Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The grand sequel to: "The first one to page 100 wins!"

Comments

• DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    when you leave for 6 months and come back to this :)

Come back to what? :P
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    I just got my second dose of the Covid vaccine today. So now I'm fully vaccinated against the virus.
    Today's Q Q is:
    Do you prefer a fudgy brownie or a cakey brownie?

Cakey. Don't at me. Fudgy just feels so chocolatey. I might as well eat a real fudge bar or chocolate bar.
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • BrokenWheelsBrokenWheels Posts: 579 Member
    DeKay wrote: »

13958 notifications
    rawr rawr origin id: mwood7683
    tenor.gif?itemid=5566087

13958 notifications

Oh, haha. This is why I don't turn on notifications for new posts. XD
    FwDXXd5.gif
    Today's Q Q is:

Cakey. Don't at me. Fudgy just feels so chocolatey. I might as well eat a real fudge bar or chocolate bar.
    Cake brownies, but I will eat fudge brownies too.
  • TheRoseHorseTheRoseHorse Posts: 7,300 Member
    Today's Q Q is:

Fudgy, but I like both
    Even the Most Beautiful Rose has been through the Dirt
    sunman502 wrote: »
    Today's Q Q is:

I feel like we're the minority here. XD I'm also asking this question on my Instagram stories and so far there's 34 votes for fudgy and 5 for cakey.

I think for me, as well, it's cuz when I was first introduced to brownies when I was a wee kid, it was a cakey one so that's why I just thought that was what it was supposed to be. And only like 3-4 years ago, my uni friend bought me a piece of brownie and I was so surprised by the fudgy texture and was like, "WOT IS THIS. THIS AIN'T NO BROWNIE."
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,934 Member
    Today's Q Q is:

If you ask me from last week it would be a Cake Brownie. But me currently feels closer to fudgy.
    L9q8VGi.png
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    edited May 2021
    To me, in order to be an actual brownie rather than just a square of chocolate cake, it has to have a certain density and fudgy chew. But not so fudgy as to lost all semblance to a baked good. They also have to have a shiny/crackled top.

When I make them more like cake (rarely) then I like to use chocolate hummus as frosting! And I make mine grain-free and vegan, just because it comes out well, it's easy, and it's nutrient-dense while being lower glycemic. These can be made (and taste good!) with only 3 ingredients (bananas, peanut butter, and cacao) but a dash of sugar helps the texture.

In a food processer, I puree 1 or 2 overripe bananas with a couple of spoonfuls of sugar (for the best shiny/crackly top, but I've also done it without added sugar) add an equal amount of peanut butter, process that together, then something like 1/2 cup full-fat dutched cacao powder (also called alkalized), and thin it, if necessary, with a little water, until it's the right spreading consistency. Then into an oiled rectangular baking pan and into a 375 F oven.

For a more cake-like texture, I add a 2:1 ratio of cream of tartar to baking soda, mixed together before adding to the batter, so that it rises. This also works if I thin the batter a bit with a tiny bit of water, for making mini chocolate cupcakes.

Herbal inclusions are optional. B)
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Zara_StacyZara_Stacy Posts: 167 Member
    Today's Q Q is:

Fudge. Imma a fudge chocolate lover for sure.
    0GnCyNY.gif
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    Today's Q Q is:

Cake style fudge! :yum: Topped it with Chocolate soft serve ice cream, with Chocolate chips and cover with a layer of melted Chocolate!

You might want to get a spoon for all of this... And napkins - lots and lots of napkins!

The buffet where I would make this has been closed down - ding-dang it! Makes me sad!
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • MousellineMouselline Posts: 4,845 Member
    Today's Q Q is:

Fudgy. Love chocolate and I handle rich things very well. I can eat rich things a lot longer than the rest of my family before I can’t eat anymore. I once ate 2 of those almond bark things plain
    Today's Q Q is:

How about no brownie.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5566087
    Today's Q Q is:

How about no brownie.

Blondie, then?😄

xicwqMCm.jpg
    Today's Q Q is:

How about no brownie.

3USgt2g.gif
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • magic_cat_treemagic_cat_tree Posts: 292 Member
    @magic_cat_tree Sounds like a nice time! I wouldn't do banana and pineapple and peanut butter, on a burger, but I am accustomed to peanut butter with hot chili sauce and garlic...if I weren't allergic to cilantro now, I'd have a burger with spicy peanut sauce and cilantro, and if it's spicy enough, some pineapple too maybe.

Hubs' favorite ice cream is a locally-crafted blueberry oat crumble flavor. It has corn syrup so I can't really eat it, but I took a bite anyway (and broke out on my scalp...ugh) but it was really amazing.

YUM blueberry and oat crumble sounds amazing! My husband makes what he calls "porridge cookies" from oats, bananas, peanut butter and blueberries (yes, we eat a lot of the same ingredients lol) and they are just tooo good! it sucks that you have to suffer the break out though :(
    oh and I actually really don't like cilantro (or coriander as we call it :) ) which makes me a bit of a weirdo I think

How come I'm the only person who has no idea what you're all talking about ? ._. what is the difference between cakey and fudgy brownies? I've had brownies before... that's about all I know :#
    Drummer in Seize The Day
    @DeKay Are we not gonna talk about Ezra being your sig :|
    tenor.gif?itemid=5566087
    edited May 2021
    @DeKay Are we not gonna talk about Ezra being your sig :|

What about it?

magic_cat_tree Sounds like a nice time! I wouldn't do banana and pineapple and peanut butter, on a burger, but I am accustomed to peanut butter with hot chili sauce and garlic...if I weren't allergic to cilantro now, I'd have a burger with spicy peanut sauce and cilantro, and if it's spicy enough, some pineapple too maybe.

Hubs' favorite ice cream is a locally-crafted blueberry oat crumble flavor. It has corn syrup so I can't really eat it, but I took a bite anyway (and broke out on my scalp...ugh) but it was really amazing.

YUM blueberry and oat crumble sounds amazing! My husband makes what he calls "porridge cookies" from oats, bananas, peanut butter and blueberries (yes, we eat a lot of the same ingredients lol) and they are just tooo good! it sucks that you have to suffer the break out though :(
    oh and I actually really don't like cilantro (or coriander as we call it :) ) which makes me a bit of a weirdo I think

How come I'm the only person who has no idea what you're all talking about ? ._. what is the difference between cakey and fudgy brownies? I've had brownies before... that's about all I know :#

You'd probably had a fudgy one since it's more common. A cakey one is closer to a chocolate mug cake, if you had that before.
    FwDXXd5.gif
    Today's Q Q is:

I feel like we're the minority here. XD I'm also asking this question on my Instagram stories and so far there's 34 votes for fudgy and 5 for cakey.

I think for me, as well, it's cuz when I was first introduced to brownies when I was a wee kid, it was a cakey one so that's why I just thought that was what it was supposed to be. And only like 3-4 years ago, my uni friend bought me a piece of brownie and I was so surprised by the fudgy texture and was like, "WOT IS THIS. THIS AIN'T NO BROWNIE."
    In a way a cake brownie is kind of like a cake in that it does sort of have the same type of texture as a cake does. Where as a fudge brownie is smoother and more dense than a cake brownie. A fudge brownie tends to be much smaller than a cake brownie because they don't have a as much air pockets in them as a cake brownie does. But both are still classified as brownies.
    Today's Q Q is:
    How long can you hold your breath? I had to quicken the video a bit tho cuz it needs be be under 1min to be uploaded to Imgur. XD Take this 'test' with a pinch of salt and don't hurt yourself! :P

I got up to 8 but the first time I saw the video when it wasn't sped up, I only got to a 6. I don't consider my lungs normal/strong either since I have asthma. 🤣
    FwDXXd5.gif
    Today's Q Q is:
    How long can you hold your breath? I had to quicken the video a bit tho cuz it needs be be under 1min to be uploaded to Imgur. XD Take this 'test' with a pinch of salt and don't hurt yourself! :P

I got up to 8 but the first time I saw the video when it wasn't sped up, I only got to a 6. I don't consider my lungs normal/strong either since I have asthma. 🤣
    I'm mildly asthmatic, so I'll be lucky to even hold my breath for 3 seconds.
    Today's Q Q is:

I'm mildly asthmatic, so I'll be lucky to even hold my breath for 3 seconds.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm even asthmatic. I can hold my breath pretty normally I guess, but I can't even pass the Spirometry test. But that test is more like how long you can blow out air (and how strong). I can't do it at all. LOL.
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • Zara_StacyZara_Stacy Posts: 167 Member
    Today's Q Q is:

I got to 5. And I don't even have asthma. And i have swam for 8 years. HOW MAN HOW.
    0GnCyNY.gif
    edited May 2021
    Made it to 8. I think not watching it, helps.

xicwqMCm.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top