Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bond with nature in this charming expansion pack means...

Comments

• CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    edited May 2021
    Other
    “Bonding with nature” makes me think of Outdoor Retreat meets Seasons + further expanding the off-the-grid content.
    Farming doesn’t come to mind unless we’re talking permaculture as opposed to conventional farming.

Perhaps our sims can become a Park Ranger to ensure the forests stay clean, although that does sound a lot like Island Living & Eco Life Style...in the forest.
    It does make sense for The Sims 4 to continue this “look after the environment” trend with their summer expansion packs.
    After Island Living & Eco Lifestyle it could very well be the third in line to have something to do with: “clean yer ssshite up after yerselves!”

See...there are many different ways to say the same thing...

Perhaps in this EP our sims have to stop other Sims from cutting down too many trees. Which makes me hope for a lumberjack dude...
    I’m in desperate need of a sim with an axe....

I strongly believe that there will be a supernatural element to this pack, may it be being blessed by fairies or nature spirits for looking after Mother Earth, getting tricked by folks like Leprechauns, or getting cursed by darker energies when messing with the environment. Not sure if darker energies equals Werewolves though. I still hope they get their own pack...however...

Someone who bonds with nature is most likely someone who tries to communicate with animals and who’s also guided by the stars, the moon and the sun. They will have a strong understanding of how nature may affect behavior. In that case it’s possible we’d get some kind of astrology career and the “hidden trait” slot that keeps getting leaked is in fact a horoscope slot which will come in a pre-patch that includes favorites and dislikes.

Anyway...I’ll be off for a walk in the woods so I can contemplate this one a little further..
  • MoonfoxNightcryMoonfoxNightcry Posts: 296 Member
    Fairies and garden-style pixie houses
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    An Irish World with Fairies & Farming.
    Ok, then I’d be totally down for this pack!
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    Other
    I have no idea what it means. I only hope it's not something that makes my teeth hurt from too much cute.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    edited May 2021
    Other
    It might be something I like (Farming), but I am disappointed it's no family gameplay AGAIN for another endless months. I really thought we'd get active school gameplay (which the career gamepack won't be) at last as it was teasered several times (Knifty Knitting trailer, survey, a school music video from some Korean singer they cooperated with). And people have been asking for updated babies and Generations for YEARS, but especially since the JTB-fiasco happened. Still nothing.

Why don't they just give us what we ask for? I know many people asked for farming and I'll be happy about it too when it comes, but honestly, I still fear it's something random like Eco Living which is the worst EP we got in my opinion. And I really don't need a safari/zoo pack and I didn't see many people asking for it, it's a kind of niche theme and I don't think EPs should be niche, they should broaden the whole gameplay experience. This sounds like gameplay tied to one other world only AGAIN. NO thank you.

For the base game updates I think we really might get cars ("ride") and swimming in open waters of all worlds ("waves"). I don't think we'll get babies, even though people have been asking for a long time. I know not everybody wants them, but lots of people do (not everyone likes everything - there basically is nothing everybody likes except better personalities which could come with a Generations EP).
    Post edited by SimKonfetti on
  • lulicanaleslulicanales Posts: 54 Member
    Other

For me it’s pretty clear based on last year’s polls that the “bond with nature” world is gonna be located in the Costa Rica rainforest, but I don’t see farms nor faires getting well with that.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,873 Member
    Fantasy farms (opposite of industrial farm where everything is cute)
    I hope it’s Farming. You’d think with EL, IL, SE, OR etc we’ve got a lot of bonding with nature already, so I hope it’s not anything else than Farming! Ideally, if we could get horses too....

I’m sad because I was really hoping for Generations and a school GP though.
    Also I want my sims to get cars at some point!
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited May 2021
    Eco Lifestyle, part 2 : Mother Nature

Amazon rainforest, tree houses and Native Sim tribe
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    edited May 2021
    I really really really would love for this to turn out being werewolves or fairies but I think it is more likely to be a farming pack, with normal real life gameplay like growing crops, having life stock. Or something off the grid like, perhaps eco lifestyle 2.0.
    With nature as a theme, it would be perfect to update plantsims to a proper occult lifestate.
  • doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    Charming vintage build/buy like country style homes
    I really think it will bra cute alpine-style aretteculy speaking world with a lot of outdoor pursuits like sailing ATB or mountain biking

If you don't know ATB (mounting boarding) is this
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0LAX_ngR-I
  • rudolpharudolpha Posts: 997 Member
    I would love a Celtic world with fairies and dragons to train.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited May 2021
    I'm so lost on what it could be I don't even know what to vote😅 they always surprise us with packs we didn't see coming lol
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited May 2021
    I'm thinking fairies could be part of it the way mermaids were part of island living.
    I was hoping to wearwolves but bond with nature sounds too sweet lol
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • pinkplushgirlpinkplushgirl Posts: 13 New Member
    Other
    What if its farming but they went an animal route since you bond with animals rather than tractors and what not. My theory is a Scottish highland world here's why. They have both the smallest horse: Shetland ponies and the largest horse: Clydesdale, coincidence I think not. :D The Scotish highlands were also mentioned on a survey. There are more sheep in Scotland than people and they're just floating around doing their own thing. They have their own native cows, the highland cows. These animals are all part of Scotland's "natural" landscape. They also have a lot of charming castles. What if we got spiral staircases or curved walls? Mic drop! Or I could also be totally wrong wouldn't be the first time. :#
  • JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    I hope it means animals. We don’t have enough animals in this game to be honest. I would love to see deers, bears (not the ones you see in WEHO), penguins, & other exotic animals. Heck, even big foot or the yeti would be nice to have in game.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Other
    Going outside and meditating. Bond with nature.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • lulicanaleslulicanales Posts: 54 Member
    Other
    What if its farming but they went an animal route since you bond with animals rather than tractors and what not. My theory is a Scottish highland world here's why. They have both the smallest horse: Shetland ponies and the largest horse: Clydesdale, coincidence I think not. :D The Scotish highlands were also mentioned on a survey. There are more sheep in Scotland than people and they're just floating around doing their own thing. They have their own native cows, the highland cows. These animals are all part of Scotland's "natural" landscape. They also have a lot of charming castles. What if we got spiral staircases or curved walls? Mic drop! Or I could also be totally wrong wouldn't be the first time. :#

It would be ABSOLUTELY beyond great if it was a medieval foresty world with charming castles. I’m in
  • inkyvioletinkyviolet Posts: 147 Member
    Vineyards and wine (for bonding)
    I wish it was farming or some of the others but being slightly pessimistic here tonight. Thinking about the vineyard experience, was it Sim 3? I hope I'm wrong
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Going outside and meditating. Bond with nature.

Meditation does not imply bonding with nature but I do wonder if there will be any repercussions if we don't bond with it.
  • AedanStarfangAedanStarfang Posts: 272 Member
    Bond with nature makes me think Plantsim, so maybe overhauled Plantsim occult?
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Other
    Outdoor Retreat 2.0.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,403 Member
    I say fairies, horses & unicorns.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,484 Member
    edited May 2021
    I need to know just what they mean by this. Either it's an EP for camping or it's a living off of the land type of gameplay. I'm at a loss and not at all thrilled. Why are the Sims veering off into such wild and uninteresting directions? I'm really very peeved right now. I enjoy Sims4 very much and wanted the best of the Sims from the first through Sims3 to be incorporated. I know, I know there are some sticks in the mud who insist the game must be full of brand new things not repeats from the past. I will, however, remind those who think that way, that the things returned in Sims3 from Sims2 were done with a new twist and greatly improved upon. I think that's great. Everything I wanted in Sims2, I still want. But, I can no longer play Sims2 for the severe limitations that game has. Sims3 started out with some good things, but some of the innovations clogged up the plumbing, so to speak, and it became unplayable even on my gaming rig, without the use of 20+ NRaas, Ind. MODS. (Thank you Twallen, and crew.) There is more than enough room, in my humble opinion, for all kinds of new things to be added, along with the best of the previously used things. Why can't we have the best CAS, with some new things, plus much of the older things. I likely won't purchase Sims5, especially if it's an online many player game. I abhor those. Tired of my little Gnome being murdered just outside the gates of a 'safe city' by some piece of beef jerky who decided they didn't like my little Gnome for reasons unknown.

I play this game to escape from the present world. Things are bad enough without it being brought into the game IE Eco Living. (I don't even want to know what the Block Party is supposed to be about.)

So, I hope to learn about what a pack named Bond With Nature could possibly entail. I have a small list of packs I have already declined to purchase, I didn't wish to add to this list, but I may have to. EA I'm very vexed at you right now.

Anybody have any notion, or any guesses? Please share and let's keep this as friendly as possible.
    Post edited by EA_Lanna on
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    I need to know just what they mean by this. Either it's an EP for camping or it's a living off of the land type of gameplay. I'm at a loss and not at all thrilled. Why are the Sims veering off into such wild and uninteresting directions? I'm really very peeved right now. I enjoy Sims4 very much and wanted the best of the Sims from the first through Sims3 to be incorporated. I know, I know there are some sticks in the mud who insist the game must be full of brand new things not repeats from the past. I will, however, remind those who think that way, that the things returned in Sims3 from Sims2 were done with a new twist and greatly improved upon. I think that's great. Everything I wanted in Sims2, I still want. But, I can no longer play Sims2 for the severe limitations that game has. Sims3 started out with some good things, but some of the innovations clogged up the plumbing, so to speak, and it became unplayable even on my gaming rig, without the use of 20+ NRaas, Ind. MODS. (Thank you Twallen, and crew.) There is more than enough room, in my humble opinion, for all kinds of new things to be added, along with the best of the previously used things. Why can't we have the best CAS, with some new things, plus much of the older things. I likely won't purchase Sims5, especially if it's an online many player game. I abhor those. Tired of my little Gnome being murdered just outside the gates of a 'safe city' by some piece of beef jerky who decided they didn't like my little Gnome for reasons unknown.

I play this game to escape from the present world. Things are bad enough without it being brought into the game IE Eco Living. (I don't even want to know what the Block Party is supposed to be about.)

So, I hope to learn about what a pack named Bond With Nature could possibly entail. I have a small list of packs I have already declined to purchase, I didn't wish to add to this list, but I may have to. EA I'm very vexed at you right now.

Anybody have any notion, or any guesses? Please share and let's keep this as friendly as possible.

I think it's a Castaway type experience gameplay where you get stranded on a farway island and you need to bond with nature to survive and get off the island. There are a couple more threads on this topic you might find more guesses there. :lol:
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,484 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »

I think it's a Castaway type experience gameplay where you get stranded on a farway island and you need to bond with nature to survive and get off the island. There are a couple more threads on this topic you might find more guesses there. :lol:

Thanks for the reponse. I did look for threads before I created this one, but it is entirely possible I missed them. :/
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,870 Member
    Lucky charms, leprechauns, werewolves
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/989838/summer-line-up-announced/p1

One of those :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina