Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next Gamepack Announcement When Will It Be Made? (Announced May 20th)

Comments

• alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,404 Member
    elelunicy wrote: »
    Seems like the GP is not coming anytime soon. They just said on Inside Maxis that the next Inside Maxis livestream is on May 25, which should also be when the next patch drops so that they can go over what's in the next patch. May 25 is a Tuesday which means it's NOT the pre-GP patch.

This means the GP won't release until after the June patch. It most likely won't release until mid to late June.

But what else should they reveal in just another livestream within 7 days? They already showed the coming patch novelties today. I guess the trailer will drop in the next days and then they will do some kind of Lets Play next week.

Well they showed us the improved bunk beds which are in the next patch (second patch of May). Next week they can show us what's coming in the June patch, such as the new trait slot that they teased but didn't explain.

I would be surprised if they made the community that angry.

Btw has anybody noticed the bizarre months list on the "Summer Announcement" in the stream? It said "May - June - June". Does that mean that everything will be released in June?
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    texxx78 wrote: »
    They did said the new trait slot is coming next week, right? Or have i misunderstood that?

No, they didn't say the new slot is coming in the next patch. They told us they'll share more about this slot in the next Maxis Inside livestream.
    Btw has anybody noticed the bizarre months list on the "Summer Announcement" in the stream? It said "May - June - June". Does that mean that everything will be released in June?

I thought it was intentional. Obviously they have the correct image that says "May - June - July". Where did they find this wrong image that says "May - June - June"?

But then they told us the next stream is on May 25, as opposed to May 27. There is no way everything releases in June if the GP doesn't release until mid to late June. The EP has to come in July.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    @elelunicy thanks for clearing that out. Im not an english speaker and they talk too fast :tongue:
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,019 Member
    Justin wrote: »
    The patch could drop this Friday if anything. The last patch we had was unexpected as well. Next week they can talk about the following patch for June. I’m thinking tomorrow we can also be getting a tease trailer which will be talked about next week.
    I will love you forever if this is right. But then I'll hate you forever if it's wrong because you got my hopes up.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • aelias24aelias24 Posts: 220 Member
    texxx78 wrote: »
    They did said the new trait slot is coming next week, right? Or have i misunderstood that?

No, they didn't say the new slot is coming in the next patch. They told us they'll share more about this slot in the next Maxis Inside livestream.

I thought it was intentional. Obviously they have the correct image that says "May - June - July". Where did they find this wrong image that says "May - June - June"?

But then they told us the next stream is on May 25, as opposed to May 27. There is no way everything releases in June if the GP doesn't release until mid to late June. The EP has to come in July.

What if the game pack only need a short time to advertise. I think strangerville was only a week, right?
    Real Life Is Never As Interesting As the SimswIiJK39.jpg
  • HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member
    I have a feeling that events in Summer Line-Up tweet are chronological, so:

Kit - 18th of May
    Game Pack - End of May - Beginning of June
    Pride Party - Somewhere in June since it's a Pride Month
    Sims Event of the Summer - July EA Play
    Three Base game Updates - Each Month
    "Bond with nature" EP - After EA Play end of July

Thus I hope that Game Pack will be announced next week (25th) and will be released somewhere around 8th of June
  • Darkshadow608Darkshadow608 Posts: 156 Member
    Harukotyan wrote: »

Kit - 18th of May

Thus I hope that Game Pack will be announced next week (25th) and will be released somewhere around 8th of June

I believe, since there is another livestream on the 25th, that maybe a teaser on Friday and a trailer on Monday so that they have something to talk about in the stream other than updates. They did mention the trait slot without telling us anything about it, so that leads me to believe it's GP related.
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member

Kit - 18th of May

This sounds like the most likely scenario, I agree.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    If the game pack is a holiday destination the bunk bed patch should come before it then we could all make holiday camps or youth hostels.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member

Kit - 18th of May

I hope we won't have to wait for August for the EP.
    edited May 2021

Kit - 18th of May

The end of July isn't August.

That would still go well within the ''May/June/July'' schedule mentioned on the infographic they released.
  • ReedfishReedfish Posts: 222 Member
    They just posted on Sims twitter, looks like an architect pack is coming, more news tomorrow at 8am PT
  • MandyPandy111MandyPandy111 Posts: 22 Member
    It makes so much sense that EA would make a gamepack to play into its strengths. I think it's pretty universally agreed that building is something the sims 4 does really well. I just wonder how much this is going to offer in the way of actual gameplay for a gamepack.
    edited May 2021
    Hmmm not too amazed by the initial hints pointing at the interior designer career. I am really curious what makes this a separate GamePack instead of a (side) feature of another pack.

I think this one will be incredibly niche again. Hopefully they will add more tools for building and decorating in general (hello, Create a Style?) But I think that (Create a Style) will be very unlikely.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Hmm, I hope they make the architct more interesting than in TS3 Ambitions.
  • ReedfishReedfish Posts: 222 Member
    I wonder now if it's actually more general than interior design - that might be the new career, but the examples they give also point to creative hobbies. A new wardrobe might point to fashion/clothes-making options, a painter's studio would obviously be creative. And they said 'calling all creatives' not 'calling all designers'. It might be a more general hobbies pack, with the new career just used for marketing, to give it some focus.
  • AllinsimstimeAllinsimstime Posts: 106 Member
    Okay I really wanted bands... but I’m okay with interior design. It’ll probably be freelance.
  • ChocoSulSulChocoSulSul Posts: 182 Member
    I'm happy! I was correct! The trailer will be announced this week and will be posted next week. On the 25th, Maxis will probably comment and make a gameplay of the pack.
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    edited May 2021
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    Hmmm not too amazed by the initial hints pointing at the interior designer career. I am really curious what makes this a separate GamePack instead of a (side) feature of another pack.

I think this one will be incredibly niche again. Hopefully they will add more tools for building and decorating in general (hello, Create a Style?) But I think that (Create a Style) will be very unlikely.

I agree, I think it will be very empty and niche. On another note, the new CAS slot might be a very simple and dumbed down version of TS2 hobbies and interests (I wish...).
    rudy8292 wrote: »

Kit - 18th of May

The end of July isn't August.

That would still go well within the ''May/June/July'' schedule mentioned on the infographic they released.

My bad. I forgot July was the last month.
    edited May 2021
    I'm happy! I was correct! The trailer will be announced this week and will be posted next week. On the 25th, Maxis will probably comment and make a gameplay of the pack.

Trailer is Tomorrow. The press release is also Tomorrow.
    Post edited by catloverplayer on
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited May 2021
    Well by now at least some of us knows what the next GP is suppose to be about. And that creative career that they were pushing in the last Inside Maxis during the summer line-up segment. No guessing now as to what that is with interior design being teased today.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    So now my Sim can have a job deciding what color a wall should be this is so exciting I'm so glad its not something boring like bands but instead something I have been doing since release with the horrible selection of colors. Bob better hope the purple wall color is actually in the style of wall paint he wants but even if it is sure wont match anything else.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    So now my Sim can have a job deciding what color a wall should be this is so exciting I'm so glad its not something boring like bands but instead something I have been doing since release with the horrible selection of colors. Bob better hope the purple wall color is actually in the style of wall paint he wants but even if it is sure wont match anything else.
    It's not Bob who wanted purple wall color, it's his wife Eliza who want that color. I don't think that Bob Pancakes cares about what color are the walls inside his house are, unless they are the color of maple syrup. :D