It is very nice that you share your builds through the Gallery so as other simmers can also enjoy having your creations in their game,
  • GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    I've actually been on the forums for about a year. I have been playing The Sims since the first one. I took a much deeper dive into TS4 throughout the last year while in pandemic lockdown. I am STILL a "new member" because I do way more reading than talking, and try not to comment where it's not needed. So this post is just to say hi, I have always been here, and I am only a few likes away from being an actual member. (I kind of want to start a post now and can't!)
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
    GirafHuntr wrote: »
    I've actually been on the forums for about a year. I have been playing The Sims since the first one. I took a much deeper dive into TS4 throughout the last year while in pandemic lockdown. I am STILL a "new member" because I do way more reading than talking, and try not to comment where it's not needed. So this post is just to say hi, I have always been here, and I am only a few likes away from being an actual member. (I kind of want to start a post now and can't!)

Hello @GirafHuntr :) It is nice to meet you.
    You nearly have enough points to become a full member.
    It is great that you have been playing since the original Sims 1. It is nice that you have enjoyed spending more time in Sims 4 over this last year due to the virus lockdown. Many simmers have found that simming has helped them as they go through this time. Simming is fun! It helps us to take a break from the real life world and all that it is holding.
  • Zara_StacyZara_Stacy Posts: 167 Member
    Hi there!
    I just joined the forums to communicate with other players, however I have been playing The Sims franchise for quite some time. I have only played the Sims 4 for two years, and the Sims Mobile and Sims Freeplay for 3 years each. I don't really have enough point's to communicate, (I tried reddit same issue) but I still love to read people's posts. I mostly love to do challenges in the sims 4 and use ALOT of CC. So yes, hello.
    0GnCyNY.gif
    Zara_Stacy wrote: »
    Hi there!
    I just joined the forums to communicate with other players, however I have been playing The Sims franchise for quite some time. I have only played the Sims 4 for two years, and the Sims Mobile and Sims Freeplay for 3 years each. I don't really have enough point's to communicate, (I tried reddit same issue) but I still love to read people's posts. I mostly love to do challenges in the sims 4 and use ALOT of CC. So yes, hello.

Hello @Zara_Stacy :) It is nice to meet you.Welcome to the forums!
    It is very nice that you have been simming for quite some time and that you are currently playing Sims 4, Sims Mobile and Sims Freeplay. Simming is enjoyable and fun!
    It is great thaf you enjoy doing challenges! Challenges encourage us to play the game in new ways to how we may usually play.
  • catlover2090catlover2090 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello I've actually been on this board before back in 2016 .. i played the Sims 1 in like 2011 then Sims 3 for a while. I made some toony Sims in Sims 4 cas while I'm a fan of open world in Sims I'm also as a big fan of cartoons so I really love how the characters look in sims 4 compared to 3 . I don't know what else to say really I'm more of a mod collector than a player but I plan on playing again by next month
    Hello I've actually been on this board before back in 2016 .. i played the Sims 1 in like 2011 then Sims 3 for a while. I made some toony Sims in Sims 4 cas while I'm a fan of open world in Sims I'm also as a big fan of cartoons so I really love how the characters look in sims 4 compared to 3 . I don't know what else to say really I'm more of a mod collector than a player but I plan on playing again by next month

Hello @catlover2090 :) Welcome back to the forums!
    It is nice that you started simming by playing the original Sims 1, then enjoyed playing Sims 3, and now play Sims 4.
    I hope that you will enjoy playing the game and seeing how the lives of your sims develop in your game.
  • KimberlyForSimsKimberlyForSims Posts: 15 Member
    Hi, I'm Katya, and I've been playing TS4 for a year and a half. Since childhood, I have loved to fantasize and come up with a variety of stories, with which The Sims series of games helps me to this day. And I also love building, so that's probably why I'm here.
    Hi, I'm Katya, and I've been playing TS4 for a year and a half. Since childhood, I have loved to fantasize and come up with a variety of stories, with which The Sims series of games helps me to this day. And I also love building, so that's probably why I'm here.

Hello @KimberlyForSims :) It is nice to meet you.Welcome to the forums!
    It is very nice that you have been playing sims 4 for the last year and a half.it is grist creating background stories for our sims and seeing how their lives develop in our games. Building homes and venues is an enjoyable part of simming! It is great that as we can enjoy using our creativity to design and furnish builds in a variety of styles and themes.
  • mochii_mochii_ Posts: 2 New Member
    hello, name's zahra. I have been interested in the Sims since 2020. During the on-going pandemic, the Sims kept me patient. I am grateful for the Sims, and also to God, who led me the way to the Sims. I am a new member :D also.
    mochii_ wrote: »
    hello, name's zahra. I have been interested in the Sims since 2020. During the on-going pandemic, the Sims kept me patient. I am grateful for the Sims, and also to God, who led me the way to the Sims. I am a new member :D also.

Hello @mochii_ :) It is nice to meet you.Welcome to the forums!
    It is very nice that simming has helped you through the pandemic .Simming Is a great way of taking a break from all that is happening in our day and in the world. It is also fun and enjoyable!
  • folklorian13folklorian13 Posts: 18 Member
    I'm Madison, I've been playing The Sims since ~2012 (although I do remember playing the Sims 2 when I was a kid on my sisters computer). I really like the creative freedom of the game, especially the endless storytelling possibilities. I've been a lurker of the forums but never made an account until now! I'm currently creating a little challenge based on one of my favourite books/movies so I'm looking forward to posting it when the time comes!
    I'm Madison, I've been playing The Sims since ~2012 (although I do remember playing the Sims 2 when I was a kid on my sisters computer). I really like the creative freedom of the game, especially the endless storytelling possibilities. I've been a lurker of the forums but never made an account until now! I'm currently creating a little challenge based on one of my favourite books/movies so I'm looking forward to posting it when the time comes!

Hello @folklorian13 :) It is nice to meet you.Welcome to posting on the forums!
    It is very nice that you have been simming since 2012. You would have many special memories of fun times spent in the game over the years. It is great that we can create stories and background details for our sims and enjoy seeing how their lives develop in our games.
    Your challenge you are creating sound great! It is very nice that you are planning to post it so other simmers can also enjoy doing it.
  • chrollophilechrollophile Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello, I'm Flo.

I've played The Sims since the first one! But the last time I played it if I'm not wrong it was TS3, year 2014-ish? wow I can't believe it's been so long. It was college, and I was busy trying to graduate, so I stopped playing. Now I came back, I've been playing TS4 for a few months, and everything feels so new, yet so nostalgic?? Also, it's a good distraction from whatever is going on in the world right now, keeping me sane. So thank you for that, really. And yeah I'm here for the community, and just in case if I have any questions in the future, so let's see what happens 😄
    Hello, I'm Flo.

I've played The Sims since the first one! But the last time I played it if I'm not wrong it was TS3, year 2014-ish? wow I can't believe it's been so long. It was college, and I was busy trying to graduate, so I stopped playing. Now I came back, I've been playing TS4 for a few months, and everything feels so new, yet so nostalgic?? Also, it's a good distraction from whatever is going on in the world right now, keeping me sane. So thank you for that, really. And yeah I'm here for the community, and just in case if I have any questions in the future, so let's see what happens 😄

Hello @chrollophile :) It is nice to meet you.Welcome to the forums!
    It is very nice that you have been simming since the original Sims 1. It is great that after taking a break you are back simming again and playing Sims 4. Simming is a great way to take a break from real life and all that our day and lives are holding. It is also very fun! It is great that we can enjoy simming in a number of ways from creating, to building or playing the game!
  • Charolette_MagdaCharolette_Magda Posts: 16 Member
    Hi! I'm Breanne, and I have been playing the sims for years. I hadn't played in a while though, but I have been getting back into things again. I've recently been working on creating my own challenge.
    Hi! I'm Breanne, and I have been playing the sims for years. I hadn't played in a while though, but I have been getting back into things again. I've recently been working on creating my own challenge.

Hello @Charolette_Magda :) It is nice to meet you.Welcome to the forums!,
    It is great that after a break from simming you are now back simming again. It is very nice that you are creating your own challenge!I hope that it goes well.
  • SilentBeesSilentBees Posts: 11 New Member
    Hey! I was on the forums ages ago with a different account, then stopped playing for a couple of years. Got back into it recently though! I like the Sims especially as a narrative tool, so I spend quite a lot of my time doing builds with elaborated invented backstories and the like. Will probably share a few of them down the line!
    SilentBees wrote: »
    Hey! I was on the forums ages ago with a different account, then stopped playing for a couple of years. Got back into it recently though! I like the Sims especially as a narrative tool, so I spend quite a lot of my time doing builds with elaborated invented backstories and the like. Will probably share a few of them down the line!

Hello @SilentBees :) Welcome back to the forums!
    It is very nice that after a break you are now back simming again. Simming is great that we can create stories for our Sims and give them background details.
    It is very nice that you design builds to suit the background stories. You would enjoy seeing your sims living in the homes you have built for them.
  • pixelatedollhousepixelatedollhouse Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi, I'm Heather! I started playing Sims back in 2007 with TS2, and eventually switched to playing TS4 around 2018. I like occult-based gameplay, and decorating, so I'm really looking forward to the new dream home decorator pack!
    Hi, I'm Heather! I started playing Sims back in 2007 with TS2, and eventually switched to playing TS4 around 2018. I like occult-based gameplay, and decorating, so I'm really looking forward to the new dream home decorator pack!

Hello @pixelatedollhouse :) It is nice to meet you.Welcome to the forums!
    It is very nice that you started simming by playing Sims 2 and now are also playing Sims 4. Simming is enjoyable and fun!
    The new Dream Home Decorator pack looks and sounds great! It is great to have the new Decorator career!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top