Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Coutyard Oasis Kit Opinion

Dear God.

It....

It is one the most gorgeous packs in the entire game. The wood tones match like *chef's kiss* and the tile patterns are shockingly radiant. The designs in general are gorgeous. Those doors are what made me believe in God. The furniture isn't my favouriteeeee, but it's super cool. and the plants are so nice. I'm trans and for some reason seeing this made my gender euphoria meter soar to a personal visit with heaven.

Anywho it's a 10/10 kit. We went from a kinda meh kitchen kit to THIS. Very happy.

Comments

• LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited May 2021
    Gorgeous? Maybe. I thought the Country Kitchen was gorgeous.

22 items, 3 of which are wallpaper/floors - just keep in mind how little effort needs to go into those - another is a floor decal. And for this you pay £4.99. As opposed to the Country Kitchen at least came with a wide variety of intersecting sideboards which we had a LOT less of, and fridges and cookers.

So, yes. Another building kit that looks lovely and is STILL overpriced. Tiny Living at £9.99, for example, had 34 building items as well as its CAS and extra Tiny gameplay.

Kits at their current size don't deserve to be more than £2.99.
    Post edited by Loanet on
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Hahahahaha 🤣🤣 it's truly a beauty. B/B and CAS quality has been improving a lot.
    I haven't got it yet because I'm mainly an apocalyptic player so it's actually "too pretty" lol but it's on my list 😝
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,833 Member
    I'm waiting for the restaurant builds. :)
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Over priced for what little is actually there, very niche, another for my ever growing ignore list
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited May 2021
    If something is niche you can ignore it, which is clearly the point of these packs. At the same time, it's very overpriced.

Wallpaper and floor... well, there's zero programming in them. Every rug is a rug, every window is a window, every seat is a seat, every table is a table. Oh, they look lovely, there's a lot of vibrant swatches that make your choices much wider, but it's all living room/courtyard stuff here, so where's the stuff for the rest of the house?

If we're going to have niche themes that cost £4.99, shouldn't they be for the whole house, and not just stuck in one room? Where's the Moroccan bedroom, and bathroom? The side tables or dining chairs?
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
    Loanet wrote: »
    If something is niche you can ignore it, which is clearly the point of these packs. At the same time, it's very overpriced.

Wallpaper and floor... well, there's zero programming in them. Every rug is a rug, every window is a window, every seat is a seat, every table is a table. Oh, they look lovely, there's a lot of vibrant swatches that make your choices much wider, but it's all living room/courtyard stuff here, so where's the stuff for the rest of the house?

If we're going to have niche themes that cost £4.99, shouldn't they be for the whole house, and not just stuck in one room? Where's the Moroccan bedroom, and bathroom? The side tables or dining chairs?

I'd rather have a kit that focuses on one specific room rather than a couple of items for each room. Unless it was something like a clutter or decor pack. The theme for the Moroccan pack focuses on outdoor living and entertaining.
    Over priced for what little is actually there, very niche, another for my ever growing ignore list

Well you do have a similar set in Sims 2 so you should be good to go. :)
  • lori171957lori171957 Posts: 233 Member
    I really like it. I have been building since I downloaded it. :D
  • JyotaiJyotai Posts: 505 Member
    I love it.

I posted some images elsewhere - but I messed around with one sim's apartment using the kit, and had some really nice results.

It's $5 - the cost of a cup of coffee. So I don't consider that overpriced.

I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited May 2021
    I guess it was only a matter of time until this would happen with 40+ packs, Deligracy apparently discovered that the Jungle Adventure Wallpaper and the Oasis Kit Wallpaper are almost exactly the same, one swatch is exactly the same. I saw it on DrGluon's stream and made a clip of it here.
  • AmeliaToddAmeliaTodd Posts: 226 Member

Isn't the whole idea of the kit to be for items and themes that don't quite fit anywhere else? I hope they do more niche kits and don't always cater to the mainstream and if kits is the only viable way for them to do it (from company profit point of view) then that's ok too.

I do think that this kit is quite versatile and not all that niche as some other things out there. Bohemian, magical house designs could benefit from it and so are the little cute cafes, spas etc (not to mention bathrooms, kitchen and pools)

I like it! Even more so after viewing the swatches and such, really good attention to detail with this one.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    It looks nice. I just don't know if I will use it that much.

For those who bought it, can you please tell me if the wall lamp is usable off the grid. They weren't sure of it in the live stream and I'd like to know. A new off the grid wall light would be a reason for me to get the kit.
  • lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,012 Member
    edited May 2021
    @Atreya33 I checked both lamps in game. Neither lamps are marked for off the grid even though they're candles. But the floor lamp does function off the grid and is listed in the off the grid category. Unfortunately, from what I can tell, the wall lamp is not functional off the grid. That's too bad; I also wish we had more wall lights that work off the grid.
  • lori171957lori171957 Posts: 233 Member
    edited May 2021
    @Atreya33 It says it doesn't work because there is no power, but it gives off light. The other one works off grid. :)
  • MikkiMikkiMikkiMMikkiMikkiMikkiM Posts: 213 Member
    I like it, but it's too expensive for how little it offers. Which is the case for all the kits, but this one stings, because all the items are so lovely :(
  • NoTalentNoTalent Posts: 384 Member
    It's lovely but very, very niche. It works best on the highest wall setting, to be honest. I hate that wall height, though, so I don't get the most use.
  • Freckles1971Freckles1971 Posts: 507 Member
    Think I'll wait and see what comes next thanks. :#
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    edited May 2021
    lanlyn wrote: »
    @Atreya33 I checked both lamps in game. Neither lamps are marked for off the grid even though they're candles. But the floor lamp does function off the grid and is listed in the off the grid category. Unfortunately, from what I can tell, the wall lamp is not functional off the grid. That's too bad; I also wish we had more wall lights that work off the grid.
    lori171957 wrote: »
    @Atreya33 It says it doesn't work because there is no power, but it gives off light. The other one works off grid. :)

Thank you for checking
  • MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    Now that i think of it, i was mainly going off of the appearance of the items, not the amount of items or functionality. I still consider it to be the most beautiful pack aethetic and design wise, but still.
  • SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    KITs are overpriced maybe (especially in Europe), but honestly KITs are cheaper or have the same price as a coffee in Starbucks, meal in McDonalds ect. I enjoy that content longer than I drink a coffee so I would like to focus on content. I was happy when they did a kitchen set last time because I dramatically miss counters and cabinets, but this time I'm impressed. I love that artstyle and the details. I love the fact that this time we have some different swatches just for pillows instead of whole furnitures. I'm ok with the fact that this KIT is more focus on build mode instead of buy mode but I miss some jucy details as hanging lamp ect. In my opinion it would be better if bb kits had around 30 meshes instead of 25. That 5 mashes can make a huge change. For example in country kithen I miss tables, chairs and ligthings.
  • BookBearBookBear Posts: 488 Member
    I think it's really cool. I might not buy it for myself, but my sister and I share the computer, so we'll most likely get it. I can't wait to see th builds people make.
    Offering free hugs for your time of need.
    8763f1fcdeee963323782673c8c95eee.gif
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    It looks really nice, but I wonder if we will start wishing for more content when we actually start using it.
    I usually have to turn to modders to complete EA style themes.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    edited May 2021
    The kit items are nicer than I thought. Great details from watching gamechangers showing off the kit. I will use some of objects for a church in my game.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited May 2021
    To tell you the truth, I just looked at the item preview that pops up when you open the game and click on the kits. It comes with very few items, none of which I see myself actually using on a regular basis. I don’t like the funny shaped chairs. I would never use the water fountain. I would never use the funny shaped arches. For the way I play, it just doesn’t interest me.

The difference between this pack and the kitchen pack is that every lot I play in has a kitchen! I can always use more counters, refrigerators, stoves, and sinks. The versatility is what made that pack worth $4.99 to me.

I can confidentially say I will not be purchasing this pack for the full price of $4.99. So, unless this bad boy is heavily discounted, it will say “Unowned” forever just like Batuu.
    The kit items are nicer than I thought. Great details from watching gamechangers showing off the kit. I will use some of objects for a church in my game.

That's a good idea. 🙂 I'm still waiting for someone to build a Moroccan restaurant and upload it to the Gallery. Alternatively I might download a restaurant and renovate it using the new items.