Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Amazon Challenge: Tribe Isla (3/14)

14567810...Next

Comments

• SpectresValkyrieSpectresValkyrie Posts: 317 Member
    More new chapters! Yes! No schedule just chapters. Enjoy
    03y2DJV.png
    ETagn5d.jpg
  • lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
    This was SUCH a good update!

Nemo...Not only does he have a sister to protect, but now a daughter too. Luckily, Meri is telling the truth, and it can only be hoped that she'll be believed.
    This was SUCH a good update!

Nemo...Not only does he have a sister to protect, but now a daughter too. Luckily, Meri is telling the truth, and it can only be hoped that she'll be believed.

I'm glad! And yeah there is a lot for him to look after now.
    ETagn5d.jpg
  • MrsRacooneyMrsRacooney Posts: 2,091 Member
    I can't helps but admire Alkyone for her decision to give Pythia a fair trial. It can't be easy for her, she has probably experienced a lot of help and also, emotional support from her in the last decade. Her brother is her future daughter's father. Her "betrayal" must weigh heavily on Alkyone and as queen, it would be so easy to just get rid of her very fast. That would surely hurt less but still, she gives her the chance to defend herself and plead her cause and I think, deep down Alkyone is hoping that Pythia is right and that she can be pardoned, maybe even help the tribe with her discovery and Meri's testimony. Alkyone, too, must be anxious to learn what happened outside of Otrere. She can only protect her tribe if she knows, so the trial may actually be the easiest and inocuous way for her to learn about the news. You know, she can tell potential allies of Meri she gave her a fair chance and Meri's enemies that it was during a trial and no one can really take offense B)
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
    I can't helps but admire Alkyone for her decision to give Pythia a fair trial. It can't be easy for her, she has probably experienced a lot of help and also, emotional support from her in the last decade. Her brother is her future daughter's father. Her "betrayal" must weigh heavily on Alkyone and as queen, it would be so easy to just get rid of her very fast. That would surely hurt less but still, she gives her the chance to defend herself and plead her cause and I think, deep down Alkyone is hoping that Pythia is right and that she can be pardoned, maybe even help the tribe with her discovery and Meri's testimony. Alkyone, too, must be anxious to learn what happened outside of Otrere. She can only protect her tribe if she knows, so the trial may actually be the easiest and inocuous way for her to learn about the news. You know, she can tell potential allies of Meri she gave her a fair chance and Meri's enemies that it was during a trial and no one can really take offense B)

Alkyone had a lot of difficult choices a head when it comes to Pythia's trial. Deep down I am sure she hopes Pythia is right. In a small tribe there are only so many people to trust. Having the only other woman in the group betray her no doubt hurts her deeply. Alkyone is going to try to do right and hope that Pythia and Meri are truthful.

Should Pythia be right then she isn't trying to cause problems...that does bring the trouble to Otrere. Pythia, while it was in Otrere's best interest, did go against Alkyone. Something that can't be let go of.

If Pythia is wrong...well

But can anyone really blame Alkyone for her choices?
    ETagn5d.jpg
    edited March 2021
    New Chapter time! Enjoy. Have a few more chapters lined up and I am to try to release one a week.

Chapter Sixteen
    ETagn5d.jpg
    @SpectresValkyrie

I loved this update! Putting my comments in a spoiler below.

I seriously love how well thought out these punishments are. I mean, for one, you have the time frame, which gives time for Alkyone's pregnancy to develop (the two months that Pythia is away) and then the three years that she's allowed to stay. I do feel bad for Pythia, but at the same time, even though she had a valid excuse she did still go against her Creator.

I'm majorly looking forward to seeing what Nemo and Alkyone's little girl is going to look like, too! And I'm glad that Meri is now safer than she was.
    @lilypadmeulin
    I'm glad you liked it! Reply under the spoiler :)
    Pythia did what was right for Otrere and while Alkyone is happy that Pythia was not misled, she can't let that slight go. Alkyone cares about Pythia which is why she giving her time to get to know her niece and say goodbye to her brother.

Alkyone and Nemo's daughter is great and will play some sort of part in the next generation. Maybe not a big one but she will show up.
    ETagn5d.jpg
    Poor Nemo, having to lead his own sister before the queen carrying his child :tired_face:
    Of course Alkyone couldn't let Pythia down the hook without punishment. It's sad, Pythia just wanted their best but I think she understands Alkyone, too. It is vital that tribal members respect their queen, for respect commands loyalty and loyalty is what keeps them alive. Poor Pythia, though. At least she will see her niece or nephew :heart:
    I'm wondering what Alkyone will do with Meri. She told the truth, but they don't know anything about the actual circumstances. If she wants to decide whether to free her or not, it will be necessary to do further investigations
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
    Poor Nemo, having to lead his own sister before the queen carrying his child :tired_face:
    Of course Alkyone couldn't let Pythia down the hook without punishment. It's sad, Pythia just wanted their best but I think she understands Alkyone, too. It is vital that tribal members respect their queen, for respect commands loyalty and loyalty is what keeps them alive. Poor Pythia, though. At least she will see her niece or nephew :heart:
    I'm wondering what Alkyone will do with Meri. She told the truth, but they don't know anything about the actual circumstances. If she wants to decide whether to free her or not, it will be necessary to do further investigations

Nemo is having a difficult time. His queen vs his sister. It isn't a good time for him. Pythia either. She atleast has time to spend with her family before leaving.

Alkyone is taking time to figure out what to do with Meri. Honestly I don't think Alkyone wanted to give Pythia a sentence but it couldn't be let go.
    ETagn5d.jpg
    Life says no schedule! Ah well, new chapter! Enjoy!
    ETagn5d.jpg
    @SpectresValkyrie

This update was beautiful, and left me with so many questions I can't wait to see the answers to. How will Meri fulfill her role of Creator without children? Will she adopt them? How will things play out? I'm also very interested in the fact that they've forged a slight alliance, which can only be helpful from here on out, and her 'Andromache' look is excellent.
    @lilypadmeulin
    Meri isn't great with kids. She doesn't hate them. Behind the scenes Meri tried her hardest to interact with Aella, the heir to Otrere. Aella just did not want to deal with Meri. As of right now, Meri isn't thinking about children. To her they are fragile and the world is chaotic. Would she want to eventually bring a child into the life she lives? It's something for her to think about. If Meri has kids or doesn't have kids, the fourth generation of Isla will be a decent of Mahina that I can promise.

Meri's first alliance is shaky at best. Otrere has been around a lot longer then Isla. Alkyone is wiser then Meri and I don't think Meri would want to get on her bad side.

I'm glad you like the Andromache look! I wanted to sort of change up Meri without making it too drastic
    ETagn5d.jpg
    @SpectresValkyrie

Meri's character is really interesting to see here, and your comments on it too are very interesting indeed. Isla will need the support but you're right, it's quite a shaky one - but still an alliance.
    edited May 2021
    As long as life doesn't say "no chapter", I'm okay with it :D
    I bring forth the plead for Meri to stay Andromache or at least in her new style forever. It looks very creator-y and I am absolutely stunned :dizzy: She's clearly not the teenager trying to somehow lead a tribe any more. It's kind of a foreshadowing of her current and future development. Maybe she could even keep the name Andromache as an epithet, and it would be a glorious epithet if you know its meaning :smiley:
    Also, can we talk about Alkyone's smarts? She always tries to stick to the rules to protect her tribe but if it's possible, she bends them to the fullest. It's still not breaking them, right? lol. I love it. That's why Otrere has survived for so long, having a creator who never acts against the rules publicly but does everything she needs in secret. Just like she was offering Meri to send Isla's firstborn tribal son to Otrere. It isn't a punishment (at least if Meri does not make it into one in her head). It's a way out. It's mercy. Seriously, Alkyone herself has probably been nurishing her entire tribe with kindness all this time. It will be hard for her daughter to follow in her footsteps one day. Can... can you tell I love her? O.o
    Lol at first I was like "Wow this woman is dressed so similarly to Io, that's actually funny" and a few more sentences in "Oh. Um, well..." :D
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
    Lol at first I was like "Wow this woman is dressed so similarly to Io, that's actually funny" and a few more sentences in "Oh. Um, well..." :D

I was reading through some previous conversations we had about Chrysippos and his family. I hope what I wrote about Io was okay and didn't mess anything up story wise!

I don't plan on being done with Isla for a while, despite some unintentionally long breaks.

Andriomache, I was trying to change up Meri's look. I didn't want it to be too much of a change but enough where it is and isn't Meri. A reflection of who she can be and not who others want her to be. A creator in her own way. She could have been or could still be a princess, or atleast a royal family member like her father wanted. Or a strict creator like Marcella tried to make her. Or she could be Andriomache. And I think the name Andriomache could suit her as a title or like you said an epithet. A show of growth from the shy, uncertain child heiress to a strong leader and courageous warrior.

Alkyone is fun. I had been doing some research into strong female rulers. I wanted to make a creator that could be seen as one. Someone who follows the rules but bends them to her will. A leader who can be strict and compassionate. So she can rule with a level head. Alkyone will follow the rules but with her own interpretation of how to use them. I am glad you like her!
    ETagn5d.jpg
    edited May 2021
    it's time for a check-in with Levi.
    ETagn5d.jpg
    Poor Levi. He thought he had left the arena for good and now he's been dragged back into the nightmare.
    I'm not sure if the queen had to take Chrysippos as a leverage. Levi seems like he's in automatic survival mode. It would take a huge effort to get himself out of there and make an attempt on the queen's life. I take it she enjoys torturing her prisoners in this way, though, knowing she has their loved ones close. It is intriguing that the threat to kill her brother would afflict the woman in the neighboring cell. Well, maybe it's more the threat to her mother than to her brother.
    I wonder who this gladiator that Levi will be facing will be :confused: It doesn't sound like "good entertainment" to give one opponent such a disadvantage with having no weapon
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
    Caught up on the latest chapter!

I really feel for Levi here, and I definitely don't like the sound of this queen. She sounds absolutely awful, and I really feel for all those affected by her cruelty.
    New Chapter time! Slowly everyone is getting together in the same area!
    ETagn5d.jpg
    Yessss, finally! Seeing Isla back made me so happy :smiley: I hope you're okay?

Levi is going through something really tough here.
    I hope he will only find out that it was indeed Meri in a situation in which she can explain, otherwise it could be hard to understand for him and make him harbor some resentments toward her. After all, she didn't interefere. Or maybe he will just be relieved. It could go any way from here on, really.
    It's hard for Meri, too though. It's good that she has Alkyone accompany and guide her a little but it's still dangerous.
    One thing I didn't quite understand is the fight. So the traitors were the Amazons? Or Levi? It would be weird to fully arm traitors and send them against a single, unarmed man but on the other hand, it would be the best show of power that one could ever think of. And if Levi is the traitor, why not send better warriors :#:joy:
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
    @MrsRacooney
    Life has been all over the place but I am okay. I hope you are doing okay too.
    I'm glad Isla being back is a happy time! :smile:

It can go either way for Levi. He will probably be thrilled one of his friends is alive. The last time he saw her was at her birthday and then he woke up, captured with little to no information. Then Chrysippos was taken. On the other hand, could she not have step in and help him out of the difficult spot he is in? It is a hard time for both. Time will tell.

Both are traitors in a sense. Levi is part of a tribe this new queen had issues with. So she got rid of Isla by separating everyone and trying to deal with them in one way or another. Levi was deemed special in a sense cause he is a good combatant and some other reasons that I plan on showing later. The other amazons that Levi fought had stood up to this new queen. They didn't want to follow her rules and were activly working against her. The new queen didn't want anyone opposing her so she sent them to fight. I think she just wanted a show. Either the amazons win proving that they are strong and traitors won't be allowed. Or Levi wins and the amazons lost to a single unarmed man which could be seen as a humiliation. Either way, the new queen wins.
    ETagn5d.jpg